Bissell SpotClean 3698F

Bissell SpotClean 3698F

MPN: 35905031

Fixed a smelly soup spill in car.

Soup container broke, spilled all under the front seat. Tried to vacuum as much as I could but terrible chicken stock smell remained. After 5 days it wasn't improving so I needed to get it treated.

Had a choice, get it professionally done or buy Bissell SpotClean and try myself for the same price. (with the only advantage being that I get to keep the Bissell SpotClean for future accidents)

It was tough work, had to remove seats to get under it and it took a bit of scrubbing/passes with the Bissell SpotClean unit. A few times I was thinking I maybe this won't work and I should have just got it done professionally.

After about an hour, all done and I'm impressed! Smell all gone! Glad I went towards this route! Can use this for all future cleaning without spending more!

Purchased in May 2019 at Supercheap Auto for $150.00.

Product is used: Rarely

Cleans good

I use this on mattresses, lounge, car etc... love how you can see the amount of dirt its picking up, do have to press pretty hard to pull the water up though which is a pain.

Purchased in December 2018 at Supercheap Auto for $205.00.

Product is used: Monthly

Great machine

My son loves to eat on our couch and he is messy. After reading lots of good reviews in a facebook group I’m in, I decided to give it a try and bought one while its on sale. It did not disappoint me! Food stains are gone and also putty stains on our dining chairs. But I just wish the hose is longer but I’m still happy with it.

Purchased in April 2019 at Supercheap Auto for $154.00.

Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet

Best thing I ever bought!

I bought this for a coffee stain on the carpet and it worked brilliantly! I know use it on everything from the couch to the car seats in the car! All my family and friends ask to borrow it all the time because it’s the best thing ever! Would highly recommend!

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for $150.00.

Product is used: Monthly

Fantastic!

With three kids and two dogs inside constantly peeing, puking and crapping this is the product I’ve always needed. Cleans too well! Makes the untouched carpet look terrible, now I have to do the whole house.
I wish the hose was longer and it was quieter so I could clean whilst the kids were asleep.
Did a great job of the spilt oil in the car too.

Purchased in December 2018.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet

Good for detailing small upholstery items

Used this to freshen up my microfibre couch.
Results were really good.
Also did a great job on my car seats, mattress and small caepet stains.
Initially I had trouble with removing the excess water from the upholstery, after googling I was able to adjust the angle of the vacuum head and now it removes the majority of the water.
The product recommended isn't cheap, but does a good job. Using products which aren't approved voids the warranty.
The only down side I found, is that it is quite noisy.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Works ok but hard to replace the hose

After 1.5 years the hose developed a hole and lost suction. After looking to replace the hose I found you have to buy a custom part from the manufacturer or send it in for service of a while will cost about half the cost of the product. Consumer lock-in!

On the positive side, it does suck up small spills. I have noticed on dog urine I have to go over the same spot multiple times. Even then I can still see the urine spot afterward. In this case, maybe a more powerful machine will do a better job. But for the quick spills you can get to quickly it does the job.

I personally am not going to pay for a new hose and will look for another more powerful machine that I can repair myself. Especially on parts that do wear out quickly.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Fantastic! Renews your car's carpets....

After seeing the great reviews I decides to give it a go.

It's a great little unit that does an amazing job of cleaning the car's upholstery/carpets, really sucks all the dirt out and gives it a great clean.

Super eaay to use and has great attachements.

Only negative thing I found was that the hose is a little short, they could have addes a foot or so would have been much better, but still gets a 5 from me.

I read that someone used the unit 100 times before it stopped working, which is great value.

Highly recommended.

Great buy

Great little machine..purchased it from supercheap auto and love it also brought the oxy boost and the spot clean.chemicals to go with it It brought my carpet up beautifully even the really stubborn stains came out its easy to use and store would highly recommend it to anyone and would make a great Christmas gift as well

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Best product ive ever owned!

This is a true life saver for busy mums. I clean my couches 1x per fortnight and they come up new every time. It's great for liquid spills or small stains on carpet and it's even great for use in the car! My life has never been cleaner than it is now!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great spot cleaner

I bought this as I have two young kids. I have cleaned mattresses, cars, couches and rugs and it has done a great job. My only complaint is that it is quite noisy. It is okay if flat but when you lift the machine up it can be very loud.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Couch comes up new!

I have 3 kids under 5 and its messy! my biggest mistake was not to scotch guard my couch. But the spotclean takes 20 mins to get through all my couches and they come up beautifully! cleans carpets well too and had my car upholstery looking lovely!! well worth the money.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Carpets look new!!!

It looks like I just purchased new carpet it's amazing I would recommend to everyone and anyone with a carpet.
Especially being a mother of 4 children one who's currently crawling so it's a must in my house.
This one works by far the best that's including paying to have it done why bother when you can have your own at your fingertips

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Amazing and easy to clean but couch, carpet and car.

I originally bought this just to trial as Harvey Norman had a 90 day return special. I figured I would use it once and return it if I didn’t like it. I loved it and decided to keep it. It renewed my couches and car seats, it pulls up so much grime and dirt and makes it perfect. It was especially helpful after a gross incident of my child vomiting on the couch and made my couch look like new! Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Awesome if you're a clean freak

Perfect for cleaning the car, couch and small areas. Easy to refill water and empty containers as they just sit firmly on the base, no stupid clips or straps. My car interior is like new because of this machine. I do agree with the other reviews that the hose is a little too short. Totally recommend this

Date PurchasedSep 2018

The hose is bad quality

I bought this product 3.5 year ago. We really loved it as it is great idea, however not a great quality. Today I went to clean parts of my rug and the hose wasn’t flexible at all, it was really hard, after a while it was finally cut. Fully disappointed I went to find a replacement part in their website and I couldn’t find anything, I searched the internet and the cheapest I can get it is $80. What is the point to pay so much money just for this part that I’m it should have this wear so soon when I bought it $170 by the time?

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Works well

This is a great tool for a spring clean or if you have pets. It scary how much dirt you find on your couch/ bed. The only downside to it. Is that there is a lot of physical work involved as you have to scrub I would say at least two times, three to four to really get it clean.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

A longer hose would make it perfect.

I have the Auto version (black coloured) which I purchased from Supercheap Auto. Great product. Does as advertised. Cleaned the interiors of 3 of my cars so far. Follow the instructions carefully and use the genuine chemicals and you shouldn’t have any issues. Ensure you clean the unit before storage (run some clean tap water through the unit). For people with SUVs and people movers you will find that the hose is quite short, you will need to bring the unit into the vehicle.

Pros:
- Does as promised
- Decent build quality
- Generous power cord length
- Not as noisy as I was expecting

Cons:
- Hose is too short for people with SUVs/vans/people movers. There is no way to extend the hose. An extra 1 metre would make it perfect.
- Chemicals for the unit are pricey but really work.
- Recommend you run an in-line safety switch as there is a risk of leaking water due to the design (which I haven’t encountered, but others have).

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Perfect for those Small Stains

Love my spotclean! It’s easy to move wherever you need to use it, we purchased to clean our lounges after our dog had an accident on it and it worked a treat! Pretty noisy but that doesn’t bother me as it does exactly what it needs to do. The tanks are easy to fill and empty. The unit is quite heavy for its size but that’s not an issue as you only need to carry it and pop it down on the floor when you’re ready to start cleaning!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Rugs and couches like new almost!

Bought our Bissell spot cleaner for about what a profession steam cleaner was going to charge for our couches and rugs. Did the job better our selves with the Bissell.

Does take a while and a bit of physical effort but a good job, obviously not meant for cleaning whole furniture. Good now to have on hand for its actual job of cleaning up small spills or stains.

Also really great for car seats we found!

Date PurchasedApr 2018