BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S

BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S (page 4 of 9)

Dual Camera, Single Camera

• Readable Number PlatesYes (4) · No (4)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality

Great Product!

Awesome service and support from Automotive Superstore, I now have a camera front and rear in each of my cars and feel much safer! Took a little while to install and setup but now I couldn't be without them. They're going to be invaluable in case of an accident. Over the Cloud is great for backup of important events too

JJT

JJTBrisbane

The Blackvue Dash Cameras only get better

This is the fourth BLACKVUE dash camera I've purchased over the past three years. I have them in all of my vehicles now and the quality of the image, the storage capacity and the app have improved over that time. When you install the Power Magic Pro, which allows recording when the ignition is off, it gives you piece of mind that if you car is damaged while its parked you'll be able to identify the vehicle or person who has damaged it.....and will save you money with the insurance excess when making a claim.

Blackvue 2 Channel dash camera

I keep on coming back to Blackvue to purchase their latest cameras. Just bought my third 2 channel camera, this time to take advantage of the 'over the cloud' option. The second camera I bought had an improved resolution. The first Blackvue camera I bought suited my needs perfectly. All purchases were made online using the dealer locator from Auto BlackBox. Their service and after sales assistance is first rate. Don't mess about, go buy a Blackvue camera. I didn't regret it, I am sure you wont either.

waynoshaw

waynoshawGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fantastic, Friendly, Helpful, Unbeatable Price, Experienced, Top Product and Service!

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Just as they advetised, it performs as per their specifications...

Out of the box, easy for a novice to install. Software to review the footage performs really well with great definition and frame rate. Quality of footage is awesome and would really be an advantage in an insurance situation. It will be your defence if somebody tries to claim you were at fault. A picture tells a thousand words.
Well done BlackVue on a product that more than matches the advertised data.

Hi Shaun,
Thanks for the fantastic review. We really appreciate your feedback.
Tom.

Haydn

HaydnSydney

Very happy with my choice

Pretty happy with the BlackVue. It has great resolution, simple install and I thought the ability to watch video on the iPhone app was great too - I bought mine from www.automotivesuperstore.com.au and got a bargain with the hardwiring kit and SD card as a bundle with next day delivery. Would recommend.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Haydn, Great to hear from you and glad to hear you are happy with your new BlackVue :) All the best.
Tom.

Steve

Steve

Excellent product

Very happy with this dash cam purchased it today fantastic though I'm not sure about the distance viewing in the front maybe I'm not use to it yet I viewed it from my iPhone and struggled to read the number plate apart from that this product is the best on the market

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Very pleased with the unit. Recording quality is exceptional - even at night. App (iOS) and Desktop software are easy to use also. In summary once installed it's pretty much set and forget, silently recording away until you need it - at which time I'm confident I'll have clear footage of any incident.

Hi Brendan,
Thanks for your review!! Glad to hear you are happy with it.
Tom,

Sam

SamSydney, NSW

The right choice Dash Cam From Blackvue

After doing plenty of research on Dashcams, I decided to go with the BlackVue DR650S-2CH and I cannot be happier. I got it hard wired with the Power Magic Pro by Strathfield Vehicle Solutions who did the install at my house. The camera not only blends in with the car but it is very easy to use and it has a really good picture. I also love the parking function that records movement around the car while it is parked.

Great cameras

These cameras out perform all others i have used , installed in 9 vehicles they have worked without fail . I have tried the cheap ones only to get poor picture quality and failed to give a clear image to support our driver . Blackvue cameras are highly recommended thankyou AAA+++

reinrab

reinrab

Excellent Customer Service

I received my dashcam as a Christmas gift in 2015. We had it professionally installed in Jan 2016. Thankfully haven't had any incidents where i've needed to use the footage besides showing the stupidity of some drivers.
In dec 2016 it started frying any SD cards i put into it- we contacted Blackvue who guided us thru troubleshooting- when we still couldn't find a fix- we sent it back to them. They agreed to replace the unit and sd cards without any hassle. Excellent service.

SMC

SMCSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect.

Flawless unit
Records and keeps me safe on the road
Already reported 12 incidents via the ease of downloading video clips and had two people fined for illegal parking blocking me in
Excellent support
Firmware updates keep the product running well
Handles Australian conditions
Not cheap but you get what you pay for
My only gripe is 720p rear camera but I can live with it as it's clear enough.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Great quality in car camera system.

Purchased this system due to a few concerning road rage incidents. Paid for itself within a month, when a male damaged my vehicle. The footage provided to the police clearly identified his driving behaviour, registration number and him damaging my vehicle. Police have charged the male and we are awaiting court. Should get my insurance excess back upon his conviction. Money well spent and highly recommended system and supplier.

Chucky

ChuckySouth East Queensland, QLD

Professional in-vehicle recording

I personally hard-wired the installation of these dual cameras into my vehicle, found it very easy to do (I'm not that technical either). The cameras provide a degree of security that is easily the best I have seen or used for in-vehicle use. When I thought I had an issue with the pixelation at first, Blackvue were more than happy to assist, in fact offering a complete replacement with no issue at all. I did find the pixelation issue was something that I could actually rectify by re-sizing the picture content. Very happy and would recommend this to anyone who wants to protect their motor vehicle investment.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

DR650S: The proper dash cam.

