Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil (page 4 of 14)

Pros

• Treats a variety of conditions

• Vegan and cruelty free

• Found in most supermarkets and chemists

Cons

• Triggered allergic reactions for some reviewers

Namita

NamitaVIC, 3021

It's a blessing

I have been using bio oil since 2 years now. I never encounter any side effects or any other problem with this product. I am very satisfied and a proud customer of bio oil. I can never imagine winters with out it. It is very soothing on skin, it also nourishes and hydrated well.

Nana

Nana

Better used with a moisturising lotion

It's a good oil for pregnancy and beyond for stretchmarks prevention but it does not hydrate the skin. First pregnancy i used it on its own. I did not see any magic. Second pregnancy i used two big bottles in sorbolene. The results were quite remarkable. It prevented more stretchmarks and also helped heal old ones. My skin and heels were also silky soft.

I would recommend it, but not to be used on its own.

Amazing!

I had a double bunion operation 9 months ago and was left with red ugly scars on my feet. I started rubbing bio oil into the scars only a week ago and they have improved by at least 50%. I am going to start using it on my face and legs to improve uneven skin tone as I've read many positive reviews. I would highly recommend it for any post operative scarring.

Find out how Bio-Oil compares to other Serums & Oils

Absolutely amazing at preventing scars

Got recommended this after face reconstruction surgery following a car accident 17 years ago. Have veen keeping a bottle in my draw since. Used it to prevent stretchmarks when pregnant with my daughter and it worked as well. Not a single one! Always put on wounds while healing if deeper cuts. Wish I knew about it my teens!

Ellen

EllenMelbourne

I have yet to find out if it works

I have been using it for more than 2 weeks now but still no remarkable results. Seeing the reviews and raves about it I was enticed to try it on my stretch marks. I find it weird to feel heat where I would apply it, but maybe it was a sign it is working. So for now, I'm still hoping it would work before the wedding I will be attending a few weeks from now. I really need to get rid of the marks on my upper arms, stat!

Cath

CathShepparton

Bio Oil a wonder product.

I can highly recommend Bio Oil, it is a cheap product that truly works, provided consumers are patient. I am in my fifties and have been using Bio Oil on my face, neck and the top of hands for over ten years. I frequently get compliments about my clear, even skin tone and the fact that I look ten years younger than my age. I use this product just before bed and although it is greasy initially this subsides quickly. If you are prepared to commit to Bio Oil long term, I truly believe it is a miracle product and extremely reasonably priced too. My other beauty tips, are to apply sunblock daily, I love the Aldi makeup wipes and drink lots of water. You don't need to spend a fortune to look youthful.

Bel C

Bel CSydney

Perfect for stretch marks and hair!

When I read that Kim Kardashian used Bio Oil during pregnancy - I wanted to try it for myself. Stretch marks form when your weight fluctuates. I used a bit of Bio Oil in my hair and on my nails. It's great at nourishing my skin, hair and nails. It's worth a try!

Stretch marks

It might depend on certain skins types, mabe, coz my daughter used it in early pregnancy, because I told her to, and she suffered no stretch marks at all!!! All the ones saying it no good, mabe yr skins not up for the challenge.
I've used it for my face, mainly for tone and wrinkles, an and I find this product good, my face is smooth, wrinkles are diminishing. I'm nearly half a century old, but I don't look it. Thanks Bio oil.

Pj Haris

Pj HarisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

great oil for marks

i have been using this for a while and most of the marks on my face has disappeared, i have used this for less than three months and i am very amazed with the transformation of my face, i was bit embarrassed earlier but now i know this will work for anyone

Emily L

Emily LBrisbane

Great product! Love it !

I have been using bio oil on my arms, legs and hands even my face, also on my belly when I was pregant instead of stretch mark cream I use bio oil mixed in with body cream and it worked well, I have no mark on my belly at all! it doesn't feel oily at all.

Kat2705

Kat2705South East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful product for dry skin and pigmentation

Had Bio oil for scars which i personally found didn't work for me.I ran out of my night cream and being winter i thought i would try bio oil on my face and neck .I am using the product morning and evening now for a few weeks and have found quite a dramatic different in hydration levels and appearance of pregnancy related pigmentation.I have found less is more as it did cause breakouts on my chin if i was using too much.It absorbs within 10 mins.The only negative is the very strong fragrance be nice to have a fragrance free formula.While i think i might not continue in our summer being it's very humid i can recommend trying the oil in winter.

