Excellent value

I bought this tent back in 2011, and still use it nowadays. This tent has been through a lot - from sandy beaches to rocky mountains and not to mention a salt-water swim (I drowned my 4x4 on Rainbow Beach, QLD, together with the tent). There is some rust on the metal parts of the poles from it, and had to change the bungee cord inside this last year, but without any maintenance this tent still works perfectly. No water gets in, floor is still intact apart from one tiny 1/2" cut caused by a mistake, and takes less then 5mins to set up! Tent also has plenty of ventilation if needed, or can be closed up for colder times.

Review of Black Wolf Gobi

I bought 4 Black Wolf Gobis for my students. They have been very disappointing because at least one of the sections in a pole from each tent broke within a couple of nights of using them. The break was always near the top of the tent. We tried binding the break with gaffer tape but that didn't work. We have now repaired the affected sections with a repair kit bought separately. These sections seem to be much stronger.
Apart from that (major) problem they were excellent in the Kimberley heat.

Bad

Wouldn't buy a Black Wolf tent ever again. Not only because of the disappointming quality. But also because of the horrible customer service I experienced. I have emailed Black Wolf several times to discuss a refund/repair and after 2 weeks of emailing, I still haven't heard back!
Packs small, easy to put up.
Poles are terrible quality, broke after only 4 uses tore a 2 foot hole in my roof. Rings on zippers to open/close also broke after a short amount of time.