BlackVue DR750S-1CH (1 Channel)

BlackVue DR750S-1CH (1 Channel) Questions & Answers

MPN: DR750S-1CH
Listing monitored by BlackVue

5 questions from our users

Anthony D.asked

Hi,

I installed this camera a while ago and it was working perfectly. Recently I went on an off-road 4wd trip and during the trip, the camera would randomly say "powering down" and turn off, then reboot with the usual "blackvue for your safe driving starting normal recording". At other times it says "restarting" and then goes through the same process. It seems to be at random intervals too. I've tried updating firmware and also formatting the sd card. I'm using the supplied sd card along with a power magic pro. Any advice?

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for reaching out to us.
Hearing the prompts "Powering down" and "Restarting" would usually indicate two separate things occurring.

The camera announces "Powering down" when there has been a disruption of power flow to the system.
Did this prompt occur multiple times while driving?
If so we would advise checking the PMP harness and ensuring that all wires a fastened and secured.

As for the "Restarting" prompt, the most common cause for this would be a faulty or faulting SD Card.
However in rare cases it can even be the camera itself.
Do you have an alternate SD Card (even 3rd party) that can be temporarily used with the system to see if the same issue occurs?

Please let us know

Anthony D.

I forgot to mention I'm using a PMP set to 12V and 12 hours. The harness is nice and secure, and the wiring has been hard wired with fuse taps. The off road trip was quite bumpy, I thought potentially the camera had made too many event videos and that could have damaged its operation? I'll try with a generic sd card and see how I go.

pelsedonobend
pelsedonobendasked
DR750S-1CH (1 Channel)

My Blackvue keeps saying Audio recording off ....then will say .... Starting audio recording this is very annoying is this a fault? or is the a setting I can change to stop this the device is only 2 weeks old and was fitted to a new car.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi, It sounds the camera proximity sensor is being constantly triggered.
Are you able to advise if this occurs during night and day driving or just day driving?

Daz
Dazasked
DR750S-1CH (1 Channel)

Hi. Is there a way to add the smaller rear camera to what I already have?

Garry
Garry

I already have Blackvue DR750S-2Channel

Hi Daz,

Thanks for getting in touch.
Unfortunately the DR750S-1CH does not have the port required to house a rear camera.

Emmy Tee
Emmy Teeasked
DR750S-1CH (1 Channel)

Hi. I just had DR750 installed yesterday. I don't understand why the wifi connection drops out and doesn't connect again automatically when I return to the car. Is it normal to keep having to press reset on the camera so my device will connect? I'm using iOS 11 and my device recognises the camera as a wifi connection if I go into wifi settings on device, but fails to connect to unit unless I press reset button on the dashcam.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Emmy, you may have the 'WiFi auto turn off' feature enabled, this will turn the WiFi off after 10 minutes of no activity.
Keep in mind, while you are connected via WiFi, you will not have any data/internet on your phone.
BlackVue Australia.

Rusty
Rusty

Hi I had the same problem I would have expected the WiFi connection from my phone to automatically connect two cameras in a car when I'm within range what I find is that in fact I have to manually connect every time I also find that the range of the cameras Wi-Fi is very limited unless you're standing right next to the car or inside the car the camera Wi-Fi range isn't far enough and it will drop out.

Hi Rusty,

If your phone is not automatically connecting to the BlackVue Wi-Fi, this usually means that:

The BlackVue Wi-Fi network is not configured for auto-connect/auto-join in your phone settings, you will have to double check on the Wi-Fi settings for this particular network on your mobile device. Another thing you will have to keep in mind is that if your phone is currently connected to a different Wi-Fi network currently, it will not automatically disconnect and re-connect to the camera, but will usually prioritise the what has the strongest signal in your saved networks.

The BlackVue camera Wi-Fi is only effective for up to 5~10 meters from the device, so it is not recommended to be much further than this when actively operating BlackVue Wi-Fi.

Please let us know if you would like us to clarify on any of the raised points or had any other inquiries about this, thank you!

Chris

ross
rossasked
DR750S-1CH (1 Channel)

I just installed the Gator in a brand new Audi A5. It stops the MMI interphase from the iphone to the Audi MMI. Is there a way that the camera can still work without WIFI?

Kev 60
Kev 60

I’m not a expert but I think you only need the wifi to view the records from the sdi card. The wifi I have on my blackvue is only there for me to view records and I can update the card from my phone. Hope this helps.

Hi Ross,
I wish we could help, but unfortunately we don't know anything about the Gator brand - only BlackVue :)
Maybe try posting your question in the Gator section?
BlackVue Australia Team.

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives

BlackVue DR750S-1CH (1 Channel)

Other Dash Cams