Black & Decker 18V Smart Tech FEJ520JFS

10 questions from our users

Denise

Deniseasked

FEJ520JFSX

The brushes no longer spin. The head makes an electronic ping sound when first turned on.

Vana T.

Vana T.asked

18V Smart Tech FEJ520JFS

Why does the battery light blink on and off after charging for so long? It won’t turn on at all and the blinking has stoppped.

Colleen

Colleenasked

18V Smart Tech FEJ520JFS

Please tell me what is wrong and how to correct the vac from just turning itself off After 30 seconds it turns off> I turn it back on and it goes for another 30 seconds.
Will not go on carpet at all. Have checked brushes and regularly clean well. What happens next?

mumoftwins

Are the brushes spinning? If not something is blocking them. If so it could also be a problem with the battery inside. Give B&D a call they may be able to assist you further.

Colleen

Colleenasked

18V Smart Tech FEJ520JFS

I bought one of these stick Vacs about 18 months ago. Love it! However the last couple of times even though it is charged up the vac just switches off. I do not even bother trying the mats as it will just cut out, Any suggestions on what is wrong with it? I want the same vac but do not want to buy the same if I get the same problem. I asked the Good Guys where I bought it but they only wanted to see me a new stick. Can you tell me what I have done wrong or what the problem is??

mumoftwins

Check that there is nothing caught up in the brushes.

Stevan T

Stevan Tasked

18V Smart Tech FEJ520JFS

After chargingfor5 hours I turned it one, After about 1 minute it turned off and only one of three battery light on. Turned cleaner on again, lasted about 30seconds before turning itself off again.

What is wrong with this unit.

Tl S.
Tl S.

Take it back they are a crap product

Kevin

Kevinasked

18V Smart Tech FEJ520JFS

How to stop filter dirt tray continuing popping open during use
Looks like a bad design fault not allowing to connect fully to main body via 3 small plastic pins
Has anyone got around this issue

mumoftwins

It will pop open if you haven't closed it properly. After cleaning the dust from the bin i usually bang it back in to make sure it doesn't pop out again. Agree could of been designed better but not a big issue.

Iggyasked

18V Smart Tech FEJ520JFS

My partner bought this product and it works great but the battery icon started pulsing so we took it back and exchanged it. The replacement had the same problem from the time it was first placed on charge. Is this common or just plain dumb luck. Seriously considering getting a refund and looking at another brand.

Kellie
Kellie

Mine did this after 5 uses..not Happy

Annie J.
Annie J.

I cannot find out how long the battery lasts before being recharged for a Black & Decker 18V 2-in-1 Allergy Stick Vacuum. Could someone tell me the answer please? I've looked it up in so many places, but all I can find out is that it takes 5 hours to recharge.

Molly
Molly

20 min run time

JohnE

JohnEasked

18V Smart Tech FEJ520JFS

When plugged into charger,Battery light LED continually flashing,
No charge appears to be held by device, vacuum not working
Only used the vacuum 6 times

Iggy

I had the same. Got a replacement. The exact same problem from the get go.

Tim T.

Tim T.asked

18V Smart Tech FEJ520JFS

Does anyone know where you can buy replacement filters?? I have had my vacuum for over 12 months and the filter needs to be replaced but I have been unable to find one
Thanks!

Diana

Dianaasked

FEJ520JFSX

Where can I buy a replacement battery? I would like to have backup as this vacuum cleaner is awesome.

Get an answer from our members and Black & Decker representatives