BioChef Arizona 8 Tray

BioChef Arizona 8 Tray

Good looking machine

I am so in love with my biochef is great looking machine and very quiet too.I use for dehydrating fruit,herbs and dog treats and dehydrate everything to perfection.Timer and stainless steel tray are big bonus and even the dripping tray on the bottom.They also give you 3 years warranty so definitely worth to spend a money.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Fantastic to hear you are enjoying the dehydrator. Just to let you know that the drip tray can also be used as a non-stick tray for fruit roll ups as well. Please let us know if you have any other questions at all. Kindest regards, Michelle | Vitality 4 Life

Excellent!

Couldn't be happier with my purchase. Was searching all over for a good dehydrator but didn't want to buy a commercial unit. Found the bioChef and love it. 8 trays is enough room to fit about 3kg of jerky so plenty of room. Great build quality and simple to operate. The included book and extra goodies is great. For the price of the unit it really is great value especially when comparing to other similar units. Thoroughly recommend it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Glad to hear you are enjoying the Arizona Tony and making lots of delicious jerky ! Thank you for your feedback from the BioChef Team

Great value for the money, does the job of a more expensive dehydrator

I love my new BioChef, I upgraded from one of those cheap round ones. This is so much easier to use, easy to clean, and dehydrates evenly because of the fan. Good solid unit, though they could improve the door by making it more solid and putting a magnet at the bottom corner as there is still a little gap. I have used it to make bukinis, dried fruit and almond biscuits. They all turned out perfect. Overall it is good value for money, if you don't want to spend a lot of money this is the one to go for. I picked the 8 tray over the smaller because it was made better, so glad I did. I try to do all my dehydrating in one go to save on electricity. This also has the timer and temperature control so you can set and forget. Not too loud when it is running and fits easily on the bench, but check your measurements to work out where you are going to put it as it is a bit big to be packing away all the time.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi MusicVeg, Your dehydrator creations sound fantastic. So glad to hear you are making the most of your new dehydrator and thank you for your feedback, The BioChef TeamUPDATE: Sadly my dehydrator is not heating anymore, fan is still working but only cold air is blowing out. Have sent an email regarding repair/warranty, awaiting reply.

Great dehydrator

Heaps of room. Reliable. Easy to clean. Set and forget. Makes reasonable noise but not too loud. Very easy to use and comes with an instruction booklet which had hints and guidelines for dehydration for many foodstuffs. Great for fruit on the go as healthy snacks. Highly recommend as it saves wastage of fruit.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Glad to hear you are making the most of the new Dehydrator Brendan, Happy Dehydrating from the BioChef Team !

This is a great machine

I love my BioChef 8 tray dehydrator & am so pleased I made the right choice ! In the past I had tried a cheap round one which was terrible . Great to have temperature control plus timer. Would highly recommend this to anyone wondering what to buy I can’t fault it .

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Thanks so much for the feedback chelchops, we definitely find a difference between circular style with even drying and no cross contamination of flavours happening , enjoy many more dehydration creations !

Only used it once so far!!!

I've only just received it, when opened up I found the door was broken on the bottom hinge, but Vitality 4 Life have sent a new hinge and some spare trays for the inconvenience (Big Kudos for those guys for looking after me)...
I've only used it once so far and have found it very easy too use and of good quality, the stainless trays wash up easily and I like the that it comes with a variety of trays for all your dehydrating needs and a drip tray for the marinade.
Can't wait to do my second lot of meat...

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Glad to hear the jerky is going well Michael and that we were able to resolve the door for you, Thank you for the feedback and happy dehydrating !

Love it

This thing is great, we had our best food ever on a hiking trip. Not very loud sits on the kitchen bench in our unit when running.
Price is very reasonable and a few months in we have no complaints!

I don't have much more to say but Product Review asks for fifty words

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Thanks for the feedback Andrew, once you make your own dehydrated food for hiking and camping it is very hard to go back to store bought ! hope you enjoy making many more dehydrated creations from the BioChef Team

Great product

I bought this as a gift for my daughter and she loves it. She uses it all the time and says her dehydrated meals are the envy of her outdoor ed classmates when they are out bush on expedition!
She loves how easy it is to use & clean, and has had no problems with it to date.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Thanks Lizzy, Glad to hear your daughter is making the most of delicious dehydrated meals ! The flavour is amazing and so easy to prepare as well as being lightweight to carry so you can have a home cooked dinner in the wilderness. Trail snacks are also great and I am sure your daughter will find many more uses for her new dehydrator.

Good, but could be improved

Cons:

1) the model was refurbished/ex demo. however the dehydrator mesh between the trays and the fans was found bent and was repeatedly struck by the fan blades when rotating when it was turned on. the positioning of the mesh was crooked and not aligned straight along the borders, creating a permanent crinkle in the mesh that makes it potentially prone to friction. had to use pliers to pull the mesh away from the fan to ensure that an appropriate clearance gap was created. works now. fan blade and engine may have been damaged. could be a seller issue.

2) ex demo/refurbished: found a 20mm x 30 mm of black plastic curved triangle inside the box. most likely it was snapped off a corner. could not find the damage area of plastic, except maybe a missing shelf ledge. could be a seller issue.

3) bottom (8th) tray is effectively sits on top and rubs against the drip tray. the bottom tray makes it highly awkward to removes, insert and use. easier to use only seven trays and include the 8th one as a back up buffer. could be a manufacturer issue.

4) drip tray is easy to clean and remove but extremely shallow, effectively flat. given the flatness, no wet (or damp) ingredients should be used. could be a manufacturer issue.

5) tray is too narrow, it needs to be an extra 1 or 2 mm wider. I have to be careful with inserting the tray as it may slide off the shelf ledge and wedge itself into the ledge at an angle. otherwise they are solid, good handle and easy to clean. I wonder as this is refurbished, was i was given the wrong tray? could be a seller or manufacturer issue.

Pros:

1) works well (so far, x3 first week)

2) controls are easy and straight forward.

3) booklet information is straightforward but light on details. it could add and expand on more details, however personal experimentation might be required

4) glass door and sliding trays makes the ongoing assessments quick and easy

5) like the x4 tray mats were included: x2 mesh mat; and x2 non stick mat.

Conclusion:

As this is my first dehydrator, I choose this because it was well designed and reviewed well. on my short list of three options this was mid ranged. some design flaws that could be easily improved. due to the damage I would downgrade the item condition from "like new" to "good". was expecting less problems. Need to wait a few months to decide the build and quality. so far 3/5

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi Wisperr, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear that your dehydrator was received in this condition. Regardless of it being a Demo or not it should not have this level of damage and our 30 day Money Back Guarantee does apply across all of our products so we are always happy to offer an exchange or refund in these unfortunate circumstances. I have sent you a private message as I would like to offer some options to help you with this issue and ensure you have a fully functioning unit. Alternatively we are happy to assist on our Toll free number 1800 802 924 Mon- Fri 9am -5pm or you can email us at support@vitality4life.com. Kind Regards, The Vitality 4 Life Team.

I can't imagine living without it now

Why 5 stars? The timer, reliable temperatures, excellent air circulation, tray sizes and ease of cleaning, not to mention incredibly fast delivery.
We always spend considerable time bottling, freezing and pickling our summer produce, but the BioChef Arizona 8 tray has extended the options considerably. Now we dry apples, pears, plums, apricots, peaches,oranges, strawberries, chillies, herbs and wild pepper, make dried tomatoes packed in oil, zucchini chips, and an astonishing array of fruit leathers ostensibly for our baby grandson, but that have become our go-to snacks. I can't believe how easy it is to prepare and dry our produce. If you have some left over, dry it!
The suggested drying times are quite accurate, the timer makes the process convenient and it requires minimal attention to tray and produce position once operating although with all trays loaded thicker pieces may need to be reorganised part way through. It seems to be energy efficient and the design gives flexibility to use all trays or just one.
We definitely recommend it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Thank you so much for the feedback Kim. Sounds like you are making some amazing food for the whole famliy. Once you start dehydrating the options do become endless ! It is so satisfying to reduce food wastage and also to make your own creations with the peace of mind that you know exactly what is used without any artificial preservatives or additives. Thank you again for your feedback and happy dehydrating from the BioChef Vitality 4 Life Team

Brought the BioChef Arizona 8 tray

I was hovering between the 6tray one but the 8 tray won. The white 8 tray unit has a timer, which is very useful, stainless steel trays (easy dishwasher cleaned) and comes with 2 mesh slips for drying small items plus 2 non stick slips for sticky rollups recipes. So far I have done chicken and beef jerky ( strips of chicken breasts and lean beef, no seasoning) for premium dog training treats and they are a winner! Whilst jerky was dehydrating the aroma in the house was very appetizing! Lots of recipes online, utube and on biochef. I have limes and paw paws almost ready to pick so none will be ever wasted !

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Thank you for the feedback Steve, Glad to hear your dogs loved the treats. The option of what to dehydrate does start to become endless and being able to make the most of delicious fruits when in season is so rewarding. Happy Dehydrating !

Can you dry kale leaves in this dehydrator? Do they come out glossy green?
Hi there, and thank you for contacting us. You can certainly dehydrate kale leaves in all of our BioChef dehydrators. We have an excellent recipe for making Kale chips on our blog! Due to dehydrating, you will find the color may not be as bright as when fresh, but they will last much longer and provide a delicious and healthy alternative to the standard fried potato chips. Kind regards, Vitality 4 Life AU

My partner & I are starting a GAPS diet with our 2 children (youngest has food sensitvity issues), so we have started making our own almond and coconut milk. I hate waste so have been reserving the meal from the milk making process & drying in the oven before grinding into flour. We want a more efficient means of drying the almond & coconut meal so are now researching dehydrators. The Biochef Arizona 8 tray is attracting my attention at the moment, but I would like to know if anyone has used one of these machines for drying meal & if so, how successful were the results?
Hi Kerr, Sorry for the delayed response in this answer but please let us know if we can help further with this. Our staff here in the office have all used and tested our products and I have dried Almond pulp several times from making almond milk and turned into meal and had excellent results. I have also dried coconut pulp from making my own milk and made fine coconut meal which I used in place of store bought desiccated coconut . I did not then grind/blend either of these to flour but it was already quite fine for both the almond and the coconut so I am sure this would be very quick for any further grinding. If you would like any further advice we are available our support team are available on our toll free 1800 802 924 number Monday - Friday 9am-5pm. Many Thanks, The BioChef TeamHi, Thanks for your response. After reading other reviews & experiences with the 8 tray BioChef, we actually purchased one about a month ago. So far we've had good success with drying the almond pulp as well as making banana & apple chips for snacks. Looking forward to expanding our repertoire with the dehydrator in the near future! Cheers, K