Black Wolf Turbo Air

Black Wolf Turbo Air

Plus, Twin
5.0 from 1 review

See the Best Tents in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

MelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic quality and SUPER user friendly

Patty

Pattyasked

Anyone having issues with air tents ripping out eyelet on awning, slightly bent awning pole? Ive used 16 nights on two trips and now advised its end of life and will provide a refund????

Mel

I have had 2 repairs on mine now, one was the eyelet on the awning, due to extreme winds, it was ripped out, the rest of the tent them deflated and abandoned for the night as it wouldn't have made it through, and the other was set up related, but a ripped side wall as it was blown up with a twist in the pole, the pole came apart from the tent.
I have found after 2 years of owning, it is not good in any wind, or during winter time as it is never fully sealed with the top section under the fly being open mesh, but fantastic in warm weather, still love the ease of set up, but I did have to borrow a friends tent for our trip up the coast as we couldn't be sure it would hold up if there was any wind.

Not good for you, but at least they are willing to provide a refund. good luck with the next tent!

Matt

Mattasked

recently purchased one of these tents. I found it took quite a while to erect, despite the air pole frame, but it was the first and only time I have erected one and I was on my own. The space is awesome, like really awesome! The quality seems pretty good at this stage. My one disappointment is that the internal windows are mesh only. There is ripstop blinnd and mesh main door, and the same on all the fly windows, but nothing on the two side and one rear internal windows?? WT?! So even on a summer night, things get pretty breezy inside there. There are large vent panels in the roof, so wind comes under the fly, in through the internal windows and thn those vents act like a chimney, quickly echanging air inside the tent. Which of course would be amazing in a tropical setting, but it sucks in an alpine setting I can tell you. Im not sure what they were thinking with this one. Just put the ripstop on the internal windows and give people the option!

JohnHasked

For some years we’ve been using a Blackwolf Turbo Lite 240 for our car based camping and it has given excellent service on our grey nomad adventures. The quicker erection time and less bulk (and larger floor area) of Black Wolf Turbo Air Plus Tent caught my attention as it is on sale. My question relates to reliability of air pole system. Does it lose pressure - say in cooler temperatures overnight - causing tent to sag? If you were camped for say a few days would you need to top up the air poles daily? With air mattresses we’ve found they lose pressure overnight because of cooler temperatures.

JohnH

I need to update my Q above of 6 Nov 2017, I went ahead and purchased BW Turbo Air Plus on 7 Nov. This was on basis of info from suppliers, my previous experience with BW tents and attractive sale price. Erected it in our backyard and it’s structurally sound after 2 nights in open with 4-25 deg temp range. So far the air pole system is impressive in terms of ease of erection and stability. It’s very similar to well-known BW Turbo Lite series – about same floorplan as TL 300 and with very good headroom, but there are some differences. I’ll post a full product review following field tests.

Johnny
Johnny

My poles have repeatedly failed and am sick of replacing them. Thankfully they appear to have discontinued airpoles from their range. I hope you hadn’t made the same mistake I did in purchasing before they discontinued.

JohnH

Recently sold Turbo Air Plus but had not experienced any air pole problems. The air poles held up well for 3-4 days but I usually topped them up at the 2 day mark. The pockets for the fly ropes were a bit on small side and fiddly compared with the pockets on our BW Turbo Lite 240.

For car touring we have reverted to our excellent BW Turbo Lite 240 (4yo) . It has proven more versatile in that we can erect in either of three modes: (1) without fly for a quick over-nighter (5min), (2) with standard "eyebrow" fly if weather iffy or (3) with excellent basecamp fly (no longer available) eg for 2 days of more and which effectively provides an enclosed vestibule for outdoor kitchen. With the Turbo Air Plus it is all or nothing because of the integrated fly. Only problem with Turbo Lite 240 is that package is 1.2m long because of internal pole structure which requires a bigger roof rack on our Forester.

Get an answer from our members and BlackWolf representatives