3Blackmores Formula

Blackmores Formula Questions & Answers

Monica G.
Monica G. · Formula Toddler

My 19month old son has a mild eczema. Is this formula suitable for him? Has anyone tried to there baby with eczema?

Aanchal
Aanchal · Formula Toddler

FORMULA TODDLER
My daughter is 16 months old and has stage 3 formula 4 times a day is that ok? .and if she’s having 180 mls how many scoops should i give for stage 3 formula?

Blackmores   DM

Hi Ananchal, I believe that we spoke by phone regarding this question but I'd like to make the answer public here to help other people as this is a common question.
Toddler milk drink can be made up in increments of 57ml which is made with one scoop of powder (8.5g) added to 50ml of water.
50ml water+ 1 scoop= 57ml of prepared product
100ml water + 2 scoops of powder= 114ml of prepared product
150ml water + 3 scoops of powder= 171ml of prepared product
200ml water + 4 scoops of popwder= 228ml of prepared product

(Please note that this is applicable to Blackmores Stage 3 Toddler Milk drink only, stages 1 and 2 of the Blackmores Infant Nutrition range have different values for scoop size and water volume).

It would be best for you to speak with your health professional to check if the amount that your little one is having is appropriate for her circumstances as it really depends on each individual child's diet and nutritional status as to how much is best- and this is best determined by your little one's health professional.

If you have any questions about using Blackmores Infant nutrition products, I'm here to help and you can either message me directly, email infantnutrition@blackmores.com.au or phone us on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia).

Aanchal
Aanchal · Formula Toddler

Ali
Ali · Formula

Hi your Blackmore 3 toddler milk drink is halal certified?

Ankita · Formula

Hi
My baby is 5 weeks old. She is taking this formula but poo’s only alternative days. Also, she feels heavy, mucusy and uneasy after the feed. My Gp recommended to dilute the formula 150 ml (2 scoops) . Is it ok to dilute it?
She is also gaining excess weight with this formula which is my concern. We checked the ingredients and could not find out whey to caisin ratio? Researched and Gp thinks this formula is more soy based. Can you please advice

Ashley
Ashley

Hi Ankita, you should ring the advice line on the lid 1800 808 669. This is just a product review page where consumers post reviews. The first ingredient listed is milk solids and it even mentions cows milk on the back i dont think it has soy. My baby only poos every 2 days its not unusual. Does seem odd that GP suggested to dilute but ring the advice line is my suggestion.

Ankita

Thanks will ring the advice line

Ngoc Han I. · Formula

Hi. I would like to know about the color of milk powder. Is it yellowish or dark yellow. It will go under the water when we putting the powder in cold water or not. Please give an advice. Many thanks.

BelliniB
BelliniB

Yellowish white, more towards white u think. (from my perspective) it normally sits on top of the water till u shake it up

Ngoc Han I.

From my observation, it is totally different. Its color is more toward not yellowish white and it does not sit on top of the water till I shake it up. It automatically goes under the water. I wonder that whether it is a authentic product or not. Please give an advice on it. Thank you very much.

Blackmores   DM

Hi Ngoc, the change in colour is because milk is a natural product and it changes throughout the seasons, particularly in relation to what the cows are eating. Since we have had drought-breaking rains this year, the cows are eating lush green grass and this is likely to change the colour of the milk. You can see the natural variation in the milk because we don't add anything colourings to standardise its appearance. If you still have concerns, please get int ouch with me on 1800 88 669 (freecall in Australia) or email: infantnutrition@blackmores.com.au.

Ngoc Han I.

Yes i got it. Thank you very much for your information.

Ashlee L.
Ashlee L. · Formula

My 7 week old son suffers from terrible gas. He gets very upset a lot during the day. So far we have tried 4 different formula mama without success. Is Blackmores a good formula for sensitive little tummies? Im desperate!

Liis
Liis

I also tried more than hand-full different formulas, have found my 4m.old bb most suited to Blackmores newborn formula. Drinks it well, with regular daily poops. Mixes well and tastes better than the rest in my opinion. Even my other 7 yr old says she likes the taste and always wants her baby sis left overs....lolz! Only issue is the stage 1 for newborn is getting very popular now and may be hard to find. Blackmores has informed me that stock should come back in late December 2019.

Aina
Aina · Formula Toddler

Hi, my daughter have lactose intolerance. Is this formula suits her?

Blackmores   DM

Dear Aina, Blackmores Toddler Milk drink is dairy based and contains lactose and is not suitable for toddlers with lactose intolerance.
Please give us a call on 18008 808 669 (free call in Australia) if you have any further questions.

Sujatha
Sujatha

Even i think it is not suitable for ur baby.Better Consult your GP

Lisa
Lisa · Formula

My granddaughter is just over 2 weeks old, she started on Nan formula and was very settled but became extremely constipated Last Sunday my daughter changed her formula to Oli6 goats milk formula, she hasn’t bee anywhere near settled but up until today was having a bowel movement once a day. Today she seemed in a lot of pain when having a bowel movement even though it was quite pasty in texture - my daughter just doesn’t know what to do. My children were both bottlefed and had terrible trouble with constipation.

Mary N.
Mary N. · Formula

What is the whey/casein ratio in Blackmore's newborn formula?

Blackmores   DM

Hi Mary, it is 60% whey: 40% casein. If you have any further questions, you can call us on 1800 808 669 (free call within Australia) or email advice@blackmores.com.au. With kind regards, Julie

VRoggo
VRoggo · Formula

Hi, my little one loves Blackmores and just transitioned to Stage 2. I was curious as to why the dosage remains the same?

Blackmores   DM

Hi, great question! This is because around the age of 6 months, babies start to eat solid food which will slowly become more important than the milk drinks. The amount of milk baby takes decreases as the amount of food increases. If you have any further questions, please call us on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia).

Samta R.
Samta R. · Formula

Is it safe to use blackmores formula for newborn with combine breastfeed?

Blackmores   DM

Hi Samta, Yes you can use Blackmores newborn formula in combination with breastfeeding. It is important to know that giving your baby formula may affect breastfeeding, so it is a good idea to talk to a breastfeeding counselor or your infant health nurse about how to minimise any potential problems. If you'd like to talk about combination feeding and how it might work best for you and your little one, you can call me on 1800 808 699 (freecall within Australia) or call the Australian Breastfeeding Association on 1800mum2mum.

Danni R · Formula

Hi there my question is my daughter is 6 months old is fully breastfed but I'm changing her onto formula I have been reading so many good things about blackmores and I'm just wondering would I put her into stage follow on or the newborn stage? Sorry I'm new to this

Aubs83
Aubs83

My bub is 8 months and we are still on stage 1 (newborn). We tried stage two and she got a little constipated so our paediatrician said we could just stay on stage 1. It’s a great formula. I have sensitive tummy babies and struggled to find formula. This one has been a Godsend. I believe chemist wharehouse still stocks it so I’ll be loading up. I’ve also heard some Woolies have it marked down on clearance at the moment. Good luck mama!

Danni R

Yes woolies have it on special for $14.40 at the moment I got one tin will be getting another tin on Tuesday and yes daughter is definitely not constipated yet but I hope she still stays regular as she has food aswell

Blackmores   DM

Hi Danni, It is OK to use either stage 1 or stage 2 for your baby at that age. The main difference is in the amount of whey protein compared to casein. Newborn formula has more whey protein which is easier to digest, while the follow on formula has an equal amount of whey and casein which is slower to digest and is thought to help baby feels full for longer. Another difference is that some of the nutrient levels are slightly different to account for the changes in diet and nutritional needs that happen around the 6 month mark. My rule of thumb is to continue giving newborn formula at least until baby is 6 months old and to continue with this if baby has a sensitive tummy. If baby's tummy seems OK, you can change to follow- on formula any time after baby starts eating a reasonable amount of family foods (but ever before 6 months).

