Big W

Big W (page 2 of 47)

Online Store and Retail Stores

See the Best Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Rude employee

We were using self service at Midland gate Big W.
My daughter dropped the bottle of coke. My partner went with her to exchange it and put it to the back of the drinks.
The attendant from self service followed and said don't effing put it back and grabbed a bottle out but grabbed the wrong one anyway!

Pathetic and false claims on website

Bigw advertises on its website that orders for click and collect placed before 12:00 could be picked up same day after 4:00PM. Based on this statement I placed an order for a gift for my son. Despite 3 days have not received notification for pick up despite their website showing item available in stock. when I contacted online help desk they are saying we have asked store to expedite it though stock is available with them. Why make such exaggerated claims of same day pick up when they cannot fulfill this in 3 days even.

Service to the Gawler Big W was far better than I have received from any other store.

I could not buy a Phillips all in one cooker in the Riverland
so I rang Gawler Big W.t
They were more than helpful the woman I spoke to even went out to the loading dock & searched for the exact model. Price was the best Anywhere for the Phillips HD2237/27 They made sure that it arrive by post very quickly
excellent service

Store LocationBig W Gawler

Worst customer service

Went to Macqurie centre big w to exchange nappies (husband got wrong size) with receipt not open in perfect condition. Customer service staff advise that larger size huggies nappy is more expensive that I need to pay difference. I explained that the price difference on receipt is because the item was on special when I bought it and today it’s not. However only an exchange of size should not matter or incur a price difference. Employer did not listen called manager Julie who came listen and said to me offcourse you can exchange without difference. This was the worst exchange experience and I highly recommend training your customer service employees more and listening to your customers. This was anything but customer centric and I will never return to your retail store worst experience.

Store LocationMacqurie shopping centre

Click and collect! Took forever

Got items online clickncollect. But you have to go to layby service to pick up. Giant line up. Took me 20 mins to just collect an item. Much quicker to go in and purchase off the shelf. Not enough staff in store to assist.

Store LocationGreenhills

Made to feel like I had done something wrong in Atherton QLD

I have just tried to return a book purchased by my husband for my birthday yesterday, with the receipt dated lunch time yesterday.
I did not want the purchase as I have read the book
On returning it I was asked why the cover was not flat and a little curled( not creased) to which I replied that is how it was purchased.
Then i was asked why I would purchase a book in that condition, to which I answered" it was a birthday present"
Then I was told they could not resell this item due to the slightly curled front cover and they would have to through it away
I then again told the girl I had purchased it this way and only opened to cover to put the receipt in
After getting the manager and making me feel like I had done something wrong I refused my refund and left the store
Although it was only $14 I will not purchase from this BigW again as I feel upset ashamed after trying to return this item

Store LocationAtherton

wonderful staff

I would just like to say that on the 1/7/19 (Sunday) I was served firstly by a young man named Michael in the mobile phone section at Big W in the Bendigo Market Place, then when I returned by a young man named Ross, these two fellows were exceptional to me and very patient, I really appreciated their help, I just wanted to let you know how polite and lovely they are, I was going to get my phone at JB Hi Fi but their service was very poor and I didn't feel comfortable so thank you to your staff

Store LocationBig W Bendigo Market Place

The poorest organized online retailer

If I am able to select size, quantity and add to cart, the item should be available online for delivery. It wasn’t. If I was able to do the above and confirm payment, the item should be available and ready for delivery in due course. It’s not.

Don't show items as available when clearly they are not!

Piñata Stick

Very disappointed with the Piñata stick. Today my daughter was struck in the eye during a piñata game. I was disgusted to learn that underneath the colourful crape paper was a pvc pipe.

Store LocationWarnbro

Prices seem higher

I purchased a black and decker pet vacuum for $189 and it was $10 less at Bing Lee. That same week, I purchased three toy story figurines which was supposed to be on sale for $19 each and Myer is selling the same ones for $16 each. So I lost $19 from shopping at Big W. I thought Big W was supposed to be cheaper?

Store LocationGungahlin

If you want to experience bad customer service, come to this place

Price displayed on shelf was wrong. I mentioned it to the cashier, he didn't admit and offer an apology but instead he insisted that the item was misplaced by others. He didn't even say "thank you" once I paid for the product.

Store LocationBIG W QV

Great online but instore yeah nahh

Site is a bit slow at loading but once loaded it’s great to navigate, annoying when it says all my items are available and when I complete my purchase, a few hours later I get a text saying some of my items aren’t available and when I go in store to pick up they require ID (the only store that asks when I pick up) I mean I have my phone with reference number and my name and all they need to ask is what is in the order before releasing it, is that not enough? who would go in and collect other people’s orders with someone else’s phone in front of cameras?
It’s just not convenient as I am a regular customer and one time I went in to pick up and forgot my license, the lady asked if I had ID I said not on me at the moment is my phone not enough proof? she and her colleague were quite rude with a loud voice and said no you have to have your ID, I was shocked as they weren’t helpful or nice and said ok then left, went home got my license (30 minutes away) and came back and another lady that was on the counter and was really nice and didn’t even ask me for my ID and she used my phone as proof, arrghh why oh why do big w do this it’s not cool at all.

Quality of product is great no problems, just the crew instore just makes it difficult in the way they process.

Too expensive

Action sport 8 station swing set:
First of all the item is on pre order and can't be picked up then after paying $200 you need to pay $70 extra for shipping Way too expensive you can get cheaper in bunning or somewhere else with no shipping at all can pick up straight whenever you need.
And when I wanted to leave the review on their website they sent me the email stating that it can’t be published of course why would you publish something against you on your site.

Good job Big W

muskan,

Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines.

We want to publish your review, so please:
- Keep your review focused on the product.
- Avoid writing about customer service, contact us instead if you have issues requiring immediate attention.
- Refrain from mentioning competitors or the specific price you paid for the product.
- Do not include any personally identifiable information, such as full names.

Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!

Poor range of girls clothing

trying to buy clothes for girls sizes 8+ that are actually cute and age appropriate. None of the larger retail stores seem to realise their is such a huge market for this age group. You can go into the little kids section and their clothes are adorable you go into the tweens section and it’s just crap.

Good quality for good prices

Each time I go to bigw I walk away happy. I like their specials and find the products to be good quality and if there's an issue they're great with refunds. I do my big Christmas laybuy here as well and that's a pleasant experience each time too. I have bought online before and had no issues I got my packages on time undamaged.

Store LocationBooval shopping centre

I would give a zero if i could

I bought items from online. Only recieved one. The expenssive shoes i bought didnt arrive and they where shipped in same package. Customer service is a joke no one gets back to you. I will update if big w fix the problem for me. Not happy.

Do not waste your money!

DO NOT waste your money shopping with them online!!! I purchased $280 worth of goods and they said I ticked to leave goods at the front door, I got one $15 item delivered. I questioned what was happening as they emailed me saying my packages were broken up into 2 orders but then they said it was apparently done in 3. The dodgy delivery driver rocked up to my HOUSE unannounced saying he had photos and wouldn't show me them. So Toll finally sent them through and it didn't prove anything apart from Big W online is really unprofessional in helping you when dealing with issues and they don't actually help at all. Stick with Target online. They are a lot better and I've never had an issue with them! No wonder Big W stores are closing down...

Great prices.

Great prices for decent quality. Very friendly staff, great returns policy. Great range of kitchen appliances and Manchester. Electronic games, devices and DVD are very reasonably priced. Cheapest price on all board games

Store LocationEastgardens

Horrid customer service

Visited local store after checking if item I wanted was available via the website. Being unable to locate the item in the relative section I asked two floor staff if said item was available only to be directed back to the relative section with the comment "If we have it it's there", explained both times I couldn't locate it and was told "well then we don't stock it!"... what a waste of my time.

Store LocationBig W Aitkenvale

Rude big w manager ruined my sunday with the family

Recently on my first outting in a year my kids and i deceided to visit our local Big W store in Cockburn biggest mistake. [Name Removed] THE MANAGER WAS SO RUDE.

Store LocationBig W Cockburn Central
Sooo disappointed as my wkend was ruined due to a manager [Name Removed] shocking customer service. Big W should be ashamed at employing such nasty people.