BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S

BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S (page 4 of 8)

Dual Camera, Single Camera

Very pleased with the unit. Recording quality is exceptional - even at night. App (iOS) and Desktop software are easy to use also. In summary once installed it's pretty much set and forget, silently recording away until you need it - at which time I'm confident I'll have clear footage of any incident.

Hi Brendan,
Thanks for your review!! Glad to hear you are happy with it.
Tom,
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

The right choice Dash Cam From Blackvue

After doing plenty of research on Dashcams, I decided to go with the BlackVue DR650S-2CH and I cannot be happier. I got it hard wired with the Power Magic Pro by Strathfield Vehicle Solutions who did the install at my house. The camera not only blends in with the car but it is very easy to use and it has a really good picture. I also love the parking function that records movement around the car while it is parked.

Great cameras

These cameras out perform all others i have used , installed in 9 vehicles they have worked without fail . I have tried the cheap ones only to get poor picture quality and failed to give a clear image to support our driver . Blackvue cameras are highly recommended thankyou AAA+++

reinrab

reinrab

Excellent Customer Service

I received my dashcam as a Christmas gift in 2015. We had it professionally installed in Jan 2016. Thankfully haven't had any incidents where i've needed to use the footage besides showing the stupidity of some drivers.
In dec 2016 it started frying any SD cards i put into it- we contacted Blackvue who guided us thru troubleshooting- when we still couldn't find a fix- we sent it back to them. They agreed to replace the unit and sd cards without any hassle. Excellent service.

Shawn

ShawnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect.

Flawless unit
Records and keeps me safe on the road
Already reported 12 incidents via the ease of downloading video clips and had two people fined for illegal parking blocking me in
Excellent support
Firmware updates keep the product running well
Handles Australian conditions
Not cheap but you get what you pay for
My only gripe is 720p rear camera but I can live with it as it's clear enough.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Great quality in car camera system.

Purchased this system due to a few concerning road rage incidents. Paid for itself within a month, when a male damaged my vehicle. The footage provided to the police clearly identified his driving behaviour, registration number and him damaging my vehicle. Police have charged the male and we are awaiting court. Should get my insurance excess back upon his conviction. Money well spent and highly recommended system and supplier.

Chucky

ChuckySouth East Queensland, QLD

Professional in-vehicle recording

I personally hard-wired the installation of these dual cameras into my vehicle, found it very easy to do (I'm not that technical either). The cameras provide a degree of security that is easily the best I have seen or used for in-vehicle use. When I thought I had an issue with the pixelation at first, Blackvue were more than happy to assist, in fact offering a complete replacement with no issue at all. I did find the pixelation issue was something that I could actually rectify by re-sizing the picture content. Very happy and would recommend this to anyone who wants to protect their motor vehicle investment.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

DR650S: The proper dash cam.

Supreme dash cam system. Installation is easy. Really no bad frills and the application is also helpful. I had a miVue but just didn't live up to the performance and reliability that I expected. I am very glad that it doesn't get bad in the extreme heat. Happy to stay with this product!!

David BQueensland, 4870

Turns off and has previously lost speaker.

David B

It looks like my Power Magic was the cause of all the problems. The dealer replaced it and so far (touch wood) the gremlins are gone. Black Vue have been great in sorting this for me.

Perfect

I've just updated my front and rear to wifi dashcams as I'm on the road all day as delivery driver that if there are any incidents I can go back and check on my smartphone who caused the incident and I can save it for insurance purpose if required as their are to many idiots on the roads

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Awesome, Thanks for the review. We hope you enjoy the updated models as much as the previous.
Cheers,
James.
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

BlackVue Dual Camera - causes radio intereference (RFI) to car's Digital Radio (DAB)

I've had this problem for a while now - partial solution was to use iron a ferrite beads on the cables as a passive electric means to suppresses high frequency noise (RFI) in electronic circuits. But the problem remains - particularly annoying when the radio signal is week - the internal noise negates the DAB.

MikeMPerth, WA

Image quality considerably reduced in just over a year

Had this unit for over a year now along with a polarising filter . Started off very good quality recording. Slowly the right hand side became blurred then the left hand side. Now cannot even read a number plate of a car directly in front and very close. Don't think it can take the heat therefore unfortunately I cannot recommend this unit. Just ordered a Vicovation Opia 2.

