BlackVue Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

BlackVue Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH Questions & Answers (page 2)

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Nate82
Nate82 · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I have a VW 2016 amarok. I left the lights on, the cars’ battery Went dead flat. Charged battery but BlackVue no longer turns on with ignition. How do I fix it? Car battery has full charge.

Luko
Luko

Sorry Nate I have no idea. If you email blackvue Australia they will provide the answer. Cheers

BlackVue   DM

Hi Nate, are you using the Power Magic Pro? or just powering the camera via the 12v outlet in your vehicle? While the engine is running, check the PMP (if fitted) to see if the Green LED is illuminated, also try removing the power cord from the camera for 1 minute, then plugging it back in. Thanks,

CLEGGY
CLEGGY · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My blackvue keeps on asking to check my SD card why?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Cleggy, This notification means that there is an issue with the SD card.

Generally the SD card will need to be formatted to resolve the issue, BlackVue recommend to do this ever couple of weeks or so for best performance.

If the SD card is more than 12 months old, it may have reached the end of its serviceable life and need to be replaced. As with all SD cards they have a finite number of write cycles, BlackVue dash cams run through these quite quickly compared with other technology due to running times and high quality video recordings so it is important to use the correct type of card in your camera. If you continue to hear the "check SD card" message after formatting the SD card, the card may need to be replaced. All BlackVue retailers can facilitate in supplying the correct type of SD card.

Please find the instructions on how to format the SD card below:

external link

Feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions.

Hakan B.

Hi I bought blackvue dr750 s2ch dash cam after 3 mounth decidet do instal my car when I give power from cigaret lighter just flashing white light front nothing voice or any other light and i chekid sd card to computer was emty it det need any program or firmvare in sd card or suppos to work without sd card at the first attemp

Sally · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

We have a DR650GW-2ch with a Magic pro (set to infinity and 12 volts)

Is the front white/blue light (seen from outside) meant to keep flashing or after a while is it supposed to stop?

Also when we park in our garage at night - parking recording files stop after a few hours - until we 'start the car'

Also the dashcam will say 'powering down' whenever a door/hatch is opened (say you put something in it then return to the shops and come back later on) it will not have recorded anything until the car is actually started up again?

Any help would be appreciated Sally

Penrith DS
Penrith DS

The blue led light can be turned on or off in the firmware settings if you don't want it flashing a security light. You may need to check your voltage at the fuse where the power wire is linked. If you say your files are stopping after a few hours this could mean voltage is dropping below the 12 volts set or wires could be around the wrong way if not recording in park mode. If the unit says powering down it is turning off. Check your wiring connections are correct. Ps if you want your card to last longer disconnect power wire from the camera at night. The only problem is the date settings will change if being shown (firmware selection)

Sally

Thank you for your comments - however:

We don't wish to turn the light off (it is a good way to know if the unit is working or not !!!)

The cars battery voltage has been checked as is exactly as it should be

Why would the voltage drop (switching off the unit) is it not designed for use in a car ?????

The auto electrical company has re-checked all the wiring and is as they have done on many other vehicles

I don't want to disconnect anything - I just want it to work

Sibron
Sibron

I would have said your car is not charging the battery fully, but you have had a sparky look at it already, perhaps the power supply is coming from somewhere with volt drop. Your camera is saying all the right things, and its because the power is (or it thinks it is) getting below 12V at the supply to the magic pro, that it is shutting down.

I set my magic pro to 12V because my Ranger has "smart charge" and doesn't always top up the battery to it maximum. But it lasts all night and well into the morning most days.

Perhaps the Magic pro is faulty. You would need to put a multimeter on the supply wire once it has shut off. If it is over 12V, ask Blackbox for a new Magic pro.

PKG
PKG · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I am having the same issue of connecting to cloud and I am following all the right steps but the live view icon is not turning blue,any suggestions?

Jose G
Jose G · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

How long after formatting the SD Card does it take to initialize? My dash cam Dr-650-2channel keeps saying “ please do not turn off the power- initializing the SD Card “ for over 20 minutes

Ilona V
Ilona V

I am having the same problem. How long did yours take to initialize?

Katie A.
Katie A.

Did you ever find out this answer as I am currently having the same issue and it’s driving me nuts!

Frankj S
Frankj S

I have encountered this same problem today but it doesn't look like anyone has responded to this problem. Any news?

Hakan B.

