BlackVue Single Camera DR650GW-1CH

BlackVue Single Camera DR650GW-1CH (page 2 of 2)

This is a great dashcam

Very impressed by the DR650 since its been delivered and the impressed with updates once the DR650 was sent of the dealer. The DR650 was so easy to install, use and connect to the software images are so clear. The camera fits perfectly behind my rear view mirror so not in my view at all.

Quick service and easy to install

I was very impressed by the quick delivery just before xmas. Installed within a couple of hours after removing my older model (also a blackvue). Worked as it should with great picture quality and wifi makes it so easy to communicate with the camera. I can't fault anything with either the camera or the service provided.

A brilliant tool in the event that you are in an accident

Our vehicle was in an accident and the Blackvue camera recorded the vehicle speed , the colour of the traffic lights , location and time . Ideal to demonstrate to insurers that the vehicle was not at fault . The recorder provides all of this information in the one system. We have tried cheaper dashcams but they do come close to the Blackvue in terms of quality

The best Blackvue yet

I have been buying Blackvue for about 4 years and this is my 8th dashcam and I have bought 3 DR650's.
I install them in my heavy trucks, utes and personal vehicles.
The 650 is definitely a leap ahead of even their last cam. (which I thought was excellent also) Clearer vision, sound that is crisp. Wifi is easy to set up to quickly help install the camera on the windscreen. All the cameras have stayed on the windscreen!!
It fits easily behind rear view mirrors and is non intrusive.
I have bought all mine from autoblackbox.com.au and they are without doubt the easiest to deal with. Free express postage and always able to contact them for support or help.
This is a quality product, I WILL be buying another one or two or three.

This is what technology should be

I tried a few other car cam's - cheaper and not - but all were incredibly inferior, limited, even non-functional. This one is in a completely different league. How easy can they make it? This easy. Simple instant connection to PC, Mobile, Wifi - all perfect! Who needs buttons, small screens and crappy menus when you can do it all from the mobile.

A lot of fun

I can't believe how many close encounters i have recorded since buying this CAM. There are some crazy drivers out there. This DASHCAM is very easy to use and installation/setup was a breeze. It is great being able to playback a days events and share with family and friends. Hopefully I won't have to use recorded data as evidence but if i do I know that the information will be clear and very accurate as to time and place of incident.

Excellent dashcam

I am extremely happy with this camera. I have updated from a cheaper $70 dashcam and I couldn't be happier. It is very easy to install and even easier to use. I have never had it fall off the windsreen like previous cams which can become quite annoying. It is also a very discreet camera inside and out.

This Product is Working Perfectly For Me

This is my second Auto blackbox, the performance of the camera is perfect and react time is fast as well. As the product is easy to use as well. After sale is good, I receive the product within two days with free shipment. I will definitely go back to buy another one.

See all BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S reviews

Where to buy around Adelaide. My post code is 5045. I am not too sure the difference between the W os the S model.
Hi Squizzy, Firstly the "W" is now a discontinued model, so no worries there. They must have a newer version available. I live in Tassie and bought mine from NSW, this is the site : www.sparesbox.com.au. They were fantastic, great mob to deal with and very helpful. On top of that it was a quick delivery too. Some of the best "deals" are on the "net" so shop around and see what you can find. I got our 2 cars fitted by an Auto Electrician, hard-wired not plugged in, starts a couple of minutes after turning on the ignition, talks to you to tell you it's working :) Hope this helps. Kind Regards, Tassie Devil.

Hi. The dashcam does a great job at detecting an event. Is there any way to 'tell' the dashcam to save vision of an event that it cannot detect through impact - for example of an incident further up the road - that would make it easier for a user to find that specific incident when reviewing footage later on? Thanks
Hi John, Glad you are enjoying your dash camera. The camera settings can be configured to trigger manual recordings using the proximity sensor on the opposite side of the camera to the cables. By default this sensor enables/disables the microphone however this can be changed to manual recording instead, a link explaining how to do this is below. https://helpcenter.blackvue.com/hc/en-us/articles/231693247-What-does-manual-recording-mean- You can then search for the manual recording using the N P E M filters in the search list (N = Normal P = Parking E = Event M = Manual) Feel free to get in touch if any other questions. Best Regards, James BlackVue AustraliaHi John, i am yet to use the option James mentioned above. I have on a couple of occasions witnessed accidents that the canera had not detected as an event. What i have done is noted the time. The way i do this is by taking a screenshot on my phone of the wallpaper

Hi, Just noticed my receipt says I bought a DR650S-1ch but the camera is a DR650GW-1ch, the box has both stickers on it. Why is this? I thought I was getting the latest camera. Colin
Hi Colin, Can you tell me the serial number of your camera (located on the base of the camera) and where you purchased this from? Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi Tom, The serial no. is D65GS1ECE00409. I got it at Malaga Auto one Cheers, ColinHi Colin, It seems the serial number you supplied does belong to a DR650GW-1CH. I suggest you contact Malaga Auto one regarding this sale, get in touch with me if you have any further issues. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Compare all BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S