BlackVue Dual Truck Camera D650S-TR-IR-16

BlackVue Dual Truck Camera D650S-TR-IR-16

4.0 from 1 review

Good, but not cheap

This is not actually what I wanted. I wanted one with a screen because I have a Bull motor body on the back and it would be good to be able to see what is directly behind me as I am driving.
Ultimately the rear camera was the clincher for getting this unit over any other, it was the only one in Australia at the time with an all weather rear camera. I also opted for the BlackVue SD card, they are expensive but I watched a Youtube reviewer who had issues with a non BlackVue SD card so I figured I would forego that pain and get one straight from the start. The stupid pricing on the SD card is what prompted me to give 4 stars, not 5.
There were a couple of issues in the first month or so, that ended up being caused by the SD card failing.
Claiming warranty was totaly painless though. Black box in Perth were a pleasure to deal with.
The front camera is unobtrusive and it has performed well since a firmware update in March.
I do like that it will record while parked too.

Hi Sibron, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad that you're were happy with your new dash cam and your after sales experience was up to standard. We understand that high end SD cards are more expensive than their generic counter parts. This is due to the specific standards recommended by the manufacturer to ensure the most reliable footage is captured in a stable format. Although Generic SD cards may work for the short term they typically cycle through their write-cycles very quickly rendering the card and therefore the camera useless. To ensure your camera works to its optimal performance we recommend MLC High Endurance SD cards. If you have any other questions regarding your dash cam, feel free to get in touch with our support team. Best Regards, BlackVue Australia

See all BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S reviews