BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S

BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S (page 2 of 8)

Dual Camera and Single Camera

Perfect tools

I have this due camera for more than 2 years, and it's still perfect. I have installed 64gb as card in it and I have no issues at all.
Highly recommended. Rear and front camera. It's has nice options and I can use it with clouds as well.
All good
Thanks.

Hi Adel, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Really glad to hear how happy you are with it :) Thank you, Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Piece of mind

Bought it 2 years ago for my new 4x4, really good quality and pay what you get for.
Tucks well behind the rear view mirror.
Only problem with it, it’s slow for download a video and SD card is too low at 16gb (2hrs usage before it rewrite over), Would love to have a 64 or 128gb.

Hi John, Great to hear your are enjoying your BlackVue dash cam. The quickest way to save files form the SD card is through the BlackVue PC player which is available for download from the BlackVue website: https://www.blackvue.com.au/support/downloads/ The new DR750S series has much quicker WiFi for more convenience when using the mobile app. Larger SD cards are also available from our authorised dealers, you will need to check with the dealer to see if your camera is compatible with a 128GB as the older DR650GW models we not compatible. https://www.blackvue.com.au/dealer-locator/ Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions. Best Regards, James BlackVue Australia

The most irritating distracting unintelligible voice ever

Four days after installation I emailed Blackvue about the helium assisted voice they now have on the dashcam. Their response was - just turn it off!! I have paid a substantial amount for this system and find the voice SO irritating and additionally almost incomprehensible when the car is running. As it is installed just behind the rearview mirror having the announcement is my indication that the system is working.
I have an older model that just plugs into the lighter socket and the voice is clear and van be understood.
I have just had it checked and the 'fix' was to turn up the volume so I can hear helium girl slightly louder. Was informed that they are all like that.
The camera etc is probably ok but the distraction level when you are driving is unacceptable.

Hello CazR, thanks for letting us know about this particular issue. Have you contacted BlackVue Australia, or BlackVue overseas? If your new unit has a faulty speaker we can arrange a replacement for you right away. Please message us with your name and place of purchase for immediate support. We hope to hear from you very soon. Thank you, BlackVue AustraliaI did contact BlackVue Australia and that was where I was given the suggestion to turn the volume off. I have had the installer check it and replaced it with another one- just the same. Will try and message you later today.Hi CazR, I'm not sure about the team member that may have said that but I assure you our first priority is always to offer a replacement to the customer. While we will do all we can - I am not particularly sure on what the problem with the voice is as this would be the first report of this nature on the DR650S series. Does the voice on your unit match the voice shown on the various Youtube videos that demonstrate the DR650S booting up? Alternatively we can send you a recording of a DR650S booting up here and you can check if this matches your camera. Thanks again

Won't power up after upgrade to v1.008

Installed with Power Magic Pro. Worked perfectly until I upgraded the firmware to v1.008. It started continually powered on and off by itself when I was driving for a whole day, and it didn't power up at all the next day. Does the firmware v1.008 has a big issue? Because I saw your website released a newer firmware v1.009 immediately. But as I can't power up the unit I can't upgrade it to the latest version. Very disappointed as I just used it for two weeks.

Hi Cherle, as the Australian representative for BlackVue we would like to do all we can to help you out, and we really hope we get the opportunity to do so. While we are not aware of the firmware for a camera affecting a power control module we will investigate this and if you can get back to us we will have our support team (Australia) contact you when we return to office on the 8th Jan. We hope this is satisfactory and look forward to assisting you further. Regards, Support Manager BlackVue Australia.Hi Cherie, Just touching base to see if you had managed to get your camera working? Please feel free to email me at support@autoblackbox.com.au if you are still experiencing issues with your camera. We will certainly get this resolved for you or replace your camera with a new one. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.I got this resolved by reinstalling the camera and power magic pro and I installed the latest firmware by copying the files to the sd card. Now it works fine. Hope this could help people who have similar problem.

Best Dashcan

After doing a lot of research I bought this dashcam about 18months ago (and talked my 2 sons into buying one) prior to driving to central Australia. Recorded and downloaded the whole driving as i also bought additional 128gb sd cards.. Went back this year and whilst in Alice Springs it kept rebooting. As i was taking it out of cradle dashcam fell onto centre console and stopped working. Would like to get it repaired or if too expensive happy to buy updated version where i can still use the same rear camera. Just need to know if there is any repair centre in Melbourne that can give me a quote for repairs. Thanks Pete M

Hi Pete, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We will be able to advise the best solution once we have inspected your camera. You are welcome to send the camera via one of our authorised dealers which you can find on the link below: https://www.blackvue.com.au/dealer-locator/ or you are welcome to send it directly following the 2nd link below; https://www.blackvue.com.au/support/warranty-return/ If you have any questions, please get in touch. Best Regards, James BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167

Works well, paid for itself, wireless no longer works

I received the two channel camera for my 60th birthday two years ago and it has worked very well, except now the wireless function has stopped working so I can no longer check the recordings from my phone, which is a small inconvenience as I have to take the SD card out and view the footage on my computer. Apart from that, it has worked well and paid for itself. Not long after installing it (fairly easily I found), I was waiting at a traffic light to turn right when the car in front of me suddenly reversed into me. The driver insisted I had hit him, but I quickly showed him the footage from my camera revealing his reversing lights coming on and my velocity as zero which convinced him of the error of his ways.

Thinking of getting one for my wife's car too. Great product

Hi maxfieldg, Thanks for leaving a review!! Glad to hear that your camera had paid for itself so quickly. As for the WiFi, come by our office and we can replace the module in your camera and get the WiFi working again. Our address is 5/43 Hutton Street Osborne Park. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi Tom Thanks for repairing my dashcam, the wireless works fine now and I am a happy camper again. Very prompt work. GeorgeHi George, Glad to hear it!! Please get in touch if you have any other questions. Thanks, Tom.

Worked For A Total Of 4 Months Of True Time (Driving Equiv) Then Gps / Speed Failed.

The camera was fine until blackvue started issuing firmware updates. It was updated to last v2.008 and speed read capture eventually stopped at some point. During the support trials of keep putting re formats of same firmware and then one attempt to do it via phone which the last method now has rendered it useless. Won't restart at all even the the last instruct after the upload from the iphone app was to re boot it now sits all day with red/green alternating flashing light plus the blue blinker. The update via sd in pc won't save it either now. Reading all reviews google wide its a common fault over time. Why else was it superseded. No confidence in blackvue product line now on.

Hi Fabian, Thanks for taking the time to write a review and sorry to hear that you are having issues with your BlackVue camera. I assume you have contacted our office in Perth for support? If not, send us an email so we can assist you and get your camera working again :) Our email is support@autoblackbox.com.au I will make the suggestion to use the Legacy Firmware version 1.011 unless you specifically want to use the BlackVue Cloud function. I can also assure you the reason the manufacturer superseded the "GW" series was not because of issues, but because they had released the newer "S" series, just like Apple do with their iPhone's and Holden does with their cars :) Look forward to hearing from you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi Tom, I thought i would update my review with a response regarding events that have unfolded since i wrote originally. I believe Tom your in the Perth WA office and work along side your tech Caleb. My review was based on the fact that there is known issues in how the dashcam behaves and integrates with iphone apps and the latest firmware dispatched by blackvue including failures with updating process. In summary the system has bugs and is well known and you cant discount that, yet in the end my problem i had as many others have had, I resorted to the original "legacy" firmware V1.011. This has resolved the issue of no GPS and more importantly has re-stored the cameras function. Strangely the camera will no longer accept V2.008 that enables the cloud remote access function that was promoted by blackvue themselves. Hence why i rated it based on the irritation it has caused and the fact users cant use cloud function if indeed was wanted as constantly advertised by blackvue emails. The Korean ( main site ) has issues in how it supplies firmware because the issue ultimately was resolved by an Australian Agent ( yourselves) by a independent link to firmware. How many people would know that??? Hence my review also covers the fact that the entire Blackvue ecosystem is a jumbled mess and possibly confuse the hell out those of a non technical background. This needs to be reported back to HQ were even their support structure was the usual fill out the RMA warranty process blah blah. It was in fact the software and improper function of firmware inc the iphone firmware updating process that rendered the dash-cam useless. BUT on a positive note i cannot fault the camera when it does work and even better the support offered by your guy "Caleb" that was an absolute breath of fresh air to deal with and even took the time to call me to discuss all matters relating the above...and each learnt some interesting quirks to the system. So that i cant rate high enough. CheersHi Fabian, Thanks for updating me with regards to the issues you were having with your camera, I'm really glad to hear that Caleb was very helpful in assisting you with this frustrating problem. We would love for the manufacturer to redirect all Australian customers to our website, this would certainly help us resolve issues in a much better time frame than you have experienced. However, I am glad we got there in the end and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any future questions or feedback. I do hope that you may consider reviewing your 2 star review, as we aim to always have a minimum of 3-4 starts for our customers, so if there's anything I can do, please let me know. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

It might suit your vehicle, but I regret this purchase

I did a lot of research to find a dual-channel camera suitable for a convertible. Ultimately chose this one. It is a good camera, with good video and audio quality, but you'd expect that for a $558 (+extra for essential 'accessories' like a cable and polarising filter) camera!
My main complaint is that the front-facing camera image is upside-down. Because of the rain sensor on my windscreen, I have to mount it in a particular position (to keep my view unobstructed). While the rear camera has an option to invert its image, the front one does not have this option. It cannot be that hard to add a feature that already exists for one camera to the other camera! We're not asking them to invent anything new.
Many customers have requested this option from the manufacturer on their support forum. Their response was for us to just invert the image in their viewer software - but that then makes the date, time, speed, etc, text all appear upside-down! And with the rear camera view displayed picture-in-picture, the rear camera image then becomes upside-down. This is not a valid solution.
If you export the video from their software (i.e. to give to law enforcement or court as evidence), the image is upside-down regardless of the settings in the viewer.
The advertising stated 360 degree rotation, which is misleading when only 180 of it is usable to result in an upright image.
On their forum, the manufacturer has stated that they are considering our 'suggestion', but now - a year later - they still have not included this feature in any firmware updates while they keep releasing 'new' products.
While I was researching, the other camera that made the shortlist was the MiVue 850 Dual. I should have gone with that one. I regret purchasing the BlackVue - it is not fit for my vehicle (despite their false advertising) and the after-purchase support is lacking.

Hi RJM, Sorry to hear your camera is not working as expected. It might be worth flipping your set up left to right so the cables are on the right hand side of the vehicle. This will result in the front camera image being the correct way up. I have included a link below for the manufacturers suggestions page for your convenience https://helpcenter.blackvue.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200589447-Feature-Suggestions Regards, James Auto BlackBox Pty LtdTypical of their customer service - didn't even bother reading what I wrote: "Because of the rain sensor on my windscreen, I have to mount it in a particular position (to keep my view unobstructed)." And he thoughtfully provided a link to "he manufacturers suggestions page for [my] convenience" - where several customers have already requested this feature since November 25, 2016, as I also described in my review, along with their asinine 'solution' to flip the image in their viewer software. In fact there are duplicate requests for this feature on that forum.Hi RJM, Sorry that you feel we didn't read your review, however I can assure you that we did and we have forwarded your suggestions to the manufacturer in Korea already. We always encourage customers to make their feedback directly to the manufacturer as well, this will help with improvements when they implement future firmware changes. Our position as the sole Australian Distributor for the product and not the manufacturer, limits our opportunity to make direct changes such as the one you mentioned, but we always forward feedback to the manufacturer regardless if it has been done before or not. I am happy to forward their reply as soon as we hear back from them. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

BlackVue DR650GW-2CH

Its a little late with my review of the DR650GW as it has been superseded however I'm sure this review would cover the latest model as well. I was very impressed with this dashcam camera and the quality of it. Very easy to use and setup and the fact I can look at the footage wirelessly without removing the SD card was a real bonus.
Picture quality is superb.
Initially I had it installed in my Honda Accord and because I parked in the City and City car parks I wanted to incorporate the PowerMagic option to keep an eye out if someone bumped into my car.
This was a big mistake.
Once installed and the PowerMagic set for the higher voltage and lower timeout I found my battery was continually going flat in spite of the battery being only 1 year old.
I had NRMA check the battery state thinking it was the battery but on each occasion (had it checked twice) the battery came up good.
Even had the installer recheck all the settings.
I have since had the DR650GW installed in my new car without the PowerMagic as I no longer park in the City.
I do recommend the Blackvue however if you want to keep an eye out on the car when parked I would suggest paying the extra for the Cellink-B battery pack.
I bought the unit from http://www.sportgps.com.au who have great customer service. Would recommend them if you are looking to buy a dashcam of whatever persuasion.

Hi Tilba16, We're glad to hear you are enjoying your BlackVue dash camera. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. The Power Magic hard-wiring kit comes with a 12 month warranty so if you have been experiencing issues you are always welcome to contact us at Auto BlackBox to get these resolved. In this case it does sound like the Power Magic has been installed incorrectly which would cause the car battery to go flat. Alternatively you can use a Cellink-B auxiliary battery as you correctly mentioned. Feel free to get in touch with any questions. James Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd 08 6267 5167

the cam for car

this is a great camera for the car in its own right, but the beauty comes alive when you combine the internet capabilities. easy to install and just as easy to attach a mobile sim router to connect to the web. know where your car is and what its doing.
great buy.. just wish i had got the 2 channel so i could record the rear.

Hi Neil, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear you are using the cloud platform to take advantage of all the cameras features. Best Regards, James Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

Excellent dashcam, highly recommend!

I purchased this dashcam on 14/10/2014 and overall I am very happy with it. The one thing that I love about this cam is that it sits nicely up behind the rear vision mirror out of sight with it's nice compact mount which not many other cams have.

If they were not so expensive I would buy them for the whole family, 7 of them :-)

Hi firemansam87, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. BlackVue is definitely the most discrete dash cam on the market. Get in touch with Dash Cams Australia and I am certain that will do you a fantastic deal on a second unit....and third!! Tell them Tom sent you :) Thanks, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

dash cam heaven

Yes, there are a lot of products out there that do similar jobs and at a much more affordable price point BUT....THIS product is fan-bleepin-tastic. Easy to use and review the SD card. Unobtrusive and not in the driver's view, great video quality, maps, GPS, anddriving data. I literally would NOT be without it and the dual camera option is well worth it and now I have had need of some after-sales service, it not only matches the product but stands out as a credit to the company. Don't consider cheaper products just to save money,. THIS does THE LOT and is worth it. We have a dual camera for both of our cars and feel safer for it.

Hi Viking, Its great to hear you are enjoying your DR650S-2CH and the the service has been of expected high standard. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Best Regards James Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

Good camera but with issues

Have had the camera for nearly 2 years, but recently the time zone reverts back to incorrect time zone inspite of choosing the right time and have found that the internal battery needs replacing. Wasn't told this at the time of purchase and blackvue wants to charge upto $140 to fix the timezone, which is ridiculous.
So anyone thinking of buying one just be mindful that as soon as the warranty runs blackvue will cost you a fortune to get fixed.
Moreover it has to be sent to Perth at your own expense as they don't have any repair shops in other cities.

Hi Sunny, Sorry to hear you are not completely happy with your BlackVue dash cam. We will forward your feedback to the manufacturer in Korea. As you are aware, your dash cam came with a 1 year warranty, however we now offer a 2 year warranty with the new DR650S series if that is of any interest to you, in case you are considering upgrading to the newest model? We do encourage you to contact your original retailer for out of warranty support, as they may be able to offer you a discounted repair or upgrade. All our repairs are charged at cost, as per the manufacturer's request and need to be carried out in Perth, which is the location of our office. However, we are happy to reimburse you for postage if you wish to send us the camera for repair. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi Sunny, I have spoken with the RMA team further and while your unit is well outside the warranty period, we would like to help you out here. We have heard your concerns and would be able to repair the system for you at no charge. Can you please send us a copy of your receipt so we can confirm your unit is from one of our authorised dealers by email? We also have upgraded your units WiFi module last year free of charge, and as confirmed we are happy to repair your camera that is almost 3 years old. We do our very best to offer after sales service for BlackVue customers, and are upholding all requirements under Australian Consumer Law. Look forward to hearing from you, and helping you out.Hi team, yes the camera got upgraded with WiFi module and that was very nice of you, however with the timezone being incorrect on the camera it is annoying when the camera is well looked after. Dealer where I bought the camera from don't sell blackvue anymore as I went to get a new dashcam for my new vehicle Suburu XV and he tried to sell me brand called " Thinkware" but I didn't buy it. But with the kind of service I am getting with blackvue, now I will surely buy another one for my missus. I have sent you an email with proof of purchase and it was bought in Feb 2015, so just over 2 years. Also can you suggest a retailer to buy a new camera in Melbourne for my second car? Thanks for your help.

Outstanding service.

Had to have the wife's BlackVue DR650GW -2CH camera repaired recently by autoBlackBox.com.au in WA and would like to say what a pleasure it was to deal with such a professional organisation that gave you a level of courteous service with a speedy turnaround time. Certainly would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone.

Hi Pete, Really glad to hear that you're happy with your dash cam and that we were able to service your warranty as quickly as possible. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Great camera but dont waste your money on the genuine sd card

The camera is fantastic with great resolution and features. It is well worth spending a few bucks on the polarising filter to cut glare both at night and in the day. The only thing I suggest is that you do not waste you money buying the genuine Blackvue sd card. It is more expensive than the same standard on the general market and after the first time I formatted mine the camera refused to recognise it. Just buy a top grade generic brand card and enjoy your great camera

Hi Gavin, Thanks for your feedback, we will definitely pass this onto the manufacturer. If your SD card has failed, we can replace this under warranty for you. As for the use of 3rd party SD cards, please be aware we have undertaken 1000's of hours of testing and found that after several months, sometimes even weeks, particularly when it is hot, most 3rd party SD cards will fail. This is due to the high bitrate and continuous loop recording that dash cams use. When SD cards get hot, the write speed is drastially reduced, leaving you with poor quality recordings. Read/Write speeds are just one very small factor when deciding what SD cards to use. The most important factor is the heat/endurance rating, this will allow a continuous high bitrate recording to be written to the SD card without losing quality. Thanks again for your review. Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.Hi Tom, I did speak to you at the time but for some reason the reply box wasnt available here. It turned out that it wasnt the card that failed, it was a glitch in the software. I downloaded the Blackvue software again, reformatted the card and it worked fine. The camera continues to perform excellent to this day. Regards Gavin

Very high quality camera solution

This isnt just a camera, it is peace of mind! I can now log in and check my car from anywhere, anytime! Very easy to install and setup. The quality of the camera footage is fantastic as well! No issues with anything - instructions are clear and simple.

Highly recommend

Hi Rene, Really appreciate your review!! Glad to hear that it was a seamless and hassle free set up. Thanks, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Have only used this one so it is hard to compare what it offers for it's price.

I have not compared other dash cams and don't know what they provide. At night on a road without street lights I think the picture quality is poor. During the day the picture quality is fine. I can see most number plates of the cars parked on the side or in front in the direction of travel. I certainly can not see clearly the number plate of the person on the other side of the road. As Is aid, not using any other dash cam it makes it hard for me know if what I am getting is standard or above the norm. When you pay over $300 for a camera you would hope it will be above the norm (cheaper ones). getting the SD card out is a pain in the back. The outer plate is only hanging on by a thin connection so I worry all the time that connection will brake and you need to have fingernails to eject the SD card. I do like the wifi. Whilst my wife was driving, we went through a radar and was just not 100% on what speed we were doing, so I was able to download and watch it immediately and that was good. Picture - daytime is good. Night Time - depends on surrounds.

Hi AJN, Thank you for your review, we appreciate all your feedback and will definitely pass this onto the manufacturer. I can assure you that the SD card cover will not break off, while it looks weak, it is in fact quite durable. Thank you, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Great camera.

Purchased the blackvue 650. It replaced a 450 as the 659 had wifi. Have used for about 3 weeks and had no problems at all. Would thoroughly recommend this dashcam. I am looking at purchasing the 112 battery pack as well so I can run the camera in park mode as well. Again great product and great service from Sportsgps from where I brought it from. Thanks for a great product.

Hi Steven, Glad to hear that you are happy with your new BlackVue, please get in contact with us before purchasing the battery pack and we may be able to help you out on price. Cheers, Tom. Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Buy from Auto BlackBox online for a great camera brand

Have owned and used my Blackvue DR650GW for a couple of years now, never missed a beat. Auto BlackBox have been extremely helpful from the beginning to ownership and now when I wanted a larger SD card and an additional bracket, they have been first class in customer service. Can't believe my order from ordering late one arvo arrives the next morning at my work!! Great communication throughout with clear emails confirming everything was dispatched and had arrived and the purchase was complete. Highly recommended if you want no fuss prompt service to your doorstep, and great products too to buy and get support on. I can't wait to get the next camera just to use them again :) Thank you again James for making the above happen.

Hi Robbo, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We also look forward to hearing from you again in the future. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any other questions. Regards James Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

Fantastic unit

A nice small unit which replaced an existing dashcam in my car. Its so easy to use and the size means that it sits nicely behind the mirror and doesn't obscure the view. Easy to connect to it via wifi to view live and recorded footage (and download if required) and i love the voice announcements it makes. Excellent quality video also. Highly recommended.

Hi Kristen, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. If you have any questions about how some of the features work, feel free to get in touch. Best regards, James Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

I bought a second hand 2015 Subaru Outback that has a Blackview front and rear camera which works very well. The problem is that, while the Blackview works well, it disrupts the car’s inbuilt sat nav. I thought that the car’s sat nav was the problem so I took it to my Subaru dealer. They quickly tested the Outback’s sat nav and found that it was not faulty. They found it failed to work accurately due to the Blackview. I have now disconnected the Blackview and the car’s sat nav works perfectly well. I would be grateful for any advice you could provide. Many thanks, Ric
Hi Ric, Thanks for your question, this sounds like the electromagnetic interference from the coax cable could be preventing the sat nav's GPS antenna from acquiring a signal. To confirm this you can try; 1. Ensuring the camera has the latest firmware. 2. Try running the primary camera with the coax cable disconnected. If only the 2nd option works please contact BlackVue Australia so we can organise a replacement cable. The replacement cable will need to be routed differently (through the floor panels as far away from the GPS antenna as possible) to avoid any interference. Please feel free to contact our support team Mon-Fri 9-5 AWST if any questions. Best Regards, James BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167I have disconnected the rear camera and all is well. The car GPS is now working perfectly. Thanks for the advice.

Hi, I have had the 1ch version for 3 years now and love it. My question is - can you protect event files manually on this model and if so, how? Thanks
Hi Frank, I am so sorry I cannot answer you. I am only a "buyer" like you are, not a "tech", which is whom you should speak to. Try the Help Centre at BlackVue. Kind Regards, Tassie DevilHi Frank, Thanks for your question. Both the current premium models (DR750S & DR900S) have the event lock feature which can be configured in settings, however the DR650GW & DR650S do not have this ability. The best way to protect critical files is to download them on to your smart phone, once downloaded the files will remain on your phone permanently until deleted. Feel free to get in touch if any other questions. Best Regards, BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167

Can I have it powered up all the time .
Hi Mark, Thanks for your question. In short the camera can run continuously, however this is dependent on a suitable power supply. BlackVue offers 3 power supply options: 1. Power Magic Pro (PMP) This allows the camera to run of the car battery with a voltage cut off, ensuring the car will start upon return. Typical run time approx 4 hours. 2. B-112 Auxiliary battery will allow 6 hours of run time. 3. B-124 Bluetooth auxiliary battery will allow 17 hours of run time. The above run time are based on a fully charged battery, the battery need approx 40 mins to fully charge. Feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions. BlackVue Australia 08 6267 5167Thank you, I'll look into one of these