BioChef Arizona

BioChef Arizona (page 2 of 6)

6 Tray, 8 Tray, 10 Tray

Pros

• Dries food evenly

• Makes delicious food

• Good value if dehydrating frequently

My New Hobby!

I've had a lot of fun experimenting with different produce to dehydrate. Am even making my own dog treats that are much sought after by the local pooches!
It's really easy to use. My only suggestion would be that a removable ''drip tray'' to place in the bottom of the unit would be really useful - when I make the chicken jerky dog treats I brush coconut oil onto them and this tends to drip into the bottom of the unit.

Great product, love it!

Amazing results and fabulous product, I don't use it often but when I do I'm really enthusiastic about the end results.... I use it for treats in training my dog and for when we go away camping and caravanning. The products that I make are fresh, healthy and tasty.... I don't like buying processed dog treats and really enjoy knowing everything that's hand made in the dehydrator is super fresh and healthy.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Tracey- Exact Fitness
Tracey- Exact FitnessGold Coast

Great dehydrator

So easy to use, to clean and love the timer. The machine is very quiet and the timer and settings simple to adjust. Food comes out perfect and has been a great addition for our hiking meals. Shipping was fast and company very easy to deal with. i would highly recommend this dehydrator.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Amazing dehydrator.

Lots of space to do a variety of fruits or veg at the same time.

Makes perfect jerky.

The roll ups turn out so delicious that I can't keep up with making them even tho it has 10 large trays.

Auto shut off timer is fantastic for when you are out or in bed.

Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

Thank you for the feedback Paris. Dehydrated snacks - especially roll-ups never last long in our office as are so delicious ! Happy Dehydrating from the BioChef Team

Tony Sneddon
Tony Sneddon

Excellent!

Couldn't be happier with my purchase. Was searching all over for a good dehydrator but didn't want to buy a commercial unit. Found the bioChef and love it. 8 trays is enough room to fit about 3kg of jerky so plenty of room. Great build quality and simple to operate. The included book and extra goodies is great. For the price of the unit it really is great value especially when comparing to other similar units. Thoroughly recommend it.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Arizona Tony and making lots of delicious jerky ! Thank you for your feedback from the BioChef Team

Review collected in partnership with BioChef

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
MusicVegSan Remo

Great value for the money, does the job of a more expensive dehydrator

Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

Hi MusicVeg, Your dehydrator creations sound fantastic. So glad to hear you are making the most of your new dehydrator and thank you for your feedback,
The BioChef Team

MusicVeg

UPDATE: Sadly my dehydrator is not heating anymore, fan is still working but only cold air is blowing out. Have sent an email regarding repair/warranty, awaiting reply.

Great dehydrator

Heaps of room. Reliable. Easy to clean. Set and forget. Makes reasonable noise but not too loud. Very easy to use and comes with an instruction booklet which had hints and guidelines for dehydration for many foodstuffs. Great for fruit on the go as healthy snacks. Highly recommend as it saves wastage of fruit.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

Glad to hear you are making the most of the new Dehydrator Brendan, Happy Dehydrating from the BioChef Team !

chelchops
chelchops

This is a great machine

I love my BioChef 8 tray dehydrator & am so pleased I made the right choice ! In the past I had tried a cheap round one which was terrible . Great to have temperature control plus timer. Would highly recommend this to anyone wondering what to buy I can’t fault it .

Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

Thanks so much for the feedback chelchops, we definitely find a difference between circular style with even drying and no cross contamination of flavours happening , enjoy many more dehydration creations !

Review collected in partnership with BioChef

Only used it once so far!!!

I've only just received it, when opened up I found the door was broken on the bottom hinge, but Vitality 4 Life have sent a new hinge and some spare trays for the inconvenience (Big Kudos for those guys for looking after me)...
I've only used it once so far and have found it very easy too use and of good quality, the stainless trays wash up easily and I like the that it comes with a variety of trays for all your dehydrating needs and a drip tray for the marinade.
Can't wait to do my second lot of meat...

Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

Glad to hear the jerky is going well Michael and that we were able to resolve the door for you, Thank you for the feedback and happy dehydrating !

Love it

This thing is great, we had our best food ever on a hiking trip. Not very loud sits on the kitchen bench in our unit when running.
Price is very reasonable and a few months in we have no complaints!

I don't have much more to say but Product Review asks for fifty words

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

Thanks for the feedback Andrew, once you make your own dehydrated food for hiking and camping it is very hard to go back to store bought ! hope you enjoy making many more dehydrated creations from the BioChef Team

Lizzy
LizzyMelbourne

Great product

I bought this as a gift for my daughter and she loves it. She uses it all the time and says her dehydrated meals are the envy of her outdoor ed classmates when they are out bush on expedition!
She loves how easy it is to use & clean, and has had no problems with it to date.