Supreme dash cam system. Installation is easy. Really no bad frills and the application is also helpful. I had a miVue but just didn't live up to the performance and reliability that I expected. I am very glad that it doesn't get bad in the extreme heat. Happy to stay with this product!!

David BQueensland, 4870

Turns off and has previously lost speaker.

David B

It looks like my Power Magic was the cause of all the problems. The dealer replaced it and so far (touch wood) the gremlins are gone. Black Vue have been great in sorting this for me.

Perfect

I've just updated my front and rear to wifi dashcams as I'm on the road all day as delivery driver that if there are any incidents I can go back and check on my smartphone who caused the incident and I can save it for insurance purpose if required as their are to many idiots on the roads

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Awesome, Thanks for the review. We hope you enjoy the updated models as much as the previous.
Cheers,
James.
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

BlackVue Dual Camera - causes radio intereference (RFI) to car's Digital Radio (DAB)

I've had this problem for a while now - partial solution was to use iron a ferrite beads on the cables as a passive electric means to suppresses high frequency noise (RFI) in electronic circuits. But the problem remains - particularly annoying when the radio signal is week - the internal noise negates the DAB.

MikeMPerth, WA

Image quality considerably reduced in just over a year

Had this unit for over a year now along with a polarising filter . Started off very good quality recording. Slowly the right hand side became blurred then the left hand side. Now cannot even read a number plate of a car directly in front and very close. Don't think it can take the heat therefore unfortunately I cannot recommend this unit. Just ordered a Vicovation Opia 2.

Hello Tom
The unit was purchased (for $429) on 4 August 2015 from Audio Precision Pty Ltd, Myaree. I was told the unit was the latest and had only just come out. The numbers on the unit are DR65GS1E5E00340.
Regards
Mike

DeanPortsmouth

Frustrating and pointless

See all BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S reviews

Cyberstalker

Cyberstalker asked

Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Recently purchased a car with this camera,I removed the Blackvue sd card and the camera hasn't recorded anything since 2018!
The front white light is on and the blue and red lights are also on,when I try and press the button to turn the Wifi on/off nothing happens as well.
So in other words the power is on but there's no one home,help please?!

Hi Cyberstalker,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

If the system is showing lights but they are solid then it does confirm power is coming in but the camera is freezing on startup.
This could be caused by the cameras SD Card or the camera itself.

We would advise powering the camera with no SD Card inserted to try and isolate which component is the cause of the issue.
If the camera boots and says "No SD Card" then it would indicate that the SD Card was the cause and we would advise getting a new SD card.
If the same issue persists then it would indicate that the camera is the cause.
If it is the camera please let us know so that we can assist further to resolve the issue.

If assistance is required with performing these steps please reach out to us on the number below.

Harman A.asked

DR650GW / DR650S

Hi team I got dr650 ms and dr 950s 4K camera what is biggest sd card I can use is it compatible for 256 gb for longer storage ?? please Advice

Hi Harman,

The DR650 is only rated to a 128GB SD card, while the DR900S can handle up to a 256GB SD card.

Harman A.asked

DR650GW / DR650S

I can’t find the password for my 650 series BlackVue please Advice

Hi Harman,

The default password for the DR650S is 'blackvue' if this shows up as incorrect you will need to reset the units password via a computer using the BlackVue Viewer.

Harman A.

Thanks for your help team

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives

The DR650S offers a number of features that overlap with the similarly high rated BlackVue DR705S, which sits in a price tier above it. These include:

• Compatibility with a 128GB memory card. which can record about 40 hours of footage, according to BlackVue)
  • Impact detection mode, known as ‘Event Recording’
  • Parking Mode, which uses impact and motion detection to record footage if something, or someone, collides with your car
  • Voice recording is also turned on by default. This feature records audio as well – for example, if someone keys your car, it will record the sound of it happening as evidence
  • A built-in GPS and WiFi allow your dash cam to add details about geolocation and speed to your videos, and allows you to connect to your smart device for playback.

The DR650S differs from the DR750S in only a few minor ways. It lacks the advanced Sports Mode and Extreme Modes offered, which record 60 frames per second. The highest number of fps you’ll get with the DR650S is 30 fps using the Full HD (1920x1080) resolution. A higher frame rate allows for a crisper image, and reduces motion blur.

This model also features a slightly smaller viewing angle – 129 degrees, compared to 139 degrees with the DR750S.

Compare all 5 BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S

BlackVue Dual Truck Camera D650S-TR-IR-16

CategoryDash CamsDash CamsDash CamsDash Cams
Price (RRP) A$549.00A$399.00
Viewing Angle 129°129°
Camera Resolution1080p (Full HD)1080p (Full HD)
Megapixels 2.1 MP2.1 MP
Channels 21
FeaturesAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), GPS, Microphone/Audio Recording, Motion Detection, No Screen (Camera Only), Smartphone App and Wi-FiAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), GPS, Microphone/Audio Recording, Motion Detection, No Screen (Camera Only) and Wi-Fi
Memory TypeMicroSD cardMicroSD card
Weight124 g96 g
Dimensions Front: 36 x 118.5, Rear: 25 x 67.4 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Replaced byBlackVue Dual Camera DR650S-2CH