Good looking machine
I am so in love with my biochef is great looking machine and very quiet too.I use for dehydrating fruit,herbs and dog treats and dehydrate everything to perfection.Timer and stainless steel tray are big bonus and even the dripping tray on the bottom.They also give you 3 years warranty so definitely worth to spend a money.
Couldn't be happier with my purchase. Was searching all over for a good dehydrator but didn't want to buy a commercial unit. Found the bioChef and love it. 8 trays is enough room to fit about 3kg of jerky so plenty of room. Great build quality and simple to operate. The included book and extra goodies is great. For the price of the unit it really is great value especially when comparing to other similar units. Thoroughly recommend it.
Great value for the money, does the job of a more expensive dehydrator
I love my new BioChef, I upgraded from one of those cheap round ones. This is so much easier to use, easy to clean, and dehydrates evenly because of the fan. Good solid unit, though they could improve the door by making it more solid and putting a magnet at the bottom corner as there is still a little gap. I have used it to make bukinis, dried fruit and almond biscuits. They all turned out perfect. Overall it is good value for money, if you don't want to spend a lot of money this is the one to go for. I picked the 8 tray over the smaller because it was made better, so glad I did. I try to do all my dehydrating in one go to save on electricity. This also has the timer and temperature control so you can set and forget. Not too loud when it is running and fits easily on the bench, but check your measurements to work out where you are going to put it as it is a bit big to be packing away all the time.
Heaps of room. Reliable. Easy to clean. Set and forget. Makes reasonable noise but not too loud. Very easy to use and comes with an instruction booklet which had hints and guidelines for dehydration for many foodstuffs. Great for fruit on the go as healthy snacks. Highly recommend as it saves wastage of fruit.
This is a great machine
I love my BioChef 8 tray dehydrator & am so pleased I made the right choice ! In the past I had tried a cheap round one which was terrible . Great to have temperature control plus timer. Would highly recommend this to anyone wondering what to buy I can’t fault it .
Only used it once so far!!!
I've only just received it, when opened up I found the door was broken on the bottom hinge, but Vitality 4 Life have sent a new hinge and some spare trays for the inconvenience (Big Kudos for those guys for looking after me)...
I've only used it once so far and have found it very easy too use and of good quality, the stainless trays wash up easily and I like the that it comes with a variety of trays for all your dehydrating needs and a drip tray for the marinade.
Can't wait to do my second lot of meat...
This thing is great, we had our best food ever on a hiking trip. Not very loud sits on the kitchen bench in our unit when running.
Price is very reasonable and a few months in we have no complaints!
I don't have much more to say but Product Review asks for fifty words
I bought this as a gift for my daughter and she loves it. She uses it all the time and says her dehydrated meals are the envy of her outdoor ed classmates when they are out bush on expedition!
She loves how easy it is to use & clean, and has had no problems with it to date.
Good, but could be improved
1) the model was refurbished/ex demo. however the dehydrator mesh between the trays and the fans was found bent and was repeatedly struck by the fan blades when rotating when it was turned on. the positioning of the mesh was crooked and not aligned straight along the borders, creating a permanent crinkle in the mesh that makes it potentially prone to friction. had to use pliers to pull the mesh away from the fan to ensure that an appropriate clearance gap was created. works now. fan blade and engine may have been damaged. could be a seller issue.
2) ex demo/refurbished: found a 20mm x 30 mm of black plastic curved triangle inside the box. most likely it was snapped off a corner. could not find the damage area of plastic, except maybe a missing shelf ledge. could be a seller issue.
3) bottom (8th) tray is effectively sits on top and rubs against the drip tray. the bottom tray makes it highly awkward to removes, insert and use. easier to use only seven trays and include the 8th one as a back up buffer. could be a manufacturer issue.
4) drip tray is easy to clean and remove but extremely shallow, effectively flat. given the flatness, no wet (or damp) ingredients should be used. could be a manufacturer issue.
5) tray is too narrow, it needs to be an extra 1 or 2 mm wider. I have to be careful with inserting the tray as it may slide off the shelf ledge and wedge itself into the ledge at an angle. otherwise they are solid, good handle and easy to clean. I wonder as this is refurbished, was i was given the wrong tray? could be a seller or manufacturer issue.
1) works well (so far, x3 first week)
2) controls are easy and straight forward.
3) booklet information is straightforward but light on details. it could add and expand on more details, however personal experimentation might be required
4) glass door and sliding trays makes the ongoing assessments quick and easy
5) like the x4 tray mats were included: x2 mesh mat; and x2 non stick mat.
As this is my first dehydrator, I choose this because it was well designed and reviewed well. on my short list of three options this was mid ranged. some design flaws that could be easily improved. due to the damage I would downgrade the item condition from "like new" to "good". was expecting less problems. Need to wait a few months to decide the build and quality. so far 3/5
I can't imagine living without it now
Why 5 stars? The timer, reliable temperatures, excellent air circulation, tray sizes and ease of cleaning, not to mention incredibly fast delivery.
We always spend considerable time bottling, freezing and pickling our summer produce, but the BioChef Arizona 8 tray has extended the options considerably. Now we dry apples, pears, plums, apricots, peaches,oranges, strawberries, chillies, herbs and wild pepper, make dried tomatoes packed in oil, zucchini chips, and an astonishing array of fruit leathers ostensibly for our baby grandson, but that have become our go-to snacks. I can't believe how easy it is to prepare and dry our produce. If you have some left over, dry it!
The suggested drying times are quite accurate, the timer makes the process convenient and it requires minimal attention to tray and produce position once operating although with all trays loaded thicker pieces may need to be reorganised part way through. It seems to be energy efficient and the design gives flexibility to use all trays or just one.
We definitely recommend it.
Brought the BioChef Arizona 8 tray
I was hovering between the 6tray one but the 8 tray won. The white 8 tray unit has a timer, which is very useful, stainless steel trays (easy dishwasher cleaned) and comes with 2 mesh slips for drying small items plus 2 non stick slips for sticky rollups recipes. So far I have done chicken and beef jerky ( strips of chicken breasts and lean beef, no seasoning) for premium dog training treats and they are a winner! Whilst jerky was dehydrating the aroma in the house was very appetizing! Lots of recipes online, utube and on biochef. I have limes and paw paws almost ready to pick so none will be ever wasted !
Questions & Answers
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.