3Blackmores Formula

83% · 12514 · 9%

Molly Hanna
Molly Hanna5 posts

The best formula

I tried 3 different formulas which were S26, Novalac and Aptamil before using tjis formula for my son. This was by far the best! He started sleeping longer during the day and night, was more settled and didn't experience any reflux. He also stopped throwing up as much which was great!

missymoo11
missymoo11Queensland59 posts

Excellent!

We love this, been using since it first came out. Easy on little tummies, mixes well no lumps. Obviously tastes good, as we have no problems drinking it. Great for fussy little eaters. Easy to find at Coles or Woolworths. Price is ok, usually on special somewhere, so I buy a couple when it is.

Hiba
HibaSydney, NSW2 posts

Disappointed

After reading hundreds of positive reviews, I was excited for my baby to try this formula in hopes that it would help with his reflux. Unfortunately he was one of the very few babies it didn’t work for. Since trying it, he’s been a lot fussier, vomiting more and has become constipated. Just disappointed that it didn’t help him like it has helped so many other babies.

Juliamc
JuliamcEDGEWORTh7 posts
  Newborn

I'd buy the developer a drink in gratitude

My housemate had baby #1 a few months ago and she was really gassy. She asked me if I could grab some formula from the supermarket. Upon getting to Coles I relised I had no idea what one to get and didn't have my phone on me. I went with the Blackmores as it was a name I truested for myself as I use their vitamins (plus I can always return it)

New mum was very happy with my purchase. She hadn't used it before but after 3 days said she was a convert. She said bub was sleeping better, was less gassy and just seemed happier in general. She has been buying it exclusively now

WynonaW
WynonaWMelbourne5 posts
Cassandra
CassandraIpswich2 posts
  Verified Newborn

Great for my baby!

I love how easy this is to prepare! It doesn't froth up and my little miss took to it from day one! She does get gas but I am not certain that is from the formula and it is not in any way excessive. To be honest her gas was worse breastfed then on formula. She hasn't once spewed this up and never gets an upset tummy from it. She is prone to eczema and has no reaction to this at all. Overall I love this formula and wish I had found it with her 2 older brothers who had issues with another brand.

L F
L F13 posts

We only lasted 24 hours

I wish I read the negative reviews because my baby experienced the same. He became very spewy and after only a day on this formula, he could not sleep because he was in so much pain. He would scream and then do a massive burp, even after being properly burped. He slept half an hour over the whole day and he's only 12 weeks old, because he was so uncomfortable. I know all babies react differently to each formula but this was by far the worst we've tried.

Sharv
Sharv6 posts

Baby loves it

This baby formula is pretty good and my little niece loved it. Easy to prepare, milky and smells so yummy. It has all essential vitamins a baby needs. Baby does not bring it back up. She seemed to absolutely love it. This formula is same effective as other brands and this brand is half the price of other expensive brand.

Mishu
Mishu4 posts

Excellent formula, Love it

As an Australian my first choice and trust would be our own product. I know this formula is new in this industry. But what an invention!!! Silky milk, smells so yumm. Has all essential vitamins a baby needs. I will recommend everyone to try this.

But one thing is upsetting, company should supply more to retailers. That's it.

Hope they will do that.

Nita
NitaSydney9 posts

Really great quality

Was really happy with this formula and would recommend it to anyone wondering if they should give it a go. Easy to prepare, my baby ate all of it and ice mixed, it was heavy enough to keep her sated & asleep through the night. On this formula my baby ate less often but would have more in one sitting, usually finishing the whole bottle prepared and sometimes needing another one. Bubs was more settled, happy and gained weight steadily with Blackmore's.

Cait
CaitAU5 posts

Liked it

Used this Forumla with both my breastfeeding babies. I Breastfed to 10 months with both children, and used blackmores every now and then when needed and then the next stage up for weaning. Both children had no issues from drinking breast to drinking blackmores Forumla. Was happy with this product. No reflux for them at all. Was even better when I found it on special too haha

DL1018
DL1018Sydney4 posts

Mix feeling

This formula is so easy to prepare. It dissolves really well in water compared to the other brand. I was given one can from a friend to try as I heard a lot of good comments about it. However, my toddler doesn’t seem to like the taste of it for some reasons, so I have to switch it back to the other brand..

fkn_ace
fkn_aceBrisbane4 posts
  Verified Toddler

my toddler likes it - the nutrition stats seem good

we chose this one as it's nutrition stats seem better than others. It's easy to prepare - one scoop per 50ml of water. They include a scoop in the tin. My toddler likes it. My toddler hasn't had any ill effects from it. win win. We'll continue to buy this brand as it 'does the job' and we see no downsides. usually get it for around $16-18.

Staccamaracca
StaccamaraccaRobina4 posts
  Verified Toddler

Best toddler formula out there

I purchased this formula after reading great reviews and am happy to join them. My toddler loves having a bottle of this before bed every night. It mixes really well and isn’t too expensive. It can be purchased on special for $16 a can which is great value imo. Highly recommend.

Brisbee
BrisbeeBrisbane13 posts

Great formula

I initially bought this one for my newborn to change from S26 Gold that I was using because it was too rich for him. It was easy to prepare as it was the same with S26 Gold. I was worried if he wouldn't like the taste with another brand but he had no problems taking the bottle and had less puke so it was great! Didn't notice any side effects so I continued feeding him till he was six months old.

muskie
muskieBrisbane6 posts

No issue for my baby

We got it for free in baby expo. My baby dosent like to dress no it on it own but I mix the powde with weetbix she will take it. No sid3 effect in her but she only take 100 ml a day, preparation is easy just like other ba. Formular

Charles
Charles8 posts

Excellent one

I bought this formula for my newborn nephew as it was on special at one of the supermarkets. It was reasonably priced compared to the others on the market. The formula was easy to prepare, baby nephew loves its taste and no side effect no problem at all.Would highly recommend

Bevy
BevyPerth, WA5 posts

Affordable alternative

I bought this formula for my newborn as it was on special at one of the supermarkets. It was reasonably priced compared to the others on the market. The formula was easy to prepare, you only need room temperature water. My baby enjoyed the taste, and drank it with no side effects. It is readily available at supermarkets and chemists.

ELYSE
ELYSEBaulkham hills51 posts

Kind of strong smell

A couples months ago i was looking for a new formula for my daughter and bought this one. Happened that the smell of the powder is kind of strong. My daughter couldn t stand it. So i guess, it s ood for kids who are on the stage 2 already but not really adapted to toddler who doesn t like strong smell.

Iqbal
IqbalMelbourne13 posts

Perfect

This is best formula easy to prepare my baby loves its tasre no side effect no problem at all i switches nan to this formula but it was excellent best for my baby happy tummy easy to digest easy to prepare good taste goid quality highly recommended fir all mothers

Stev
StevNSW, 20005 posts

My kid loves this

Easy to prepare; just need a little swirl. This is the first formula that my kid tried and he seems to enjoy it.

It smells good and tastes just a tiny bit sweet.

Bought this because it's from Blackmores and they are famous for the supplements.. so I assume their formula is good.

Ashwood Sale
Ashwood SaleMelbourne6 posts
  Newborn

Perfect for baby with colic. Well-priced

Tried many different baby formulas before we landed on this product. This product was perfect for my daughter who had colic when she was a baby.

Baby loved the formula and did not cause constipation or spewing.

Easy to prepare and well-priced, highly recommended for fussy-formula-drinkers and baby with colic.

rena421
rena421South East Queensland, QLD10 posts

Blackmores - really good formula

I've found Blackmores formula to be very good. My son has had no dramas and enjoys it a lot. There is a smoothie recipe on the can which is quite handy. The only difference was that I was used to using 1 scoop of formula per 60ml and Blackmores is one scoop per 50ml of water.

I K
I KAdelaide6 posts
  Newborn

Very happy with this formula

Formula is easy to prepare, measurement aid included in the tin.

My baby takes it well as used as a top-up after being breastfed. Baby does not bring it back up. Baby takes a bit longer to digest it and pass it through than breastmilk but I understand that’s normal when using formulas.

Baby has had good, healthy weight gain with this formula.

bobby
bobbymelbourne6 posts

Chep and the best

We have used few different brands of baby formulas in past 18 months, most of the good formula they are very expensive, and results are good as well but this formula is Same effective as other brands or I would say other expensive brands and this brand is half the price of other expensive brand.

unfortunately we can’t find this brand anymore in Australia..

Bek
Bek

Blackmore follow on formula

This baby formula gave my baby diarrhea. I was quite disappointed with this product.perhaps it has too many added vitamins and minerals? My baby drank it but had no solid stools. I do not recommending this baby formula. It seems to be too rich. We will not use it again.

charmed_one
charmed_one8 posts
  Newborn

Great price but terrible for constipation

It's hard to say this was just applicable for our child but we had been using Aptamil since birth for our little one and she was always fine. We switched to the Blackmores newborn formula and realized bubs became terribly constipated. To the point it was painful for her to pass stools and when she did, there was a bit of blood from tearing. Switched formulas back to Aptamil and have had no problems since. It';s a shame because the Blackmores is so much cheaper though :(

Sev
SevBrisbane64 posts
  Toddler

It's very tasty (have tried it myself) and has all of the vitamins and minerals needed

Bought a couple from coles as they were reduced to try them out - seem like a very good quality, could be used for shakes as well as toddler's formula is quite sweet, some people also replace their sports supplements with this. Smells and tastes very nice. Highly recommend. Since blackmore's produce vitamins it should be all good on the multivitamin's side of it as well.

Diogo
Diogo8 posts
  Newborn

Good

Frequent breastfeeding will provide nipple stimulation and help to increase a mother’s milk supply to meet the needs of her growing baby, so it may be difficult to return to full breastfeeding if parents decide to partially formula feed a breastfed baby. So this is a great product, I recommend

Miss B
Miss BPerth4 posts

What an amazing formula!

I’m mainly breast feeding my baby, but he feeds A LOT which makes it hard for me to get any rest at all, he’s a super hungry baby, so I got myself a tin of blackmores newborn (I take blackmores vitamins, so I already trust them) to feed during the night, At first I thought 60ml per one scoop of formula was going to make the water super thick.. just the opposite! It blended so fast into a silky milky drink! Gave that to him just before we all went to sleep and he stayed asleep for 5 and a half hours!! Normally I get a good 2 hour gap before he stirs again! He seemed to absolutely love it and it gave me and my partner a longer sleep.. thank you blackmores!! Best formula ever!!!

Chiefyboy
Chiefyboy South East Queensland, QLD5 posts
  Newborn

Wish I had of tried sooner

As a new mum I heavily relied on what was recommended to me but my baby just wasn’t taking to the popular brands.

I called the Blackmores hotline while comparing brands in the supermarket as I had a few questions. They were so helpful and I purchased the formula. Never looked back.

This tastes so much better than competitor brands and I now realize why my baby didn’t like the taste of the ones I originally tried.

Mum of One
Mum of One2 posts

Great toddler formula

This has been a great formula for my daughter. The transition from breast feeding to formula feeding at 14 months was made easier with this formula. It isn’t clumpy and has a smooth consistency. It didn’t give her any wind/stomach problems and it seems easily digested. It’s a really nice, gentle formula for toddlers.

Iryna
IrynaMosman7 posts

Great brand

I trust Blackmores brand for many years buying vitamins and supplements. And my older son who is turning 2 in November has been liking it from the age of couple months. First we tried Stage 1 for newborns then follow on formula and now are using formula for toddlers. I wish Blackmores had Stage 4 for juniors too.

Iryna
IrynaMosman7 posts
  Verified Newborn

Good substitute for breastmilk

I'm familiar with Blackmores brand for many years and almost 2 years I have been feeding my older son with Blackmores formulas. Now I introduced it to my little bubba who is only 3 months old. And definitely he likes it too. Great taste, affordable price, no problems with little tummy and pretty easy to prepare

Oleh
OlehNSW, 20886 posts

Yummy

I'm a grandpa for 4 kids and I have a huge experience in buying formulas. Every child has his own preferences so we tried many brands and I can say for sure that this formula is one of the best. Very yummy, nutritional and pretty easy to prepare. Highly recommend

SandyS
SandySMelbourne9 posts
  Toddler

Pretty good formula without the hefty price

Easy to prepare with clear instructions. My son does whom does not drink formula loved it and very versatile for making milk smoothies too. No side effects and no hard stool which can be a problem with formula. This is a great go to formula when fresh milk is not an option (e.g. traveling) or even when its way too cold for cold milk.

My K
My K5 posts

Perfect for my Bub

Feeding my Bub from 2 week old because of breast feeding problem. Do not have any issue . Keep going to use it as high recommend for the mother who has troubles with breast feeding . At the moment my baby just drink 90ml although she is 2 months old. Does anyone know that enough for her or not because her doctor told me try to feed her 120ml .

Maksym
MaksymMosman5 posts

Great formula

My baby started with Blackmores Newborn formula, then when she turned 6 months we switched to a follow-on stage 2 formula and now when she is over 12 months we use a toddler formula stage 3. I am sure that this formula is the best for kids - it is tasty, contains a great range of vitamins and minerals

Svitlana
SvitlanaMosman11 posts
  Verified Follow-On

Great baby formula

I started feeding my baby with Blackmores Newborn Formula. She liked it very much. So when she turned 6 months we switched to Blackmores Follow-on Formula stage 2 that is specially designed for babies 6-12 months old. Great taste, lots of vitamins and minerals. Highly recommend.

Svitlana
SvitlanaMosman11 posts

Best formula

My little daughter didn't like any infant formulas, she wanted only breastmilk. I tried many different brands and finally I have found Blackmores Formula. I think it is one of the best possible formula - easy to mix, tasty and rich in vitamins and minerals. Highly recommend this baby formula.