Black Eagle 82cc

See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Powerful for the price

Bought this a couple of years ago and it has been great to use. I've gone through a few chains and two bars. It cuts large logs easily - 600mm in diameter. Perhaps not a professional quality tool, but great value for money for the occasional user who needs a bit more power than a 300mm Ozito. I'd get another one when this one dies.

Purchased in February 2017 for $179.00.

Crap

Didn't start at all no spark it was a dud only one star because you cant go lower tried multiple times to start it. I got it and it sat around for a couple of months because we had chemo for my son and it had to sit around but i dont think this is the reason it didn't start. I would never recommend one to anyone an unhappy customer will tell more people than a satisfied one.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Very surprising chainsaw for the price

I bought this chainsaw from https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/bargainsonline-australia on the 25th November 2017. The chainsaw is an 82cc, 5.5 HP 24" Bar. It came with a bar cover, 3 chains, though I think I should have only got 2 chains, it included a fuel mixer, a tool kit, goggles, gloves and ear muffs. There was a user manual written in English and I was given a 1 year warranty. I paid $179.

The goggles, the gloves and the ear muffs are all rubbish and if you are wise you will buy better quality safety gear or use your own if you have it. The fuel mixer is non de script but it is useable if you needed it. The user manual can only be described as woeful, it described features that did not exist, show photos that were not from this model and it also detailed a ways of doing something and two pages later it detailed totally different methods, some of which were dangerous. I know what to expect from a chainsaw and fortunately I know how to assemble and use one. The supplied manual would not be too helpful for a new user.

I have owned good quality chainsaws previously. I gave all my "farm tools" away when I moved to the city but after buying a new house on a larger block near a National Park, many of the tools I gave away needed to be replaced. I don't use these "farm tools" all the time so I'm not in the market for the best quality I need something that will do a job from time to time.

About the Chainsaw
It was hard to start initially but each time I started it after the first it began starting easy.
It states the noise level is 104dB @ 1 metre. I measured this to be 110dB which is actually 3 times louder than the manufacture claims.

Why the 4 stars?
The chainsaw performance was simply unbelievable for the price.
The supplied cutting chain was sharp.
The motor was powerful and did not bog down under load.
The bar or chain guide is well lubricated by the internal oil pump
The Unit does not over heat under load.

First use it cut a hardwood stump more than a 1 metre in diameter longitudinally or down the stump for a length of about 1.4 meters. I had to do that twice as the length of the blade is only 24" so I cut one side and then the other. The chainsaw did that in just a few minutes. The next day I chopped the wood from the stump into smaller bits for burning in a pot belly stove for a neighbour. There would have been enough to fill a small trailer. The total use to date has been about 4 hours of use nothing has given up or broken. I don't expect this unit to get lots of use but when a branch falls on my house or in my yard I have this tool that will do the job.

Overall
The Black Eagle 24" is noisy it vibrates but it is easy to guide the cutting. I know this is as not good as other chainsaws like my previous Sthil saw but it cost $1200 or more, this one will have a limited lifespan but if I use it only occasionally I think it will suit my purpose.

If you are in the market for a cheapie that will do the job, I recommend it.

Purchased in July 2017 at Bargains Online.

Safety

Used saw 1time didn't work after that took it to get it fixed worked once again I have had it only I week could you tell me what I should do to get this chainsaw working
Haven't heard from manufacturers yetSame here.....it's pretty useless... We eventually got ours going.....it works sometimes....we had to send the sellers a video on us trying to start it.....but we never heard back after thatSofty, under Australian consumer law a product must be "fit for purpose". It sounds like the chainsaw you bought was not. You should return it to the place you bought it from for a full refund of your money.

CategoryPetrol Chainsaws