2BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera

BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera Questions & Answers (page 2)

Verified🏆 2024 Award
ShagShag
ShagShag · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi there,
In June 2016, I purchased two DR650GW-2CH for my wife and myself. Now I'm having issues with them.
About a week ago, mine stopped working, only the blue GPS light is on and it doesn't record anymore.
My wife's one when I remove the power it switches off without shutting down.
Could you please help?
Thanks!

BlackVue   DM

Hi ShagShag, Thanks for your question and sorry to hear that your camera is having these issues. Can I suggest trying to format your microSD card in a PC and double check that all the file shave been deleted.
Furthermore, feel free to call our support team on 08 6267 5167 and they should be bale to offer some more extensive troubleshooting.

Raybin · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Are Blackvue going to address (with a firmware update) the totally oversensitive "Motion Detection" as used for the PARKING MODE on the DR650GW -2CH units. I believe they have the same issue with nearly all of the models including the latest range. Even when set to the very least sensitive setting the camera still records almost full time to the SD Card- which is pretty useless when in Parking mode. It will pick up a blade of grass moving at 100Metres!!! and record it!!! why can't this be addressed?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Raybin, Unfortunately the manufacturer has advised us, the Australian Distributor, that they will not be releasing firmware updates for the DR650GW and DR650S range any more. We are equally frustrated at this decision, but it is out of our control. It may be worth emailing them and giving your feedback directly, they may take it on board and reconsider the decision to not release further updates. Some customers have had positive results by turning motion detection OFF, but increased the G sensor sensitivity.

Hi Raybin,

I think BlackVue Australia has answered your question. I am not a rep, agent etc. for BlackVue. I just happened to have bought 2 Dash Cams for our cars a couple of months ago and left a feedback for them. Now I keep getting questions of all sorts about problems and stuff that I know nothing about, but just give contact details of BlackVue Australia.

Sorry I cannot help. :(

Regards

Tassie Devil.

Blackvue,

Well, i guess that says it all. I can waste my time banging my head against an unmovable brick wall or i can continue to write honest reviews on every available consumer website and social media page that i can regarding the total unsuitability for purpose that their product exhibits.

The 3 major functions that would be required of parking mode: ( in my opinion)

1) Record to SD card activity near your car- for the purpose of recording possible malicious scratch events- NOT GOING TO BE POSSIBLE IF YOU TURN MOTION DETECTION OFF!

2) Minimise the possibility of "REAL EVENT" Overwrite on the SD Card- NOT POSSIBLE AS THE UNIT RECORDS PRACTICALLY 100% OF THE TIME

3) Record events such as collision damage- YES IT CAN DO THIS BUT MAY WELL BE OVERWRITTEN DUE TO THE OVER-SENSITIVITY OF THE MOTION DETECTION FIRMWARE.

I am just one of many whom are complaining about this- it is time for everyone to write as many reviews in as many places as possible- i for one would not ever consider buying or recommending one of the BLACKVUE systems and have currently persuaded many to avoid buying one of this brand.

Raybin

You may want to do some homework and research on the Blackvue before you buy.....It may well be discounted as an older model, but if you read the reviews and if you want to speak with me personally i am happy to enlighten you on its shortfalls......

Personally i would not buy Blackvue, but i will leave you to work that one out.

Look carefully at the "PARKING MODE" Issues with MOTION SENSING.....and be aware that the 650 Series although it may be discounted is no longer a supported version....it is not going to get any firmware upgrades....and believe me it needs them!

Nab
Nab · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

Hello

I have the blackvue dr650s/ 2ch bought it a few days a go.

Everything is great only one problem is I can’t see the videos in the app

I need to remove the sdcard to watch them in my laptop

I don’t know why can’t do the upgrade of the blackvue by the app

And especially about videos can’t see them in the app blackvue is empty every time

How can you help me please ?

And what is the firmware for my blackvue?

Thanking you in advance

Upset Aussie
Upset Aussie

You should get support from your installation.

Hello Nab,

I am no expert on this issue. I contacted this site for help, which they gave and fixed my problem, :- " Support Team - Auto BlackBox [support@autoblackbox.com.au]"

This is the information they sent to me and it fixed my problem:-

"They have informed us that it is the current viewer version you have installed that is causing the issue.

Can you please try installing the version below.

Please advise if the issue still persists."

They are a great support team and responded ASAP to my enquiry, I think they will be your best option to fix your problem.

Also I have NOT used a "app" to download my film footage, I take out the sd card and use my computer, don't own a "smart phone :)"

Sorry if this is not very helpful but I cannot offer you much more!