NatL

NatLPerth

Great for very dry skin

A friend of mine recommended bio-oil to help hydrate my very dry skin. I was presently surprised. I use it under makeup before work and find my foundation goes on a lot smoother. The scent is beautiful. Usually purchase expensive creams but now prefer bio oil. Just don't out too much on or you will look shiny.

The helpful queen

The helpful queenUnicorn City

Good for ecezma

This product is pricey and overall, doesn't do much except for my eczema, which at times, can be very itchy. Bio oil is most definitely not worth the money and I would recommend more natural alternatives for moisturisers such as cocount oil. For irritation I would suggest applying a diluted form of apple cider vinegar.

Bye

Mikayla

MikaylaSouth Australia

It's okay!

Bio Oil is good for fading your stretch marks but it doesn't completely get rid of them. Those marks will be there forever. There is nothing wrong with having these marks on your body. It's what makes us humans unqiue. I think we could embrace that. Would I recommend? Yes, it takes time and patience.

BioOil for Stretch Marks

I am 20 year old boy, i had alot of stretch marks on my back, my knees and my butt. its really annoying, and i got suggested to try biooil. I found that its works with my new stretch marks (Purple and redish) after 3 months of proper uses (twice aday).

Sam

SamBrisbane

Life saver

I started using this in high school when I noticed scars appearing on the back of my legs, I used every day morning and night. Within 3 months the colours had faded away. If you keep persistent with this it will show results. It really helped my confidence back then.

Amazing product

I swear by this stuff, works every time. I suffer from acne and dry skin. When I get hormonal breakouts that start crusting, I put bio oil and within a day, the zit is gone. I use it every night along with my usual skin care routine, and my skin has never been smoother! It not only smells good, but doesn't irritate my skin at all. I also work at a veterinary clinic so sometimes I get some crazy scratches on my arms and chest, but that's nothing a little bio oil can't fix.

acmesounds

acmesoundsVictoria

Breaks out my skin and ingredients are scary!

I purchased Bi-Oil to hopefully reduce some sun spots on my face. Whenever I dab a drop on the affected spot, I break out in a pimple! So I went on the internet to read if bio-oil can result in breakouts and came across my beloved Product Review where I learnt some of the ingredients are quite harmful. I wish I had read Product Review prior to my purchase as I will throw this product out. I would not even pass this on to someone else. Please read the following article - very informative as to the ingredients indeed. [link removed]

Teresa

TeresaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money - no difference after 8 weeks

Very disappointing really. I have very dry skin on hands and sun spots on my forearms, plus some uneven skin tone on my face and neck. I was therefore very excited about the claims for this product. I have been diligently applying at least twice a day for approx 8 weeks now with absolutely no difference. Rather a waste of money and I am a little concerned about some comments on this site regarding the ingredients. I don't think I will bother continuing with this product.

beverley

beverley

Petro chemical Industry does it again

Have been using it for about two weeks, I think the skin massage when you apply it is the only benefit. Just discovered it is Mineral Oil so I will throw it out. I have been avoiding anything from the petro chemical industry which includes all the synthetic "perfum" and "fragrance" ingredients which are from the same industry and seem to be in everything.

Florence

Florence asked

Can I use bio oil and palmer skin success together?

Lara C

Lara Casked

Can I mix bio oil with my aveeno baby?

annie a.

annie a.asked

Can a bio oil good for bed bug on hand?

Features:

• This oil is made up of botanical extracts, such as lavender and rosemary oil, and vitamins such as vitamin A and vitamin E
  • Bio-oil can be used to treat stretch marks, scars, uneven skin tone, effects of ageing, and dehydrated skin
  • Safe to use during pregnancy, teenage growth spurts, and rapid weight gain, and can be applied on the face or body
  • This product is vegan and cruelty-free as it’s not derived from animal products or tested on animals
  • Available in 60ml, 125ml and 200ml bottles, and is easily accessible - can be found in major supermarkets and chemist chains

What reviewers thought about this product:

• Bio-oil has benefited many reviewers, but overall, responses to this product have been mixed.
  • When applied consistently over a long period (usually around 3-6 months), many reviewers have been able to remove scars and spots that have been around for years.
  • Reviewers reported that using this oil has left their skin feeling soft and supple.
  • Upon further investigation, it appears as though most of the negative reviews this product centres around people experiencing some kind of reaction from this product, whether it was developing a rash or itch. It’s important to note that different products will affect people differently, and some people may be unaware of allergies that they might have.
CategoryPregnancy & Postnatal Skin Care Products and Serums & Oils