4.2

81% · 6912 · 14%

LittleDCJ
LittleDCJAU114 posts

My husband is a pharmacist so he started me taking these when we started talking about trying to conceive. Once I was pregnant and morning sickness started I struggled to take these are the capsules are very big. Once morning sickness eased I was okay and continued to take them after birth and until my child weaned from breastfeeding. The Blackmores formula provides all the nurtrients required for a pregnant and breastfeeding woman and also helps the developing foetus and breastfed child. This is the number 1 pregnancy vitamin that my husband recommends to customers in his pharmacy.
Contains fish oil
Very large tablet, hard to ingest when suffering morning sickness
proudmummy
proudmummy59 posts

Good

My doctor recommended I take these multi vitamins as they contain the full range of vitamins and minerals including fish oil (apparently a lot of other supplements don't contain fish oil and it is very beneficial for your developing baby). I only managed to take these supplemlents for the first three months as I found that they were just too big and made me gag.
Contains fish oil
Very big - hard to swallow
Chello
ChelloBRISBANE6 posts

There is better vitamins out there

Blackmores was the first vitamins I took when I fell pregnant, however I found them to be very expensive and they smelt horrible.

When I finished them I looked around for another vitamin and found Swisse pregnancy ultivate one a day. They were cheaper, smelt better, only have to take one a day and they contain fish oil.
You can find them everywhere
Expensive

Mummydearest
Mummydearest32 posts

I was using Elevit prior to this. After seeing my OB, he suggested that I switch to Blackmores instead as this has iodine and a few more extra goodies that Elevit doesn't have. With Elevit, I have had a problem with constipation. This went away as soon as I switched to Blackmores. I have used Blackmores until after giving birth well into my breastfeeding days. This has been highly recommended by all of the people in the medical profession that I have seen (OB, GP, midwives and nurses).
Cheaper than Elevit and it contains iodine (which elevit that does not have) which our unborn babies need for brain development
none really. some people have complained that the tablets are bigger. However, their smooth design means they go down easily.
furious
furiousAustralia22 posts

After having a horrible time with using Elevit...I switched to Blackmores with great success. Not only did my morning sickness leave, I also saved a fortune as Blackmores is cheaper. I reccommend this to any woman needing it.
Great product at a reasonable price.
Nothing to dislike.
chezryl
chezrylMetropolitan Adelaide, SA194 posts

Good

I started with these tablets as they have the fish oil which some other leading brands don't. However in the end I could not swallow them without gagging and then vomiting as they are so large and you need to take two. I would have to get my husband to distract me to help me not gag. I am not one normally to have difficulty taking large tablets. I went onto another brand for the remainder of both pregnancies and then used them up during breastfeeding.
Contain fish oil. Easy to use bottle that comes in a large size to make it cheaper to buy.
The tablets are large and I had morning sickness throughout my pregnancy so I had to switch to another brand.
Summer81
Summer81NSW6 posts

Reliable for use

I feel like I didn't have any morning sickness as I had this pills continually. It includes many useful ingredients for baby n Blackmore is reliable company
Reliable
Tracky1974
Tracky1974AU74 posts

Good

I would recommend this product. Contains fish oil which is good for the developing baby. Also cost effective and easily available.
I have used this product during both of my pregnancies and am currently using as we are trying for a 3rd. I have found the product to be easily digestable, leaving no unpleasent aftertaste. Readily available in chemist and cost effective. With Blackmores products, I know that I am getting a good quality product. Also comes in a bulk "trimester" pack, adding to the value.
You have to take 2 large tablets, making it difficult for those who do not like swallowing tablets.
marieteresa
marieteresaAustralia15 posts

Its best to buy the large tubs because they run out too quickly otherwise and it works out cheaper. I also keep an eye out for deals at chemist warehouse. Overall I think these supplements are worthwhile because they contain all the nutrients you need for a healthy baby and you dont have to take anything else. Which is helpful when you are rushing in the morning with a baby. All you need to take is 2 with water every day.
Great supplement for taking throughout. I started taking them whilst trying for a baby and I am still taking them 1 year later because I am breastfeeding.
sarahwwww
sarahwwww111 posts

I took these all the way through pregnancy and continued whilst breastfeeding. I found that I just felt so much better when taking them. Priceline sells them in the large quantities (for one whole trimester) which really is a money saver.
You can use the same product through pregnancy and then through to breastfeeding.

