Bing Lee Questions & Answers

32 questions from our users

Tiana T.

Tiana T.asked

Physical store

Have bought dryer in store &arranged for delivery &fiting today. Can i cancel &get refund before they arrive?

george murray
george murray

ring the store & ask

Ray

Rayasked

Bing Lee

Bing Lee sells demo or returned items but advertises as "new", is it a norm or individual shop's practice? It seems I am not the only victim in recent months.

fred f

So not a genuine question obviously

massimo p.

massimo p.asked

Online store

Where I can find the receipt number in my invoice?

fred f

Don’t you mean an invoice number ?

Susma

Susmaasked

Online store

I ordered a headphone from this company but did get any response about the purchase and delivery. Took my money very soon but didn't respond anything could I know when I receive my order. Any suggestions?

fred f

So you did get a response? What was it?

Alaka

Alakaasked

Bing Lee

Hello, I have bought some appliance from you few months ago. Money was been paid but haven't got delivery yes because my new house us not ready yet. Now I noticed the price of those items have droped down. So, is there there any chance of mine to get extra money back ?
Thanks .
Alaka

Milad
Milad

If prices increased are you willing to pay more?

chien

chienasked

Bing Lee

I am living at Bass Hill. I want to buy some memory stick pro for video camera recorder model dcr-trv 355e. Tell me where sale them? Thank.

Ring and ask

Chie

Chieasked

Bing Lee

Hi, I bought a Westinghouse washing machine 9 months ago and now it's not spinning anymore can I return it cause I know it was still covered by warranty but what if I can't find my receipt?

Davo M

Davo Masked

Bing Lee

How do I get the $150 cash back on the Westinghouse Fridge I purchased on 27/1/2018. It hasn't been credited to our account yet do I have to apply or is it automatic. Dave

Ava

Avaasked

Bing Lee

My husband purchased a Sharp air purifier KCA60JW half an hour before the store closed in Belconnen ACT yesterday. It was a floor stock which was the last one remaining, so he didn't have a choice and bought it. The sales person put it in a box and packed it up. Because the store would be close soon, my husband didn't check the product before taking it home. After getting home, we found there was a part of the machine missing, the stoppers. Also, after starting the machine, there was really stinky air coming out of it which made my baby son feel unwell. We are wondering if we can exchange for a new one? But as we got told, this floor stock was the last one remaining, so can you please tell us if we can get a refund or not?

Bing L.Bing Lee

Yes, it was unfortunate you'd run out of time, and the unit didn't measure up to expectation as the store staff would've been happy to run a floor stock air purifier for you in the store, to check it's quality. I can confirm it is one of the last remaining. I'm sure you'll get a refund if you return it in good condition. I'll let the staff know you're going to visit the Fyshwick Bing Lee store in the next few days.

NEW

NEWasked

Bing Lee

I have ordered for a polaroid tablet and paid for it online.iam eagerly waiting for the Tablet. When will it be delivered?

an ETA can be obtained from our website staff, please call 1300 980 399

Phill

Phillasked

Bing Lee

My mum bought a soundbar from Bing lee 2mths ago and now it is not working and it is not fulfilling their sound requirements either ( they are elderly and cannot hear the tv clearly enough ) i want to return it purchase a bose solo 5 which is designed for clarity of voices from another shop as they do not stock it. Can we get a refund? P.S. my family has purchased many items from them in the past could this be beneficial in this situation. Thanks. Phill.

Bing L.Bing Lee

If you've changed your mind regarding a purchase the best thing you can do is contact Bing Lee as soon as possible. If you have kept the box and all the accessories, and the goods are in excellent condition it helps. Most customers know immediately when something's not right for them. Two months is abnormally long. None-the-less I recommend you contact Bing Lee head office as each return is considered on it's own merit. You'll need to have proof of purchase. If you've lost your invoice we can help with that as well.

Marissa

Marissaasked

Bing Lee

My microwave is broken, it's not turning on and i just bought it about 3months ago and it has i think 1 year or 2 year warranty. Can i get it repaired?

Bing L.Bing Lee

Sure. Manufacturing faults will be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. There are only a few exceptions to this; for example insect infestation or physical damage. I recommend you take it to the nearest Bing Lee store. They'll confirm the fault, and then ship it to the repair agency free-of-charge. You will need to take a copy of your invoice with you. If you've lost the invoice, please call 02 9781 3000 or email customercare@binglee.com.au. We'll search for another copy.

mick

mickasked

Bing Lee

Hi Bing lee official, I bought a Everdure Gas heater for over $600 dollars in April l2017 4 months ago, will it be repaired or replaced?

Bing L.Bing Lee

you have a right to choose between repair or replacement if it is determined the fault is major. please refer to http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ftw/Consumers/Consumer_guarantees_warranties_and_refunds/Repairs_refunds_replacements.page? for a full explanation. I recommend you describe and discuss the fault with store staff first. They have some product training and knowledge of common faults. They can point to qualified repairers when technical expertise is required.

Dennis Ahn

Dennis Ahnasked

Bing Lee

Bought Delonghi dehumidifier less than 2 years from BingLee hornsby. When i tried to pull out the water tank to empty the water this weekend, the water tank got stuck and it does not come out. The question is, can I visit the BingLee hornsby store to re-print the invoice and will they send it back to the menufacturer?

Bing L.Bing Lee

Thankfully this seems like a minor fault and it might even be fixed in store if we're lucky.You will need a proof of purchase. The Hornsby store (Tel: 02 9781 3154) or myself, Nicolle (Tel: 02 9781 3000) can help with that. I've phoned Delonghi, 1800 126 659. Dehumidifiers have a 2 year manufacturer warranty. You are well within the period. Yes do take it to Hornsby store. They'll inspect and confirm a warrantable fault then send it to the repairer on your behalf (you do have the option of taking it there yourself if you find it easier).

Sonymomoasked

Bing Lee

Looking at buying one of the new Sony Smart Tvs 43" or larger. The warranty is only 12 months though. From what i read above about the "implied warranty " is longer. Does this mean i just bring it back to the store i bought it after say a year and a half or two years? how long is an implied warranty? i dont want to have to fork out for extended coverage if i dont have to as the tv is already gonna be over 1200 bucks or more.

Sad Sam
Sad Sam

Sorry, I do not know anything about 'implied warranties', best you Google this as there is quite a lot of information out there, for example -
How long is an implied warranty good for?
In most states, an implied warranty lasts for four years. In a few states, however, the implied warranty lasts only as long as any express warranty that comes with a product.

Sonymomo

Sorry, I meant the Australian Consumer Law, ACL, guarantees. they refer to reasonable time or expectations. seems to be about 5 years but its hard to figure out as they just use examples. the extended warranties last 5 years but they cost heaps, don't want to pay for something that's free!

Bing L.Bing Lee

Implied warranty is simply a fancy way of saying you can conceive of warranties that could exceed the written warranty given by the manufacturer; see ..
to expand your concept of your rights as a consumer.
If you think you haven't received good value, always approach the retailer first, state your case clearly and spell out what you think is fair.

Ben

Benasked

Bing Lee

Hi I brought a TV from your store 18 months ago. I cant find my receipt. Do you guys keep a record of this and can I get a copy?

Brian Reid
Brian Reid

check your bank records and present that info to them. they will be able to backtrack the transaction.

Bing L.Bing Lee

Yes, Ben we keep records for a while. Call Bing Lee head office on 02 9781 3000, ask for Nicolle, and I'll not only look for your receipt, but talk with you about your rights to repair if the product is faulty.

Julius C
Julius C

They don't care about the customers as long they get
money. The manager doesn't do anything, only one I believe "KARMA" is like a Menu. They serve what you
deserve. Good Luck to Bing Lee especially this coming
2017.

Smh.nnasked

Bing Lee

If i put something on layby and after a while the price dropped down. Can i buy it with the special price or i still have to pay the price in full since it's on layby?

Good Afternoon

In answer to your question Bing Lee does not offer a Lay-by facility- Louise

Smh.nn

I bought something today and i paid 20% and put it on layby!!!

mike

mikeasked

Bing Lee

How good is their product and service?

gerberry

Products I've bought from them have been good. One of the 1st I bought my glass cook top now 10 yrs old is going well. I haven't had to get any service. All products were covered by manufacturers warranty which I have never had to use. It does pay to buy good quality products and if you can afford it, maybe take out extra warranty. Though remember if a product goes out of warranty and then stops working. Contact Fair Trading as there is also 'implied warrantry' that is that the product should have worked more than the one year. Remember the products are not theirs, they do not make anything, they sell the goods. You dont find any products with Bing Lee's name on it. They sell the products, though if a product does go wrong in the 1st year, you take it back to Bing Lee and by law they have to offer you, repair, replace or refund - the three 'R's'. This applies whether it is Bing Lee, Harvey Norman, K Mary, Big W. This law applies to anything you buy. Always remember this. Hope this helps you.n

Janet

Janetasked

Bing Lee

What is the warranty period on a LCD tv if I did not purchase an extended warranty is it 12 months?

Bing L.Bing Lee

Manufacturer's warranties vary across brands and models. It can be anywhere from 12 to 36 months. Documentation of the warranty is often in the box. If you cannot locate it, please contact customercare@binglee.com.au and I'd be happy to ask the manufacturer on your behalf.

gerberry

Here again, the "implied warranty" comes into play. Contact Dept of Fair Trading and they will fill you in. In buying this TV you would have expected that it would have lasted more than 12months and so do Fair Trading. Give them a ring also and find out your rights. Over the years Governments have legislated for this type of problem.
Also if you cant find your receipt, go back to the store, give your name and approx date/month of purchase. With computerization now a days, stores can go back quite quickly and find the documentation.
Pays to keep these sort of things, one way if you have a printer/scanner - scan the receipt into your computer and have a file called Warranties put everything in there with date of purchase and what the product is.
Also copy the receipt and put in an envelope and put it even if nothing else one of those zip lock bags in a safe place.

Steven Luu

Steven Luuasked

Bing Lee

Bought a camera from Bing Lee but Harvey Norman has it for $50 cheaper, can I get the difference back? Only been 1 day.

Bing L.Bing Lee

Hi, Thank you for contacting us. Please phone 1300 980 399 and speak with our websales team. They will be able to assist you. Thanks- Bing Lee Customer Care

Get an answer from our members and Bing Lee representatives