BlackVue Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

BlackVue Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH Questions & Answers (page 3)

Verified🏆 2024 Award
M12MKD
M12MKD · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hello,

I bought a unit from one of the approved suppliers, all was fine upon installation. But it seems that after 2 shut downs it will not restart for at least 8 hours. I've installed this to only come on with the ignition, to which it works fine. Until say for example I drive to say the shops, park up and return after 15-20 minutes, it then does not turn on.

I've tried reformatting the Blackvue SD card that came with it, and disconnecting the power cable, but it will not reboot back up until the next morning.

This is not my first blackvue product and I'm now concerned about it's reliability, also as part of my insurance I need to make sure this works everytime.

Any suggestions? I've tired contacting the supplier and all they have offered is a refund (which will mean I have to re-install this through the car - around an hours work), I've requested just the units to be replaced but they will not offer this.

BlackVue   DM

Hi M12MKD, Sorry to hear your camera is not working as expected.

Please get in touch with our office so we can get this resolved for you as quickly as possible.

James.

08 6267 5167

Stevo
Stevo · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

What are the four coloured boxes N R P M?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Stevo, Thanks for you question. N = Normal Recording, E = Event, P = Parking Recording, M = Manual Recording.

There is also an online guide available on the link below

external link

Ernest
Ernest · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi,my blackview DR 650gw 2 channel voice guidance and also it wont record audio even though the mic is on.I also cant update the firmware of my dash cam even though I downloaded the latest firmware. I purchased it back in 2015 so Im not sure if it still covered by warranty. Please advise?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Ernest, Sorry to hear about your camera not working. The 650GW camera only came with a 1 year warranty, however they can still be repaired if required.

Please contact our office for troubleshooting and options to move forward.

Best regards,

08 6267 5167

Stuart T
Stuart T · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi,

I have just installed a BlackVue DR650GW-2CH truck connected to the R-100.

I cannot see the rear camera through the iphone app. nor will it record. I get a message stating to check the camera connection.

I can see the rear camera view through a monitor I have connected to the R-100.

If I connect the rear camera directly to the front camera, bypassing the R-100, everything is fine.

I have reinstalled firmware 1.011 and 2.007. This did not help.

I have also replaced the coax cable from the front camera to the R-100. Again this did not help.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Stuart, This issue may require you to call our support team for further assistance.

Please call us on 08 6267 5167.

Natasha
Natasha · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My blackvue camera has suddenly stopped recording. Only the blue light for GPS is on. No more sound or voice. Disappointing as I had already sent it in to repair when the voice went shaky and incomprehendable. I have not done anything to it. One day I just realised i didnt hear the voice any more and saw it wasn't recording. What could cause this and is it repairable?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Natasha, Sorry to hear your camera has stopped working. This could be an issue with the SD card. If the camera powers up without the SD card you should hear the prompt "No SD card, please insert the SD card" If the camera does not power up correctly, it will need to be returned for repair.

Please follow the link below to the warranty and returns page

external link

Please feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.

BlackVue Australia

anniesland driving
anniesland driving · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

camera has work perfect for 3 years so its out of warrant, lately it started eating sd cards , 2 per week then it started saying invalid system configuration, so I purchased a genuine blackvue sd card but still the same message, can you possibly help.

BlackVue   DM

Hi anniesland driving, Even though your camera is out of warranty, please follow our RMA procedure and our team will happily look into this for you.

Our RMA procedure can be found here: external link

Chumblybum
Chumblybum

Hi there, glad I saw this post as exactly the same issue for me with my DR-650GW-2CH.

Worked fine for two years, then started rebooting/restarting, replaced the SD card and now just a blue GPS Light.

Did usual power down for a few hours and retried.

I too have bought new SD cards, reformatted using Blackvue tool. Didn’t work.

[directed at Blackvue] - How do I get this fixed? I am aware the 650gw is no longer produced, are there spare/replacement head units?

ozkiwi
ozkiwi · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi My DRS650-2c will not recognize any SD card I have tried 3 new one plus the original card 4gb sent with the unit. Blackvue just saids please check the SD card. Any help?

Viking

I have not heard of this before. Did the installer not check this as part of their task? There is no credible reason why it shoukd not work as I presume the onecthat came with it is a Pittasoft brand? If not, order 1 from an online blackvue stockist. I have only ever used blackvue-made sd cards. Good luck.

BlackVue   DM

Hi ozkiwi, I think it may be the SD card you are using. I can confirm genuine BlackVue cameras DO NOT ship with 4GB SD cards. Please make sure you are using a genuine BlackVue camera and genuine BlackVue (Pittasoft) Sd card.

Virginia
Virginia · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I bought my blackvue DR 650GW-2CH in November 2015 after a recommendation from my daughter and her boyfriend as they both bought one for their cars. All three have stopped working. Mine said the card was full. When we emptied the card it then wouldnt recognise it. We tried another card and had the same problem. I rang the company who installed the cameras for us, but was informed they no longer sell this brand as they have had exactly the same problems as we have had. They now sell the Thinkwear cameras. Is there anything I can do to fix the problem without having to buy another camera? Or do you know of anybody on the Central Coast who can fix it for me? Virginia

Hi Virginia,

We have 3 of the same camera in the family and have not had that problem. My wife's camera recently had a speaker issue and it was still under warranty. We sent it to Auto Black box Pty Ltd in WA and they fixed it. If yours is still under warranty get in touch with them. Otherwise ring them on 08 62675167 and ask for their advice. They were fantastic to deal with.

Pete.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Virginia, As Pete mentioned, best to contact us on 08 6267 5167 or email support@autoblackbox.com.au

One of our team members will be able to assist you with your faulty cameras.

Viking

Sorry. Never had that problem.

Joyce
Joyce · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Can the BlackVue camera be detached easily? I got break into at underground parking (home) and last BlackVue dash cam got stolen. I wonder if the BlackVue front view cam can be detached easily every night when I come home and reattach it the next day when I drive.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Joyce, You can easily remove the BlackVue from it's bracket by pressing the lock button on the bracket. Just make sure you carefully unplug the power and coax cable from the camera.

Hi Joyce,

Tom has answered your question. I might just add that the unlock button if you don't know is up under the mounting bracket ring that holds the camera in place. If you have a rear camera then you need to disconnect the single cable and just firmly slide it out of its mount bracket.

Jeff · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My camera has worked fine for the last 2 years but as of yesterday it no longer turns on. I have checked the power feed and can confirm it is receiving power. Any help?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Jeff, Thanks for your question. If the power cable has checked out OK, it may be an internal fault with the camera itself.

I'd suggest sending the camera back to us for inspection.

Our RMA procedure can be found here: external link

Jeff

Thanks for the answer. Being 2 years old however it is out of warranty. What are my options in this case?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Jeff, I would still send it back to us and let our RMA team inspect it.

If any costs are involved, we will let you know before carrying out the repair.

Tauro202
Tauro202 · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Does it record audio in parking mode and/or does it record audio in parking mode in the case of an event? Thanks

BlackVue   DM

Hi Tauro202, If audio record is enabled, it will record audio, regardless of the recording mode the camera is in.

Blueyis · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

When I pull the power cable from the camera I no longer get the shutting down voice notification. Also the date and time regularly fall behind, especially after a couple of days sitting. I have the power magic pro and it has been installed for about 18 months without these problems previously. Any idea why these are happening? and are they related?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Blueyis, Sounds like the RTC module/battery in your camera is faulty and will need replacing. Have you contacted us via our support page so we can rectify this for you?

If not, I suggest doing so, that way our RMA team can get this issue resolved for you asap.

Don't worry that your camera is out of warranty, just contact our team and they will be sort out the rest.

Our RMA support can be found here: external link

Cheers,

Blueyis

Sent the unit back and it has been replaced with a new unit as it was faulty. Very good service and backup of the product.

Peter · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I absolutely love my BlackVue but the voice recording always seems to turn off off for a couple days ...?? I need it to be working cause sometimes I have to rewind my camera to listen to a conversation I had on my uhf in my truck with the customer to verify something and when I turn it on the voice recording is off....??? I regularly reformat the card but I'm sick of doing it and never know when the voice recording has switched off or not.. any ideas ???

Wallyworld
Wallyworld

Peter the voice activation can be switched on or off by swiping your finger across the left hand face of the unit. So you might be deactivating it without realizing it.

Peter

No sorry but where it's installed is way out of my reach I know what you're saying though

searchingfordashcam
searchingfordashcam · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Dear Sir or Madame,

I have purchased and returned 4 different brand and model Dash Cams within the last 2 months because none of them had video quality good enough to capture license plates unless the car is less than 10 feet and directly in front of mine. The only thing I'm interested in is whether or not this Dash Cam has video quality good enough to capture license plate numbers at a further distance and also peripherally. Does the DR650 GW do this?

BlackVue   DM

Hi searchingfordashcam, Firstly I would go with the DR650S series, this is the later model then the DR650GW you mention. Secondly, this particular BlackVue dash cam can capture licence plates at distances of 30-50 metres, however, this is dependant on many factors such as lighting and the travelling speed of each vehicle. I would advise you to look at some videos on YouTube to see if you feel the footage would be satisfactory.

Tabs
Tabs · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I purchased this camera back in may 2016 and it recently stopped working. It keeps saying initialising sd card please do not disconnect the power. It keeps saying it non stop. Can anyone please help me in this matter? Thanks

BlackVue   DM

Hi Tabs, Sorry to hear you are having issues with your BlackVue. Have you contacted us via our website for warranty support, BlackVue Australia?

If not, here is the link: external link  or feel free to call us on 08 6267 5167.

Follow the link and get in touch with our warranty team and they'll be able to sort this out for you. Most likely they will send you a replacement camera, but best to get in touch with them so they can assist you.

Steve
Steve · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My camera constantly restarts or crashes. I thought it was a faullty BlackVue 64gb SD Card, so I purchased a new BlackVue 64gb card which made no difference. The card is formatted as FAT32 with the BlackVue PC Player.

My warranty has expired, If the camera is faulty, is it possible to buy a new front camera for my dual setup?

Steve

BlackVue   DM

Hi Steve, Sorry to hear you are having issues with your BlackVue. Best thing to do is contact us via our Warranty and Returns page: external link

This way our RMA team can get back to you with the most suitable outcome.

Peter · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Can you give me some idea how to check if my Blackvue DR650S-2CH with a Power Magic Pro is draining my car battery as im having problems if I park the car for say 3-4 days?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Peter, Please make sure your Power Magic has been installed correctly, as it sounds like it has been installed incorrectly. The Yellow wire needs to be wired to a constant source and the red wire needs to be wired to an ignition source. Also make sure that the voltage cut-off is set correctly. Thank you,

Scott P
Scott P · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi there, my Blackvue DR650GW-2Ch stopped working today, literally lifeless. Before I contact the dealer who installed it do you have any suggestions?

Sam
Sam

Try another power source, it might be the cable.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Scott, I would suggest trying an alternate power source. If your camera is powered with a power magic pro, try powering it directly from the cig socket. Alternatively your local dealer should be able to help diagnose the problem. Regards James Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

AusCro
AusCro · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Hi there. I have an issue with the Blackvue Over the Cloud, that only seems to have occurred this evening. I had my cameras installed 5 days ago & I installed both the, Blackvue Viewer Over the Cloud on my PC & The Blackvue Over the Cloud App on my iPhone. Both were working fine up until this evening. Now both the Blackvue Viewer & Over the Cloud App on my phone are not working. The wifi is working on my phone when I connect to my cameras however the Over the Cloud is not working either on my PC nor my phone. When I open the Blackvue Viewer on my PC an and click on 'Cloud' an error message appears 'Error. Please try again later'. When I open up the Blackvue App on my phone & press 'BLACKVUE CLOUD' the App crashes. Are there any issues with the 'Blackvue Over the Cloud' at the moment that you are aware of?

BlackVue   DM

Hi AusCro, Sorry to hear you're having issues with the BlackVue software. I am not aware of any known issues with the software at this stage, though the manufacturer in Korea do sometimes perform routine maintenance, so this may be the cause. Can I suggest trying again after a couple of hours. If this does not work, please uninstall both programs and install them again, make sure your restart your computer and phone after you uninstall the software. If this does not work, please send me a screenshot of the error so I can forward this to the engineers for inspection. My email is tom@autoblackbox.com.au

Auto BlackBox Pty LTd.

aussieman11
aussieman11 · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My Blackvue is 12 months old and the speaker has gone anyone have the same problem?

BlackVue   DM

Hi aussieman11, If you like, send your front camera back to me and I will replace this for you, free of charge.

Just include a return satchel for your camera so I can send it back to you.

Also, fill out our RMA form located on our website, all the instructions can be found here: external link

David B
David B

Yes mine did exactly the same thing. Now after it was fixed it's turning itself off and freezing. I'm thinking this is a very expensive window ornament. I think I'll just cut my losses and buy a cheap one that I'd expect these basic quality failures

BlackVue   DM

Hi aussieman11, Have you sent your camera back yet? Let me know if I can do anything else to help you out.

Cheers,

Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives

Select a listing for your question
BlackVue Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

BlackVue Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023, 2019, 2018 and 2017. Learn more