Bissell SpotClean 3698F

MPN: 35905031

15 questions from our users

George G.

George G.asked

So, Bissell representatives, what do you have to say regarding the inferior quality of the hose and the fact it costs so much to replace?

Janet C.

Janet C.asked

Can I use this on my schotch guarded couch?

Amanda Ng

Amanda Ngasked

is this the one that you can 'clean' your dog instead of a bath?

aussiebushgirl

aussiebushgirlasked

Our Bissell SpotClean hose has split and there doesn't appear to be any replacement ones at any store. Any ideas where I can find one please? Thanks.

Kasparov

Ebay and amazon have replacement parts.

Barbara

Barbaraasked

I have the Bissell Spotclean. I need to know how much water and cleaner to put in as I cannot find instructions and, ready to use?

Kasparov

There are instructions on the inside of the left water bottle. It shows what level to put water to and then the chemicals.

Stranger
Stranger

Yes, instructions are on the bottles of Bissell cleaner.

Blossie

Blossieasked

Why can i no longer get the oy boost in theold formula ijaveno ideajowmuch of the newstuffto put in thespot cleaner?

Masumi

Masumiasked

Whats the difference between the orange, black & purple bissell spot clean?

Jude Pachamuthuasked

I asked Bissell what was the difference between the 36984 and 3698F models. They said they are the same but different colors. The sale person at Bing Lee said they are different models. 36984 is the improved model. Who is right? The price is also different. Good Guys and Harvey have reduced their prices below $200 for the 3698F model.

JayJay
JayJay

This is a common trick with many appliances that retailers and manufacturers do to prevent price matching. Ask the retailer to point out their model # on the manufacturer's website and when they can't, tell them you're not interested in units obtained through unofficial channels as you will have trouble with warranty claims. " Also ask them to point out the differences to the unimproved model, as they should have carried it previously.

But really, best just buy it from the cheapest place to start with so those doing this con aren't rewarded. If the cheapest place is a longer drive, then just pay a little more for the convenience.

kevinasked

Would anyone advise this to steam clean their car seats and car floor?

Jude Pachamuthu

I dont see why you cannot use this. It would be perfect for it although there is a auto version.

kevin

Auto version? If its not too much trouble could you specify the model.

Rowee
Rowee

I know this question is from 2017 but just in case you are still needing of one, the car version of the bissell spot cleaner is $200 at Supercheap auto and they have Afterpay. You’re welcome

Lidya Lau

Lidya Lauasked

Is this machine better than bissell little green machine?

commands

I am sorry I haven't used that one. So I cant advise the comparison.

Jude Pachamuthu

I believe the suction is better. I saw the little green one in action at Godfrey's. Definitely this is better in my opinion. Pay a little more and you will get better results. This model I heard is an old model. Get the latest one from Bing Lee.

Amin, K.

Amin, K.asked

Is this machine good enough to clean a whole (medium sized) room's carpet?

commands

Yes it can but you have to sit on your knees the whole time. It is only hard work that kills otherwise quality of cleaning is perfectly fine. Just a tip don't put too much detergent or buy only recommended stuff. Good luck

It's not designed for that. Upholsterey or mattresses is more suited to this machine.

Jude Pachamuthu

Definitely not. Get the Bissell Revolution. For $200 more, you will get better results and, save time and effort.

Mali

Maliasked

Can I clean curtains with this unit?

Jude Pachamuthu

I dont believe its for this purpose.

Rach

Rachasked

Which is the best cleaning liquid to use?

Kokomo
Kokomo

Hi Rach,

You must use formulas specifically made for Bissell compact deep cleaning machines (I was told by a Bissell representative that using formulas made for full size Bissell machines may cause foaming, and won’t be as effective). And, as stated in the user guide, using “non-Bissell cleaning formulas may harm the machine and will void the guarantee”. Bissell products all have a 5 character product code, and I have included these here for ease of identification.

Once you’ve filled the clean water/formula tank with hot (not boiling) tap water up to the line indicator (it’s marked for small area and large area, depending on size of your stain), you then add Oxygen Boost formula up to the Oxygen Boost fill line. You then add your Bissell 2 x concentrate up to the formula fill line. (*You have to add BOTH the Oxygen Boost and concentrate formula to the water*)

Best prices I’ve found for each are as follows (as with anything, it pays to shop around for this stuff – I get mine directly from the Milperra, Sydney based Ebay seller Cooperwayneshop ):

SpotClean Boost Oxygen Boost (product code 1134E) 1 litre – $14.95 at Good Guys

SpotClean Formula 2 x concentrate 473ml – Comes in a standard formula (such as the sample size bottle included with machine purchase, or ‘Little Green for compacts’ 79B9E), which is currently $14.95 at Good Guys, or $12 at Bing Lee (can buy on Ebay at these prices, but add about $9 for postage). Also available in a Pet Stain for compacts version (74R7E), which is what I use. It costs a little more – currently $16 at Bing Lee – but is specially made for those little pet accidents, and is very effective at removing pet stains and odours. It leaves a nice, fresh scent on your carpet.

I also use a Bissell Pretreat spray when I’m working on removal of old or stubborn stains. It says on the bottle it’s for use before deep cleaning and that it “improves tough stain removal by up to 45%”. This stuff does NOT go into the machine itself, but is sprayed directly onto the stain, and left for 3 to 5 minutes before using the machine. This 650ml spray also comes in a standard (1147E) or pet version (1137E), and you can buy it from the same outlets as the formulas, for around $19 (but it will last for ages!).

Jane

Janeasked

Want to clean fabric lounges but not sure if it leaves the cushions too wet, also worried about water marks left once dried. Any ideas?

Susan
Susan

I would not recommend this product for apholstery. It is water volumne is tricky to control. My expensive sofa was left with pronounced water marks

Cala
Cala

Clean my sofa beautifully.. check upolstry label for cleaning instructions as some upolstry must be dry cleaned so therefore a steamer would be better.

Jude Pachamuthu

I used on mine and no watermarks. Mine is synthetic micro fibre sofa.

Stephen Rainey

Stephen Raineyasked

How many watts does this SpotClean consume? I would like to know how powerful is the motor.

Doc
Doc

Hi there sorry I haven't checked it out

Jude Pachamuthu

You can check the product specs on the website.

Get an answer from our members and Bissell representatives