You can buy in large quantities (enough for one trimester)and save money.
Blackmores are really very large tablets and u need to take two a day, I found them quite hard to swallow especially when you have morning sickness.I was taking one at night and one in the morning, but kept forgetting.

tas81c
tas81c40 posts

I was using Elevit but it upset my stomache ever since I have been on Blackmores and have continued using it whilst I breast feed. Althought the tablet are large this doesn't bother me but may bother others.
Love it! Cost effective and no side effects!
Nothing...some might be bothers by the large size of the tablets.
west3030
west3030vic, 3030117 posts

I have just switched to Blackmores I was using another one while I was getting my pregnancy confirmed. I guess it gives me peace of mind that the baby is getting all the vitamins and minerals that they need to develop properly. I found it easy to take and I like that you can use for when you are breast feeding
Trusted brand one of the ones that doctors recommend. Contains iodine which on of the very popular brand Elevit does not.
i thought it was a bit pricey but most of the pregnancy supplements are, would be good if you could buy them while they are on sale.
Renchan
Renchan28 posts

I used this product for my first and now second pregnancies, as well as the entire time I was breastfeeding. It contains everything that you need for the development of your baby, including folate. I usually take each tablet when I clean my teeth, which is usually just after breakfast and dinner, so it is no problem having to take two a day. I think it is probably better taking two, so you get two hits of vitamins, rather than one big dose.
Good for baby's development and can continue to use whilst breastfeeding - Don't need to change product.
Expensive taking vitamins throughout pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding, but can always purchase on special.
amanda_01
amanda_01South East Queensland, QLD119 posts

Good

I switched to this from Elevit at the end of my pregnancy for no reason other than I got it really really cheaply. It was a bit of a pain having to take two tablets rather than just the one, but at the end of that day that's not that big of a con. It did make me more 'blocked up' than the elevit did though, even though the Blackmores contains less iron than the Elevit.
Contains iodine. Is often available on special
having to take 2 tablets rather than just the one. Levels of some nutrients are not as high compared to Elevit.
heytherek
heytherek369 posts

Overall these tablets appear to have everything you need to give yourself a boost while pregnant. I believe it is important to take a pregnancy vitamin and these tablets appear to tick all the boxes of what you need.
Feels like you are giving yourself that added necessary boost while pregnant or breastfeeding. This product contains added iodine and gives your diet a boost . Often found on special at the supermarket. Comes in large bottles making it cost effective to use throughout pregnancy.
The capsules are quite large and you need to have two which often seems like a lot.
shopaholic11
shopaholic1116 posts

I really like having an added boost and ensuring that my baby's development and well being is supported by having these supplements. I originally tried a few other products but like these best due to what is in the tablets, the price, the ease of taking both tablets once a day and the bulk sizes you can purchase. Will be continuing to take them while breast feeding.
Compared it with Elevit and this has Iodine which is essential for baby's growth. Can usually buy the 180 pack (3 months worth) on special.
Having to take 2 tablets a day but I usually have both just before bed so not a huge con.
Pregnancy Supplements

Find out how Blackmores Pregnancy and Breast-Feeding Gold compares to other Pregnancy Supplements

ejmjrj
ejmjrj7 posts

Good

I didn't try any other tablets, as blackmores was recommended to me by my doctor and also a few of my relatives. But I really do believe they help in giving those extra nutrients we may not always get enough of while pregnant and breasfeeding. It is so important to me that my baby isn't missing out on anything that will help his development.
Great addition to a healthy diet while pregnant & breastfeeding!
Capsules always stick together and to the bottom of the jar.
mariposa2012
mariposa201218 posts

Value for money and works well. I have 2 really healthy babies and Im sure this vitamin had a lot to do with it.
Great vitamin, easy to find and affordable. Even if you are really morning sick this brand will usually stay down. I like that its ideal for breastfeeding too.
marfieonline
marfieonline58 posts

