II, I
See the Best Tents in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BlackWolf? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.9
  • Portability
Steve
SteveSydney, NSW

OK tent for dry summer single person camping

Purchased in January 2018 at Ray's Outdoors for $350.00.

Rohan
Rohan

Well made tent, with large vestibule and

Other Tents

Lazza
LazzaSydney

Practical but a little too short

I'm 178cm tall and do find that the tent is too low at the ends and possibly too short. Ok if I'm the only one in the tent because I can lie diagonally but can be difficult to get comfortable if you're a back sleeper with two people due to the tent pressure on the feet and head.
Vestibule area is not big enough for my 48L pack but great for boots etc. Easy to setup, have not tried a setup in the rain as yet.
I will be using this tent for my teenage daughters and getting myself a longer tent.

IanPerth

Great little tent

I bought one a couple of years ago, and have taken it overseas, on motorbike trips and out bush.

Well ventilated, but that does mean that its chilly in cold weather. Ok in hot weather. It fits me at over 6ft ok.

I have used it in moderate rain with no leaks, haven't used it in a big storm yet..touch wood.

I would like to upgrade to a lightweight dome style for more room for me to shelter in, but for the price of this I am very happy and will keep it for a while.
light, well priced, looks cool :p
A bit low for us tall people to clamber in and out of, especially in rain.

realmc26
realmc26

I'm 2 inches shorter and I had it rubbing on my head and feet. How does it fit a 6ft guy?

Ian

It is a lightweight tent. It does for me ok, I keep my pack in the vestibule. As I said, not much room, I would want.to upgrade to a fancy dome. The black wolf bivy was too small, the mantis 1 is ok for me.

Tents

Find out how BlackWolf Mantis compares to other Tents

Good

Great little waterproof tent that is good value for money. I am glad I bought it, however I wish the side doors could have also had waterproof sides to help if erecting in the rain.
This is a very compact well made hiking tent that looks great and is easy to install. When it is packed up it takes up little space.
The tent pegs bend easily. (it is worth investing in some strong steel tent pegs.
Because of all of the mesh sides in the tent, expect the inside to get wet if you are unfortunate enough to have to erect it whilst it is raining.

TripWest2Perth
TripWest2Perth

One drawback of a yellow tent is the illusion that it appears to be daylight if you wake up in the middle of the night, The newer ones changed to green.

dane.knight