Regards

Sharon Igawa · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I recently bought the DR650GW-2CH with the magic box. Everything was working great after installation. I had access to my iPhone app and was able to set everything up. Now there’s no voice prompt, I can’t access my phone app due to no connection, the red recording light doesn’t come on unless I disconnect the cord to the camera and plug it back in. After starting the car, I always heard the camera say something, now it’s nothing. I tried holding down the button on the side to reset it but nothing. I tried downloading the newest firmware too. Can you please help me?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Sharon, Thanks for your question, there sounds like there are a couple of things in play here.

1. No lights on the camera would indicate there is no power getting to the camera unit, this can be for a number of reasons; e.g. low battery voltage, poor cable connection, Power Magic Pro boot switch is in the off position. Obviously if there is no power to the unit you will not be able to connect to the camera with your smart phone.

2. No voice announcements can be due to them being switched off in the settings, it is possible the camera speaker my not be working correctly.

For the best support please contact the BlackVue Australia support team on the details below so we can get you back on the road ASAP.

Hi,

1. Actually the lights are on, but sometimes just the blue light only. When that happens, I pull the plug out and insert it back in. That is when I have both red and blue lights on. There is power to the unit, it’s just not working properly at the moment.

2. The voice command was on all this time and suddenly it stopped. I didn’t change the setting.

Now I’m not able to go to settings using the BlackVue app. On my phone WiFi, I usually see the camera choice for WiFi but now it’s not there so I can’t connect to it.

I’ve had this camera for 8 months.

-Sharon

Winston Tan
Winston Tan

Hi Sharon
My unit DR650GW-2CH also have the same identical problems your unit is having
Speaker is not working even though blue and orange lights are both on the unit. I try to activate the wifi by pressing the wifi on-off button by wifi won't work and try pressing on the same button for 20 seconds in order to reset the unit but to no avail just hope someone out there can help us with these issues

Sharon Igawa

I tried everything from reinstalling the app and everything I could possibly do. The unit is defective but it still records. I have to keep an eye on the red light, if it’s off I have to unplug and plug it back in. My phone app doesn’t notify me if there’s someone close to my car or if there’s an impact when my car is parked. Next cam I buy will definitely not be this brand. It only worked a few months and now it’s a humbug. Sorry I couldn’t be of any help.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Sharon, Sorry to hear that our suggestions were not able to resolve the issues. Did you want to send us the camera for inspection to see if our technical support team is able to resolve this for you? Normally we are to resolve most issues on-site without having to send the unit back to the manufacturer for repair. If you would like to proceed, then please let us know.

XC40
XC40 · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I have a DR650GW-2CH fitted with Power Magic Pro and I want to upgrade to either the DR750S-2CH or DR900S-2CH. Can I just swap out the camera units from their brackets and insert the new cameras to be up and running, or do I need to replace all the cables?

Luko

Just swap out the units I believe. If you ask Blackpvue online they will,confirm.

BlackVue   DM

Hi XC40, Thanks for your question.

The DR650GW may have a different coax cable depending on the age of the camera. The window brackets are also camera specific, the power supply remains the same across the above models. Feel free to get in touch with our support team to who can confirm if you will need to replace the coax cable if you provide the serial number of the camera.

Best Regards

landscape1uk
landscape1uk · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi, I have had my Blackvue DR650GW-2CH for sometime now and have only recently started to have a problem with the front camera ( getting a rainbow effect) on the recording, only with the front camera,,,PLS Help.. ..

BlackVue   DM

Hi Landscape1uk, Generally this is due to the camera sensor failing. However you may be able to resurrect it with a firmware update. If that doesn't work our support team will be able to facilitate in getting the camera repaired. Office hours 9-5 Mon-Fri WAST

Pedro · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I've bought a car with a DR650GW-2CH camera and can't access camera because the password 'blackvue' doesn't work. How can I reset the password?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Pedro, Thanks for your question.

The best way to reset the password is via the BlackVue PC Player. Simply insert the SD card in to the PC > Open the PC Player > Settings > WiFi > Password Reset

Please find a link to the help center below with step by step instructions.

Perfect, it worked!

