2Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil

2Bio-Oil
3.6

61%13%26%
Brand Manager for Bio-Oil? Claim your listing.

Gemma
GemmaPerth3 posts

Bio oil dry skin gel

This review is for the bio oil dry skin gel only. I am in my 30s and have always had very dry skin (never been prone to pimples, even in teenage years). I used this product to alleviate dry skin and it has clogged my pores and resulted in blind pimples forming. May continue to use on arms etc but do not use on face!! Disappointing as it was promoted as safe for use on face Show details
Country Girl
Country GirlVictoria25 posts

Too greasy

I didn't like this product. It's very greasy and you need a lot of it so it works out expensive. Neo strata is a much better product. I wasted my money. Show details
Ease of Application
Smell
clarity
clarityGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC23 posts

Don’t expect miracles

Did nothing to improve my stretch marks or scars but it did leave my skin soft and it has a nice fragrance. I personally find it too oily so I now use it the day after waxing or shaving for a longer smooth feeling. Show details
Ease of Application
Smell
SuperMonkey
SuperMonkeyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC27 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified

Great result for only consistent and regular usage

I bought a 125 ml bottle and have been using this oil twice a day from top to toe (on my face, too). After regular using for 24 days in a row, I haven't seen any change of my little scars yet, but I definitely can see the improvement of my skin tone. Skin in winter time was so dry, flaky and itchy last year. This year my skin is softer and looks much healthier. I don't have any breakout on my facial skin after using this oil. It looks much more even and slightly radiant. I don't have any allergic reaction even though I have a sensitive skin.

Pricewise this oil would hurt your wallet a bit but for the quality I absolutely love the results. Show details

Ease of Application
Smell
Jess
Jess8 posts

Great for scars and stretchmarks

Fairly expensive but lasts ages, product left a small amount of oily residue but completely worth it when you look at the benefits. Love the smell and can see it working on small scars and stretchmarks within six weeks. (with everyday use) Show details
Ease of Application
Smell
Sarah Dean
Sarah DeanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Disappointed

I had dermatitis within a few days of using the product. This is disappointing give its reputation. The product does state it is good for all skin types, which is not the case, should have had a better outcome given there are cheaper products in the market. Show details
Ease of Application
Smell
Ayla
AylaPerth, WA

Not my cup of tea

My sister and I both tried it, she breaks out often and I rarely get pimples unless I'm menstruating although I have some scars if like to get rid of. One week into this and I was getting spots all over my face, another week in and it became pimples all over instead and my sisters acne has become worse thus far, after switching back to our old skin care routine the breakouts seemed to stop for both of us. Im really disappointed in this product, it doesn't live up to its good reviews, I dont recommend it. Show details
Ease of Application
Smell
bubblebee_123
bubblebee_123Perth, WA4 posts

I like it!

Feels nice on the skin. I really like it for after the shower. Great for winter to rehydrate the skin too. Good price point and easy to find a stockist. Show details
Luu.roo
Luu.rooPerth, WA2 posts

Great results on dull skin

I have been using bio oil 2 times a day for tree

Month now and I see major improvements on my skin. I have a lot of pigmentation on my face and also very dry skin. I dont know if I can say de pigmentation is gone but my face looks soo much better!! In general. And befor this I had tried very expensive products and non had worked! So I’m more tha pleased!

Sophie
SophieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sandra B
Sandra BAU6 posts

Bio oil help

This works on new sutures or scars. Use a small amount to make sure you don't get a rash. I use on my skin and its sensitive. Totally recommend this awesome bio oil. Doesn't clog pores. Very light weight. Not real expensive. Buy the original bio oil. Love it. Awesome oil to fade scars or stretch marks.

Kb1
Kb1

Doesn't work like the ads say

You need to show women and men (Priceline Ad) with stretch marks, before and after, not women with perfect flat smooth stomachs. Your own site says bio oil will never remove them, why show something that cannot be achieved by using your product. More transparent advertising is definitely needed here

jord
jordHunter Region, NSW28 posts

Perfect!

Have used bio oil for many years now, great forbest skin. It was always recommended by my tattooist to use bio-oil, it actually heaps with healing and gives the ink a better chance of sinking in nicely...I now rub bio-oil into my tattoos and they look awesome and bright. I had some horrible scars on my arms, used this stuff for years, didn’t totally make them go away but took the redness from them. Great product, you only need small amounts so the bottles last long time.

Potjing
PotjingSydney, NSW6 posts

Bio-oil perfect from head to toe

I’m undergoing chemo and need to take extra care of my skin. Since I have incorporated this in my daily routine, I see and feel noticeable improvement with the elasticity and clarity of my skin. I don’t think I’ll return to just moisturiser when I can use this all on its own. Of course, don’t forget your sunscreen if you’re going out in the sun.

Vinny
Vinny2 posts

10/10 for uneven skin tone

Very happy with the product..I've used it for a few weeks now... I apply it twice a day to help with hyper pigmentation on my chin and already a huge noticeable difference, it's lightened the area. I can't believe I didn't try it sooner... I recommend it for sure its worth trying..

Elisha
ElishaCwmbran

This is perfect!!!

Absolutely amazing! Been using it only a few weeks and the scars I have on my arm have faded so well, considering they are old scars.will of course continue using.Would definitely recommend 10/10. massaging it in thoroughly helps to speed up the process. Adding moisturiser after also helps for sure.

apple
appletumut11 posts

Not a good product

Purchased Bio -oil for post.op scars on my stomach.

Have been using it for four months and have seen absolutely no benefit or change.

I used it on the back of my hands for the same amount of time and it made my skin go scaley and horrible and itch. ..

Wouldnt recommend this product at all.q

Happy customer
Happy customerCraigieburn14 posts

Perfect for stretch marks

I am Using the bio oil from 6 years. It helps to reduce stretch marks and dry skin. After using oil it feels like baby skin. It also helps to reduce the appearance of redness and raised bits of my scars as well. really recommended for new mums.

Rom
RomGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts

Disappointed with the product

I have been using Bio Oil for the last 2 years on a my knee I had an operation a total knee replacement I use it twice a day my surgery mark has still not faded away. Absolutely waste of money no change hasn't helped at all won't be purchasing bio oil again too expensive and doesn't do the job, stop advertising on TV.

Megan
MeganSydney4 posts

Works really well for nail care

I put this on my nail beds and it fixes any dryness or cracking within a few days. Of the cuticle care products I've tried, it's the quickest. Because the oil doesn't absorb quickly, it's also good as a moisturizer "guard" (e.g. to put on lips if you're out in the wind). It's expensive but I buy the smallest bottles and they last about a year.

Van
VanSydney5 posts

Dry skin

Been using oil on face .... dry skin

Absolutely no change hasn’t helped at all won’t purchase again

I’ve said what I had to say , Will not purchase bio oil again !

Equip17
Equip17Perth5 posts

Over rated

Have been using a bottle of Bio-oil for 2 years off and on and have found it lacking in moisturising or hydrating my skin or fade spots. There is also no ingredients listed on the bottle and because it is an oil it just coats the skin and doesn't seem to be absorbed into the skin at all. I have also found when searching for the ingredients on this product the following link if anyone is interested. I would definitely not be buying this product again.

Zelda
ZeldaLogan City

Itchy useless oil

When I first used the product I really enjoyed the scent and how easily it absorbed into my skin, however, after about two weeks use I started getting extremely irritated on my stomach and had to stop use. I'm quite annoyed because I'm left with an unusable product that was meant to be used for the rest of my pregnancy. I bought 200ml thinking I'd got a good deal and have used only 20ml.

Ragi
RagiAdelaide9 posts

Good stuff, works well

Excellent stuff. Worked really well for my scars after surgery. I still use it to this day when the weather gets cold and my skin dries out. It helps to reduce irritation and itching while repairing the scar tissue. Helped reduce the redness and raised bits of my scars as well, defiantly would recommend. Only drawback is it can stain clothing so I put it on at night before bed.

Helga
HelgaCanberra4 posts

Doesn't deserve the marketing hype

An expensive product that is comprised primarily of mineral oil. Like baby oil it does not soak into the skin and leaves your skin greasy.. Has done nothing to improve scar appearance above what normal healing would. All scientific indicates there is nothing that can heal stretch mark and they will fade naturally. Don't waste your money like I did for my daughter who was taken in by the marketing.

chuckles
chucklesSydney2 posts

Flaky skin

I bought two bottles of Bio-Oil to use on my ageing skin. My skin is very dry and I thought the oil would rectify this problem, instead of which it made my skin flake to a degree that I had to wear long sleeves whenever I went out. The oil was advertised at a good price so I bought two bottles and now I'm left with an unusable product. Very disappointed.

Sarah
Sarah2 posts

Worked, but can take over a month to actually do anything

I have a number of scars ive used this on. It works well on evening the skin tone over a month of so but leaves everything very greasy. The bottle that it comes in is also hellish to put the lid on when you have the oil on your hands. I just wish they had a faster acting product.

Jane
JaneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC8 posts

Gave me an itchy rash

Tried this for stretch mark prevention at 12 weeks pregnant. My first impression was that it smelled really weird and felt gritty between my fingers. Woke up with an intensely itchy red rash the next morning exactly where it was applied. Some women swear by this product but it’s not for me. Have since switched to Palmers stretch mark massage cream which is fabulous.

Mick
Mick

Scarring from work accident

I had an accident at work that need stitches , i didn't want a horrible scar so everyone told to use Bio Oil and i did i and now i have a big fat ugly scar ,the product is rubbish i dont recommend it for that, it also is very greasy and constantly leaks from bottle.

lm3
lm3

to my skin it was useless

Bio-oil did nothing for me a waste of money. I stated putting it on the burn mark from oven cleaner as soon as I got the burn. did not help at all now I have a black scar on my arm. so I do not tell any one I know to use this product

phoenixd
phoenixdMetropolitan Adelaide, SA260 posts

Tile
TileCentral West133 posts

Alice H
Alice H2 posts

Great product

Have been using this for years, however the design of the bottle makes it leak from sides constantly. I use it as a daily moisturiser although haven't seen any tremendous results with stretch marks but it smells like baby powder which is quite pleasant - i would reccomend a try, no harm!

Tracey
TraceyTannum Sands2 posts

Excellent product!

Great product that helps relieve scars. This product when applied daily can give fantastic results. My daughter has been using it for a month now and she has had great results. I was a little sceptical at first but now see the benefits. It doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy either.

Cleo
CleoBelconnen 2615, ACT3 posts

No improvement

It’s good for dry skin as well as any oil even just a normal oil you just use to fry your chips. It’s not worth to buy this expensive product and not giving you any result. Tried more than 5 bottles. Very upset. I could’ve just cheaper oil or just simple as almond oil or coconut oil.

Amanda P
Amanda PAU6 posts

Didn’t see results

I didn’t see any visible results from this product on any stretch marks or scars.

However, as it is an oil, it is extremely moisturising and is good for dry skin.

It tends to leak a bit from the bottle and the packaging is a bit flimsy.

Overall, would only use to treat dry skin

Adrienne Laine
Adrienne LaineWestern Australia7 posts

Doesnt help with scar

This doesnt help much with scars which i thought it would be effective on. I use it as make up remover instead and it was great. It is the first that I use before having shower at the end of the day. Price is alright as you can is it for a while.

Holly
HollyQld2 posts

Never gotten results

I've tried using this product many times before but never got any results. I tried using it to get rid of my stretch marks but didn't help at all! The bottle also leaks and leaves oil on your hand when you pick the bottle up. Therefore I wouldn't recommend Bio-Oil

Aleshia.M
Aleshia.M

Terrible!!!

The first time I used bio oil was when I was 13 and I used it for this dry patchy skin that was from over popping and this area is very very small and yeah it cleared away the patch but it was still dry. And now years later I bought it again cause hey maybe it might work better with me being older. Well since it claimed to be for dehydrated and uneven skin tone I applied it to the affected area and I did this for 6 weeks instead of getting better it made it even more dry and cause my skin to become flakey . This was just a waste of money and time and I'm honestly so disappointed.

Lexy B
Lexy BLancashire

Unsecure Packaging

The packaging is not secure enough! The plastic doesn't come with a seal neither does the pack come wrapped in a sealed nylon like perfumes. This could encourage people to mix different oils and take from the bio-oil before selling. For the price of the product and the reputation of the brand, alot of consideration should be put into the packaging and bottling.