Tanya
Tanya33 posts

Great supplement to cover the bases, nice that it's the same in pregnancy as well as breastfeeding as it means that you can take advantage of fantastic bulk buy specials. Look out for pharmacies offering 2 for 1 on 180 capsule (3 month supply) packs, buying the biggest size definitely makes it a lot more economical
Has all the vitamins and minerals required, plus iodine. Often on special at the supermarket and chemists. Pink 180 capsule screw top container is useful for storage when finished
When not on special it can be pricey, told by the hospital nutritionist that I also needed to take extra calcium and iron daily
NewYearsEve84
NewYearsEve84Australia

A very good vitamin supplement from a very good company, has extras that Elevit does not, not as pricey and available everywhere, unlike Elevit!
Has many vitamins and minerals, Contains IODINE (Elevit does not), I like taking the 2 capsules (Some vitamins in the morning, some more vitamins in the evening!)
Doesn't have the reputation or "mothers group approval" of Elevit, but hey who cares what they think, its good for bub!
Alshandra
Alshandra23 posts

OK

Readily available (I bought mine at Coles). The price isn't too bad - but much better if you get them when they're on special. 1 packet (60 tablets) lasts one month as you're supposed to take two a day.
Contains a range of vitamins and minerals and the price isn't that bad.
The ginormous tablets!
rwright75
rwright7515 posts

Good

I think you get everything you need at a reasonable price. THey are readily available (have had trouble with other brands finding a chemist with stock!).
Seems to have more in them than other products and is also very well priced
Hate the size and that you have to take two of them
katpaul
katpaul251 posts

this is my pre natal of choice. has iodine for baby brain development, folic acid to help avoid spina bifida and vitamin d3. Available at a good price in chemists and supermarkets. often comes on special so worth keeping an eye out for them. this is a quality brand - i feel i can trust blackmores. I'm not too fond of having to take two very large capsules for my pre natal but I feel it's something I can live with.
a good quality multi vitamin for pregnacy support. has iodine added and vitamin d3 that a lot of other vitamins do not have.
two tablets a day
ashtonsmum
ashtonsmum34 posts

overall a good product. This one worked best for me and didnt cause constipation like the others I have tried. These were also easy to buy - most shops/supermarkets sell them.
not a bad price - comparable with others on the market although it did have vitamins the others didnt
tablets were huge!!!
LJ588
LJ588NSW, 275657 posts

easy to purchase these tablets while your are doing your grocery shopping, i took them throughout my pregnancy and would do so in any further pregnancies
easy to find and purchase, can buy in different sized bottles, reasonable price, easy to take

pickled_possum
pickled_possum28 posts

I have been using this supplement since I fell pregnant with my first child. I tried Elevit for 3 months but it was a little too pricey for me. So my GP suggested this and I have used it with both my boys while pregnant and breastfeeding and now again with my third pregnancy. The only thing I find is that during my pregnancy my iron stores are a little low and I end up having to take the extra iron supplement.. but that's just me. Great product.
The price is right. It has all the necessary vitamins and minerals my body needs during pregnacy and breastfeeding.
bigfatpig
bigfatpig73 posts

Good

It's got all the goodness a pregnant or a breast-feeding mother would need. It comes in various sized bottles and very reasonably priced.
It's reasonably priced, and has fish oil & omega-3.
the tablets are big, but most of other brands are too.

Unlike Elevit, you need to take more than one tablet a day.

iwabrown
iwabrown23 posts

I am currently pregnant with my 2nd baby and again am using this product. With both pregnancies, i started taking these capsules a few months before conception and had a very healthy 10lb boy the first time. In a few weeks, I am expecting my 2nd bub. My obstetrician approved of my choice in this product, and I have never had any problems with it, aside from the fact that the capsules are quite big and i sometimes find them hard to swallow.
Easy to find - available at most supermarkets and pharmacies, reasonably priced, trusted brand
None aside from the fact that the capsules (you take 2 each day) are really big and can sometimes be hard to swallow
mrshooi
mrshooi24 posts