Ross
Ross · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

Hi ,

So i recently upgraded my old DR550GW-2ch to a DR650S-2ch due to video issue on my old one. Anyway seems the new one with OEM micro sd, it records for a few minutes then says "NO SD CARD". I have tried reformatting it and does the same thing. So i reuse my other 3rd party cards and also the same thing happens. Max recording time I could get on one card Lexar 633x 32gb was 5 hours then same message thru speaker. I tried all these cards back to my old device and works fine after a reformat. Put it back in to the new device and reads "NO SD CARD". Is it sd card fault or unit fault ? The cards i have tried are Blackvue 16gb, Lexar 633X 32gb, Sandisk High Endurance 32gb.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Ross, Thanks for your question.

This does sound like there may be an issue with the SD card reader in the camera unit. The best thing to do is contact our support team for troubleshooting and resolving the issue.

Sharon Kevin F
Sharon Kevin F · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

Can i view the blackvue camera without my car turned on.i am not tech savy.i can't see anything,and i don't want to take the sd card just to look.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Sharon, This will depend how the camera is installed. Assuming the camera is hardwired using the Power Magic Pro you can WiFi to the camera as long as the car battery voltage is above the 12/12.5 cut off.

If your are only using the Cig plug then this will not be the case as most Cig plugs are not powered once the engine is turned off.

Feel free to get in touch with our support team if you are still having problems.

Ricky
Ricky · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

My 650s 2ch stopped giving voice prompts and beeps even though I have turned them on in the settings. It was working fine for over a year with no issues. I have also updated to the latest firmware but it has not resolved this issue. All other functions are ok. Any suggestion? Thanks.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Ricky, Thanks for your question.

This sounds like the speaker is faulty in your DR650S-2CH. This is a relatively easy fix but does require the camera to be returned. This can be done by following the return instructions on our website. external link

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

Nate82
Nate82 · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I have a VW 2016 amarok. I left the lights on, the cars’ battery Went dead flat. Charged battery but BlackVue no longer turns on with ignition. How do I fix it? Car battery has full charge.

Luko

Sorry Nate I have no idea. If you email blackvue Australia they will provide the answer. Cheers

BlackVue   DM

Hi Nate, are you using the Power Magic Pro? or just powering the camera via the 12v outlet in your vehicle? While the engine is running, check the PMP (if fitted) to see if the Green LED is illuminated, also try removing the power cord from the camera for 1 minute, then plugging it back in.

Thanks,

Tom.

Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Nick M
Nick M · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

Hi

I bought the camera last year however on purchase I changed my password. Now I have upgraded my phone and downloaded the app on my phone but unfortunately I forgot the password for the wifi. Is there any way to reset the password?

Hi Nick, see below I received from BlackVue

Change the dashcam's Wi-Fi SSID / password using BlackVue PC Viewer (Windows or Mac):

1. Turn off the dashcam and remove the microSD card from the dashcam.

2. Insert the card into the microSD card reader and connect it to a computer.

3. Run the BlackVue Viewer program.

4. In BlackVue Viewer go to Settings (Windows) / Windows Viewer-> Preferences (Mac) to access the settings panel.

5. Click the Wi-Fi tab and under Login credentials change the password.

* The dashcam's Wi-Fi password is case sensitive which means that upper case " A " and lower case " a " are considered different letters.

* If you click on "Reset" , the password will be changed to default password.

6. Click Save & Close.

I will say that it really shouldn’t be this hard.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Nick, I can see Luko has already given you the correct instructions. Although don't stress it's quite a simple process.

I have included a link with step by step instructions below.

external link

However if you get stuck you are welcome to contact our full time support team or your retailer.

Ricky
Ricky · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

My blackvue DR650s-8109A3 will not accept blackvue as a password.and will not let me view camera.also this has happen since I updated my phone. From iPhone 5 to a iPhone 7. Any ideas?

Luko

Sorry Ricky I cannot help. I found the whole password process cumbersome compared to others I have had. Mine is sitting in a draw. I’m sure if you get into to BlackVue they will be able to assist, but it stated, it shouldn’t be that hard.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Ricky, Thanks for reaching out. As you are aware Apple have recently updated their iOS which may be playing a factor here. There are 3 things we need to do to ensure the phone and camera are "on the same page".

1. Ensure your iPhone is running the most up to date iOS 12.0.1

2. Ensure the BlackVue app is up to date v2.82

3. Once both of these are up to date please reset the network settings on your iPhone: Settings >- General >- Reset >- Reset Network Settings.

If the above does not resolve your issue, it is likely the password has been change from the "blackvue" default to your own password. The can also be reset by following the instructions on the link below.

external link

If you need additional assistance, our full time support team support team is available to anyone who gets in touch. We want to make sure your BlackVue is used to its full potential.

CLEGGY
CLEGGY · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My blackvue keeps on asking to check my SD card why?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Cleggy, This notification means that there is an issue with the SD card.

Generally the SD card will need to be formatted to resolve the issue, BlackVue recommend to do this ever couple of weeks or so for best performance.

If the SD card is more than 12 months old, it may have reached the end of its serviceable life and need to be replaced. As with all SD cards they have a finite number of write cycles, BlackVue dash cams run through these quite quickly compared with other technology due to running times and high quality video recordings so it is important to use the correct type of card in your camera. If you continue to hear the "check SD card" message after formatting the SD card, the card may need to be replaced. All BlackVue retailers can facilitate in supplying the correct type of SD card.

Please find the instructions on how to format the SD card below:

external link

Feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions.

Auto BlackBox

Hakan B.
Hakan B.

Hi I bought blackvue dr750 s2ch dash cam after 3 mounth decidet do instal my car when I give power from cigaret lighter just flashing white light front nothing voice or any other light and i chekid sd card to computer was emty it det need any program or firmvare in sd card or suppos to work without sd card at the first attemp

Tika R
Tika R · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

DR756S-2 CH, I recently installed this dashcam but having multiple issues

1. recorded images are not in right order- opposite order why?

2. I tried to connect with Icloud it says unable to retrieve file from the list?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Tika, are you sure you didn't alter the firmware to display the files in reverse order? If not, please try reinstalling to the latest firmware.

You will need to format the SD card and download the new firmware from external link

Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Sally · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

We have a DR650GW-2ch with a Magic pro (set to infinity and 12 volts)

Is the front white/blue light (seen from outside) meant to keep flashing or after a while is it supposed to stop?

Also when we park in our garage at night - parking recording files stop after a few hours - until we 'start the car'

Also the dashcam will say 'powering down' whenever a door/hatch is opened (say you put something in it then return to the shops and come back later on) it will not have recorded anything until the car is actually started up again?

Any help would be appreciated Sally

Penrith DS

The blue led light can be turned on or off in the firmware settings if you don't want it flashing a security light. You may need to check your voltage at the fuse where the power wire is linked. If you say your files are stopping after a few hours this could mean voltage is dropping below the 12 volts set or wires could be around the wrong way if not recording in park mode. If the unit says powering down it is turning off. Check your wiring connections are correct. Ps if you want your card to last longer disconnect power wire from the camera at night. The only problem is the date settings will change if being shown (firmware selection)

Sally

Thank you for your comments - however:

We don't wish to turn the light off (it is a good way to know if the unit is working or not !!!)

The cars battery voltage has been checked as is exactly as it should be

Why would the voltage drop (switching off the unit) is it not designed for use in a car ?????

The auto electrical company has re-checked all the wiring and is as they have done on many other vehicles

I don't want to disconnect anything - I just want it to work

Sibron
Sibron

I would have said your car is not charging the battery fully, but you have had a sparky look at it already, perhaps the power supply is coming from somewhere with volt drop. Your camera is saying all the right things, and its because the power is (or it thinks it is) getting below 12V at the supply to the magic pro, that it is shutting down.

I set my magic pro to 12V because my Ranger has "smart charge" and doesn't always top up the battery to it maximum. But it lasts all night and well into the morning most days.

Perhaps the Magic pro is faulty. You would need to put a multimeter on the supply wire once it has shut off. If it is over 12V, ask Blackbox for a new Magic pro.

davec · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

I am a driving instructor and use the DR650S-2 CH dash cams which I am very pleased with. However, when searching through recordings, quite often there is a file missing (for example: 1 min recordings jump from 20180619_155141_NF to 20180619_155433_NF with the first of those files having just 30 seconds recorded). Very often the file I am looking for is when I have had to use the dual-control (or stop sharply). At first, I thought it was a coincidence that these files were missing (I expected the recordings to have the ocassional problem)... but too often now it is when I am looking for 'incidents' that I find the camera failed to record.

Is it possible that when I do have to stop sharply that some sensor in the recording fails to complete the recording of the file due to a setting I have?

I rely heavily on these recordings to provide feedback to pupils but I'm also worried now that if I do have an accident then the relevant file I need will be corrupt.

Please can you help?

Hi Davec,

Just a guess, but do you have the files labelled EF and ER selected when playing back?

These are the EMergency front and rear recordings made when the G force (up/down/side sensors) are activated due to sensing a sudden stop etc.

Up the top of the BlackVue viewer there are two pictures of front and rear, plus NEPM. (Normal, Emergency, Park, Motion).

