BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S

BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S (page 2 of 9)

Dual Camera, Single Camera

4.2

• Readable Number PlatesYes (57%) · No (43%)
  • Battery Life
  • Video Quality
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality

Not worth the money

Purchased this unit 18 months ago. Had it fitted by an auto electrician complete with the power magic pro. This unit worked well for the first 6 months but then came daily issues, ranging from, loss of audio, no recordings, turning on and off at random times. Seriously every couple of weeks something would go wrong. I contacted blackvue support and with there assistance via email over a 6 month period, it was diagnosed as having a broken NAND memory??
Anyhow since it was outside the warranty period they were not prepared to fix it at there cost.
Not happy with the product, will be removing and throwing in the bin over the weekend.
Save your money.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Customer Service from Autoblackbox WA (Aust Supplier)

Sibron

SibronPerth, WA

Good, but not cheap

Not happy

I purchased the 650GW 2ch some time ago. I was fine for about 13 months then the SD card problem started. I tried various SD cards including the one from Blackvue. I kept getting the "Please check the SD card" message. I'd re format the card once a week and kept getting the error message. I disconnected the rear camera and the problem stopped. I payed for a 2ch dash cam but I've ended up with a 1 channel cam. Never again will i buy a Blackvue dash cam.

had enough

had enough

How Service should be

motion sensor warnings are flooding in post firmware upgrade

Hi,

Today I upgraded the firmware of my dashcam.

Post the upgrade, the sensor warnings are flooding in despite the fact that I have put the impact sensor to 20. I have tried multiple numbers ranging from 20 to 100 and not seen a change. Surely I can't set it to too low so wonder what the ideal number.

Has anyone seen this issue?

regards,
JB

Can’t trust this camera, I purchased it to safe guard any claims against me in an accident. It has f

How many words does it take to let you know that I feel very dissatisfied with the purchase of this unreliable dash cam, I thought I was buying the best but maybe a cheap one would have served better. It is obviously a bad unit as you have discontinued it that’s the best thing for it.

Eric
Eric

Perfect

Good resolution and clear. Do not have overheating problem and connection are good. Wide angle. However, need to purchase it together with power magic so that things will be working very well.

Will strongly recommend this car camera to anyone who is looking for car camera, anywhere in the world

Lidia

LidiaSydney

Best dash cam and best customer care

Perfect tools

I have this due camera for more than 2 years, and it's still perfect. I have installed 64gb as card in it and I have no issues at all.
Highly recommended. Rear and front camera. It's has nice options and I can use it with clouds as well.
All good
Thanks.

Hi Adel,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Really glad to hear how happy you are with it :)
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

John

JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Piece of mind

Bought it 2 years ago for my new 4x4, really good quality and pay what you get for.
Tucks well behind the rear view mirror.
Only problem with it, it’s slow for download a video and SD card is too low at 16gb (2hrs usage before it rewrite over), Would love to have a 64 or 128gb.

CazRAU

The most irritating distracting unintelligible voice ever

CazR

I did contact BlackVue Australia and that was where I was given the suggestion to turn the volume off. I have had the installer check it and replaced it with another one- just the same. Will try and message you later today.

CherieSydney

Won't power up after upgrade to v1.008

Installed with Power Magic Pro. Worked perfectly until I upgraded the firmware to v1.008. It started continually powered on and off by itself when I was driving for a whole day, and it didn't power up at all the next day. Does the firmware v1.008 has a big issue? Because I saw your website released a newer firmware v1.009 immediately. But as I can't power up the unit I can't upgrade it to the latest version. Very disappointed as I just used it for two weeks.

Cherie

I got this resolved by reinstalling the camera and power magic pro and I installed the latest firmware by copying the files to the sd card. Now it works fine. Hope this could help people who have similar problem.

Pete58

Pete58Melbourne

Best Dashcan

After doing a lot of research I bought this dashcam about 18months ago (and talked my 2 sons into buying one) prior to driving to central Australia. Recorded and downloaded the whole driving as i also bought additional 128gb sd cards.. Went back this year and whilst in Alice Springs it kept rebooting. As i was taking it out of cradle dashcam fell onto centre console and stopped working. Would like to get it repaired or if too expensive happy to buy updated version where i can still use the same rear camera. Just need to know if there is any repair centre in Melbourne that can give me a quote for repairs. Thanks Pete M

GeorgePerth, WA

Works well, paid for itself, wireless no longer works

Hi George,
Glad to hear it!! Please get in touch if you have any other questions.
Thanks,
Tom.

FabianPeel, WA

Worked For A Total Of 4 Months Of True Time (Driving Equiv) Then Gps / Speed Failed.

The camera was fine until blackvue started issuing firmware updates. It was updated to last v2.008 and speed read capture eventually stopped at some point. During the support trials of keep putting re formats of same firmware and then one attempt to do it via phone which the last method now has rendered it useless. Won't restart at all even the the last instruct after the upload from the iphone app was to re boot it now sits all day with red/green alternating flashing light plus the blue blinker. The update via sd in pc won't save it either now. Reading all reviews google wide its a common fault over time. Why else was it superseded. No confidence in blackvue product line now on.

RJMMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

It might suit your vehicle, but I regret this purchase

tilba16

tilba16NSW, 2546

BlackVue DR650GW-2CH

Neil

NeilMelbourne

the cam for car

this is a great camera for the car in its own right, but the beauty comes alive when you combine the internet capabilities. easy to install and just as easy to attach a mobile sim router to connect to the web. know where your car is and what its doing.
great buy.. just wish i had got the 2 channel so i could record the rear.

firemansam87

firemansam87South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent dashcam, highly recommend!

I purchased this dashcam on 14/10/2014 and overall I am very happy with it. The one thing that I love about this cam is that it sits nicely up behind the rear vision mirror out of sight with it's nice compact mount which not many other cams have.

If they were not so expensive I would buy them for the whole family, 7 of them :-)

See all BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S reviews

Olive

Oliveasked

DR650GW / DR650S

The Navman doesn’t turn on even after 8 hours of charging when bought brand new.
And then eventually does turn on but remains on the cover page with pic of country road and shed
How foo get it yo work?

Benjamin C.

Benjamin C.asked

Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

While reviewing playback from the SDCard for my Blackvue DR900S-2CH, I noticed in parking mode the playback is almost an hour not 3min which I set. And the playback is in 16X or 32X fast forward speed with no audio. Why?

Hi Benjamin,
Thanks for getting in touch with your query.
It sounds like your units parking mode has been set to Time Lapse recording instead of Motion & Impact detection.
This will make the camera record 1 frame per second for the duration of the parking time and then plays the files back at 30 frames per second so a 30 minute recording period is played back in a 1 minute file.
To change settings access the firmware settings and under the basic then recording tabs change the parking mode recordings.
If you require further assistance please get in touch on the number below.
Best regards,
Chaim
BlackVue Australia
08 6267 5167

Yorinaldi

Yorinaldiasked

Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

After upgrade firmware, my blackvue DR650S-2CH can't connect to wifi, it says "wifi unavailable"
Can you help me about this problem ?

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Yorinaldi, Thanks for sending your query through. Typically for this error message disabling mobile data on Android based devices will resolve the issue. However if you are using a apple device then a network reset maybe required to get it back up and running. Can you confirm if this error message is occurring in your devices WiFi network list or when trying to connect through the app?
Best regards,
Chaim
BlackVue Australia
08 6267 5167

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives