Black Hawk Original Range

See the Best Dog Food in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Clean bowl every night!

My dog loves this - scoffs it down every night. Just be careful what on the amount you feed the need less than Hill Science diet. I didn’t realise this until we checked after our dog put on weight.

Purchased in September 2019 at Pet barn for $60.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Moving to another brand!

Used to use meals for mutts but only changed to black hawk as it was hard to source in western Australia. Since using black hawk my dog's used to like it now they blatantly REFUSE to touch it!? They are both now itchy and have the back end squirts. Never had allergies before nor are they fussy dog's. I raw feed at night but in the morning they get a cup or dry with the raw feed mix.
But even the new puppy is now itchy, won't eat it and has the back end squirts!
Will Not support this brand anymore. Very disappointed to pay so much money for something such poor quality.
What other dog food can I try?

Purchased in January 2019 at PetStock Physical store for $138.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects Yes

Top Notch Dry Dog Food

After having tried an array of quality dog food, Black Hawk stands out for its health, like and digest, ability. For fussy eaters and those amongst us who want our dogs to get the best meal product, then Black Hawk is the one!

Side Effects No

Great product, dogs love it but increasingly more expensive

This is one of the few products that will not upset my dogs tummies and is certainly easier than preparing it myself. Would otherwise rank as 5 stars but I have noticed the price steadily increasing across various suppliers in the last 12 to 18months

Purchased in August 2019 at Pet Circle for $103.00.

Side Effects No

Although it’s pricy, best food you can get for your dog.

Decided to try Blackhawk as with my previous dog I had him on supercoat - wish I had have tried it sooner! Due to passing of old mate to cancer we got the new puppy and decided to start him straight onto Blackhawk puppy chicken and rice. We mix it thru minced meat twice a day...He loves it!! He is one very healthy, strong pup! Although it’s pricy it is definitely worth it if you buy the large bags, lasts up to 6/7 weeks. Definitely recommend Blackhawk.

Purchased in July 2019.

Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Side Effects No

Black Hawk has everything my dog needs nutritionally ... my dog just loves the Black Hawk.

No adverse effects. My little bubble came to me one hell of a farting machine, different brands have not changed this ... advised this is an individual problem due to mixed breeding and it doesn’t matter what my dog is fed ... a minute or two walk in the yard clears any issues. Besides, the nightly fart is outweighed by the nutrition of Black Hawk.

Purchased in October 2017 at PetBarn for $83.00.

Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten
Side Effects No

Recommended by a family member who is a vet...but dogs won't touch these!!

Purchased on recommendation from our daughter a veterinarian. Sadly the dogs.. a pom and a moodle do not agree with her choice...can't get them to eat this no matter how much I try!!!

Purchased in January 2019 at PetBarn for $34.99.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects No

No more ear infection for my scotty dog on Blackhawk fish & potato

My 8yr old Archie loves Blackhawk fish & potato.
My vet said he’s in excellent health, spent $1000 on ear infections until I took him off all meat products, now just dry kibble, veggies, fruit, tuna & rice. Perfect weight for a scotty even though he loves his food and clean teeth thanks to a whole carrot each day.

2 sick Labradors

Thought I would try an Aussie all natural product, dogs loved the smell and the taste,
But after a couple of days I noticed them scratching my female lost a tonne of hair and all her skin was flaking poor girl it was horrible.
My male started eating grass and then vomiting also itching.
After a total of 9 days I took them off the food and back on to their original purina super coat and things are slowly getting back to normal.
So I would not recommend this food I have learnt a lesson if it works don’t change it.

My Mini Schnauzerz love it.

My dogs love these biscuits. As a dog owner I expect a holistic diet and the Black Hawk range provide wholesome biscuits with all natural ingrediants.

Great food for all dogs. You wont buy better

My German Shepherd loves it and is in perfect condition. Beautiful food. I just add a little MSM to complete the deal.

Find a better dog food. I'll wait

My German Shepherd x Husky eats a combination of Black Hawk Original Recipe (or grain free) with some pet mince from our butcher. He thrives on this food, he has a beautiful shiny coat and is very healthy. We occasionally babysit friends and families dogs, many of which bring mass produced supermarket brands. The dogs often arrive with average looking coats and often bad flatulence. 1-2 weeks on Black Hawk and they look healthier, the horrible flatulence is usually gone and they seem happier. I made another purchase today, 24x cans of canned food (first time buying) and a re-order of the grain free kangaroo. Aside from raw meat from the butcher, I won't feed my dog any other food after trialling many and finding this is far superior to all others. You get what you pay for.

EVEN FUSSY DOGS LOVE IT

i have 2 dogs, a bull arab x and a mastiff x ridgeback, my bull arab x has always been a fussy pup, never eating any other kibble i offered and flat out refuses tin foods. i figured all dog foods were the same and decided on raw food. i was spending around $80 a week and both dogs look like they could use more food, i was also getting stuffed around on service and quality.

recent events made it impossible to source good raw food, so i had to look at a kibble alternative. the price has always detered me from Blackhawk, but when i sat down and worked out how far a 20kg bag would last me, i realised it was approximately $40 a week! thats a 50% saving a week! it has NO wheat or cheap fillers in it, which both my dogs seemed to react to and get upset tummy's.

i purchased a 10kg bag to transition them and try them on it, both dogs have drastically improved, no longer seeming unhappy and are both very excited at dinner time! my fussy Bull arab actually follows me and waits for his dinner! he and my other dog have already shown a HUGE improvement and are happier and looking a little healthier. being that my Bull arab is a super active dog, the fat and protien in this is helping him gain some much needed weight. my other dog is also happier and both of my guys have a more settled tummy and better behaviour.

the only downside to Blackhawk Adult Lamb and Rice? i didn't buy it sooner.

My pups love it

For a treat I will give my dogs black hawk it’s great value money and my dogs just love it.

My veterinary surgeon yelled at me because of the state of my dogs teeth

I couldn't get my 2 year old dog to eat any of the other commercial dry foods,so I opted to just feeding her "My dog" canned food,until I took her for her annual check up & the vet noticed a black line on her teeth from Inadequate dental hygiene from not having dry food In her dietary regime.
I mentioned that to the vet that she's a fussy lil' basturd & that she refuses to eat the dry food I offer her.
I heeded the vets feedback though & found Black Hawk dry dog food at my local produce store.
Thankfully my dog loves both the fish & potato & the lamb & rice dry food & nowadays her teeth,body weight & coat all look fantastic

My doggies love it!

Currently using the puppy chicken, but next bag they will be on adult food. Both of my spoodles love it and eat it all! They love the size of the kibble compared to other brands we tried when they were younger! Will continue to use :)

Black Hawk is great and affordable!

We used Black Hawk for our puppy when she was getting tummy upsets and it fixed the issues quickly! We didn’t need to feed her as much as the cheaper stuff as it is a more nutritious dog good and it’s still very affordable! We have used some of the other flavours and even the grain free.
Our local Tucker’s store helps us with all her puppy needs and even loads the heavy 20kg Black Hawk dog food bags into the car! Amazing service. I think you can also buy online and have it delivered to your door www.tuckersstore.com.au
They always have so much Black Hawk feed available so delivery is very quick!
We love Black Hawk!

A necessity for your growing puppy!

My puppy loves the Black Hawk Puppy Lamb and Rice kibble. Great to know that it is Australian made with natural holistic ingredients. Her coat is so shiny and it is good for her teeth. My go to dry puppy food!

Black Hawk ideal for Mini Schnauzers

I own 2 Mini Schnauzers & have changed dog food products,especially in dry kibble. I was using the Royal Canin for quite a few years until I was told it wasn't Australian made. My Dog Club suggested to use the Black Hawk Dry Dog Food because they have great results in their dog's coat & health. I have tried the small bag first to see my 2 Mini's liked it first. Ever since then,the dog's health is much better & their weight is stable. Thank you Black Hawk for your great products.

Black Hawk Chicken & Rice Feline Biscuits

Switched from Royal Canin Kitten at 12 months old. No upset stomach and my ragdoll seems to love them more then royal canin. She has put on more weight and her coat is lovely and soft. Stools are firm as they were before. I can't fault them and the price is a lot better then royal canin. Black Hawk Feline Chicken and Rice is highly recommended by me.

Hi can any tell me why after 5 months of using Black Hawk Large Puppy Dry Food my Bull Arab puppy is getting extra soft to watery poo we take him of the dry food put him on Turkey and rice his stool go back to normal .Return Black hawk food into his diet slowly and as soon as he is on just the dry food he get runny poo.Hre has been on the same food from day dot thganks

My 4 month old lab has been on black hawk puppy and has developed bad diarrhoea that just wont quit.. have had her back at the vet twice and when we stop feeding the black hawk puppy dry food it clears up so must be the food. Has anyone else had tgis problem?
Hi, Same here. Our 4-month-old lab has a very upset tummy when he eats Black Hawk. We were advised by the breeder to go for it but poor puppy has been twice to see a vet and it is was prescribed with special food that soothes his tummy. Tried to put him back to Black Hawk and the problem comes back again. He is still on a special type of food and we are now thinking which one to use instead of Black Hawk. Any advice?Hi We have been using Royal Canin Hypoallergenic and the tummy problems have totally gone. We are going to try the blackhawk again after a full month on the RC and first sight of diarrohea returning it is going in the bin. I am going to try RC for labradors as my 2nd choice if the Blackhawk is a no.good. I am only trying it again as i have a $100 bag sitting there to use. RC have a guarantee to refund if food isn't suitable. We were using chicken flavour and vet did say that puppies can be allergic to chicken due to the amount of hormones added to it these days.but the can grow out of it.. Good luck as we know there is nothing worse than a puppy with diarrhoea especially if you are house training.

CategoryDog Food and Cat Food