BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S

BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S (page 2 of 8)

Dual Camera, Single Camera

motion sensor warnings are flooding in post firmware upgrade

Hi,

Today I upgraded the firmware of my dashcam.

Post the upgrade, the sensor warnings are flooding in despite the fact that I have put the impact sensor to 20. I have tried multiple numbers ranging from 20 to 100 and not seen a change. Surely I can't set it to too low so wonder what the ideal number.

Has anyone seen this issue?

regards,
JB

Can’t trust this camera, I purchased it to safe guard any claims against me in an accident. It has f

How many words does it take to let you know that I feel very dissatisfied with the purchase of this unreliable dash cam, I thought I was buying the best but maybe a cheap one would have served better. It is obviously a bad unit as you have discontinued it that’s the best thing for it.

Eric
Eric

Perfect

Good resolution and clear. Do not have overheating problem and connection are good. Wide angle. However, need to purchase it together with power magic so that things will be working very well.

Will strongly recommend this car camera to anyone who is looking for car camera, anywhere in the world

Lidia

LidiaSydney

Best dash cam and best customer care

Perfect tools

I have this due camera for more than 2 years, and it's still perfect. I have installed 64gb as card in it and I have no issues at all.
Highly recommended. Rear and front camera. It's has nice options and I can use it with clouds as well.
All good
Thanks.

Hi Adel,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Really glad to hear how happy you are with it :)
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

John

JohnAdelaide

Piece of mind

Bought it 2 years ago for my new 4x4, really good quality and pay what you get for.
Tucks well behind the rear view mirror.
Only problem with it, it’s slow for download a video and SD card is too low at 16gb (2hrs usage before it rewrite over), Would love to have a 64 or 128gb.

CazRAU

The most irritating distracting unintelligible voice ever

CazR

I did contact BlackVue Australia and that was where I was given the suggestion to turn the volume off. I have had the installer check it and replaced it with another one- just the same. Will try and message you later today.

CherieSydney

Won't power up after upgrade to v1.008

Installed with Power Magic Pro. Worked perfectly until I upgraded the firmware to v1.008. It started continually powered on and off by itself when I was driving for a whole day, and it didn't power up at all the next day. Does the firmware v1.008 has a big issue? Because I saw your website released a newer firmware v1.009 immediately. But as I can't power up the unit I can't upgrade it to the latest version. Very disappointed as I just used it for two weeks.

Cherie

I got this resolved by reinstalling the camera and power magic pro and I installed the latest firmware by copying the files to the sd card. Now it works fine. Hope this could help people who have similar problem.

Pete58

Pete58Melbourne

Best Dashcan

After doing a lot of research I bought this dashcam about 18months ago (and talked my 2 sons into buying one) prior to driving to central Australia. Recorded and downloaded the whole driving as i also bought additional 128gb sd cards.. Went back this year and whilst in Alice Springs it kept rebooting. As i was taking it out of cradle dashcam fell onto centre console and stopped working. Would like to get it repaired or if too expensive happy to buy updated version where i can still use the same rear camera. Just need to know if there is any repair centre in Melbourne that can give me a quote for repairs. Thanks Pete M

GeorgePerth, WA

Works well, paid for itself, wireless no longer works

Hi George,
Glad to hear it!! Please get in touch if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
Tom.

FabianPeel, WA

Worked For A Total Of 4 Months Of True Time (Driving Equiv) Then Gps / Speed Failed.

The camera was fine until blackvue started issuing firmware updates. It was updated to last v2.008 and speed read capture eventually stopped at some point. During the support trials of keep putting re formats of same firmware and then one attempt to do it via phone which the last method now has rendered it useless. Won't restart at all even the the last instruct after the upload from the iphone app was to re boot it now sits all day with red/green alternating flashing light plus the blue blinker. The update via sd in pc won't save it either now. Reading all reviews google wide its a common fault over time. Why else was it superseded. No confidence in blackvue product line now on.

RJMMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

It might suit your vehicle, but I regret this purchase

tilba16

tilba16NSW, 2546

BlackVue DR650GW-2CH

Neil

NeilMelbourne

the cam for car

this is a great camera for the car in its own right, but the beauty comes alive when you combine the internet capabilities. easy to install and just as easy to attach a mobile sim router to connect to the web. know where your car is and what its doing.
great buy.. just wish i had got the 2 channel so i could record the rear.

firemansam87

firemansam87South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent dashcam, highly recommend!

I purchased this dashcam on 14/10/2014 and overall I am very happy with it. The one thing that I love about this cam is that it sits nicely up behind the rear vision mirror out of sight with it's nice compact mount which not many other cams have.

If they were not so expensive I would buy them for the whole family, 7 of them :-)

Viking

VikingMelbourne

dash cam heaven

Yes, there are a lot of products out there that do similar jobs and at a much more affordable price point BUT....THIS product is fan-bleepin-tastic. Easy to use and review the SD card. Unobtrusive and not in the driver's view, great video quality, maps, GPS, anddriving data. I literally would NOT be without it and the dual camera option is well worth it and now I have had need of some after-sales service, it not only matches the product but stands out as a credit to the company. Don't consider cheaper products just to save money,. THIS does THE LOT and is worth it. We have a dual camera for both of our cars and feel safer for it.

SunnyMelbourne

Good camera but with issues

Have had the camera for nearly 2 years, but recently the time zone reverts back to incorrect time zone inspite of choosing the right time and have found that the internal battery needs replacing. Wasn't told this at the time of purchase and blackvue wants to charge upto $140 to fix the timezone, which is ridiculous.
So anyone thinking of buying one just be mindful that as soon as the warranty runs blackvue will cost you a fortune to get fixed.
Moreover it has to be sent to Perth at your own expense as they don't have any repair shops in other cities.

Pete

PeteMelbourne

Outstanding service.

Had to have the wife's BlackVue DR650GW -2CH camera repaired recently by autoBlackBox.com.au in WA and would like to say what a pleasure it was to deal with such a professional organisation that gave you a level of courteous service with a speedy turnaround time. Certainly would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone.

Gavin

Great camera but dont waste your money on the genuine sd card

The camera is fantastic with great resolution and features. It is well worth spending a few bucks on the polarising filter to cut glare both at night and in the day. The only thing I suggest is that you do not waste you money buying the genuine Blackvue sd card. It is more expensive than the same standard on the general market and after the first time I formatted mine the camera refused to recognise it. Just buy a top grade generic brand card and enjoy your great camera

Gavin

Very high quality camera solution

This isnt just a camera, it is peace of mind! I can now log in and check my car from anywhere, anytime! Very easy to install and setup. The quality of the camera footage is fantastic as well! No issues with anything - instructions are clear and simple.

Highly recommend

Neil C.asked

Both my BlackVue DR650GW have suddenly both started losing date and time, I have to power down and restart or connect by IPhone and re-download the latest (old) update the reconfigure time zone, password etc and they work okay until they power down again.

Hi Neil,
Thanks for your question.
The cameras keep time when powered down by using a small battery called an RTC. As with all batteries the RTC has a finite number of life cycles before it is no longer effective causing the camera to loose time when it shuts down.
It is possible to sync the time with the GPS system by formatting the camera once it has acquired a GPS signal however it will likely loose sync once switched off.
The battery can also be replaced to resolve the issue. Please contact our support team on the details below, they will be able to explain the return and repair process.
James
BlackVue Australia
08 6267 5167

Neil C.

Thanks James, I appreciate your reply, I contacted the number today and was advised of how to send my cameras back to have the batteries replaced, it was a simple procedure. Regards, Neil

Ben W

Ben Wasked

After an incident last night, I removed 64gb sd card to review files. Only files found on the card were from a few months ago and it seems no new files are available to view. My cameras are set to record constantly inc parking mode using the power magic pro.
The SD card was purchased recently from Ebay advertised as 'genuine blackvue' and from an Australian seller.
Is this likely to be an SD card issue or something else?

Hello Ben,
We're very sorry to hear that this has happened. From what you have described, it does sound like the mSD card is corrupt and will need replacing. May I suggest contacting our support team via email; sales@blackvue.com.au
They will be able to further assist you with this matter.
Tom.
BlackVue Australia.

Hamid K

Hamid Kasked

Hi my DR650GW stopped recording,there is no recording light at all but the GPS light is on,any advice, thanks

Hi Hamid,
Thanks for reaching out. The above described symptom can be caused by a number of factors. The best thing to do is get in touch with our support team on the details below to go through the trouble shooting process and work out the next step to resolving this issue.
BlackVue Australia
08 6267 5167

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives