Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil (page 4 of 13)

See the Best Serums & Oils in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Amazing product

I swear by this stuff, works every time. I suffer from acne and dry skin. When I get hormonal breakouts that start crusting, I put bio oil and within a day, the zit is gone. I use it every night along with my usual skin care routine, and my skin has never been smoother! It not only smells good, but doesn't irritate my skin at all. I also work at a veterinary clinic so sometimes I get some crazy scratches on my arms and chest, but that's nothing a little bio oil can't fix.

acmesounds

acmesoundsVictoria

Breaks out my skin and ingredients are scary!

I purchased Bi-Oil to hopefully reduce some sun spots on my face. Whenever I dab a drop on the affected spot, I break out in a pimple! So I went on the internet to read if bio-oil can result in breakouts and came across my beloved Product Review where I learnt some of the ingredients are quite harmful. I wish I had read Product Review prior to my purchase as I will throw this product out. I would not even pass this on to someone else. Please read the following article - very informative as to the ingredients indeed. [link removed]

Teresa

TeresaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money - no difference after 8 weeks

Very disappointing really. I have very dry skin on hands and sun spots on my forearms, plus some uneven skin tone on my face and neck. I was therefore very excited about the claims for this product. I have been diligently applying at least twice a day for approx 8 weeks now with absolutely no difference. Rather a waste of money and I am a little concerned about some comments on this site regarding the ingredients. I don't think I will bother continuing with this product.

beverley

beverley

Petro chemical Industry does it again

Have been using it for about two weeks, I think the skin massage when you apply it is the only benefit. Just discovered it is Mineral Oil so I will throw it out. I have been avoiding anything from the petro chemical industry which includes all the synthetic "perfum" and "fragrance" ingredients which are from the same industry and seem to be in everything.

Pisces

Pisces

Pleasantly surprised.

I had a fall 7 months ago and badly grazed my leg,Doctor said a my age (74)the skin could take 12 moths to heal,I read about Bio Oil and thought I had nothing to lose,I have been using it for 8 weeks and he scarred skin has reduced from nearly 6cm.to around 4cm.,I am truly amazed,hopefully by Shorts time it will be all gone.

Eve

Eve

Does not work for stretch marks

I used it on my thighs and it made my skin more soft with wider stretch marks. It did not strengthen skin and remove stretch marks. I regret buying this product. It uses relaxant agents which are not suitable for tightening of the skin. Do not recommend this product and don't know how it works for others, maybe they are using it for different areas of the skin which is more susceptible.

Andrea N

Andrea NFayetteville

Bio oil is great for fair, dry, sensitive skin

I've used coconut oil on my face for a long time, it has its pros and cons.

I gave Bio Oil and try and I'm honestly surprised! I have Super dry, fair, sensitive skin. Just about every thing breaks me out causing a chemical burn or dries my face out more. Bio oil didn't. It smells wonderful, it's not too greasy and it's absorbent. I've been using it every morning and night for a month now and my skin already looks and feels better. It has even evened out my blemishes and scars in this time.

toldyaso

toldyaso

Excellent product

I used this on facial scars and arms. Works an absolute treat. It is not an overnight cure for those who downramp this product, it takes time and constant use, but let me assure you it does work.

For those worried Bout the chemical that may harm your baby. Well i guess you also dont buy 99% of the goods at supermarkets ether as their mostly processed with chemicals!!

To the stretch mark comments... You gotta stop growing before you use this product. Think about it?!!! Its not going to stop stretch marks from occuring if your still stretching your skin. Its a repairer not a preventative.

Strongly recommend you buy this product to help blend in scars to your natural skin colour and texture.

Beccy

BeccySouth Australia, 5238

Bio oil is not the best

Bio oil is not as good as some people are saying. It doesn't get rid of scars or reduce the appearance much at all & the same for scars. When I was pregnant with my daughter in 2005 I used bio oil every day twice a day sometimes 3. But I came up with the worst stretch marks ever. I would (and a lot of other people) like to see a new good product that actually almost prevents scars & stretch marks. I'm not saying to the point of not getting scars or stretch marks fully by using a product but something that actually works at least 70%. That would be so excellent.

Biscuit Lady

Biscuit LadyPerth

Helped fade my scars

This oil has really helped me recover from some surgery scars on my leg. It's not instant but it does work. It's helped fade them quite a bit. I find it very mild and it absorbs really well I also use it on my face at night time before bed.

Baroness

BaronessSydney

Worked for me!

Chris

Chrismelbourne

Bought for stretch marks and elasticity of the skin.

SADY-cleaning lady

SADY-cleaning ladyCentral Queensland, QLD

Don't use it, do some research

I use product review A LOT! And have bio oil that i bought for my daughter for a scar on her face. Was looking up using it as a moisturiser for my self and decided to look here as well. THANK YOU [name removed]! After reading your comments i did my own belated research of ingredients....... have thrown the bottle out.

Full of Nasty Chemicals - not safe for Pregnancy

I picked up a bottle of Bio Oil at Target today. I was in a rush didn't have time to check out the ingredients before purchasing, I just grabbed and ran = Regret. I got home and read the shocking list of on the back of this product. It completely astounds me that Bio-oil marketed for use by pregnant women. Just to name a few: BHT - immune system toxicant, banned in many countries, Benzyl Salicylate - not safe for pregnant women, CI 26100 - has bioaccumulative effects, mainly used as a fuel colourant. So I've forked out $25 for a 125ml of toxic liquid that no one should be rubbing all over themselves, let alone pregnant woman.

The scent but besides that, everything is perfect!

The only thing I would want different is the smell,I would wear it a lot more if it had no scent or a nice smell to it. I get concerned when I put it on and the smell is unappealing to me and to others. But besides that, works perfectly.

Sally

Sally

Best oil ever

I use bio oil on my legs which get dry easy. If I miss a day I notice they are still ok so it last a long time. I find it too rich for my face but great for my neck at night only (otherwise feels like it's cooking in the sun during the day) only down side is that it's expensive. But you can find it on special sometimes. Great stuff for really dry skin.

Bio oil is an effective product to use on your skin

A great product. Use under face cream twice a day. You don't need much. It has made my skin feel softer and visually it has appears my skin is smoother and blemishes have faded. After two months, my 56 year old skin appears better and makes me feel better. Worth a try and not expensive.

Jessie

JessieBrisbane

It works!

This product is a miracle worker. I fell of my quad bike a while ago and it left a nasty burn scar, looked horrible and all the products I was using, just wasn't working until I came across bio oil, it's noticeable that it has improved the appearance of my scar.

raised age spots

I am 59 yo and have had quite a few raised age spots - charmingly called barnacles. Doctors and skin specialists have told me the only way to remove them is surgically ... well I thought I would try Bio Oil on one that came up on my face and within a few weeks it dried up and fell off. I have since successfully removed every one of the almost dozen I have had by applying Bio Oil twice a day - nothing more. They just dry up and disappear. I am over the moon that all my barnacles are GONE!!!!

ari101perth

its just oil nothing special

Had my first pregnancy last year bought biooil because the add recommended it. Ive used products like vitamin e oil and emu oil before and i didnt find bio oil any better to be honest. At the end of the day there is no magical oil that will take away your skin marks. Save yourself a buck and just get vitamin e oil instead.

Clive M.

Clive M.asked

Can you mix bio oil with Caro white?

CyberKingKong
CyberKingKong

Hi Clive, I don't mix bio-oil with anything. I simply apply bio-oil in the morning and before bed. I do believe that Caro White is kind of bleach or skin lightening lotion. I suggested that if you are expecting only smooth skin, healthy skin tone and less scar, bio-oil is perfect for it. Please keep applying regularly particularly on the drying spots (elbows and knees)

Shaan A.

Shaan A.asked

I have been using this oil for two months this oil does nothing at all totally a waste of money, ZERO results. I don't recommend to use it.

Traceyasked

I had an abdominal hysterectomy 12 days ago is it safe to rub bio oil on my healing scar

Vanessa

Wait 12 mths. That scar is tender and needs to heal. Tracy u know what makes me angry. Everything is such a rush with women. After I had my son I stayed obese for 2 years. No rushing to the gym. I always advocate to women to love the skin they are in

Ok

Vanessa

Thankyou 4 saying ok . Women and people behind them usually BAIT me . U know try and get a reaction from me . Ive now learnt in life only advise people who want your help . 4 the others keep my mouth shut. I hope your healing is quick and pain free . God Bless

CategoryPregnancy & Postnatal Skin Care Products and Serums & Oils