2BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera

BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera Questions & Answers (page 4)

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Cagri
Cagri · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

Could you confirm that the dashcam power connector on the B-112 battery is a 2 pin mico JST 2.0 PH female? (see below for the compatible receptacle that goes into that port)

If it is not the above, could you please provide the correct model details?

Regards

BlackVue   DM

Hi Cagri, Maybe best to direct this question to the manufacturer, as we do not know this information. They can be emailed at cs@pittasoft.com

Chris.

Cagri
Cagri · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

I have seen the following reply in one of the posts: "The BlackVue B-112 will last ~6 hours on a DR650S-2CH with constant recording, though it will last longer if the camera is only buffering video and not recording video"

What is the difference between "constant recording" and "buffering video"? How can I switch between the two modes?

I would like to be able to stop the recording when the engine is off but the camera is connected to the external battery. However, I would still want to be able to access the videos on the camera via WiFi. Is this possible? Can you propose a solution to this?

Thank you.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Cagri, The B-112 will last about 6 hours, this is based that the camera is recording the whole time. Buffering means the camera is waiting for either motion or G sensor activity.

This happens automatically, if you do not want it to record in parking mode, you can turn down the motion detection and G sensor or turn it off altogether, but the camera will always be buffering.

Happy to explain this in more detail over the phone if you want to give me a call on 08 6267 5167.

Robert W
Robert W · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My blackvue 650 2-channel with WiFi if I unplug it it won't come back on does this several times I'll come out the next morning is on is anybody else having this problem? talk to technical support several times three different power cords

BlackVue   DM

Hi Robert, Sorry to hear you're having troubles with your BlackVue.

The symptoms you describe are quite strange, non of our staff are familiar with this case, please contact our office for assistance on the details below.

Pete
Pete · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

How can I shut the system off when I want? Like say for example I wanted to go way over the speed limit and I didn’t want the gps or the cameras on at that particular time? Is there an easy way to stop those from working and being on automatically?

G Hi
G Hi

You can always pull the power cable out. Doesnt need a lot of thought to do that.. Hope you get caught.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Pete, the best way to this would be to physically remove the power cable from the camera when you do not wish the camera to record. Unfortunately there is no way to program the camera to do this using the settings.

Best regards,

nickp
nickp · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

i have a blackvue dr650gw-2ch, keeps saying no sd card, i have done the firmware update, changed sd cards etc, but will not read any sd card. Any help?

BlackVue   DM

Hi nickp, Sounds like the camera could be faulty, best to reach out to our RMA team by emailing them at support@blackvue.com.au

They should be able to offer further assistance to get this issue resolved for you.

BlackVue   DM

Hi phdstusent17, The BlackVue B-112 will last ~6 hours on a DR650S-2CH with constant recording, though it will last longer if the camera is only buffering video and not recording video as it is in your case. While the camera is buffering, it uses less power than when it is recording, but it will also use more power whilst connected to the Cloud. Feel free to get in touch with us on 08 6267 5167 if you have any further questions.

Ernest · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Can I buy just the cord from the front camera to the rear camera?because i broke the gold pin fro the front camera while trying to remove the memory card.

tilba16

Had the same problem so bought a new cable from www.sportgps.com.au

RJM
RJM

Yes. You can get them from .www.autoblackbox.com.au/accessories/coaxial-cable/

- Note: although they advertise 0.5M / 6M / 10M / 15M Options, the shortest one available is actually 1.5 metres.

Kevin
Kevin · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Do I get notified when my son unplugs the camera?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Kevin, Thanks for your question. The camera will not be able to send a notification once the power has been removed. However there is a tamper proof bracket available to prevent access to the cables and SD card.

Hope this helps.

phdstusent17 · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

My car is parked in my home's carport and my DR650S-2CH is connected to the cloud through my home's WiFi guest network. I turned on motion detection to make sure that nobody is tampering with my car.

However, I receive a push notification that states that there is "Motion detected in parking mode" every minute. I decreased motion detection's sensitivity from 40 to 3, and still the camera notifies me of a detected motion every minute.

I can, of course, turn off motion detection altogether but, perhaps, you know how to resolve this problem. Why is camera constantly detecting motion?

BlackVue   DM

Hi phdstusent17, Thanks for your question. This sounds like the motion sensor is too sensitive. Generally if you update the firmware on your camera this will resolve the issue.

Please visit our website for the latest firmware: external link

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

phdstusent17

I think that I figured out the reason why my DR650S-2CH constantly detects motion even when there is none. Near the spot where the camera is installed, there is a blinking light of my car's alarm system. The camera, evidently, reacts to the blinking light and registers motion. I hope that this can be rectified with a firmware update.

I have another problem. I use BlackVue B-112 Power Magic Battery Pack to power the camera when the engine is turned off. For some reason, after about 12 hours, the camera disconnects from the cloud and shuts down. Why does the battery drain so fast? To the best of my knowledge, the camera is not recording anything since I turned off motion detection. Because of this, the camera is only useful when the engine is running and this reduces the camera's appeal to me. Could you please let me know why the battery only lasts approximately 12 hours?

Ernest · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi my blackvue dr650gw 2 channel just stopped working. i try to connect the wifi but all the lights are off. I tried removing the sd card and reinsert again but it stil not working at all. Any help?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Ernest, Sorry to hear about your BlackVue DR650GW.

If all the lights are off, it sounds like a power issue. Please check the connection for both the CIG plug and camera connection to ensure this is not the cause. Please feel free to contact our office for troubleshooting and options to resolve your issue.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Auto BlackBox

Brett · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

Purchased a DR650S-2CH 4 days ago it wont stop recording in parking mode. I've turned down the sensitivity to 1 changed all the settings too there lowest but it still keeps recording to the card. There is nothing around or near the car for it to pickup any movement. Any help?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Peabody, When you review the footage; do you see any movement at all, maybe trees blowing or car driving by? Try setting it to zero and set the G sensor to 100. Let me know if that makes any improvements.

Brett

The sole reason for buying it was for the parking mode, with motion set to zero it won't record anything. As i originally stated there is nothing around or near the car to set it off. Also wont record in full hd @30. Have set the motion to zero g sensor to 100. Its not recording in parking mode at all now

BlackVue   DM

Hi Brett, can you please upload a clip showing motion detection recording? We would like to check that no motion whatsoever has been captured by the camera. The fact that it is recording in parking mode without any triggers by the G sensor or motion detection is concerning. You also mention it won't record FHD@30 fps, what is it recording at?

You can upload to google drive or dropbox and share the link with support@autoblackbox.com.au

Brett

Hi tom, ive reformatted the card using my computer, reinstalled the latest update. It seems to have fixed all problems. Thanks anyway for the support.

phdstusent17 · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

I have recently purchased DR650S-2CH. My car is parked in my home's carport, and I would like to connect the camera to the cloud through my WiFi network at home. My WiFi password is 61 characters in length. However, I am unable to enter my whole password in the BlackVue app because the cursor stops after I enter about 30 characters.

I hate to change my WiFi password because then I would have to update my password on all my wireless devices. Is there a way for me to use my existing 61-character password? What else can I do to resolve this issue?

-Aaron Feygin

BlackVue   DM

Hi Aaron, Thanks for your question, but unfortunately that password is too long to use for your BlackVue dash cam. Perhaps you can create a guest network on your router, only for the BlackVue? See if this works and let me know.

Dear Tom:

Thank you for the excellent advice. I created a guest network secured by the older WAP protocol as opposed WAP2, and the camera successfully connected to the cloud. Now, I can review recordings at home on my smart phone and I also get push notifications when motion is detected. Thank you very much.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Aaron, Thanks for the update, glad I could help :)

Please get in touch if you have any other questions and please feel free to leave a review if you like.

Thanks,

JeffS
JeffS · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

After a car service I found the dashcam disconnected and since then when I start the car

voice says the normal jargon on start up, but from time to time it appears to turn off and then it repeats the voice jargon again.

Very annoying.

Any comments on this?

BlackVue   DM

Hi JeffS, It may just be coincidental that this happened after you had your car serviced, for us to determine the cause of the problem, we need to inspect the log files on the microSD card. Please email support@blackvue.com.au and our team will respond with the instructions of how to send us the log files.

Fabian
Fabian

Hi Jeff, when you say "found disconnected" please more detail. If you are saying they tampered with some wiring supplying the dashcam i suspect they have caused a intermittent connection fault causing a power cycle to occur do to some variation of voltage. In any sense it pays to have the Magic pro ( black timer delay box) installed as this would also protect the camera from any surges as they disconnect and reconnect cars main starter battery. Also allows parking delay off recording to safe battery levels so you can restart the car with nil flat battery. Regards

PS My issues related to DR650 GW series of camera and unsure if same electronics inside.

