Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil

1.3

THTmSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not a gel at all

Purchased the bio oil gel. It is just the oil in a jar no gel consistency AT ALL. Waste of money. Not A soothing Product at all. Not suited for sensitive skin either

Purchased in August 2020 at Priceline for A$12.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Skin TypeSensitive Skin
f.c.w

f.c.wGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I got rashes, allergy and eczema

I am 15 weeks pregnant and i used this bio oil for a week I then got rashs breaks out. the rashes covered all the skin where i applied the bio oil. Now my whole upper front body are covered with rash. I have to take medicine n cream to calm my skin.

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for A$20.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Gemma E.

Gemma E.South East Queensland, QLD

if i could give no stars i would

within a hour of putting the bio oil gel for face!!! on my face i had a horrible reaction i now have sore skin around my eyes and cheeks, it says its safe for your face but i've read a lot of reviews saying the ingredients is bad for your face especially if you have sensitive skin and it was dry skin not open wounds or scars so for it to react this badly! I only had it on for an hour and my face felt hot and itchy i took it off and applied a cold compress but it stayed raised for days on day 3 now. not happy. i've taken piritol just in case its a allergy but my skin is still sore and hot to the touch.
will not be purchasing again.

Purchased in March 2020 at boots for A$6.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Skin TypeSensitive Skin
Serums & Oils

Find out how Bio-Oil compares to other Serums & Oils

Bio-oil Rash

I started using Bio-oil, to help with surgical scars, about 3 weeks ago. Woke up this morning with large, itchy hives. Do not use if you have sensitive skin, or are prone to allergies.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$24.00.

Skin TypeDry Skin

If you're skin is SENSITIVE & dry, dont use this!!!

2 days after using bio oil on my face I woke up to my face being red, swollen & burnt from the middle of my nose down. I had lumps on each side of my nose from the crease onto my cheek. It hurt so bad even applying a warm or cool cloth hurt. I applied moisturizer as much as possible all day for day 3 & on day 4 my skin looked like a snake does when shedding their skin!! Big patches were peeling off my face!! I'm on day 7 now & the peeling is almost gone but it's still sore. There are A LOT of chemicals in this stuff that cause damage. I have really dry skin & was looking for a solution. Bio oil made it so much worse. Be careful.

Purchased in December 2019 at Amazon for A$9.99.

Gemma

GemmaPerth

Bio oil dry skin gel

This review is for the bio oil dry skin gel only. I am in my 30s and have always had very dry skin (never been prone to pimples, even in teenage years). I used this product to alleviate dry skin and it has clogged my pores and resulted in blind pimples forming. May continue to use on arms etc but do not use on face!! Disappointing as it was promoted as safe for use on face

Sarah Dean

Sarah DeanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointed

I had dermatitis within a few days of using the product. This is disappointing give its reputation. The product does state it is good for all skin types, which is not the case, should have had a better outcome given there are cheaper products in the market.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$30.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Ayla

AylaPerth, WA

Not my cup of tea.

My sister and I both tried it, she breaks out often and I rarely get pimples unless I'm menstruating although I have some scars if like to get rid of. One week into this and I was getting spots all over my face, another week in and it became pimples all over instead and my sisters acne has become worse thus far, after switching back to our old skin care routine the breakouts seemed to stop for both of us. Im really disappointed in this product, it doesn't live up to its good reviews, I dont recommend it.

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$11.99.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes