Bissell Crosswave Professional Multi-Surface 1713F

Bissell Crosswave Professional Multi-Surface 1713F

Regret this purchase!

I thought this product would be the answer to constant vacuuming and mopping in my home with two dogs. This means dog fur and as the item is advertised as a "pet" cleaner I had high expectations. Unfortunately this has not turned our to be the case and I urge others to consider seriously before they make this, in my case, substantial purchase.
The product does vacuum and wash as advertised , it does not do this with any less effort than my vacuum cleaner and mop.
It does vacuum dog fur off my rugs very well but other than that I am disappointed for the following reasons:
-The body of the machine is too big to get under furniture, with dog fur this is always required for a good vacuum. With my standard vacuum I just use the head for corners, behind pots and chairs etc. This means that this product never delivers a really thorough vacuum. The handle also doesn't tilt enough to get under things.
- If you use the wash mode you need to clean the machine every time you use it. Yes, it "self cleans" when you run water through it as advised but you then have to wash out the tank and filter that will now be full of dog fur. If you don't do this and any water is left in the machine it starts to smell and then needs a more thorough clean. The only way to avoid this is to vacuum thoroughly, empty the dirt out, again thoroughly or it will stick to your wet floors when you wash, then use the wash mode. You then have to clean the thing again.

I accept that I may not be using the product correctly and am open to any suggestions, I paid enough so I would like to get some use out of it! I am surprised at the positive reviews and wonder what I may be doing wrong!

This product works no better for me that my standard vacuum and a good old mop and bucket which is much less effort.

Great idea that for me has definitely not lived up to expectations.

Purchased for $389.00.

OK
OK
Bad
Terrible
Noise Level
Normal
Product is used: Several times a week
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Wood

Works for me

I bought this product as I have tiles as well as wooden flooring and it was a pain to vaccum first and then mop since we have a two floored house. We bought this to save some time and effort and it works great if you use it right. It does require cleaning after single use as if you dont it will start smelling like rotten fish on the second use.Overall works for me.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Doesn't really work for me

I bought this product awhile ago thinking it would help me with what seems like acres of hard floor in two houses. I haven't found it to be the boon I'd hoped for.
The product does exactly what it says it does so it's not a product fault that's at issue. It's that I find it rarely makes sense to use it as opposed to my trusty mop and bucket. It's large and heavy so it's not really feasible to transfer from one house to another. For me, this has been a waste of money.
First, it really just runs an enhanced fabric roller over the floor, saturated with cleaning fluids from the tank, and sucks up the water. That's fine but it doesn't scrub the surface more than my conventional mop does. In my experience, it doesn't make the floor any cleaner. It does vacuum up debris in the process but that's not a big issue (for sizeable particles, I'd want to sweep or vacuum beforehand anyway). Second, the cleaning process works well enough but there are a number of chores associated with each use of the machine. These include getting the machine out of the broom cupboard where it takes up a fair amount of room and connecting extension cords so it will go the distance required. At various points it needs to be connected to a new powerpoint. The main work comes after it's finished - there are 7 components that need to be washed, rinsed and dried after use. In the winter this is not a speedy process. Typically, unless I'm doing a big clean, the old mop and bucket work as well with a lot less hassle. I would not buy it again.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Time saver on hard floors

Positives: Cleans well, leaves a streak free finish. Copes with the dog hair. Great for big hard floor areas. ( I have Lino and tiles but as it uses only a small amount of water so it should be great on timber floors as well). Also good to freshen traffic areas on carpets and large rugs. Light and easy to use - kind on your back.
Negatives: It leaves a 4cm edge that it doesn’t clean. Washing everything takes a some time but I sometimes just rinse out dirty water canister and not worry about the roller. Doesn’t like small mats, tends to suck them up. It is a little expensive.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

The Bees Knees

I bought this beauty 2 years ago this month and it goes like the clappers.

Has a rotating brush that gently scrubs dirt on the tiles or floating floorboards and with the detergent filled water, lifts it effortlessly into the clear plastic container (kinda like a Dyson dust bin but with dust and water).

The machine has never let me down.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Love this machine

I use this machine on tiles, I love how much it cleans the floor. It's so satisfying to tip out the filthy water! I love that it doesn't need vacuuming before you use it. I don't use it alot though, it's tricky with a baby crawling on the floor, and it's too loud to use while she is sleeping. I do love it though, I will no doubt use it more when she grows up a bit

Date PurchasedJun 2018

work well

I am very satisfied, the product accessories are complete, the quality is very good, the color collocation and the design are very perfect, completely conforms to the consumer's psychological expectation.The operation is simple and convenient, and it saves time and effort when it is used. It's easy to connect and charge. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Don’t forget about the filter!

I’ve had this vacuum for 2 months and was about to call for my money back based on how poorly it was performing. It would hardly suck up anything bigger than dirt or hair and was leaving muddy puddles of water everywhere! After a short conversation with a bissel support tech I discovered there was a filter on the dirty water tank that gets clogged. There was about and inch of dog fur built up on that thing!! One I removed it my vacuum was back to working like new! Long story short, don’t forget to clean out that little filter!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Does the job of a vacuum and mop

I use this on my hardwood floors and it does a great job. It is just as if I’ve vacuumed and mopped. It is fairly easy to clean afterwards but i have sometimes forgotten to empty it and it’s beyond disgusting to clean later! It also doesn’t clean right to the edge of the floor, nor does it do any scrubbing as such.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Probably my biggest purchase regret

Doesn’t work well on my Lino floors and leaves a big wet muddy mark dragging after it. Is ok in carpet for cleaning and vacuuming but is really bad on my flooring. It doesn’t get close enough to the edges and so I have to go over it again with a broom and mop which was what I was trying to replace with this system. Very unhappy.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Blew up in under three weeks

Awesome for the first three weeks then made a high pitch noise and then went bang
I emailed them and messaged on facebook was banned from there page for asking why I haven't been contacted customer service terrible had to go to the ACCC before they would act please check the amazon reviews and see all the terrible reviews

Date PurchasedJul 2018
There is a UK repair review he pulled it apart and The floor head it faulty as it will corrode with any water residue at all. For a wet a dry mop vac not good

Excellent hard floor cleaner

Purchased on line from Harvey Norman on 26 April 2018 so got a great discount! The performance is superb. We have engineered hard wood floors throughout our three bed unit, which can't be steam mopped, plus two tiled bathrooms. This machine cleans then vacuums up the dirty water leaving the floors almost bone dry! Detergent may be expensive but does the job and leaves a fresh smell. A bit noisy and heavy to use but it's a quality machine and we hope we won't have any problems with it. It doesn't get right up to the edges but that's easily cleaned by hand. The main part of the floor area would be the dirtiest! So we use the Bissell about every 4 weeks and do a quick vac with our stick vac in between.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

This is a life saver!

Absolutely amazing! A variety of heads to choose from and interchange so cleaning the couch, the curtains and even mattresses has never been easier! I honestly don't know how I lived without it! My family pops over a lot unexpectedly so it's perfect to quickly grab and whiz around the house without worrying about cords or lugging a big heavy machine!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Love it - cleans tiles and carpet easily

This machine is excellent. Cleans my porcelain (sealed) tiles really well and also the carpet.
Although it says it’s for rugs only - rugs are basically carpet!
highly recommend over the Karcher (plus the Bossell has a 30 day money back guarantee while the Karcher doesn’t).
My tiles have never been cleaner.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great machine but BISSELL isn't so great to deal with

I purchased this machine in November 2016 and I genuinely like the idea of an all in one - but I am rating this machine with only 3 stars because the company has no concept of customer service.

WARNING: There is a rubber seal that sits between the floor tool and the waste container. This can slide out with the container if there is some dirt and water that causes it to stick ... and this happened to my machine. The problem was, the rubber seal fell off as I was lifting the container off and I wasn't able to find it (I suspect a certain puppy may have taken it outside). No drama - I thought I would just purchase another since I imagine it would not cost much - but BISSELL refused to assist in that measure. First of all - because it has no 'part number' I was told I could not buy the part. Secondly, while they wanted me to send the machine back, I was also advised that because they had not heard of this happening before means there is no 'manufacture defect' - and that then brings into question their 'warranty - which is a limited warranty' - which does not cover claims unless subject to manufacturing defect. On that, I was not prepared to send my machine away only to be stuck in a dispute as to whether the claim was due to manufacturing defect ... then to potentially be liable for expensive postage costs. All this over a rubber seal worth a pittance.

So - please be aware, this seal can come out and may vibrate loose causing suction loss. If you lose it - Lord help you because BISSELL won't.

Kudo's to Harvey Norman who sold us the machine. The lass from HN was very quick in making sure I was able to get a new seal ... the same day. Given there is no such part, I can only assume HN have taken one insitu.

So yes - the machine is great - not perfect but it does a great job - 'clean up' is a pain but an even bigger pain is the company that makes the machine. BISSELL is uncompromising and and wasteful. Vent over. Good on you Harvey Norman Munno Para SA.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Good but not perfect - have had 6 months and used alot

This machine is ok. I bought it because I was sick of my Norwex mop.
I do like the idea of clean water down, dirty water up...that does seem to make more sense than just scrubbing round the same old water with my Norwex mop.
However a few things;
You can't go fast! If you are in a hurry, it's not a case of apply more pressure to the mop handle and it'll but ok, if you go fast, your floors don't get mopped very well at all.
It doesn't get into the corners, about an inch out and the inch it doesn't get...it seems to spray formula on to it anyway and you end up with a grimy inch around your skirtings.
It's an ordeal to clean compared to an old mop whereby ripping off the pad and throwing it through the machine is all you have to do. Honestly...it's a mental thing...but the thought of cleaning it puts me off mopping my floors.
It seems to sometimes spit dirty water out behind it which drives me crazy because you are supposed to be cleaning your floors not dirtying them...

However, over all I think my floors are cleaner and once every now and then I run round with my old Norwex mop after I've mopped with the crosswave and this gets the edges and the little dirty spits.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Very good performance

I have wood floors which I cant mop or use the steam mop on, ive used just a vacuum on it for the 6 months ive lived here and it just doesnt feel like it is clean. They arent sealed floorboards and it states on the bottles of formula not to use it on unsealed floors but I used it tactically pulsing the formula onto the mop brush as to not soak the surface as a maintenance wash and daily I will use it as a dry mop! The only things that I can say make this product imperfect is the cord, if the cord gets in the way you have to lift it up and over the cord and doing so causes the cut off valve to initiate inside the dirty water tank, and also you have to clean the filter after every use and let dry for 24hrs, if its not dry for the next use then you have to go without until its dry (winter rainy weather can cause problems with the drying of it) im looking into buying a spare filter for it but yeah, in a nutshell its a great machine for wooden floors but if you have tiles id still have a steam cleaner at hand because if you have a tough job on the grout this machine wont do, it will clean the surface but if the grout is stained or has build up of tough grime you will meed a steam cleaner then you would use this machine to maintain and refresh.

Miserable Service-No Product or Stock Knowledge

Today I tried to order a Bissell Crosswave Pet from the Bissel Outlet Shop in Victoria. As the order did not pass through the checkout I had to ring the Bissell Customer Service. Speaking to a consultant it was clear to me that the female customer service person did not have a clue about the Bissell products and about the stock situation. It lately happens that outsourced service support personnel does not have any product knowledge nor the knowledge about accounts. In my case, the consultant was hopeless and was not able to proceed with my order resulting in the cancellation of my order for $445. If Bissell can afford to lose customers that is fine with me but I am sure it is not in the interest of the management of the company. Maybe it would be better to have a local in-house product customer support that understands plain English and would be able to assist the customer to order the right product and do the purchasing proceedings. Bissell, you lost me as a customer!

Time saver

I am very happy with this product, I no longer have to vacuum first and then follow through with a mop and bucket. I did have the vax floor cleaner but it broke down so I replaced it with the cross wave.
The machine is light and easy to use, the dirty water goes into a seperate container for easy emptying. I have three dogs and a cat so I generally mop every second day. This machine picks up all dirt/fur while mopping so my floors are done in half the time.
It doesn’t reach under all my furniture so I do need to use a mop in these areas but for daily cleaning it’s perfect

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Made cleaning so much easier!

The crosswave has made cleaning my floors so much quicker. No longer having to vacuum them mop has cut my cleaning time in half. It's easy to use and does a great job. It's perfect for cleaning up after 4 young kids. Highly recommend this product and I would definitely by again.