Dries food evenly
Makes delicious food
Good value if dehydrating frequently
- Arizona 6 Tray
I have a 10 tray Biochef
I purchased a 10 tray which should have included 6 silicone mats. I phoned to ask there whereabouts and was told they would be in the next post. Two months later my wife phoned and was told they were still in production. We are still waiting and we're not very happy.
Review collected in partnership with BioChef
Questions & Answers
I've just started looking for a dehydrator and came across yours which so far looks great. I am wondering if ALL trays need to be filled when dehydrating or can some trays be left empty if required whilst still achieving excellent results ?
(Apologies if this topic has been covered and I have not found the info.)
We have the 10 tray Arizona, you do not need to use the full capacity, it makes no difference other than economy. e.g.. Dehydrated 3 trays of 10mm sliced bananas this week, ~9 hours at 62 degrees... great results.
Hi Leah, thank you for getting in touch.
All trays do not need to be filled to achieve excellent results. You will achieve similar results no matter how many trays are filled. However it is important not to overfill. There needs to be enough space between the produce to allow the air flow.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly sales and support team if you have any questions.
Just looking to get an indication of where to best place my Arizona Sol 3 tray ( sorry, no 3 tray listing). How much space should be between the back and the top of the unit? Should there be ventilation in the room which it is placed? Would I expect condensation coming from the machine in an enclosed room? Should the room be open or closed? Sorry for the multiple questions, new to dehydration machines.
Apologies, it is actually the 6 tray, not sure where I got that from.
We have the 10 tray unit, it doesn't require that much back or top clearance as the air exits along the side vents at the front, and around the front door . The top does not get that hot, same with the rear - the fan at the rear pushes the hot air toward the front. Give clearance above the unit at the front of the machine, and as the base gets quite warm it should be placed on an insulating board, like a bread board, if you have it on a timber surface you want to protect. Ours is in an open plan kitchen, never noticed any condensation, and no need to leave windows open if that is what you mean. If in doubt regarding placement you could check your manual.
Do i leave door on my dehydrator when dehydrating
Hi Jake, thank you for getting in touch. The door will need to be secured whilst Dehydrating. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at email@example.com if you would like any further details. Kind regards, Hayley
Get an answer from our members and BioChef representatives
- This horizontal dehydrator is designed with patented Enzyme Protection Technology. This uses an airflow system that circulates air efficiently throughout the appliance front-to-back. BioChef also states that it helps to preserve the nutrients in food.
- Designed with an adjustable thermostat that ranges from 35-70 degrees Celsius, which allows you to safely dry any foods for consumption, from herbs to meat.
- Fitted with food grade stainless steel trays. While these are sturdy, the racks may also be a little tricky to clean.
- The three sizes are all available to buy at different price points, including $229 for the 6-tray dehydrator, $299 for the 8-tray model, and $349 for the 10-tray option.
- Features an in-built 24-hour digital timer, with an auto shut-off mechanism that kicks in after the drying time is up.
- Standard accessories included with each purchase include 2 non-stick sheets, 2 fine mesh sheets, and a drip tray.
Points of praise
- Many reviewers expressed that they were extremely happy with their purchase, and that the BioChef Arizona is both easy and enjoyable to use.
- It was reported that the BioChef Arizona dries food evenly. It's particularly good at making delicious fruit roll-ups, beef jerky and dog treats.
- This food dehydrator’s good value was appreciated by several reviewers, who used their new appliance so frequently it made the purchase price more than worth it.
- The dehydrator’s quiet operation is a definite plus point for home chefs.
- The mesh wire tray is effective in preventing food from sticking to shelves, as well as stopping it from falling onto the shelf below.
Other Food Dehydrators
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.