Bio-Shield 5L Outdoor Cleaner Concentrate

Bio-Shield 5L Outdoor Cleaner Concentrate Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Carol R.
Carol R.

Can I get this product in the USA?

Bio-Shield   DM

Hi Carol Yes, we can supply in the USA.
Please contact us on orders@bio-shield.co.nz with your details and the pack size you want.

Eeso

Made a repeat purchase for maintenance of results. I will be treating my tiled roof for the first time with the product. What I want to know is, if I can use the same concentration on solar panels as the roof tiles ( or if it should be of higher or lower strength). Due the risk of heights, I don’t plan to do any physical cleaning of the panels if Bioshield is deemed suitable.

BJE
BJE

Works well on my terracotta roof tiles. I don’t have solar so I can’t say what the correct concentration would be.

Andy v.
Andy v.

Hi Eeso, Bio-Shield is safe to use on Solar Panels. Use the standard 1:20 dilution and apply 2 consecutive coats about 10 to 15 minutes apart for the initial clean. Apply a maintenance application of 1 single coat every 12 to 24 months to keep the panels free of lichens and algae and operating at peak efficency.

Eeso

For high humidity high heat climate of Far North Queensland, is it necessary to change the product to water ratio? If used for concrete drive ways and brick & timber fencing, is high pressure cleaning needed before or after application with Bioshield?

Bio-Shield   DM

Thanks for your interest in Bio-Shield Outdoor Cleaner. For the situation and surfaces you describe, the 1:20 standard diilution will be OK. The key to getting the surfaces clean is saturation with the Bio-Shield solution. On the concrete, 1 coat is enough. On the bricks and timber fencing apply 2 to 3 consecutve coats to achieve saturation. If the timber and bricks have thick black algae a 1:15 dilution can be used for the initial application, then maintained with the 1:20 solution.
The benefit of using Bio-Shield is that you dont need to use any high pressure cleaning to get the surface clean. While Bio-Shield takes time for the clean up initially, the surface will stay clean longer and be much easier to maintain.
Once the surface is clean, reapply Bio-Shield at the 1st sign of regrowth -1 saturation coat is usually enough, and the surface will stay clean.
Reapplication cycle may be every 12 to 18 months with your regional climate.
Hope this helps.

Bio-Shield Australia

Eeso

Ok thanks for the information. Do you have a list of commerical companies that use the product?

Bio-Shield   DM

Yes, it depends on your location. Please contact me though the website so I can assist.

John R.
John R.

The rainwater from my roof goes to an underground water tank. This water is used mainly to flush our toilets and, via the exterior hose taps, to wash vehicles and water trees and vines in the summer. If I treated my roof with Bio-Shield would I need to divert the roof water for some period of time or just stop using it for watering trees and vines for a while. Thanks John

Bio-Shield   DM

Hi John Best practice would be to disconnect the tank before applying Bio-Shield and to recconect after 3 to 4 weks and at least 1 day of rain. If you want to recconnect sooner, check the water coming off the roof during rain, there should be no frothing or odour if the water is clear of Bio-Shield. If the water is not used for human or animal consumption the tank could be reconnected sooner, however, any Bio-Shield residue that does enter the tank may cause the water to have unpeasant odours This tainted water should be OK for the watering and washing
Hope this helps.

Andy

Get an answer from our members and Bio-Shield representatives

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Bio-Shield 5L Outdoor Cleaner Concentrate is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024. Learn more