Bissell AirRAM Cord-Free 1047F

Bissell AirRAM Cord-Free 1047F

MPN: BIS-1047F

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (6) · No (1)
  • Battery Life

Does a fantastic job

Used on vinyl plank, carpet, tile, and shag pile rug.
This vacuum does a fantastic job on all surfaces, but it struggles a little on shag pile.
A definite winner!

Purchased in October 2020 at Bissell Outlet Store for $449.00.

Product is usedDaily
Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Tiles

I love this cordless AirRAM vacuum cleaner. I've had it for over 5 years.

I love this cordless AirRAM vacuum cleaner. I've had it for over 5 years. I use it on timber floors, ceramic tiles and carpet. It's fantastic. I wish they still made them as the new AirRAM is a different style.

Purchased in August 2015 at Harvey Norman.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood
Trevor S.

Trevor S.Illawarra, NSW

A Little Powerhouse

I have two Airrams, both for different locations. One is used for a pet-friendly holiday house. This thing has no competition when it comes to ease of use, charge/run time and the thorough clean it gives. It's hard to put a metric on what a vacuum picks up, but after a full vac with the Airram, I cannot pick-up any dust with a cloth wipe. Amazing.

Purchased in August 2018 at Bissell Outlet Store for $299.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Bissell AirRAM Cord-Free 1047F compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

D W.

D W.

Loved it

This was a fantastic vacuum for around 10 and a half months and then it stopped working Bissell eventually replaced after a bit of a fight but did not replace the battery or charger. It’s now around 18 months old and the battery only lasts around 15 minutes. Still a great vacuum though

Purchased in January 2019 at Catch for $200.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles
Kunal

KunalPerth, WA

Best vaccum cleaner I ever had

Never seen so much dust. Strong rollers pick up all the threads hair from carpet.

Amazing on hard floors. Never have to do overlaps just cleans it in one run.

As I said best vaccum cleaner I had till date
Slightly loud. Battery great

Hammish The Horrible

Hammish The HorribleSouth East Queensland, QLD

A Re View of My Review....

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood
dpaul

dpaul

Fantastic Vacuum!

I use this on tiles and medium pile carpet. It has an extremely powerful brush roll and great pickup.
Pros:
- Powerful brush roll and suction
- Easy to empty
- 30+ minutes run time
- Manoeuvres great around furniture

Minor cons:
- Power not adjustable like UK version via usb
- As above a little on the noisy side (Aus version runs at full power)
- Sad to see bissell no longer sells this in Australia!! i recommended to a friend only to discover its no longer for sale!

Purchased for $150.00.

Pet OwnerNo
Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles

JGLSGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

BADLY MADE

Devastated! Only bought a year ago, yet the plastic sidinbg by the brush has snapped off and the brush keeps sliding out and now iit cannot be used. Very expensive for what i got and how long it lasted. Furious actually as I am on a pension and was caring for someone and now going on to newstart with two teens and can't afford a new one. Having said that, i loved it - till now.

Purchased in July 2018 for $270.00.

Product is usedWeekly
Floor TypeCarpet

CherylGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant cordless vacuum

I use this for vacuuming throughout my entire house, ceramic floors, timber floors and carpeted areas. The vacuum is noisy but it gets the job done. It is also super easy to empty the canister that collects the dust, dirt, etc. It has LED indicators on it to show when the unit needs recharging. The unit charges quickly and I have noticed that it but it hold its charge must longer than the Dyson I previously owned until it died.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

seaart

seaartMalua Bay

Perfect design

My wife won't stop getting me to be amazed with her. The carpets are unbelievably clean after an easy once over. Easy to push and very easy to empty. A wonderful and simply designed machine. Lightweight and convenient in every way. She can't live without it, never had such a wonderful vacuum cleaner. It's our second Bissell and we can't go past them.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Meeks

MeeksSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just what I needed

I bought this from the outlet store as a “between cleans” vacuum. It does better than expected. The power head works great on my rugs. It is okay on hard floors but some things it tends to just push around. For the price though I have no complaints. He has been renamed Buster and compliments my Henry nicely

Date PurchasedOct 2018
liz

lizBrisbane

Can't live without it!!!

First thought 30 min battery life never going to get my vacuuming done. I was wrong this vacuum saves time. I am a little shocked at all the dust it picks up. I thought my house was clean but this vacuum sucks all the dust out of the carpet. The rollers are easy to clean the hair out of and the dust collector easy to empty. The filter is a wash and go let dry and you are on your way. What I do love is kitchen spills the AirRam is light and quick enough to clean up all that rice that never made it into the pot:)

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Mel

Mel

Super lightweight & easy to use

I bought this vacuum 2 months ago and it's perfect. The battery lasts plenty of time (I can use it for a few weeks on my 2 bedroom apartment before it runs out), it's very lightweight & easy to use. Makes it incredibly easy to take out and vacuum, rather than having to tackle endless cords.
It is a bit noisy, but that's the worst. It's also soooo much cheaper than the Dyson alternatives, and, in my opinion, works just as well!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Mumma

MummaBrisbane

LIght and easy to use with great suction!

