Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil (page 3 of 14)

Zelda

ZeldaLogan City

Itchy useless oil

When I first used the product I really enjoyed the scent and how easily it absorbed into my skin, however, after about two weeks use I started getting extremely irritated on my stomach and had to stop use. I'm quite annoyed because I'm left with an unusable product that was meant to be used for the rest of my pregnancy. I bought 200ml thinking I'd got a good deal and have used only 20ml.

Ragi

RagiAdelaide

Good stuff, works well

Excellent stuff. Worked really well for my scars after surgery. I still use it to this day when the weather gets cold and my skin dries out. It helps to reduce irritation and itching while repairing the scar tissue. Helped reduce the redness and raised bits of my scars as well, defiantly would recommend. Only drawback is it can stain clothing so I put it on at night before bed.

Helga

HelgaCanberra

Doesn't deserve the marketing hype

An expensive product that is comprised primarily of mineral oil. Like baby oil it does not soak into the skin and leaves your skin greasy.. Has done nothing to improve scar appearance above what normal healing would. All scientific indicates there is nothing that can heal stretch mark and they will fade naturally. Don't waste your money like I did for my daughter who was taken in by the marketing.

chuckles

chucklesSydney

Flaky skin

I bought two bottles of Bio-Oil to use on my ageing skin. My skin is very dry and I thought the oil would rectify this problem, instead of which it made my skin flake to a degree that I had to wear long sleeves whenever I went out. The oil was advertised at a good price so I bought two bottles and now I'm left with an unusable product. Very disappointed.

Sarah

Sarah

Worked, but can take over a month to actually do anything

I have a number of scars ive used this on. It works well on evening the skin tone over a month of so but leaves everything very greasy. The bottle that it comes in is also hellish to put the lid on when you have the oil on your hands. I just wish they had a faster acting product.

Jane

JaneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Gave me an itchy rash

Tried this for stretch mark prevention at 12 weeks pregnant. My first impression was that it smelled really weird and felt gritty between my fingers. Woke up with an intensely itchy red rash the next morning exactly where it was applied. Some women swear by this product but it’s not for me. Have since switched to Palmers stretch mark massage cream which is fabulous.

Scarring from work accident

I had an accident at work that need stitches , i didn't want a horrible scar so everyone told to use Bio Oil and i did i and now i have a big fat ugly scar ,the product is rubbish i dont recommend it for that, it also is very greasy and constantly leaks from bottle.

to my skin it was useless

Bio-oil did nothing for me a waste of money. I stated putting it on the burn mark from oven cleaner as soon as I got the burn. did not help at all now I have a black scar on my arm. so I do not tell any one I know to use this product

phoenixd

Can Clog Pores

Alice H

Alice H

Great product

Have been using this for years, however the design of the bottle makes it leak from sides constantly. I use it as a daily moisturiser although haven't seen any tremendous results with stretch marks but it smells like baby powder which is quite pleasant - i would reccomend a try, no harm!

Tracey

TraceyTannum Sands

Excellent product!

Great product that helps relieve scars. This product when applied daily can give fantastic results. My daughter has been using it for a month now and she has had great results. I was a little sceptical at first but now see the benefits. It doesn’t leave your skin feeling greasy either.

Cleo

CleoCanberra

No improvement

It’s good for dry skin as well as any oil even just a normal oil you just use to fry your chips. It’s not worth to buy this expensive product and not giving you any result. Tried more than 5 bottles. Very upset. I could’ve just cheaper oil or just simple as almond oil or coconut oil.

Amanda P

Amanda PAU

Didn’t see results

I didn’t see any visible results from this product on any stretch marks or scars.
However, as it is an oil, it is extremely moisturising and is good for dry skin.
It tends to leak a bit from the bottle and the packaging is a bit flimsy.
Overall, would only use to treat dry skin

Adrienne Laine

Adrienne LaineWestern Australia

Doesnt help with scar

This doesnt help much with scars which i thought it would be effective on. I use it as make up remover instead and it was great. It is the first that I use before having shower at the end of the day. Price is alright as you can is it for a while.

Holly

HollyQld

Never gotten results

I've tried using this product many times before but never got any results. I tried using it to get rid of my stretch marks but didn't help at all! The bottle also leaks and leaves oil on your hand when you pick the bottle up. Therefore I wouldn't recommend Bio-Oil

Terrible!!!

The first time I used bio oil was when I was 13 and I used it for this dry patchy skin that was from over popping and this area is very very small and yeah it cleared away the patch but it was still dry. And now years later I bought it again cause hey maybe it might work better with me being older. Well since it claimed to be for dehydrated and uneven skin tone I applied it to the affected area and I did this for 6 weeks instead of getting better it made it even more dry and cause my skin to become flakey . This was just a waste of money and time and I'm honestly so disappointed.

Lexy B

Lexy BLancashire

Unsecure Packaging

The packaging is not secure enough! The plastic doesn't come with a seal neither does the pack come wrapped in a sealed nylon like perfumes. This could encourage people to mix different oils and take from the bio-oil before selling. For the price of the product and the reputation of the brand, alot of consideration should be put into the packaging and bottling.

Brilliant product for younger looking skin

it is great I use it on m y face , neck and hands and I can see the improvement of my skin and younger looking skin I can not live without it great product it really helps and now I got it at work at home and at my partners place great great

Namita

NamitaVIC, 3021

It's a blessing

I have been using bio oil since 2 years now. I never encounter any side effects or any other problem with this product. I am very satisfied and a proud customer of bio oil. I can never imagine winters with out it. It is very soothing on skin, it also nourishes and hydrated well.