Hello Tom
The unit was purchased (for $429) on 4 August 2015 from Audio Precision Pty Ltd, Myaree. I was told the unit was the latest and had only just come out. The numbers on the unit are DR65GS1E5E00340.
Regards
Mike

DeanPortsmouth

Frustrating and pointless

Rextc

RextcQLD, 4509

Good at first but nothing but problems now

Bought 2 sets of the dashcam DR650GW/2CH about 12 months ago, one for my car one for my wife's car. All worked great for about 6 months. 5 months ago the rear cameras stopped working in both cars. I have even replaced the cable to the rear cameras with no result. 3 months ago the 64GB Sandisk SD card stopped working with a constant "check SD card" message. Bought a new 64GB Toshiba SD card, formatted it, installed the firmware on it and still the same message from the dashcam "check SD card". Wife's dashcam won't do firmware update. At the moment the money spent feels like a waste of money for a 2 channel dashcams.

Pebkac

PebkacNSW, 2144

The Proof is in the Recording

I have purchased only my second BlackVue Dashcam and I can not tell you how reassuring it is to have a vision of an event recorded and downloadable instantly via wi-fi within 60 seconds. My current new purchase nor covers the rear as well as the front 1080P view along with the power Management System for Parking recording of my new Subaru. I wont drive without it. My original camera is now sitting in my Mercedes Vito Van as it is only 720P. I am extremely happy with both and recommend EVERYONE uses them. No contest with others on the market, just set and forget and hope you never have to use it.

Satisfied Customer

I have recently purchased a BLACKVUE DR650S-CH. This is the third BLACKVUE Camera I have purchased. I have two vehicles and updated to a later model BLACKVUE in one of my vehicles. The replaced camera is not High Definition. I am completely satisfied with this product. I have recommended the BLACKVUE Camera to others who have also purchased this product.

WaiirriPerth, WA

Blackbox recorder

We have now bought 4 cameras for all our cars and cannot fault them. Simple to install and then forget about...until you need it. Recording quality is extremely good with great software for playback. Although not what I intended using it for I have taken footage of extremely dangerous driving to the Police who managed to freeze frame a car number plate, this was only due to the quality of the recording. Would recommend BlackVue to anyone who is considering buying a dash cam.

Waiirri

Certainly did, thankyou. I'll come and see you in the new year about a rear camera.

Great!! See you then :)

adaptiveAxis351

adaptiveAxis351Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Do Not Buy One

We bought this a while ago and there has been nothing but trouble we have had it replaced 4 times and still not working very very bad camera BlackVue. It keeps saying ether firmware error or sd card not compatible when it's a blackvue sd card what a heap of crap.

KMB

KMBSydney

Great camera - but better yet ....

Great camera - never really any issues... but better yet .... if you do have some issues [like I have with a few minor things being not that tech savvy] - Tom, from AutoBlackbox.com.au has saved my tail several times and really knows his stuff !!!
Although the camera is great with awesome footage .. Tom is better ..!! Quick, efficient and gets any issues ironed out immediately.
Cheers guys and have an awesome Christmas & New Year :)

P.D.

P.D.Perth

Great Camera with Plenty of Features!

Purchased the Blackvue DR650S-1CH and Power Magic Pro after a carpark incident and I could not be happier with it! Installed it myself and it was straightforward (Power Magic Pro took a little while to power up after being hard-wired in to the cars wiring loom, I had to toggle the adjustment switches before the power LED activated) and set up was very simple using the Blackvue app on my smartphone. Picture quality is great, easy to pick numberplates during daytime recording even on my phone screen. The sensor on the side of the unit to switch audio recording on/off is great too, was an unexpected surprise. It's a feature packed and high quality camera and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another!

Ben W

Ben Wasked

After an incident last night, I removed 64gb sd card to review files. Only files found on the card were from a few months ago and it seems no new files are available to view. My cameras are set to record constantly inc parking mode using the power magic pro.
The SD card was purchased recently from Ebay advertised as 'genuine blackvue' and from an Australian seller.
Is this likely to be an SD card issue or something else?

Hello Ben,
We're very sorry to hear that this has happened. From what you have described, it does sound like the mSD card is corrupt and will need replacing. May I suggest contacting our support team via email; sales@blackvue.com.au
They will be able to further assist you with this matter.
Tom.
BlackVue Australia.

Hamid K

Hamid Kasked

Hi my DR650GW stopped recording,there is no recording light at all but the GPS light is on,any advice, thanks

Hi Hamid,
Thanks for reaching out. The above described symptom can be caused by a number of factors. The best thing to do is get in touch with our support team on the details below to go through the trouble shooting process and work out the next step to resolving this issue.
BlackVue Australia
08 6267 5167

Lotto

Lottoasked

I have 650 2 channel cam . I have updated a latest firmware and couldnt get an alert sound like normal parking, parking mode on . Could u please advice me

Hi Lotto,
These settings should be accessible via the app, however maybe the PC player will be easier? Have you downloaded this and tried it?
Please let us know how you go and if you require any further help.
BlackVue Australia.

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives