Bigger Boyz Toyz 4 Stroke 5 in 1

Bigger Boyz Toyz 4 Stroke 5 in 1 Questions & Answers

8 questions from our users

Ross H.asked

have a bbt 5in 1 unit been in box for two years finally assembled it . correct fuel correct amount of four stroke oil it ran for approx 3 mins and stopped . got plenty of spark and getting fuel into the carby but will not start . any idea where i could look at

Marty.
Marty.

Throw it in the bin where it belongs and buy a quality product.

Bigger Boyz Toys
BBT S.Bigger Boyz Toys

Hello Ross, this is not very common with these multi tools, can i please have the model of the tool as these do come out in three different models.

bbt-36-mt

RJD

RJDasked

Hi, I purchased the 5 in 1 and have used it twice now. Once as a line trimmer and once as a hedger. The biggest problem I have is that once I have used approx. 1/4 of a tank of petrol (3/4 remaining) the engine keeps cutting out and I am constantly topping it back up. It doesn’t matter the orientation of the unit it just cuts out. Any ideas?

GEORGEasked

I have just purchased a bbt-att-bc btt brush cutter attachment , I fed the short pieces of line supplied, after a short use it spits out the lines , is there a special method to keeping the lines in? I didn't receive any instruction sheet with my purchase.

Bigger Boyz Toys
BBT S.Bigger Boyz Toys

Hello George,
Here is a link on how to load these lines. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_BcAJMkbGk&t=5s

GEORGE

Thanks, The picture when ordering, shows the lines hanging out the same distance from the head on both ends being equal, that is why it spat them out. I will load it, as per the video.

Paul

Paulasked

How can I start the engine?

David

Davidasked

About 5 years ago bought online the 5 in 1 pole saw and attachments. I just had to try all the attachments and in this time it has worked well. The majority of the time my son who is a motor mechanic is the person who has used it, mainly for trimming edges and the like He now has moved from Brisbane to Perth, so maintenance is now left to me. The problem is I cannot locate the 'spark plug'. In my Manual Multi-Tool BBt-4IN 1-10 on page GB-23 9.Maintenance it only mentions a fouled spark plug needs to be cleaned and the plug 'gap'. There is no access cover to directly access the plug through any of the external covers and nothing more in the manual. Can you point me in the right direction, for e.g. do I have to remove various parts like fuel tank, aircleaner cover etc. You are my only hope before my wife gets hold of it and if she fixes the problem, it's be the last thing I'll hear from her. Thanks.. David Brisbane Qld

Very Impressed

It's there on the front of the motor. It has a rubber cover over it that you remove to find the plug underneath. Should not be a problem

Oh Yeah

You cant see the spark plug because the end of the spark plug lead covers it.You just need to pull the rubber cap off from the spark plug and then you can unscrew the spark plug.

Kizza

Kizzaasked

The Line kept coming out of the head regardless of how I put it in, so I bought a ryobi auto feed head on bbt's suggestion (they didn't care that supplied head didn't work) and now I can't fit that head on. Any suggestions?

Very Impressed

sounds like you got a different head to the one I received which has four large toothed ends and I have not yet replaced them after all these years.

Mervyn Murray

Mervyn Murrayasked

Like the machine, but have trouble with the line out of the trimmer. Any suggestions about gauge etc

BBT S.
BBT S.

Go to you you tube and search BBT brush cutter and they have a video that is very handy on how to load it.

Oh Yeah

I tried some Wiltshire 5 point trimmer line in mine and it works better than the original line. it is 2.5mm diameter line.

Alan Upton

Alan Uptonasked

Where can replacement (Green Diamond Edge) Trimmer Lines for the BBT Brush Cutter Attachment be sourced ?

Robert368
Robert368

Hello Alan
you can buy the green cord from the bbt web site under BC consumables. you have to hover over the BC icon and the consumables icon will appear.
cheers.

Greg Simmo
Greg Simmo

I am a professional lawn mowing contractor and have purchased quite a bit of BBT gear over the past couple of years. I was buying replacement trimmer line for the large BBT 2 stroke brush cutter at first but found it too expensive ($1 a length) and time consuming to change out. I purchased a speed feed head online and have never looked back. You can buy these heads for around $40 - 50. You don't even need to stop the motor - just carry a length of line in your pocket and whack it in.

Craig
Craig

I bought a ryobi auto feed line trimmer head from bunnings , does a great job. It takes 6M of line and is easy to load just feed through and twist knob and the hrad winds the line itself , so know more line getting stuck in spool , lasts for ages , no stopping to load short pieces , and wasting the small bit each time . I also seen similar ones on E-bay , they fit any trimmer bent shaft and straight ..

Get an answer from our members and Bigger Boyz Toys representatives