Hi I hawe Blackvue dr750 s 2 chn.dashcam.it not responding flashing vhite light not blue and red and not voice comment.I bought öne mountain ago didnt have time to installere my car antill to day pleaced blackvue sd card and trayed power on of no respons

Ana W
Ana W · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I connect to the BlackVue app vía WiFi but when I try to load recordings I get the message that WiFi signal is too weak. Updated Firmware and disconnected auto join (as per blog recommendations) Reformatted sd card. Any thoughts?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Ana, Weak WiFi can be caused by a few different factors, some of the more common ones are:

1. Low power, if the voltage is getting towards the lower end required, this can cause a weak connection, make sure the car engine is running before downloading any files.

2. WiFi interference can cause a poor connection. If there are many WiFi networks in the area it may be an option to drive around the corner to reduce the number of interfering networks.

3. Distance from the camera unit. The mobile device should really be within 3 meters of the camera for a good connection.

If you are still experiencing problems after exhausting the above fixes, feel free to get in touch with our tech support team.

Sharon Igawa
Sharon Igawa

Was this issue ever solved?? When I press the WiFi button on the cam, it doesn’t say anything. When trying to connect to WiFi, the camera is not listed to connect.
When I first received the product, the connection went smooth but after a few months it stopped working.

Michelle
Michelle · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

The camera will start recording and say "Blackview for your..." and things will be okay but then just a mile or so down the road it will say "Restarting". There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why or when it will restart. At times it will do this 6-10 times with a minute apart. What is going on?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Michelle, Sorry to hear you having issues with your camera. This scenario normally means the SD card has run through is servicable life and can no longer write information to the card quickly enough, causing the camera to restart. The best thing to do is replace the SD card by either purchase or warranty replacement if less than 12 months old.

All BlackVue SD cards have a 12 month warranty and are available from our authorised dealers. external link

Please only use compatible SD cards that are "MLC Class 10 Endurance". BlackVue only recommends genuine or Auto BlackBox SD cards.

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

Best Regards

Toko
Toko · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I was using the camera to reformat my sd card.

After that it went into configuration and keep prompt me that there is in valid system configuration.

Pls kindly advise?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Toko, Best thing to do is, format the SD card in your PC and apply the latest firmware to the card. Then place it back into your camera to perform the upgrade.

Let us know how you go.

NGZ
NGZ · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I have connect my phone to the camera’s wifi but when I enter the app and try to download a file, it takes a long time buffering then saying unable to display the map because your smartphone isn’t connected to the internet. Really hope u guys can help me out here

BlackVue   DM

Hi NGZ, I have seen this before with Android phones, can you confirm what type of phone you are using? Perhaps try doing a firmware upgrade and trying again, even try another phone. Let us know how yo go.

Hakan B.

Hi my blackvue sd card ar empty Notting in and ım trayıng to open blackvue de 750 s 2ch just flashing white light front not blu and red can you help mi .do I Need to download program sd card first?

Patrickkazzi · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi there,

I have the Blackvue camera DR 650GW-2CH . I had it for few months but now it saying out of the speaker " initialisation of SD card , Do not turn off Power". I have magic pro to and installed by a professional. could you please let me know what could be the problem ?

Regards,

Patrick.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Patrickkazzi, Is the camera just repairing this over and over? If so, it is likely that the microSD Card is faulty and will need to be exchanged for a new one.

Let me know how you go.

Auto Blackbox Pty Ltd.

Patrickkazzi

Thank you Tom, i appreciate that.

Regards

Patrick

Andrew C
Andrew C · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

So I currently have a Blackvue 650 dual camera setup with it hooked up to a power magic pro! Currently I have the Blackvue on parking mode for g-sensor only, I want to have it to pick up motion at close range after my car being keyed twice in 3 months by 2 lowlifes who are related to each other!

However when I try to change the settings in the app and slide it the motion parking sensitivity off of 0 to say 10 or anything else it never saves! I hit save and exit from my smartphone using the latest version of the app, the camera resets and the Blackvue reverts back to only G sensor only! I have contacted Blackvue Aus and still have no luck or idea why this isn't saving, I need it to record on motion ASAP before more damage is done costing me hundreds of dollars! I've tried 2 different smart phones and yet it does the same thing, however it works fine with the 1 channel unit in a friends car, any help ASAP would be nice to get these 2 prosecuted and pay for damages

BlackVue   DM

Hi Andrew, Based on what you have said, it seems to me that the SD Card is faulty - it is not allowing any changes to be made to te settings.

Are you able to format the SD Card? If not, this is a good indication that the SD Card is faulty and will need replacing.

G Hi
G Hi

Do it in a PC and you probably wont have any problems Have seen more problems than enough from people trying to do this sort of thing Otherewise try a different card as said above

Vik
Vik · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi, I have a blackvue camera for my car too. When I removed the sd card and tried to view it in my computer. The Record folder could not be accessed. Keeps prompting it to be corrupt or unreadable. I've tried reformatting to no avail. When I tried to 'chkdsk' the folder through command prompt it shows the Record folder to contain a nonvalid link. I can't seem to access my videos. Chekd the file size and it was at 0 Bytes too. Makes me think that it never recorded any videos from the beginning. Do advice. Cheers!

BlackVue   DM

Hi Vik, Thanks for your question.

This does suggest the SD card is corrupt and will no longer work. This can happen due to poor power supply or excessive high temperatures as well as general use over time. All BlackVue SD cards come with a 12 month warranty. If your SD card is less than 12 months old we can replace it for you with your proof of purchase. Alternatively these are available from our authorised dealers around Australia. (Only BlackVue SD cards are recommended for BlackVue Cameras)

Please get in touch if any questions.

Ken
Ken · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi there, I have my 650-2ch for three years on three different vehicles. It worked perfectly on my Jeep SRT and Porsche Cayenne but not on my 2018 ford raptor. The problem is I have the power magic pro on, the camera is off right after the engine is off. I tried on and 6 hrs to infinity, none works. My aim is to let the parking mode on, and have this magic pro in case I’m leaving more than a week and I could switch to only record for 72 hrs. Now I removed the magic pro and keep the cam on 24/7. I dunno if you have any solutions based on my need?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Ken, It sounds to me that the wiring is not correct - make sure the RED wire is to IGNITION and the YELLOW wire it to CONSTANT.

If they are wired back to front, then you will receive the error that you are currently having.

Double check and let us know.

Dan M
Dan M · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi! Where can i get the latest version here in Canberra, which is the DR650S-2CH?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Dan, thanks for your question. You can use our dealer locator to find a local authorised BlackVue stockist in your area: external link  Also, the DR750S-2CH is now the latest BlackVue model with Full HD 1080P front & rear. Thanks again!

Ronn Chee
Ronn Chee · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi sir, when I inserted a new formatted sd card into my DR650, there is a message “sd card is initializing, please don’t don’t turn off the power”.

This message kept repeating for every 15 seconds, non stop till my patience wore off. I tried a few new sd cards, all same message.

Kindly advise.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Ron, Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your camera.

Please ensure you are using a genuine BlackVue SD card as some 3rd party SD cards are not compatible and will prevent the camera from operating correctly. These are available for purchase from any authorised BlackVue dealer and come with a 12 month warranty.

If the issue still persists you are welcome to return the camera for assessment using the link below.

Robert W
Robert W · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My blackvue 650 2-channel with WiFi if I unplug it it won't come back on does this several times I'll come out the next morning is on is anybody else having this problem? talk to technical support several times three different power cords

BlackVue   DM

Hi Robert, Sorry to hear you're having troubles with your BlackVue.

The symptoms you describe are quite strange, non of our staff are familiar with this case, please contact our office for assistance on the details below.

nickp
nickp · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

i have a blackvue dr650gw-2ch, keeps saying no sd card, i have done the firmware update, changed sd cards etc, but will not read any sd card. Any help?

BlackVue   DM

Hi nickp, Sounds like the camera could be faulty, best to reach out to our RMA team by emailing them at support@blackvue.com.au They should be able to offer further assistance to get this issue resolved for you.

Ernest
Ernest · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Can I buy just the cord from the front camera to the rear camera?because i broke the gold pin fro the front camera while trying to remove the memory card.

tilba16
tilba16

Had the same problem so bought a new cable from www.sportgps.com.au

RJM
RJM

Yes. You can get them from .www.autoblackbox.com.au/accessories/coaxial-cable/

- Note: although they advertise 0.5M / 6M / 10M / 15M Options, the shortest one available is actually 1.5 metres.

Kevin
Kevin · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Do I get notified when my son unplugs the camera?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Kevin, Thanks for your question. The camera will not be able to send a notification once the power has been removed. However there is a tamper proof bracket available to prevent access to the cables and SD card.

Hope this helps.

Ernest
Ernest · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi my blackvue dr650gw 2 channel just stopped working. i try to connect the wifi but all the lights are off. I tried removing the sd card and reinsert again but it stil not working at all. Any help?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Ernest, Sorry to hear about your BlackVue DR650GW.

If all the lights are off, it sounds like a power issue. Please check the connection for both the CIG plug and camera connection to ensure this is not the cause. Please feel free to contact our office for troubleshooting and options to resolve your issue.

Look forward to hearing from you,

08 6267 5167

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives

Select a listing for your question
BlackVue Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

BlackVue Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023, 2019, 2018 and 2017. Learn more