I use this on my laminate floors, tiles, rugs and carpets and am amazed at how much it picks up. With animals and children my floors are a great work out for any vacuum and the AirRAM has amazed me with its performance. My only criticisms are that it is noisy and it doesn’t hold much. However it is easy to empty and satisfying to see how much dust, dirt and hair it has picked up. The AirRAM has exceeded my expectations. I will be keeping my traditional corded vacuum for the tools to vacuum lounges and cars etc.. but I’m happy for the AirRAM to take over the floors and enjoy how light and easy to use it is.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Small B

Small B

Best Vacuum Ever

Date PurchasedOct 2009

Sharon

SharonVictoria

For a good quick result. Perfect!

Very happy with its performance only thing is it doesn’t hold a lot, you will need to empty it a few times, but it has great suction and manoeuvres easily especially under furniture great for all floors and carpet. Easy to charge and clean. I recommend it for anyone no cords and very light.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Lorie

LorieDouglas

Absolutely outstanding...replaced my heavy Dyson; use it for everything.

Suction is unreal...picks up pollen, dog hair, debris...best vacuum and lightest I have ever owned. Use it on hardwood floors...does not nic. Use it on rugs...cleans better than large vacuum. It is not particularly quiet but that's okay...neither is my Dyson! Love this vacuum!!!! If you have pets, you won't believe how much hair is on your floors...The light on this little vacuum shows everything and then sucks it up!

Date PurchasedJune 2018
sarsha hull

sarsha hull

One of best vacs I've had

Great vacuum does excellent job with pets furr. Only thing I can point that's not 100% is you have to have a hand-held vac for small Knocks as the head doesn't to Tash other than that it's amazing at picking up absolutely everything and I've had a Dyson that didn't perform as good as this vacuum cleaner over the moon with it order from Bissell outlet and saved a bundle.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
marion

marionWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Ideal for smaller homes.

The thing l am in love with is the maneuverability in small areas. With a twist of the wrist the cleaning head will twist and turn into tight spaces. Nothing to drag and get caught. Easy to empty and reasonably easy to clean . Good battery time. And as well as allthat, it sucks efficiently.

Perfect for older people in particular.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Jakt70

Jakt70

Glad I took a chance

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Len P.

Len P.asked

How long does it take to recharge and are the batteries replaceable and at what cost Regards Len

Razor

I can’t say offhand how long it takes but I know it’s never been a problem to me. I use mine every day and I only recharge about twice a week. You have battery indicators on both the floor air ram and the handheld multi-tool. Whenever I notice the 4-spot indicator down to 2, I plug it in so that it’s ready for next time. You can get spare batteries but they’re currently out of stock - supplies are slow at the moment.

BingoBingo

Batteries generally take 3 hours to recharge from flat, and you'll have up to 40 mins of runtime on most hard floors/carpets.

Batteries are removable, and should be purchased through Bissell directly by phoning them. Cost would most likely be between $80 - $120 depending on whether it's for this model or the new generation of Airram.

Roeasked

Bissell AiRam suddenly stopped working. On pressing the power on button, the red LEDs cycled top to bottom, indicating battery needed charging. With the charger connected, there were no lights on the LED panel (should be green if charging?). After discussing with Bissell Customer Care, purchased a new battery. This did not fix the problem. After further email exchange with Bissell, they sent me a new charger, free of charge (no pun intended!). After "charging" both batteries, nothing changed (no green lights when charging, cycling red LEDs after power on, but no motor. My first inclination was to assume the battery was charged (new battery, new charger) and that therefore the red LED indication was false. However I noted that, unlike most chargers for phones, tablets etc, both chargers remain cool during charging. When I measure the voltage output from the chargers, it is zero (should be around 22 Volts). Perhaps the red LEDs are telling the correct story, and the batteries are not being charged. Is there perhaps a faulty batch of chargers? It has been a great vacuum cleaner, albeit a bit noisy, and I agree with the positive posts on this site. Would appreciate any help or advice.

BingoBingo

That's an odd one, keep liaising with customer care about this as it's hard to tell whether it's the batteries, the charger, or the machine itself - or consider the new version of AirRam they released in Australia recently.

Thanks Bingo Bingo
Confusion arose because it turned out the replacement charger Bissell supplied was also defective. Once Bissell confirmed I should be able to read 27 volts on the output plug I purchased a new charger and all now working normally

Mrs Macasked

Can I purchase replacement parts for the discontinued AirRam? I need a replacement plastic strip for the front casing where the brush sits inside. My husband can get a little enthusiastic using this machine

Cheryl

I would contact the Bissell Outlet Shop in Scorsby, Victoria - they would be able to let you know if they have in stock and could post to you or if you live nearby you could pick up.

JGLS

No, it wasn't your husband, it happened to me too, broke 13 mths after buy, and you can get from Bissell but it takes a bit of time (long time cos they don't answer very quickly and then don't respond well, there's a girl on emails who is terrible) for them to get back to you and i gave up and threw the thing out, mine lasted just over 12 mths before that happened. I'm going back to corded vacs, i tried other vacs too, even a Dyson and it was terrible. I should say they sent me the part, but it didn't seem to fit properly and no one i knew could get it to sit in there.....sad because it was v good.

Mrs Mac

Sounds exactly like our story!

CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners