BlackWolf Mantis I

See the Best Tents in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BlackWolf? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.3
    Victoria
    Victoria

new version mantis 1

I bought the mantis 1 a few years back and loved it so much I upgraded to the mantis 1 new version..it has a stronger ground sheet and still cozy in the winter season...I stick with the green colour as I like to blend in with my surroundings ..I took it bike packing in Japan and it really was an asset to take camping...

Rohan
    Rohan

Well made tent, with large vestibule and

Other Tents

IanPerth

Great little tent

I bought one a couple of years ago, and have taken it overseas, on motorbike trips and out bush.

Well ventilated, but that does mean that its chilly in cold weather. Ok in hot weather. It fits me at over 6ft ok.

I have used it in moderate rain with no leaks, haven't used it in a big storm yet..touch wood.

I would like to upgrade to a lightweight dome style for more room for me to shelter in, but for the price of this I am very happy and will keep it for a while.
    light, well priced, looks cool :p
    A bit low for us tall people to clamber in and out of, especially in rain.

realmc26
    realmc26

I'm 2 inches shorter and I had it rubbing on my head and feet. How does it fit a 6ft guy?

Ian

It is a lightweight tent. It does for me ok, I keep my pack in the vestibule. As I said, not much room, I would want.to upgrade to a fancy dome. The black wolf bivy was too small, the mantis 1 is ok for me.