Ensure that the E is selected as well, or else there will be no files with the EF or ER shown in the list.

Penrith DS

The purpose of the cameras is to record constantly and you should not have to expect that some recordings don't work. The files should follow after each other so NFNREFERPFPR etc or choose the tabs to watch F-R-E etc. If you also look at the bottom where the timelines are there should be no breaks in the recordings. If you have gaps in the timeline you could also try to format the card and if it continues you will probably need a new card. There is a date stamp on the card almost transparent. We only use Lexar 666 or Blackvue cards. As a driving instructor, we rarely get the 650s cameras recording EF/ER (factory setting) if they do it is usually on down a driveway but not much from sudden braking. Maybe your settings need to also be adjusted. If you continually hear "impact detected" then adjust sensitivity settings.

Really appreciate feedback - I can confirm the following:

I DO have all "N", "E", "P" & "M" files elected during playback. When the problem occurs, I get the eaxmple following message: "Playback failed. [20180621_124439_PF]" (I can send a screen-shot if required)?

Additionally, the file before the CORRUPT file always ends short... so my files are in 60 sec segments... so the previous file will only record up to 20, 26, 34, 48 secs or so on (for example)... then jump to the corrupt file with the "playback failed" message. Once I click on "ok" to acknowledge the corrupt file... the next file starts playing which is like 2 or 3 mins later...??

Appreciate any help.

skot
skot

Did you have it professionally installed, if so take it back to installer and ask if the power can be swapped to a different fuse in the fuse box. They may have utilised a fuse which is used for wiring connected to the dual controls eg. brakes. I think my auto electrician connected it to something like the cigarette lighter circuit.

davec

Thank you for the further feedback and suggestions. I didn't have it professionally installed - did it myself and into the cigarette lighter output. I had two instances yesterday; one where on test, the pupil failed to stop/slow at an unmarked crossroads (but there was no intervention from the examiner) and the other when I turned the steering wheel to avoid a pupil hitting the kerb. The first incident, the track is recorded up to the crossroads and then jumps to the next recording (i.e. only 30 secs or so were recorded instead of 60 secs)... and the second incident, the entire track which included the incident is missed out (i.e. the file is showing but a "Playback Failed" message is shown).

I will try to re-format the card but I am not hopeful as I have reformatted cards before and this problem has been occurring for quite a while.

Thank you all for your suggestions though.

petebloem
petebloem · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

Hi, Please advise whether the default factory sensitivity settings for the 650s-2ch is

G-sensor (normal mode): up & down = 20

G-sensor (parking mode) side to side = 30

Motion detection (parking mode) front & back = 30

The device keeps alarming/beeping when the vehicle starts moving. Just want to make sure the settings are correct. Thank you in advance for your much appreciated reply.

Pete

Hi,

I have noticed that the factory settings are a bit too sensitive, just change them to suit yourself.

Change them by say 10 each, then see how it behaves.

BlackVue   DM

Hi petebloem, You can use the "reset" button to reset the settings to default - this will show what the factory settings are. Dependent on what firmware version you are using will depend on the factory defaults for the G sensor.

Graham
Graham · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

hi my blackvue750s82f fhd 60fps keeps beeping whenever i go over a speed bump or pothole any idea how i can stop this?

had enough

Reduce the G force sensors' sensitivity in the settings.

The first three settings as shown are the normal driving ones, set them closer to zero. Especially the up/down one.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Graham, This is because the "event beep" is enabled in your camera settings. This can be changed through the WiFi app in the settings section.

La Beba B
La Beba B · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

I have bkackvue 650s, but I forgot my wifi password to enter the app and see what I recorded, how I restore the camera as factory?

had enough

If you want to keep the recordings, suggest you first copy the SD card to a PC.

Then follow these directions:

1. Turn off the dashcam and remove the microSD card from it.

2. Insert the card into the microSD card reader and connect it to a computer.

3. Run the BlackVue Viewer program.

5. Click the Wi-Fi tab and under Login credentials change the password.

* If you click on "Reset" , the password will be changed to default password: blackvue for DR650S/GW

6. Click Save & Close.

NB: If you do not want to keep the recordings, just reformat the card. It will become the factory default password at next reboot.

BlackVue   DM

Hi La Beba B, The above reply from had enough is largely correct. However formatting the card will not reset the password.

Feel free to use the link below for step by step instructions on how to reset the password.

Best Regards

BlackVue Australia

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives

Select a listing for your question
BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023, 2019, 2018 and 2017. Learn more