2BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera

BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera Questions & Answers (page 3)

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Darren
Darren · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

I’ve just fitted my DR650S-2CH and it really interferes with my DAB too the point I can't use my radio at all.

I did the firmware up date but that didn’t fix it.

I will try a ferrite cable core and fit it to the rear camera cable and see how that goes.

The other problem I'm having is that the camera does not use the whole of the SD card, a 32GB Blackvue SD. It just writes a few MB's. If the parking mode is used for a couple of hours it writes over all of the video collected that day. I’ve formatted it and its 32GB.

Recording times are set to 3 mins and settings are “normal “with "HD@30 + HD@30"

I don’t know why it would be doing that and would like some advice on how to fix it.

The last thing I'd like to know is, if I have an event happen whilst driving will it save it or will it just write over it?

With it only using a small part of the memory the recording may have gone before I even get home making it a bit of a waste of money.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Darren

had enough
had enough

Hi Darren,

Although we do not have DAB on the Gold Coast, I would imagine that your rear camera is mounted at the top of the rear window, and that the window has a built-in radio aerial!

There seems to be interference with the signal used between the front and rear cameras getting into the aerial..... Check this by unplugging the rear camera and seeing if the interference stops. If so,

Option 1.

I strongly suggest you update to the latest version on this link https://www.blackvue.com/downloads/#1460710341510-e242903f-5343 and pick the DR650S-2CH update V1.012_2018.04.03 (the very latest-March 2018 release). They changed the frequency on the link to the rear camera to stop interference to DAB.

Option 2.

Move the camera to the bottom of the rear window, with the cable coming from the floor of the car if possible -(rather than via the roof area).

Normally the recordings are set for 1 minute.

Parking mode. I assume you have a Power Magic Pro or such to have the unit powered up when ignition is off?

Also, do NOT use motion detect, this will virtually ensure continuous recording -filling up the SD card very quickly and overwriting within hours. Instead, use the parking mode's impact and vibration (G sensors) method.

The 32 GB will be recording multiple MBytes per minute, (GPS,front video, rear video, audio, plus others) around 360-400 MBytes per recording, plus logs.

Best way to ensure less stress on the SD Card is to set it for 1 minute recordings and reformat the card monthly. (Just hold the button in on the front camera till a beep is heard, it will reformat the card in a few seconds). It will not take long to fill the 32GB if motion detect is on. (Any movement in any pixel will trigger it. Leaves, trees, dogs -anything at all)

Any event that happens will be recorded as an Emergency recording, but will be over written eventually. (Assuming NO motion detect).

Samuel
Samuel · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

Hi there, I have been using my dash cam for about a year, I recently found that I wasn't able to connect to the dash cam's wifi anymore, I removed the sd card and connected to my Mac computer and found that the latest video recorded was a week ago, so I formatted the sd card and put it back to the dash cam, but it was still not working, when I powered it back on, only the blue GPS light turned on, all other lights ( Recording red light and blue wifi light wasn't turned on ), I still not able to connected it to the dash cam. I formatted the sd card again and downloaded the newest firmware and copied to the card, but still having the same problem. please help..

PKG
PKG · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I am having the same issue of connecting to cloud and I am following all the right steps but the live view icon is not turning blue,any suggestions?

Jose G
Jose G · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

How long after formatting the SD Card does it take to initialize? My dash cam Dr-650-2channel keeps saying “ please do not turn off the power- initializing the SD Card “ for over 20 minutes

Ilona V
Ilona V

I am having the same problem. How long did yours take to initialize?

Katie A.
Katie A.

Did you ever find out this answer as I am currently having the same issue and it’s driving me nuts!

Frankj S
Frankj S

I have encountered this same problem today but it doesn't look like anyone has responded to this problem. Any news?

Hakan B.

Hi I hawe Blackvue dr750 s 2 chn.dashcam.it not responding flashing vhite light not blue and red and not voice comment.I bought öne mountain ago didnt have time to installere my car antill to day pleaced blackvue sd card and trayed power on of no respons

MannyBG3
MannyBG3 · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

I have DR650S-2ch and I have been having problem with date and time.Although the time zone set up is correct (NSW,Sydney) on the setting but still the time and date displayed is incorrect. Noticed that this has started since I upgraded the firmware to V0.010.

I would really appreciate it if anyone can give me idea how to fix this issue?

Andy
Andy · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

HI there,

My blackvue wifi suddenly stop working, i pressed the wifi button but nothing happen, what should i do? and i've been told to try to reset the dashcam with pressing the wifi button for roughly 10 seconds till it "beep" but it doesn't make any beep sound at all, anyone can help? thank you

BlackVue   DM

Hi Andy, In most cases the best thing to do is to reinstall the firmware on the camera. This can be downloaded from external link  The SD card can be formatted using the BlackVue PC player, also available from the link above.

If this is not effective please get in touch with out tech support team to get this resolved.

08 6267 5167

Ana W
Ana W · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I connect to the BlackVue app vía WiFi but when I try to load recordings I get the message that WiFi signal is too weak. Updated Firmware and disconnected auto join (as per blog recommendations) Reformatted sd card. Any thoughts?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Ana, Weak WiFi can be caused by a few different factors, some of the more common ones are:

1. Low power, if the voltage is getting towards the lower end required, this can cause a weak connection, make sure the car engine is running before downloading any files.

2. WiFi interference can cause a poor connection. If there are many WiFi networks in the area it may be an option to drive around the corner to reduce the number of interfering networks.

3. Distance from the camera unit. The mobile device should really be within 3 meters of the camera for a good connection.

If you are still experiencing problems after exhausting the above fixes, feel free to get in touch with our tech support team.

08 6267 5167

Sharon Igawa
Sharon Igawa

Was this issue ever solved?? When I press the WiFi button on the cam, it doesn’t say anything. When trying to connect to WiFi, the camera is not listed to connect.
When I first received the product, the connection went smooth but after a few months it stopped working.

Michelle
Michelle · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

The camera will start recording and say "Blackview for your..." and things will be okay but then just a mile or so down the road it will say "Restarting". There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why or when it will restart. At times it will do this 6-10 times with a minute apart. What is going on?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Michelle, Sorry to hear you having issues with your camera. This scenario normally means the SD card has run through is servicable life and can no longer write information to the card quickly enough, causing the camera to restart. The best thing to do is replace the SD card by either purchase or warranty replacement if less than 12 months old.

All BlackVue SD cards have a 12 month warranty and are available from our authorised dealers. external link

Please only use compatible SD cards that are "MLC Class 10 Endurance". BlackVue only recommends genuine or Auto BlackBox SD cards.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

Best Regards

Kwok · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

My camera is connect via cellink Neo, using 128GB, downloaded the latest revision 1.010. Notice that the camera hang and I need to power down by pulling out the power source so that the camera goes into restart mode and he camera goes back into normal recording mode again. Please advise if there's any error to my camera. Thanks

Lidia

I’m not sure what you mean when you say your camera hang?

Is the camera saying anything to you?

Do you have to pull out the power cord each time to restart the camera?

Depending on what the camera is saying to you, i would start trouble shooting by checking all the connections then the sd card. If the sd card is new, it’s safe to say it’s not the issue.

If you have no luck, contact blackvue in Australia tel: (08) 6267 5167.

Ask them to help you troubleshoot over the phone. They are awesome to deal with and will help resolve the issue. Good luck

Kwok

Actually the camera is running constantly over the night. What I meant camera hang ... it the whole went into freeze mode where I can't connect via Bluetooth and the LED light (front camera) is not blinking (normally it is blinking) . The unit did not say anything as I'm not sure when did the unit went into this condition.

Hence I have to remove power cord and let the unit restart it back again. Once it restarted I notice the date and time was registering the old date and time ..( example 4 to 5 hours ago during the early morning)

Yes I have to pull out the power cord every time it went into this mode. Please help

Lidia

If your canera is still under warranty, I’d be seeking a replacement.

Before that though, try changing the sd card if you haven’t already done that.

Otherwise, as i mentioned previously, contact Auto blackbox (08) 6267 5167 the Australia supplier. They will help you trouble shoot.

Best thing to do is contact them whilst you have access to your car and canera.

Amber
Amber · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

My car was serviced for a new battery and now my camera is not recording how do I reconnect this?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Amber, I would suggest asking the service company what they did to your camera? Changing the battery will not have any effect on the camera's recording function.

G Hi

Maybe they pulled the power connector out as some places do not like you recording in their premises I had a battery change and several flat batteries prior and it did not affect the camera in any way. Check they pulled it out of the camera and then didnt push it in far enough

Toko
Toko · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I was using the camera to reformat my sd card.

After that it went into configuration and keep prompt me that there is in valid system configuration.

Pls kindly advise?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Toko, Best thing to do is, format the SD card in your PC and apply the latest firmware to the card. Then place it back into your camera to perform the upgrade.

Let us know how you go.

NGZ
NGZ · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I have connect my phone to the camera’s wifi but when I enter the app and try to download a file, it takes a long time buffering then saying unable to display the map because your smartphone isn’t connected to the internet. Really hope u guys can help me out here

BlackVue   DM

Hi NGZ, I have seen this before with Android phones, can you confirm what type of phone you are using? Perhaps try doing a firmware upgrade and trying again, even try another phone. Let us know how yo go.

Hakan B.

Hi my blackvue sd card ar empty Notting in and ım trayıng to open blackvue de 750 s 2ch just flashing white light front not blu and red can you help mi .do I Need to download program sd card first?

Patrickkazzi · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi there,

I have the Blackvue camera DR 650GW-2CH . I had it for few months but now it saying out of the speaker " initialisation of SD card , Do not turn off Power". I have magic pro to and installed by a professional. could you please let me know what could be the problem ?

Regards,

Patrick.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Patrickkazzi, Is the camera just repairing this over and over? If so, it is likely that the microSD Card is faulty and will need to be exchanged for a new one.

Let me know how you go.

Auto Blackbox Pty Ltd.

Patrickkazzi

Thank you Tom, i appreciate that.

Regards

Patrick

Andrew C
Andrew C · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

So I currently have a Blackvue 650 dual camera setup with it hooked up to a power magic pro! Currently I have the Blackvue on parking mode for g-sensor only, I want to have it to pick up motion at close range after my car being keyed twice in 3 months by 2 lowlifes who are related to each other!

However when I try to change the settings in the app and slide it the motion parking sensitivity off of 0 to say 10 or anything else it never saves! I hit save and exit from my smartphone using the latest version of the app, the camera resets and the Blackvue reverts back to only G sensor only! I have contacted Blackvue Aus and still have no luck or idea why this isn't saving, I need it to record on motion ASAP before more damage is done costing me hundreds of dollars! I've tried 2 different smart phones and yet it does the same thing, however it works fine with the 1 channel unit in a friends car, any help ASAP would be nice to get these 2 prosecuted and pay for damages

BlackVue   DM

Hi Andrew, Based on what you have said, it seems to me that the SD Card is faulty - it is not allowing any changes to be made to te settings.

Are you able to format the SD Card? If not, this is a good indication that the SD Card is faulty and will need replacing.

G Hi

Do it in a PC and you probably wont have any problems Have seen more problems than enough from people trying to do this sort of thing Otherewise try a different card as said above

Vik
Vik · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi, I have a blackvue camera for my car too. When I removed the sd card and tried to view it in my computer. The Record folder could not be accessed. Keeps prompting it to be corrupt or unreadable. I've tried reformatting to no avail. When I tried to 'chkdsk' the folder through command prompt it shows the Record folder to contain a nonvalid link. I can't seem to access my videos. Chekd the file size and it was at 0 Bytes too. Makes me think that it never recorded any videos from the beginning. Do advice. Cheers!

BlackVue   DM

Hi Vik, Thanks for your question.

This does suggest the SD card is corrupt and will no longer work. This can happen due to poor power supply or excessive high temperatures as well as general use over time. All BlackVue SD cards come with a 12 month warranty. If your SD card is less than 12 months old we can replace it for you with your proof of purchase. Alternatively these are available from our authorised dealers around Australia. (Only BlackVue SD cards are recommended for BlackVue Cameras)

Please get in touch if any questions.

Auto BlackBox

Ken
Ken · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi there, I have my 650-2ch for three years on three different vehicles. It worked perfectly on my Jeep SRT and Porsche Cayenne but not on my 2018 ford raptor. The problem is I have the power magic pro on, the camera is off right after the engine is off. I tried on and 6 hrs to infinity, none works. My aim is to let the parking mode on, and have this magic pro in case I’m leaving more than a week and I could switch to only record for 72 hrs. Now I removed the magic pro and keep the cam on 24/7. I dunno if you have any solutions based on my need?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Ken, It sounds to me that the wiring is not correct - make sure the RED wire is to IGNITION and the YELLOW wire it to CONSTANT.

If they are wired back to front, then you will receive the error that you are currently having.

Double check and let us know.

Dan M
Dan M · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi! Where can i get the latest version here in Canberra, which is the DR650S-2CH?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Dan, thanks for your question. You can use our dealer locator to find a local authorised BlackVue stockist in your area: external link

Also, the DR750S-2CH is now the latest BlackVue model with Full HD 1080P front & rear. Thanks again!

Ronn Chee
Ronn Chee · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi sir, when I inserted a new formatted sd card into my DR650, there is a message “sd card is initializing, please don’t don’t turn off the power”.

This message kept repeating for every 15 seconds, non stop till my patience wore off. I tried a few new sd cards, all same message.

Kindly advise.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Ron, Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your camera.

Please ensure you are using a genuine BlackVue SD card as some 3rd party SD cards are not compatible and will prevent the camera from operating correctly. These are available for purchase from any authorised BlackVue dealer and come with a 12 month warranty.

If the issue still persists you are welcome to return the camera for assessment using the link below.

external link

Kevin A
Kevin A · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

I have a DR650S -2CH. My problem is that the device sometimes randomly says “audio record off” followed my “audio recording off”. It does this repeatedly while I am driving which is becoming a huge nuisance. Can someone explain to me why it keeps going on and off and how to stop it?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Kevin, This can happen if something is activating the light sensor on the passenger side of the camera. It can happen if the sun hits the end of the camera when you are driving sometimes as well. It can also happen if the cap on the passenger side is loose. Check these out and let me know if any of those situations I mentioned may be the cause of this happening.

Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

Rusti
Rusti · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

i have a DR650S-2ch and it has work fine until today when i check my recordings for the last week i cannot hear any voice, any ideas as to why? it work 2 days ago but now it seems like the recording in on mute !!

BlackVue   DM

Hi Rusti, It is possible the audio recording has muted using the light sensor on the left hand side of the front camera. If you cover the glass panel you should hear "audio recording on/off" hopefully this will resolve your issue.

Please feel free to contact our support team if you have any other questions.

BlackVue Australia

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives

Select a listing for your question
BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023, 2019, 2018 and 2017. Learn more