Big W Retail Stores

• Return Claim MadeYes · No (115)

Disillusioned

Disillusioned

Why can't published "in stock" info be accurate?

Store LocationPacific Fair, Broadbeach, QLD 4218
Fiona H.

Fiona H.Gippsland, VIC

Worst customer service ever

Worst customer service ever, won’t even pack a bag - 1 star is too much.
What I would like to say:
“Sorry to the staff at Big W Wonthaggi for putting you out and inconveniencing you by shopping in your store. If I’d realised I would be such a burden, I never would have made this mistake & upset you so. No worries though, it won’t happen again. I’ll be sure to let my friends & family know that we, the customer are not wanted, not welcome & should find another alternative. At least we have other options. Cheers & Merry Christmas!”

Store LocationWonthaggi

This afternoon at Big W

Store LocationStrathpine
Penn H.

Penn H.

Illogical hiring practice and lack of men in recruitment

Women are mostly involved in the hiring process, which makes the job interview intimidating for a man. They won’t hire someone who is readily available for work, has no dependants, physically fit, and energetic. They have no patience to teach someone how to perform duties; learning on the job isn’t an Option. You must already have experience in retail.

Instead, they’ll choose unfit, older, overweight candidates, who most likely have dependents. They also don’t handle the ambition of workers wanting to ascend the ladder, as higher ups feel threatened and they worry about their job security. I really wanted to work there.

Store LocationOrion Springfield
Lucas

Lucas

Would you sell a car without wheels

Spent 200 bucks on a leap pad for my son but when I ask where to buy games for it just get told maybe look on Ebay just useless you should be ashamed of such terrible service and lack of stock

Store LocationJoondalup
Vanessa

VanessaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pointless looking for games and equipment if you play xbox or ps4

Staff did not have any gaming knowledge the guy who served me was nice but clueless I tried to buy a game I wanted it was on the shelf but apparently not available I then looked for more games but they were all crap and over priced. This is not suitable for gamers!

Store LocationEastland
CustomerGuy

CustomerGuy

TIP : Why you need a receipt to refund or exchange sizes

I shop with Bigw a lot and I can see a lot of people here have the same refund gift issue , a helpful tip that there is gift receipt option if your planning to purchase the item as a gift just ask the checkout or service staff for it. You need a receipt is due to the fact a lot of people just grab items from the clothing section and demands a refund , there is no way of telling if your purchased it as all tags are the same in product code and also due to dishonest people these days makes it diffcult to distinguish between honest and scumbags.

Annette F.

Annette F.Perth, WA

Avella clothing sizing is terrible

I needed a new pair of jeans. Went to Big W, Mirrabooka, and they have a great range’ unfortunately, sizing is anHUGE is. 2 pairs of the same size as labeled, and 1 pair is in fact about 3 sizes bigger around the waists, but then it’s legs are about 8 sizes too small.
The other pair, while fitting around the waist, has tents for the legs :(
Honestly, both labeled the same size :(
They’re going back, and I won’t buy from Big W again.
Oh, and Kmart has a similar issue
I’m told both companies use Chinese manufacturing...by staff
And staff also told me that it’s the pick of the draw with Avella sizing, they they have no control over it

Store LocationMirrabooka WA. But all sizing is the same at BIG W
jamieleehenderson69

jamieleehenderson69South East Queensland, QLD

Dunlop Size 7 Basketball Exploded

I bought a size 7 dunlop basketball from the big W location at garden city shopping centre with my partner, we took it out to the open court at the same shopping centre, took some turns trying to throw it into the net for ~15-20 minutes before deciding to go home, while sitting at the bus stop waiting to go the ball started making strange noises before exploding about a minute later, destroying my hearing for about 45 minutes and terrifying everybody else in the bus stop (it was very loud), all in all I wouldn't recommend getting balls atleast from here, couldn't even find a proper way to leave a review on the actual product

Store LocationBig W Mt Gravatt Corner of Logan Road and, Kessels Rd, Upper Mount Gravatt QLD 4122
BMB

BMBMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Appalling staff behaviour

Store LocationBig W Young NSW
Lis

Lis

Party section. Balloon rip off

I had a kids birthday party and had 6 small of my own helium balloons. I went into big w store the afternoon before the party and got them blown up. It cost $40! I thought there must've been some mistake so went back into store the next to check(was in a rush before) and the manager was abrupt and said not their problem.

Jake

JakeQueensland

basketball hoop

i bought the $89 basketball hoop and when i got home the middle pole to make it was not the right size so Big W really needs to fix this

Store LocationLoganholme Queensland
Lynette K.

Lynette K.Sydney, NSW

Best easy shop for mother's

I like there variety and range for baby things and kids clothes. They always have savings and always competive price. The customer service is really good when ever I ask a question or for help they always are more then happy to help me out. Even helping with my sometimes full on kids.

Store LocationBlacktown big W retail store

Jayne M.

Jayne M.Illawarra, NSW

Happy customer

I purchased a pair of women’s Tradie work boots called “The Boss”. Unassisted but that’s ok. Greeted at store front by friendly staff. I found what I was looking for and happily purchased it. Price was better than what I had been comparing to. Really comfortable. Cashier service was pleasant and happy. Satisfied shopping experience!

Store LocationWarrawong Big W
Halle

HalleSydney, NSW

Q U A L I T Y

I purchased a pair of black ugg boots, and a cute little button top from there store in Plumpton. AMAZING quality for both purchases! Ugg boots are so warm and durable I wear them everywhere! Great customer service as well :)

Store LocationPlumpton NSW
alexander52

alexander52AU

Philips Series 1000

I bought a Philips series electric shaver my first as i was using throw away razors this shaver is brillant its quiet and does a good close up shave i would reconmend this shaver just the job i still have my battery Philips shaver my mum bought me in 1988 sadly you can get the blades for this anymore its seems any Philips brand off shaver is the way to go hope i can buy the blades for this shaver when the time come all up very happy with my new Philips electric shaver comes with little brush and pouch it carry so if you are after a shaver than run out and buy this one you will enjoy it does the job

Store LocationBig W Erina Fair On The Central Coast

John DoeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Racist Employee

Nathan

NathanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Calling for product

Called five times waited total one hour for them to track down one product and still could not tell me if it was in store so not happy with service

Store LocationSunshine