Ta Fabian

M12MKD
M12MKD · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hello,

I bought a unit from one of the approved suppliers, all was fine upon installation. But it seems that after 2 shut downs it will not restart for at least 8 hours. I've installed this to only come on with the ignition, to which it works fine. Until say for example I drive to say the shops, park up and return after 15-20 minutes, it then does not turn on.

I've tried reformatting the Blackvue SD card that came with it, and disconnecting the power cable, but it will not reboot back up until the next morning.

This is not my first blackvue product and I'm now concerned about it's reliability, also as part of my insurance I need to make sure this works everytime.

Any suggestions? I've tired contacting the supplier and all they have offered is a refund (which will mean I have to re-install this through the car - around an hours work), I've requested just the units to be replaced but they will not offer this.

BlackVue   DM

Hi M12MKD, Sorry to hear your camera is not working as expected.

Please get in touch with our office so we can get this resolved for you as quickly as possible.

James.

Stevo
Stevo · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

What are the four coloured boxes N R P M?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Stevo, Thanks for you question. N = Normal Recording, E = Event, P = Parking Recording, M = Manual Recording.

There is also an online guide available on the link below

John
John · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

I just installed DR650S -2CH with Magic Pro. My car is parked at home within range of my home wifi router which is Dovado Pro. Downloaded app and registered camera as instructions but cannot connect to blackvue cloud. The Dovado Pro will not show up in the app wifi list. Manually inputting does not work either. Don't know if router is 2.4 or 5 ghz or dual band. Blue wifi icon is on..I read that BlackVue wifi is incompatible with 5ghz band routers. Do I need another router? Hope you can answer. Cheers.

tilba16

Not sure. I connect using an IPad and the Blackvue app. Have to connect wifi first from IPAD to dashcam. Connect via app then setup the connection to the router so it logs in when in range.

BlackVue   DM

Hi John, Thanks for your question.

I can see your router is a dual band router. You will need to make sure it in is the 2.4Ghz configuration as the BlackVue camera is NOT compatible with 5Ghz WiFi.

Below is a link for the cloud set up guide:

external link

Feel free to get in touch if any questions

mike64
mike64 · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

I bought the DR650S 2CH. I took out the SD card for a peek and discovered the park mode not working, as the footage doesn't stop. As well, the map is not working. It shows a map but does not show the road I am on, even after 20 minutes. I have updated the sd card several times, and no good...

What can I do.?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Mike64, Sorry to hear about your camera. This does sound like the GPS is not working correctly. The best way to check is to see if you are getting speed info on the camera footage.

Generally this is a simple repair, which we are happy to organise.

Please feel free to get in touch if you would like to get your camera repaired.

Alastair
Alastair · Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

I have a Mazda CX5 and so have a 12V socket in the boot. How long is the power cord as I would like to power up the unit from the socket in the rear? And, how long is the rear camera cord?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Alastair, The power cord is 4 metres long and the coax cable is 6 metres long.

Ernest · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi,my blackview DR 650gw 2 channel voice guidance and also it wont record audio even though the mic is on.I also cant update the firmware of my dash cam even though I downloaded the latest firmware. I purchased it back in 2015 so Im not sure if it still covered by warranty. Please advise?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Ernest, Sorry to hear about your camera not working. The 650GW camera only came with a 1 year warranty, however they can still be repaired if required.

Please contact our office for troubleshooting and options to move forward.

Best regards,

Stuart T
Stuart T · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi,

I have just installed a BlackVue DR650GW-2CH truck connected to the R-100.

I cannot see the rear camera through the iphone app. nor will it record. I get a message stating to check the camera connection.

I can see the rear camera view through a monitor I have connected to the R-100.

If I connect the rear camera directly to the front camera, bypassing the R-100, everything is fine.

I have reinstalled firmware 1.011 and 2.007. This did not help.

I have also replaced the coax cable from the front camera to the R-100. Again this did not help.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Stuart, This issue may require you to call our support team for further assistance.

Please call us on 08 6267 5167.

Thanks,

Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives

Select a listing for your question
BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Dual Camera is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023, 2019, 2018 and 2017. Learn more