Blackmores Formula Newborn

Blackmores Formula Newborn

4.4

• Breastfed Child Yes (60%) · No (40%)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (100%) · No (0%)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (0%) · No (100%)
Holly G.

Holly G.

Great

Baby started drinking 1 bottle of this a night since 3.5weeks old, and hasn't had an issue with it since. She's now been drinking it for 3 weeks. It's easy for her to process, doesn't have a foul smell and doesn't leave her gassy. She now drinks 3-4 bottles of this formula a day (still has breastmilk in between, so you can definately mix feed with this formula). It is hard to find anywhere in store though, I have had to buy it online either through chemist warehouse or you can purchase it directly off blackmores website.

Purchased in August 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for A$29.00.

Steph

StephGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect

Can’t fault it. With my baby suffering from constipation and being on coloxyl drops since birth, we tried others and some specific for colic and constipation, but we found they were too diluted and she wasn’t satisfied after her bottles. We decided to try this one based on the positive reviews & we couldn’t be happier. So far it’s been just over 3 weeks, she hasn’t needed any coloxyl since, she’s satisfied & poops regularly. Both myself and fiancé are very happy, AS is the baby :)

Purchased in August 2020 at Chemist Warehouse.

Ashley

AshleyLaunceston, TAS

Wish we had used this from the start!

Purchased in June 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$25.00.

Avinesh Lal

Avinesh Lal

Best Formula

We have been using this product for over 6 weeks now. Definitely sticking with this formula throughout different stages. My baby is super happy and is loving the taste of it. Thumbs up blackmores

Julie C.Blackmores

What a lovely review Avinesh. If you have any questions for us, please give us a call on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia) or email advice@blackmores.com.au.

Shel

ShelGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This is perfect!!

Baby loves this formula. I was using another brand which left my baby very windy, he couldn’t sleep properly due to excessive wind. Since we moved to Blackmore, bubs loves it and he isn’t so gassy. Little bit pricy but definitely worth it.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Julie C.Blackmores

Thanks for your lovely review Shel, it's great to hear that your little one is feeling more comfortable. If you have any questions for us, you can call us on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia) or email advice@blackmores.com.au.

BelliniB

BelliniBSydney, NSW

Love this formula

Love this formula, was using another brand but bub ends up with bad gas and farts stinks. So swap to this, powder dissolve easy and no more stinky farts. Fair price product as well.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$26.00.

Julie C.Blackmores

This is so good to hear :) If you have any questions for us, you can call our advisory service on 1800 808669 (freecall within Australia).

Mary L.

Mary L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy baby what more can I say!

My baby had issues on NAN Opti Pro so I was looking for at alternative

Blackmore formulation is similar but not the same and I could see that from bubbys first feed she really enjoyed it. She just wanted more and more.
On Blackmore she has stopped screening between burps and can now take the bottle for longer between burps.
Shes now gone from holding in poos for days to soiled nappies at least 1-2 times a day

She’s so much happier thank you Blackmore!! Another great Australian company ...hard to find worth every penny!!!

Purchased in January 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store.

Julie C.Blackmores

Wow, what a fantastic outcome Mary. If there is anything we can help you with, please give us a call on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia).

Liis

LiisSydney, NSW

Smells and tastes closest to my breastmilk

Smells and tastes closest to my breastmilk compared to so many other formulas we have tried. Little one is also very regular and not constipated or straining just to pass wind as seen with other formulas. Dissolves very well, no lumps left behind.

Purchased in October 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Julie C.Blackmores

Wonderful to know Liis. Please call us on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia) or email advice@blackmores.com.au.

I have a newborn for 4 months we have been using the newborn formula as it is truly great, it is now out of stock!

It was perfect formula but so disappointed that it is out of stock as I trusted this brand so much!! Do you know how hard it is now to find a formula at 4 months old

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for A$28.99.

Mum
Mum

Thank you, but unfortunately selling it to China is not helping Australian families.

Emma

EmmaSydney, NSW

Great product!

My mum brought this for me while I was pregnant and I was unsure if I was gonna use it as a first time mum but I started using Blackmore formula occasionally to feed my son and I’d say his pretty satisfied with it

D_p

D_pMelbourne

Keeps baby satisfied for longer overnight

Baby (2.5mo) regularly drinks a between 115-135ml of a serving between 10-11pm as a top up feed. Sleeps til nearly 4am after that. The rest of the day she is on breastmilk, and I give her 1 bottle of formula per day as a top up.
Formula dissolves easily in warm water.
Was on sale a few weeks ago, so stocked up.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$19.99.

Julie C.Blackmores

Thanks for your review. If you have any questions for us, please get in touch on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia).

LynL

LynLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Creamy and loved by baby

Baby enjoys this in comparison to 2 other popular formula brands out there. Finishes the whole serve.
No noticeable side effects, perhaps she doesn't poo as often as when she is on breastmilk. Sleeps well after. Easy to prep, scoop is a good size (2 scoops for 120ml), so it's less troublesome than another formula which requires 4 scoops per 120ml due to a smaller scoop provided.
I would repurchase.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Online Store for A$19.98.

Hi Lyn,

Little Bub Loves it

I was very apprehensive of putting my third baby onto a milk based formula after my first baby have a milk reaction (I put my second Bub straight on to soy!). With my third Bub I started straight into this formula and never looked back. I thought I would be going through the dramas of trying three or four different formulas, but this hasn't been great from the start.
Very important for us that it is made in Australia.
Shame Woolworths has stopped selling it, but can buy at Chemist Warehouse

ISHA

ISHAMelbourne

Perfect

My kid started with another baby formula, which didn't suit her at all as she pukes just after having it every time. Then we started with black mores, luckily she liked this taste and loved drinking it. Obviously I read the reviews first as I already took the chance with the previous one which didn't worked well.

Sarai

SaraiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great find!

Julie C.Blackmores

We're happy to hear that your son is doing well Sarai. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 1800 808 669 (feecall within Australia).

Skye W

Skye WSouth East Queensland, QLD

The best

My little girl was a preemie, we had so much trouble getting weight on her and we tried 6 different formulas.
This one saved us, she is putting weight on and has no nasty side effects. Blackmores really nailed it with this 1. I am forever great full. Unfortunately Woolworths have deleted this line. Chemist warehouse here I come.

Aubs83AU

Fantastic formula but sadly Woolworths are deleting!

We love this formula. Our baby is happy and growing well. After noticing it’s absence on the shelves at multiple Woolworths stores i sent a message to Woolworths who have replied sadly with “unfortunately we can confirm the Blackmores Formula Stage 1 900g has been discontinued from our stores. We always want to provide you with the products you'd like to see on shelves first and foremost so rest assured we will share this with the team for consideration at the following range review. Never say never.”

There should be some process where parents are warned in advance about this. Very upset. We will have to start looking for an alternate.

Aubs83

Thank you for this info! We have a Chemist Warehouse not far from us so that’s great.

Horrible

This formula sneaks up on you. No newborn child or any child should go through the pain from this formula. My poor baby has been screaming for almost 2 days because this formula makes him so constipated. I’m a first time mum and not knowing how to help my baby and crying with him because he’s in so much pain.
Not impressed at all.

Leesha

LeeshaIpswich

Good but bad!

Dear Lessha,
Thank you for review. I'm sorry to hear that your baby has been uncomfortable. If you would like to discuss this with our infant adviser, please call us on 1800 808 669 (freecall in Australia).

Sherry

Sherry

Not for my little boy

I like it made in Australia and the good ingredients. Thought it would be great for my bub like most of reviews but it's just not go well. My little boy become unsettled and reflux a lot more than other formula. I feel bad to see him suffering from vomiting so after feeding this formula half day, I changed back to the previous one. My boy become much better again.

Dear Sherry,
I'm glad that your baby is feeling better again. If you would like to discuss this with our infant advisor, please call us on 1800 808 669 (freecall in Australia).
Regards,

Diana O

Diana Oasked

Formula Newborn

Hello. Can you please tell me the whey casein ratio for newborn formula? Thanks

Hi Diana,
The newborn formula is 60% whey and 40% casein.
If you have any further questions, you can call us on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia) or email: advice@blackmores.com.au.

Kate P

Kate Pasked

Formula Newborn

Hi Just wondering what is the whey to casein ratio for the infant stage one formula? I can't seem to find this information anywhere.

Julie C.Blackmores

Hi Kate, the whey to casein ratio for stage one is 60% whey: 40% casein.
If you have further questions, please call our infant nutrition advisory service on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia) or email advice@blackmores.com.au.

mumAbear86

mumAbear86asked

Formula Newborn

Hello, my baby is 2 months old and has been breastfed in combination with Blackmores Newborn Formula since around 3 weeks of age. For the past 3 days I have increased her formula intake and she is opening her bowels over 5 times per day. I suspect an upset tummy but this morning her poos are green. Is it normal for formula to make green poo and to increase bowel movements?

Nita
Nita

You'd have to consult your GP or local nurse for confirmation. I can say that my baby who has been on formula since a few days old has only ever had green poos and ticks all the boxes at the doctors office as far as happy and healthy goes.

Hi,
How is your baby now? There is a wide range of normal when it comes to the colour and frequency of baby's bowel motions but if you notice a dramatic change or are concerned in any way, I would suggest that you have your baby assessed by a doctor.
If you have any questions, I am here to help. You can call on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia) or email advice@blackmores.com.au.

Julie

Get an answer from our members and Blackmores representatives