BlackWolf Turbo 300

BlackWolf Turbo 300

3.0

Don't be fooled buy the "lifetime warranty"

We have had the black wolf 300 plus for 3 years now and think the tent is great but.. the fly wire zips are rubbish, the second time we used it we started having problems and took it back to the retailer. We got all sorts of explanations from the black wolf rep like you pegged it out to tight or the way you stowed the tent put to much pressure on the zip. Anyway for a tent that you drop over a grand on I think it's pretty poor. What good is a tent if the fly wire doesn't work properly this is the first tent that I've ever had this sort of problems with including cheap stuff like Denali tents which lasted for years and years. Do yourself a favour and stick with the cheap stuff because this is certainly no better.

gruntre69

gruntre69Perth, WA

Still early but reasonable so far

Ecca68

Ecca68Ivanhoe East

Center Pole Hub mount system keeps failing, 1 pole keeps falling out.

I've used the tent twice per year with my family, I've had issues with center pole hub what a pain to pull apart and fix. Discovered its a manufacturing fault, (nylon/plastic body has fine cracks in it, allowing to bend and pole to fall out)
    No backup support, No reply to emails, Phoenix Leisure Group, Escape2 completely useless, don't waste your money.

Chris

ChrisMelbourne

Good tent, terrible warranty

Took on so much water. All taped seams failed after a night of rain.

Jodxom

JodxomMelbourne

Thia tent is a beast

Had 300 plus for 2 years now. Never has condensation or mould but we do sleep with the roof vents open. We camp in all westher conditions in Victoria.
    Have only pegged the whole thing down once. Spent the night in 60 - 80km plus winds at cape otway, was very noisy but tent stood strong.
    When wind swung to west on 3rd storm front we thought hell had opened up. Turns out it withstood a massive hailstrom and had a foot of Ice stacked against it.
    Amazing quality, is heavy but needs to be in order to provide such strength.
    Taking it to canunda this easter cant wait.
    Highly recommend.

colmack

colmackbalnarring

waste of money

bought turbo 300 2 years ago ,didn't use it for about a year ,6 weeks into a trip the door zip fell apart ,2 weeks later the fly ripped ,tried to deal with bcf and blackwolf ,kept getting run around so I gave up .ruined what should have been a good holiday , might as well take it to the tip .

Nathan

NathanSydney

Floor condensation

Great tent. But very very heavy

Daniel

Daniel

Been great for us!

GeoffC

GeoffC

WHERE can I buy a centre hub

So frustrated with my Black wolf. I dont have any problem with the stitching, fly screens etc but the centre hub is a nightmare. The Eliptical stick - Part 3 comes out at random times and it is a pain to get them back in. It really ruins the whole experience, especially when you pay over $1100 with the thought of trying to make camping easier with 2 little ones. I would definately not buy this product again, would be a different story if I could just find a place that sells the part I need, but no.

I want to love it, but it has been disapointing

I really love the design and ease of use. However the quality is just not there. We are currently in the middle of the Northern Territory on our around Australia family campong trip. The tent leaks and the zippers around entrance have failed completely. As I am typing this I am having a beer with the camper next door who also has the 300 model. He has the exact same problem. Not good enough Black Wolf. Even worse being in the middle of Australia with two kids under 4 and a failed tent.

CraigM

CraigMOrmond

Nice tent, terrible service

Purchased the Turbo 300 plus lite online in January 2013. Door flywire has developed runs in it so no problems - covered by "lifetime warranty". Yes but only if I send it away at my cost (35kgs of freight from Melbourne to NSW) and they will get it repaired when they get to it. For a $1000 plus purchase pretty shoddy service and I'm sure against Australian Consumer Law. But tough luck according to my place of purchase - LuggageGear.com.au

Great for all seasons

Easy to set up nd had no troubles in the rain. One reviewer mentioned troubles with plastic joins???? Turbo tents did away with those over 7 years ago.maybe u bought it second hand on gumtree and found that the lifetime warranty doesnt apply to you. Nonetheless, our T300 is standing up to the test of time.

Turbo terror

Seams leak. The silly plastic joints just cracked and even though replaced the new ones broke. The plastic is not designed to withstand hot conditions and also becomes quite brittle. I will never buy a Black Wolf as the whole tent ended up collapsed after the joins broke during a recent camping trip.

Turbo leaks at seams

Same issue. After 4 days of on and off rain the seams between the floor and canvas sides got saturated resulting in pools of water inside the tent. Not happy wife, not happy camping hence not happy Black Wolf!

Steve

StevePerth

We just love our Turbo 300 plus.

Great tent and excellent materials selection (tough materials = tough tent). Yes 35 Kg but certainly not an issue for my Wife and me. And yes the Turbo 300 plus is just for the two of us.
    If the instructions are followed and the tent is folded properly, there is plenty of room in the tent bag for all the equipment.
    We love our tent.

Rhonda S

Rhonda S

Awesome Tent

Brought the Turbo Lite 300. It is an awesome tent! Very quick to erect. The window gussetted side and the front door accessories we purchased are great and will make our. Camping experience a lot better. quality is amazing ! Will definitely recommend our family and friends to purchase Black Wolf products!

n-c-b

n-c-bVictoria

Can't Fault It!

Kholio619

Kholio619Sydney

Great tent, worth the money

Martin L.

Martin L.asked

Turbo 300

Have a new turbo lite twin 300. 2nd time camping and like it so far. However can’t zip the doors fully shut - have tried kicking around with the pole legs but no luck so far. Are there any tricks to this??

James
    James

I would normally peg the tent to the ground before popping it up - if it’s not zipping up I would adjust the tension of the floor.

Michael

Agree with James. Tension is the natural zip enemy.

John M

John Masked

Turbo 300

Hi, what’s the best way to minimise condensation. We have the 300 twin lite. Newest model. Thanks

Michael

Always leave air flow throughout the tent by leaving the gusset fly out and screen partially open. This will stop condensation build up in the tent..

Fergo

Fergoasked

Turbo 300

My name frame all the poles that lead up to the top pop out of the holes in the centre of the tent up the top how do you put them back in struggling