If you'd like to chat with me, please call me on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia) or email advice@blackmores.com.au.

Diana O
Diana O · Formula Newborn

Hello. Can you please tell me the whey casein ratio for newborn formula? Thanks

Blackmores   DM

Hi Diana, The newborn formula is 60% whey and 40% casein.

If you have any further questions, you can call us on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia) or email: advice@blackmores.com.au.

Kate P
Kate P · Formula Newborn

Hi Just wondering what is the whey to casein ratio for the infant stage one formula? I can't seem to find this information anywhere.

Blackmores   DM

Hi Kate, the whey to casein ratio for stage one is 60% whey: 40% casein. If you have further questions, please call our infant nutrition advisory service on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia) or email advice@blackmores.com.au.

mumAbear86
mumAbear86 · Formula Newborn

Hello, my baby is 2 months old and has been breastfed in combination with Blackmores Newborn Formula since around 3 weeks of age. For the past 3 days I have increased her formula intake and she is opening her bowels over 5 times per day. I suspect an upset tummy but this morning her poos are green. Is it normal for formula to make green poo and to increase bowel movements?

Nita
Nita

You'd have to consult your GP or local nurse for confirmation. I can say that my baby who has been on formula since a few days old has only ever had green poos and ticks all the boxes at the doctors office as far as happy and healthy goes.

Blackmores   DM

Hi, How is your baby now? There is a wide range of normal when it comes to the colour and frequency of baby's bowel motions but if you notice a dramatic change or are concerned in any way, I would suggest that you have your baby assessed by a doctor.

If you have any questions, I am here to help. You can call on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia) or email advice@blackmores.com.au.

Sonia
Sonia · Formula Newborn

Hubby got 4 cans.I know it will be over in a month as i have got twins but it’s getting expired in April 18 my concern is would there be any issue if the expiry is near

Charles
Charles

I wouldn't risk feeding anything expired to newborns. I feel that 4 tins would quickly gets finished for 2 newborns.

Blackmores   DM

Hi Sonia, Stability testing shows that the product behaves as expected up until the used by date. Provided the product has been stored properly, there should be no issues with using it up until this date. If you have any concerns about the freshness of the product prior to the used by date, please call us on 1800 808 669 (freecall within Australia).

Regards,

Sam
Sam · Formula Newborn

HI There,

I just need to know if Blackmores Newborn Formula halal ?

Regards,

Sam

Blackmores   DM

Hi Sam, Thanks for your question. Blackmores formulas are not Halal certified. If you would further information about the ingredients, please call us on 1800 808 669.

Nabsy Kennesy
Nabsy Kennesy · Formula Newborn

Hi,

I’ve been using the formula since my baby was a newborn and now we are on the follow-on milk. At the moment, we are finding it real hard to find the formula at coles, woolies and even chemist warehouse. Is there a shortage on this milk powder?

Blackmores   DM

Dear Nabsy, Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear that you have been having so much trouble finding the stage 2 formula.There has been an unexpected increase in demand for the product and Blackmores has responded to this by increasing production with new stock due in mid February. In the meantime, both the Newborn formula and the Follow- on formula are currently available from the Blackmores website.

If you continue to have problems finding the product, please contact me on 1800 808 669 and I will help you find a retailer in your area.

Trammy Pham
Trammy Pham · Formula Newborn

I heard someone told me Blackmore does not produce any more, almost exp 3/2018, only 4 moths left... is that true? Plz tell me know. Thank you!

Blackmores   DM

Dear Trammy, Thanks for your question. Blackmores is definitely still producing the infant nutrition range and has recently received new stock which should now be widely available from Woolworths, Chemist Warehouse and Independent pharmacies. If you are unable to find the products in your local area, they can be purchased directly from the Blackmores website.

If you continue to have problems finding the product in your local area, please contact me on 1800 808 669 and I'll find a stockiest for you.

Julie

Get an answer from our members and Blackmores representatives

Select a listing for your question
Blackmores Formula