Black & Decker Dustbuster Flexi

Black & Decker Dustbuster Flexi (page 2 of 2)

PD1820LF-XE (18V), PD1420LP (14.4V), PD1820L, etc...

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

3.7

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (1) · No (2)
  • Battery Life
Abbyintransit

AbbyintransitSydney

Favourite appliance!

I bought this dustbuster to replace my old-school dustbuster. I love using the nozzle to get into difficult places (including the bench top) and it makes vacuuming the car and cleaning up after my 3 year old very easy. In my opinion, the suction is very good, even on carpet. I think the reviews depend to some extent on expectations. I might have been starting with low expectations, just wanting something better than the last dustbuster! This definitely fits the bill, and I've had no issues with it.

Damon. S.

Damon. S.

Excellent vacuum with only minor flaws

B KohGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Beautiful thing. Poor suction

Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Black & Decker Dustbuster Flexi compares to other Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

b0bbles

b0bblesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing waste of money

Pathetic performance for the price. Bought only to clean debris from window & door tracks. Barely picks up anything & the crevice nozzle is too big for the tracks although it seems quite narrow. So so so disappointed at the cost for a machine that's going to sit in the cupboard collecting dust instead of sucking it up like it should!

eyebrella

eyebrellaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

One of my favourite appliances

Excellent suction and wonderful for quick cleans of wood floors in the kitchen/dining room, especially after breakfast. All those crumbs! Compact, fast charging and long handle floor attachment is great. You MUST clean the filters regularly for best results but this is a favourite in my house. I have a second one, different model, in the laundry and would not be without it.

littlewheelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Super handy !

Bought late last year. Very happy with purchase. Suction is quite strong - far superior to any of the cheaper hand held vacuum cleaners which never lived up to my expectations. Easy to use, light, ergonomically comfortable and looks nice. I use it to vacuum along the skirting boards, windowsills, on my carpeted stairs, the car, small messes anywhere. It is not too noisy but sounds and is powerful. Easy to empty and put back together. It stores easily on a small shelf. Battery charger turns off when battery full - less fear of overheating. The charge seems to last a long time, although I tend to recharge straight after using it for longer times e.g. after doing the stairs. Best thing I bought in ages.

adiwSydney

Mixed Bag Result

adiw

Hi, thanks for following up. Much appreciated. I will bring it down to Godfreys asap for inspection.

Foris

ForisMelbourne

Better than my Dyson stick

RickO

RickOMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Got the Flexi this time.

Mum borrowed the first one I bought and keeps forgetting to return it, so I think I won't ever be getting that back. This time it's the PD1820LF-XE: 2 for the price of one small Dyson. Great for getting into tight spots in the car, around the sides of the seats and the centre console and over head jobs around the house but not as good as the previous one for whizzing over the carpet and large areas. Still the same good sucking power and powerful battery but watch how you put it back in the charging cradle, as it doesn't settle down on the charging contacts as well as the other model because the plastic key adjacent the contacts are not very tall. I leave the flexi hose off to the side while charging - works every time now.

Greg L

Greg LSydney

Excellent for a quick clean up.

Great for a quick run around to pick up crumbs, fluff, gravel etc. Quality is good including the floor brush and extension tubes which make it very versatile. Very easy for vacuuming the car. Only negative is the high-pitched noise.

Joey D

Joey DMelbourne

Is it perfection?

This little guy is pretty close to perfect. Just seeing it side by side with the Dyson dustbuster had me convinced. Its light weight, far more comfortable to hold, has incredible suction, easy to empty and with the handy 1.5m hose it reaches into everywhere!!
It's not exactly cheap, but it feels very well made so i think it will be a great investment in the long run.
This little guy makes dust busting a breeze. I could not speak more fondly of it...
Powerful, easy to use, compact
Loud

Scott

ScottToowoomba

My go to vac

I find i am using my main vac less and less. This small 18 Volt vac is not as powerful as my main cleaner, but the convienience of this little vac with excellent suction for a battery powered device has become my vac of choice. I can highly recommend this to anyone, you will be surprised how often you use it.
Convienience, adequate suction in comparison to main vac,
Needs extension hose and small foot

A M

A MPerth

Great buy!

Love this little hand held cleaner. Wanted one to vacuum my car as living on the first floor I can't use my normal vacuum cleaner so bought this. Didn't want to spend $200 on this but absolutely worth it. Powerful and handy. Can clean the drivers side, front passenger seat and one of the back passenger sides including floor and ceiling on one battery run.
small, handy, powerfull
battery doesn't last a full sedan car clean

Rik O'Chet

Rik O'ChetPerth, WA

Best Handheld Vac Ever

Purchased in September 2013 at RetraVision for A$200.00.

Noise Level
Battery Life
Product is used Several times a week
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Burnt-Twice

Agree that you get full power/suction right until the battery dies. It's almost like it gets unplugged. Most other hand helds slow down as the battery drains.

Burnt-TwiceAU

Great Suction, Very Robust Unit

Burnt-Twice

Follow up: It is like a dyson hand-held only 1/3 of the price and is also awesome in the house around skirting boards. Definitely worth it because most full size vacuums can't get into small spaces

Corinna_Howle-Quin

Corinna_Howle-Quin

Really happy

I was concerned that buying something so small would not be effective but I was pleasantly surprised. I have a toddler and a dog so little messes are frequent. As the vacuum cleaner is kept downstairs this little unit has been wonderfully convenient. Easy to empty. Fits beautifully under our sink cupboard.
The hose packs away neatly around the unit.. Compact.. Dust doesnt fall back out..Flexibe hose for tight spots.
a little noisy