I have switched to this product from Elevit, and love it. The only downside was I have to take 2 tablets instead of 1 only. Luckily its only once a day. You also can get a good bargain when they are on sale in the pharmacy. I took it during my pregnancy and my breastfeeding period. My baby so far is a very healthy baby, which I am sure part of it is contributed by this supplement. Highly recommended products
I like this products, because they have complete multivitamin & minerals and also contain Iodine & Omega3 Fish oil. It save you from purchasing the Iodine & Omega3 fish oil separately. When they are on sale at the pharmacy, you can really get them with good price.
have to take 2 tables at once instead of 1 only.
krissyj80
krissyj8030 posts

I used these with my first pregnancy and felt great and are now using them for my second. I have had no problems with an increase in morning sickness or constipation as a result of taking these, compared to what I have heard about other brands. They are reasonably priced compared to some other pregnancy multivitamins and I have never had any problem finding them in stores, except some chemists don't stock the Blackmores brand they can be found cheaper in most supermarkets. The only downside is the tablets are huge, but it's worth it to know you are providing nutrients for your growing baby.
readily available at most stares, reasonably priced
The tablets are quite large so could be hard to swallow for some
amygrant
amygrant104 posts

I felt safer when I took these tablets and I had no side effects. You are also suppose to take these when you are breastfeeding or a couple of months before tying to conceive too.
This vitamin doesn't just have foliate in it which is a bonus, it contains just about everything you could possibly need. This is great if you have really bad morning sickness and can't even stand the sight of food, at least your body is getting some great vitamins. These tablets are easy to swallow and have no taste that I have noticed. It also has the very important benefit of foliate which is so important for the baby.
They are quite expensive, and of course would be so much easier if you only had to take one tablet.
deking777
deking777

red78
red7889 posts

I took these whilst pregnant with both my children as they contain all the necessary supplements and vitamins for a healthy pregnancy and breastfeeding. They contain the required amounts of folate, iron, calcium etc. and can also be taken to promote conception before faling pregnant. I would buy them in bulk at our local warehouse chemist as they were a lot cheaper however sometimes they are on sale at the local supermarket for a similar price. Great product.
The tablets contain all the necessary vitamins needed to help promote a healthy pregnancy
Can be quite pricey unless you buy them on sale
fernyfluffles
fernyflufflesTas, 7320118 posts

I've taken these tablets for quite some time now whilst trying to conceive. I love them as they serve as a complete vitamin and mineral supplement for women as well as being specially designed for conception and pregnancy and breastfeeding. They have all the recommended dosages of folate and Iron, and contain calcium and a lot of other vitamins which is needed to promote healthy conception, birth and breastfeeding. I highly recommend these tablets to any female!
The pack size (180 tablets), it contains all the needed essential vitamins and minerals, easy to swallow capsules
Can be expensive when not on sale
mrmagoo
mrmagoo47 posts

BernieH
BernieHQld, 481770 posts

Apart from the size of the tablets, which are pretty large, I found these tabelts really good. I started taking them while I was trying to get pregnant through to while I was breastfeeding. They can be expensive but you can buy them in bulk packs. These tablets provide everything you need while pregnant/breastfeeding and have given me a very healthy baby.
It can be taken from while you're planning to get pregnant through to when you are breastfeeding. It has everything required for a healthy pregnancy and no other vitamins were required.
The tablets are quite large and difficult to swallow if you're suffering from morning sickness.
Mel77l
Mel77lSydney39 posts

lovestoshop
lovestoshopAustralia12 posts

I found these vitamins were really good as I used them for my entire pregnancy.

I think they were really good price wise as you can buy them in bulk bottles.
Blackmores is a very good brand for vitamins.

It's great that you can take these whilst breast-feeding as well as during pregnancy.
That you have to remember to take 2 a day.

aussiemummy
aussiemummy59 posts

Good

Over all these are a good supplement in my opinion. I wish they would make them smaller or give them and easy glide coating so they were easier to swallow as they really are massive! I called them "Horse Pills" when pregnant! I did produce three amazingly healthy babies on these though. :)
Blackmores is a trusted brand. The pregnancy and breast feeding formula covers all the needs of mother and baby right through pregnancy and breast feeding.
You need to take two tablets per day and they are huge and not easy to swallow especially for a mum suffering morning sickness! They are too expensive.