Black Wolf Turbo

Black Wolf Turbo (page 2 of 3)

300, 240, 450, 210

3.1

• Portability

Paul

PaulNowra

Has provided many years of good service

Ange M

Ange M

Lite 240 Plus 2017 Model

Yak Ngi

Yak Ngi

Well made, but quite small.

Daniel

Daniel

Been great for us!

Colic

ColicSydney, NSW

Great tent - so long as it doesn't rain and you don't want warranty service

2nd Tent - Still leaks in moderate rain!

So disappointed in our canvas 210 Turbo tent. you pay the premium for a product of high quality. Its just not good enough our first tent leaked in multiple places seams, through the electric pouch at the front. I returned the tent to anaconda which was a long and delayed process after they send the tent to the manufacturer ( black wolf) for assessment.

They ended up replacing it after multiple follow up phone calls over 3 weeks. We have had the second one for maybe 12 months never had it in more than a sprinkle of rain.
But, just returned from a weekend we had one night of moderate rain fall and it leaked at the seams.

Time to return it again!
Would never buy again.

GeoffC

GeoffC

WHERE can I buy a centre hub

So frustrated with my Black wolf. I dont have any problem with the stitching, fly screens etc but the centre hub is a nightmare. The Eliptical stick - Part 3 comes out at random times and it is a pain to get them back in. It really ruins the whole experience, especially when you pay over $1100 with the thought of trying to make camping easier with 2 little ones. I would definately not buy this product again, would be a different story if I could just find a place that sells the part I need, but no.

Second tent same issue

We purchases the 240 turbo tent and as we do a lot of bush camping and thought we would spend more for the quality. We used our tent for ten days around Exmouth when we noticed all the fly screen mesh in the fron doorway was fraying and then cover was rubbing bear near the top horizontal pole. On return we contacted BW who told us to send back. We waited over 8 weeks for the return but a new tent was given. We have just been camping for 5 days and yet again the fly screen is fraying and the seals leaked in mild rain.
We will be returning again but are not happy at all with the terribly low quality of this product, another great company selling out I feel.
Do not purchase these tents :(

I want to love it, but it has been disapointing

I really love the design and ease of use. However the quality is just not there. We are currently in the middle of the Northern Territory on our around Australia family campong trip. The tent leaks and the zippers around entrance have failed completely. As I am typing this I am having a beer with the camper next door who also has the 300 model. He has the exact same problem. Not good enough Black Wolf. Even worse being in the middle of Australia with two kids under 4 and a failed tent.

Matt

MattSydney

Never buying a Blackwolf product again!

jak daniels

jak danielsPerth, WA

Wow how woefull

f ing thing they replaced it.

An update to f king thing hate it. I had purchased tent through kangaroo tent city and I took it in to see if I could do a warranty claim.
Anyway a couple of months later had a call saying tent was sent to black wolf and they have decided to replace it

Hans Ignals

Hans Ignals

Black Wolf Turbo FS210: Badly fitting fly.

CraigM

CraigMOrmond

Nice tent, terrible service

Purchased the Turbo 300 plus lite online in January 2013. Door flywire has developed runs in it so no problems - covered by "lifetime warranty". Yes but only if I send it away at my cost (35kgs of freight from Melbourne to NSW) and they will get it repaired when they get to it. For a $1000 plus purchase pretty shoddy service and I'm sure against Australian Consumer Law. But tough luck according to my place of purchase - LuggageGear.com.au

Great for all seasons

Easy to set up nd had no troubles in the rain. One reviewer mentioned troubles with plastic joins???? Turbo tents did away with those over 7 years ago.maybe u bought it second hand on gumtree and found that the lifetime warranty doesnt apply to you. Nonetheless, our T300 is standing up to the test of time.

Turbo terror

Seams leak. The silly plastic joints just cracked and even though replaced the new ones broke. The plastic is not designed to withstand hot conditions and also becomes quite brittle. I will never buy a Black Wolf as the whole tent ended up collapsed after the joins broke during a recent camping trip.

troy

troybonny hills

f ing thing, hate it.

The light turbo material is thin and it leaks we have only used it 6 times. I have sprayed it with the water proofing stuff but the thing still leaks. The seam seals are all coming off, I have tears on the fly where you peg it.
I am not happy after spending so much money. Also trying to get service from black wolf to get these things addressed has so far been to no avail.

Turbo leaks at seams

Same issue. After 4 days of on and off rain the seams between the floor and canvas sides got saturated resulting in pools of water inside the tent. Not happy wife, not happy camping hence not happy Black Wolf!

Steve

StevePerth

We just love our Turbo 300 plus.

Great tent and excellent materials selection (tough materials = tough tent). Yes 35 Kg but certainly not an issue for my Wife and me. And yes the Turbo 300 plus is just for the two of us.
If the instructions are followed and the tent is folded properly, there is plenty of room in the tent bag for all the equipment.
We love our tent.

Bad Choice

Went camping and it rained. We seasoned tent before we left however it still allowed water to seep in the sleeping area. Once home, drying not easy at all. The frame is attached to the tent and once you get sides dry and roof dry, the floor also needs to be dried to enable safe packing up to avoid mould/damaged to tent. With frame you can't just flip tent over as the poles are not that strong. Ropes also need to be fully dried and they are attached to tent and have pockets on tent for storage. Very time consuming and annoying. Will not buy or recommend this tent to anyone. We are campers with over 40 years experience and worse tent we've owned. Will definitely be selling ASAP.

Martin L.

Martin L.asked

Turbo 300

Have a new turbo lite twin 300. 2nd time camping and like it so far. However can’t zip the doors fully shut - have tried kicking around with the pole legs but no luck so far. Are there any tricks to this??

James

I would normally peg the tent to the ground before popping it up - if it’s not zipping up I would adjust the tension of the floor.

Michael

Agree with James. Tension is the natural zip enemy.

Amy B.

Amy B.asked

Turbo 450

Hi

When popping up the centre we realised it wasn't clipped so now we are struggling to pull the centre back down.

Please help

James

We had the same issue. Used an esky or step ladder to reach into the centre and Re-hook it back in.

am1296

am1296asked

Black Wolf Turbo

How do people keep awning poles in place. Even moderate winds and poles lift out of place

Camper Man
Camper Man

Worst ever tent, change brand

James

I bought extra tie downs, small cup like feet and the awning still catches wind and lifts off the ground. The only option is to reduce the angle of the awning - yet this still catches wind. A design flaw in my opinion.

Michael

The ones that come with the tent are light on.