BlackWolf Tuff Dome

BlackWolf Tuff Dome

See the Best Tents in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good design but poles are rubbish

I have to agree with the other bad reviews below unfortunately. I really want to like this tent and I do like it a lot when it works. It's a classic, simple design, with good quality materials (mostly) and some good features such as the gusseted windows, plenty of guys with stowaway pockets, good standing room, good ventilation, and good weather protection, both wind and rain.
BUT the poles are rubbish. I have owned and used a lot of tents, both cheap and expensive, with both fibreglass and aluminium poles, and I have never had poles break like on this tent. We have used the tent almost every night for the last 5 months and the problems started appearing after just 2 weeks. First we noticed cracks in the poles, then they started just snapping. I managed to get a replacement pole from Black Wolf which means I have some spare sections, and I've need them. We're now up to 7 broken sections. And soon we realised the next major design flaw - there are at least 4 different size and style of section and that's just in the main poles. So we often need to get the hacksaw out to shorten a section or just chop off the split end of a section to get the tent up again.
Anyway, I'm no engineer but it looks to me like the aluminium poles are just too stiff, they don't flex at all like all the poles in my other tents do. There's too much stress on the poles, and not being able to flex they just snap. I'm not talking about bad weather either. Each breakage we've had has been in perfectly still conditions.
Oh and the two main zips are both stuffed. Seriously, if you're trying to make a high quality tent, don't put cheap no name zips on it!
It's such a shame because I would really like a good quality dome tent, but this is not it.

Change the poles

I work for a company that use these tents. They are a nice and large design with plenty of room to stand. I must agree with the other reviewer though in regards to the poles. We are constantly wasting time repairing the poles that instead of flexing like they should they snap and in some cases pierce a hole in the fly. With poles not being an item covered under warranty we waste money also on buying more poles from black wolf direct.