BlackVue Single Camera DR650GW-1CH

BlackVue Single Camera DR650GW-1CH

JarkkoAdelaide

Paid premium but it failed to deliver

Purchased one about three years ago, and the sound recording failed after three weeks. I had the unit replaced as I refused to wait three weeks for it to be repaired. After 18 months of usage, the sound recording failed again. We got better value from a unit in my wife's car that was one third the price. Because of the cost and poor reliability, I can only give it two stars.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Jarkko, no worries, look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks,
Tom.
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Andrew

AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

An excellent quality basic dash cam

AJN

AJNBrisbane

Have only used this one so it is hard to compare what it offers for it's price.

saygdaytorob

saygdaytorobBrisbane, QLD

Buy from Auto BlackBox online for a great camera brand

Have owned and used my Blackvue DR650GW for a couple of years now, never missed a beat. Auto BlackBox have been extremely helpful from the beginning to ownership and now when I wanted a larger SD card and an additional bracket, they have been first class in customer service. Can't believe my order from ordering late one arvo arrives the next morning at my work!! Great communication throughout with clear emails confirming everything was dispatched and had arrived and the purchase was complete. Highly recommended if you want no fuss prompt service to your doorstep, and great products too to buy and get support on. I can't wait to get the next camera just to use them again :) Thank you again James for making the above happen.

MikeMPerth, WA

Image quality considerably reduced in just over a year

Had this unit for over a year now along with a polarising filter . Started off very good quality recording. Slowly the right hand side became blurred then the left hand side. Now cannot even read a number plate of a car directly in front and very close. Don't think it can take the heat therefore unfortunately I cannot recommend this unit. Just ordered a Vicovation Opia 2.

Hello Tom
The unit was purchased (for $429) on 4 August 2015 from Audio Precision Pty Ltd, Myaree. I was told the unit was the latest and had only just come out. The numbers on the unit are DR65GS1E5E00340.
Regards
Mike

excellent dashcam

Very happy with this dashcam. Setup was super easy as was the installation. Play back is fast and simple with awesome HD detail even at night which is where most of my driving occurs. Small enough to be mounted in the center of the windscreen without impeding vision. Would definitely recommend this camera if you are serious about capturing all the details.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Thanks for the great review!!

crs

crsDubbo

Best car cam out there

100*/* love this dash cam, work right out of the box, easy instructions.
I used the app to fine tune the angle for best view.
Easy to install by self, in under 20 mins.
Clear day/night video, 32 gb SD card is the smallest i would use.
Would encourage people to buy one.

These are perfect for our needs!

We have approximately 10 cameras in different vehicles and have used footage for insurance purposes, with some of the other road users on the road unaware of their surroundings it makes them more accountable for their stupidity! the footage that was have retrieved back off of our cameras, it is very clear and also footage from night time is reasonably clear also!! will definitely be purchasing more of them.

Gok

GokMelbourne

Excellent camera

Have had dash cams for about 4 years now and this by far is the best that I have owned. Wifi viewing without having to take out the sd card is the best feature.

Takes a bit of fiddling around to update the firmware and configure settings, but once you get the hang of it, it works out fine.

Bruce

BruceBrisbane

Excellant Dash Camera

I have recently upgraded my dash camera to a DR650GW-1CH. This is the third Blackvue I have purchased as they continually improve on previous models and has great picture qualities. The Camera comes with ample cable so you can place the excess cord behind the A pillar facade with elevates swinging cables in the driver sight. It is easily operated on both Apple Mac and Microsoft computers. The Blackvue is a compact camera which hides behind the rearview mirror.

flareG

flareGSydney

Guardian Angel

Blackvue DR650GW-1CH for Rental Cars

Outstanding Dash Cam. I already own 2 x DR650GW-2CH for both my wife's car and mine, both are hard wired and give us a sense of security even when away from our car. The compact format of the camera allows it to be placed out of sight behind the mirror while still having a large viewing area on my iPad. I would recommend the Blackvue cameras to others and have purchased the DR650GW-1CH for taking on holidays to use in Rental Cars. I did a mod which allows it to be transferred from car to car with no hassle as it does not have to be fixed to the windscreen.

Rod Mcleod

Rod Mcleod

Very satisfied with the after sales service

We have had two BlackVue DR650GW-1CH cameras in our vehicles for quite awhile now, We are very happy to recommend them. As we have private carers drive our vehicles from time to time we feel very confident that the HD footage will be invaluable in case of an accident. We looked at many in car systems but came back to the BlackVue DR650GW-1CH system each time.

sprintergirl

sprintergirlsydney

Excellent Camera

Quick delivery of the camera. I purchased this for my parents, was easy to install in the car. I setup the software on my parents PC and they are able to remove the SD card and watch on their PC. Great Picture

Very Happy with purchase, I would recommend this camera.

Great Camera

I purchased this to assist with writing reports for work.
vision is clear and steady.
Software for camera and computer was easy to install and use.
Wi fi, is an excellent feature, making the transferring of video from camera to phone a breeze.
I recommend this camera to anyone who uses the videos for there business.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Thank you Brian for your review today!

DR650 dash cam

This is an excellent camera, very easy to install and set up. Delivery was overnight. The wifi feature is maybe the the best feature, allowing you to connect your smart phone or tab to view the video files or live camera. Very user friendly.I would recommend Blackvue to anyone wanting a quality dash cam.

Great product.

I am extremely happy with this camera. I was very impressed by the quick delivery. Installed within a couple of hours after removing my older model. Worked as it should with great picture quality. I can't fault anything with either the camera or the service provided. I strongly recommend this car camera.

Lester

LesterIpswich

Excellent Dashcam

Great Product

Just purchased a DR650 accompanied with a CELLINK-B Battery pack, this was done after a lot of research through Google and You Tube.

DR650 – Delivery of product seamless and secure 5/5
Installation information with product. 5/5
Installation itself. 4/5
Reliability since installation. 5/5

CELLINK-B Battery pack – Great product to be accompanied with the DR650 unitising the Parking feature also protects you car battery as you have another source of battery power, also if you are a Long Term car parker like myself, you are covered with this feature for any unwanted bumps, break-ins or vandalism.
Installation can be hard-wired but I went with just using the cigarette lighter connection 5/5.

Best yet

This is the second BlackVue camera I've purchased , the first was a DR400 about five years ago and I found it an excellent piece of kit and it captured quite a number of near miss incidents including some criminal activity, now the DR650GW looks the goods, easy to install, it took approx 10 mins, runs a lot cooler has a lot more features than the DR400 ie: WiFi ,touch on off voice record ,speed alert, mapping also very good, being black it's almost hidden behind the rear view mirror ,picture quality is a lot better , I've also bought one for my partner's car. Very happy with the DR650 , wouldn't be without it...

See all BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S reviews

Harman A.

Harman A.asked

My BlackVue dr650 keep on restarting please Help what to do??

mine did the same. Replaced under warranty many times. Gave up in the end after last replacement and sold it. Might be the SD card. Try to format the card. If it says not formattable try a new card

Hello Harman,
Sorry to hear that this is happening to your BlackVue camera. May I suggest contacting our support team and they will be able to assist you? But it does sound like the mSD card is faulty. You can reach the support team by emailing support@blackvue.com.au
Feel free to get in touch if you have any further questions.
Tom.
BlackVue Australia.

Squizzy

Squizzyasked

Where to buy around Adelaide. My post code is 5045. I am not too sure the difference between the W os the S model.

Tassie Devil
Tassie Devil

Hi Squizzy,
Firstly the "W" is now a discontinued model, so no worries there. They must have a newer version available.
I live in Tassie and bought mine from NSW, this is the site : www.sparesbox.com.au.
They were fantastic, great mob to deal with and very helpful. On top of that it was a quick delivery too.
Some of the best "deals" are on the "net" so shop around and see what you can find.
I got our 2 cars fitted by an Auto Electrician, hard-wired not plugged in, starts a couple of minutes after turning on the ignition, talks to you to tell you it's working :)
Hope this helps.
Kind Regards,
Tassie Devil.

John

Johnasked

Hi. The dashcam does a great job at detecting an event. Is there any way to 'tell' the dashcam to save vision of an event that it cannot detect through impact - for example of an incident further up the road - that would make it easier for a user to find that specific incident when reviewing footage later on? Thanks

Hi John,
Glad you are enjoying your dash camera.
The camera settings can be configured to trigger manual recordings using the proximity sensor on the opposite side of the camera to the cables. By default this sensor enables/disables the microphone however this can be changed to manual recording instead, a link explaining how to do this is below.

You can then search for the manual recording using the N P E M filters in the search list (N = Normal P = Parking E = Event M = Manual)
Feel free to get in touch if any other questions.
Best Regards,
James
BlackVue Australia

Lidia
Lidia

Hi John, i am yet to use the option James mentioned above.
I have on a couple of occasions witnessed accidents that the canera had not detected as an event.
What i have done is noted the time. The way i do this is by taking a screenshot on my phone of the wallpaper

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives

CategoryDash Cams