RinyT
RinyT

Great while it was working

I have had my dehydrator for around 14 months, using it maybe once a fortnight to make chicken jerky for our dog.
It worked really nicely.
Today, the fan stopped working, just as it did for other reviewers on this page. It is still under warranty, so I will have to send the unit back to the seller, Vitality 4 Life. The manual has already indicated that for all warranty claims, cost to return the unit for repairs are the responsibility of the buyer and these costs will likely not be reimbursed. That's bad business already as far as I'm concerned.

I will update this post as my warranty claim progresses.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
wisperr
wisperrMelbourne

Good, but could be improved

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

I can't imagine living without it now

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Review collected in partnership with BioChef

Healthy foods here I come!

So far, I am very pleased with my BioChef Arizona 6 Tray. My order was processed quickly and the BioChef arrived sooner than I expected.
I have only had it for a coupe of days and have so far dried some of my home grown Pink Lady apples. I am nibbling the results as I type this review. My son also loved the dried apples I gave him. I may try a longer drying time next as I would like to taste a more crunchy dried apple. looking forward to drying some more of my home grown produce.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Leah
Leah asked
Arizona

Hello,
I've just started looking for a dehydrator and came across yours which so far looks great. I am wondering if ALL trays need to be filled when dehydrating or can some trays be left empty if required whilst still achieving excellent results ?
(Apologies if this topic has been covered and I have not found the info.)
Kind regards,
Leah

mrcurlywhirly

We have the 10 tray Arizona, you do not need to use the full capacity, it makes no difference other than economy. e.g.. Dehydrated 3 trays of 10mm sliced bananas this week, ~9 hours at 62 degrees... great results.

Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

Hi Leah, thank you for getting in touch.
All trays do not need to be filled to achieve excellent results. You will achieve similar results no matter how many trays are filled. However it is important not to overfill. There needs to be enough space between the produce to allow the air flow.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly sales and support team if you have any questions.
Kind regards,

Kevin Birdasked
Arizona 6 Tray

Just looking to get an indication of where to best place my Arizona Sol 3 tray ( sorry, no 3 tray listing). How much space should be between the back and the top of the unit? Should there be ventilation in the room which it is placed? Would I expect condensation coming from the machine in an enclosed room? Should the room be open or closed? Sorry for the multiple questions, new to dehydration machines.

Kevin Bird

Apologies, it is actually the 6 tray, not sure where I got that from.

mrcurlywhirly

We have the 10 tray unit, it doesn't require that much back or top clearance as the air exits along the side vents at the front, and around the front door . The top does not get that hot, same with the rear - the fan at the rear pushes the hot air toward the front. Give clearance above the unit at the front of the machine, and as the base gets quite warm it should be placed on an insulating board, like a bread board, if you have it on a timber surface you want to protect. Ours is in an open plan kitchen, never noticed any condensation, and no need to leave windows open if that is what you mean. If in doubt regarding placement you could check your manual.

JAKE B.
JAKE B.asked
Arizona 6 Tray

Do i leave door on my dehydrator when dehydrating

Vitality 4 LifeBioChef

Hi Jake, thank you for getting in touch. The door will need to be secured whilst Dehydrating. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at support@vitality4life.com if you would like any further details. Kind regards, Hayley

Get an answer from our members and BioChef representatives

BioChef Arizona

Features

• This horizontal dehydrator is designed with patented Enzyme Protection Technology. This uses an airflow system that circulates air efficiently throughout the appliance front-to-back. BioChef also states that it helps to preserve the nutrients in food.
  • Designed with an adjustable thermostat that ranges from 35-70 degrees Celsius, which allows you to safely dry any foods for consumption, from herbs to meat.
  • Fitted with food grade stainless steel trays. While these are sturdy, the racks may also be a little tricky to clean.
  • The three sizes are all available to buy at different price points, including $229 for the 6-tray dehydrator, $299 for the 8-tray model, and $349 for the 10-tray option.
  • Features an in-built 24-hour digital timer, with an auto shut-off mechanism that kicks in after the drying time is up.
  • Standard accessories included with each purchase include 2 non-stick sheets, 2 fine mesh sheets, and a drip tray.

Points of praise

• Many reviewers expressed that they were extremely happy with their purchase, and that the BioChef Arizona is both easy and enjoyable to use.
  • It was reported that the BioChef Arizona dries food evenly. It's particularly good at making delicious fruit roll-ups, beef jerky and dog treats.
  • This food dehydrator’s good value was appreciated by several reviewers, who used their new appliance so frequently it made the purchase price more than worth it.
  • The dehydrator’s quiet operation is a definite plus point for home chefs.
  • The mesh wire tray is effective in preventing food from sticking to shelves, as well as stopping it from falling onto the shelf below.
Compare all 3 BioChef Arizona