Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil (page 2 of 13)

See the Best Serums & Oils in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Happy customer

Happy customerCraigieburn

Perfect for stretch marks.

I am Using the bio oil from 6 years. It helps to reduce stretch marks and dry skin. After using oil it feels like baby skin. It also helps to reduce the appearance of redness and raised bits of my scars as well. really recommended for new mums.

Rom

RomOakleigh

Disappointed with the product

I have been using Bio Oil for the last 2 years on a my knee I had an operation a total knee replacement I use it twice a day my surgery mark has still not faded away. Absolutely waste of money no change hasn't helped at all won't be purchasing bio oil again too expensive and doesn't do the job, stop advertising on TV.

Megan

MeganSydney

Works really well for nail care

I put this on my nail beds and it fixes any dryness or cracking within a few days. Of the cuticle care products I've tried, it's the quickest. Because the oil doesn't absorb quickly, it's also good as a moisturizer "guard" (e.g. to put on lips if you're out in the wind). It's expensive but I buy the smallest bottles and they last about a year.

Van

VanSydney

Dry skin

Been using oil on face .... dry skin
Absolutely no change hasn’t helped at all won’t purchase again
I’ve said what I had to say , Will not purchase bio oil again !

Equip17

Equip17Perth

Over rated

Have been using a bottle of Bio-oil for 2 years off and on and have found it lacking in moisturising or hydrating my skin or fade spots. There is also no ingredients listed on the bottle and because it is an oil it just coats the skin and doesn't seem to be absorbed into the skin at all. I have also found when searching for the ingredients on this product the following link if anyone is interested. I would definitely not be buying this product again.

Zelda

ZeldaLogan City

Itchy useless oil

When I first used the product I really enjoyed the scent and how easily it absorbed into my skin, however, after about two weeks use I started getting extremely irritated on my stomach and had to stop use. I'm quite annoyed because I'm left with an unusable product that was meant to be used for the rest of my pregnancy. I bought 200ml thinking I'd got a good deal and have used only 20ml.

Ragi

RagiAdelaide

Good stuff, works well

Excellent stuff. Worked really well for my scars after surgery. I still use it to this day when the weather gets cold and my skin dries out. It helps to reduce irritation and itching while repairing the scar tissue. Helped reduce the redness and raised bits of my scars as well, defiantly would recommend. Only drawback is it can stain clothing so I put it on at night before bed.

Helga

HelgaCanberra

Doesn't deserve the marketing hype

An expensive product that is comprised primarily of mineral oil. Like baby oil it does not soak into the skin and leaves your skin greasy.. Has done nothing to improve scar appearance above what normal healing would. All scientific indicates there is nothing that can heal stretch mark and they will fade naturally. Don't waste your money like I did for my daughter who was taken in by the marketing.

chuckles

chucklesSydney

Flaky skin

I bought two bottles of Bio-Oil to use on my ageing skin. My skin is very dry and I thought the oil would rectify this problem, instead of which it made my skin flake to a degree that I had to wear long sleeves whenever I went out. The oil was advertised at a good price so I bought two bottles and now I'm left with an unusable product. Very disappointed.

Sarah

Sarah

Worked, but can take over a month to actually do anything

I have a number of scars ive used this on. It works well on evening the skin tone over a month of so but leaves everything very greasy. The bottle that it comes in is also hellish to put the lid on when you have the oil on your hands. I just wish they had a faster acting product.

Jane

JaneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Gave me an itchy rash

Tried this for stretch mark prevention at 12 weeks pregnant. My first impression was that it smelled really weird and felt gritty between my fingers. Woke up with an intensely itchy red rash the next morning exactly where it was applied. Some women swear by this product but it’s not for me. Have since switched to Palmers stretch mark massage cream which is fabulous.

Scarring from work accident

I had an accident at work that need stitches , i didn't want a horrible scar so everyone told to use Bio Oil and i did i and now i have a big fat ugly scar ,the product is rubbish i dont recommend it for that, it also is very greasy and constantly leaks from bottle.

to my skin it was useless

Bio-oil did nothing for me a waste of money. I stated putting it on the burn mark from oven cleaner as soon as I got the burn. did not help at all now I have a black scar on my arm. so I do not tell any one I know to use this product

phoenixd

Can Clog Pores

Alice H

Alice H

Great product

Have been using this for years, however the design of the bottle makes it leak from sides constantly. I use it as a daily moisturiser although haven't seen any tremendous results with stretch marks but it smells like baby powder which is quite pleasant - i would reccomend a try, no harm!

TraceyTannum Sands

Excellent product!

Great product that helps relieve scars. This product when applied daily can give fantastic results. My daughter has been using it for a month now and she has had great results. I was a little sceptical at first but now see the benefits. It doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy either.

Cleo

CleoCanberra

No improvement

It’s good for dry skin as well as any oil even just a normal oil you just use to fry your chips. It’s not worth to buy this expensive product and not giving you any result. Tried more than 5 bottles. Very upset. I could’ve just cheaper oil or just simple as almond oil or coconut oil.

Amanda P

Amanda PAU

Didn’t see results

I didn’t see any visible results from this product on any stretch marks or scars.
However, as it is an oil, it is extremely moisturising and is good for dry skin.
It tends to leak a bit from the bottle and the packaging is a bit flimsy.
Overall, would only use to treat dry skin

Adrienne Laine

Adrienne LaineWestern Australia

Doesnt help with scar

This doesnt help much with scars which i thought it would be effective on. I use it as make up remover instead and it was great. It is the first that I use before having shower at the end of the day. Price is alright as you can is it for a while.

Clive M.

Clive M.asked

Can you mix bio oil with Caro white?

CyberKingKong
CyberKingKong

Hi Clive, I don't mix bio-oil with anything. I simply apply bio-oil in the morning and before bed. I do believe that Caro White is kind of bleach or skin lightening lotion. I suggested that if you are expecting only smooth skin, healthy skin tone and less scar, bio-oil is perfect for it. Please keep applying regularly particularly on the drying spots (elbows and knees)

Shaan A.

Shaan A.asked

I have been using this oil for two months this oil does nothing at all totally a waste of money, ZERO results. I don't recommend to use it.

Traceyasked

I had an abdominal hysterectomy 12 days ago is it safe to rub bio oil on my healing scar

Vanessa

Wait 12 mths. That scar is tender and needs to heal. Tracy u know what makes me angry. Everything is such a rush with women. After I had my son I stayed obese for 2 years. No rushing to the gym. I always advocate to women to love the skin they are in

Ok

Vanessa

Thankyou 4 saying ok . Women and people behind them usually BAIT me . U know try and get a reaction from me . Ive now learnt in life only advise people who want your help . 4 the others keep my mouth shut. I hope your healing is quick and pain free . God Bless

CategoryPregnancy & Postnatal Skin Care and Serums & Oils