Blackvue DR900S

4.3

• Readable Number PlatesYes (13) · No (0)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality

Brilliant

Don’t waste your money buying cheaper brands as I did, the DR900S-1CH is simply the best. Day time video clarity is I believe second to none and the night time clarity would with out a doubt be the best I’ve seen. I self installed using the PMP by just following the install instructions & video, easy as.Everything else from mounting the dash cam to viewing the recorded video is a breeze, only taking a few trips to adjust the settings to my liking. I brought the 1ch model because of the dark tinting on the rear window on my 4X4, so the only criticism that I have is that a rear camera can’t be added later on if I require one, (maybe this could be looked at by BlackVue for future models). Overall this is a brilliant dash cam.
Wayne Ellis

SunnyMelbourne

Can't trust the original memory card Blackvue 900 S 2 channel

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Sunny, just touching base to see if you have contacted our office for further help? I just want to make sure that our team is helping you out and that yo are receiving the help you require.
Thanks,
Tom.

Sunny

Good on picture quality but work badly (overheating) during summer time

Dash Cams

Find out how Blackvue DR900S compares to other Dash Cams

Good picture but terrible cloud connectivity

Recently purchased 4k BlackVue DR900S dash cam. The picture quality is excellent. However, I have had no end of trouble trying to connect remotely and use the cloud (which is what I wanted - rather than physically removing replacing a memory card). While the camera itself is ok - they have not got remote access or cloud capability right. I do not reccomend this product if remote access or upload to cloud is important.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi DC Syd, just wondering if you have had a chance to reach out to our support team so they could assist you in getting your camera to connect to the Cloud correctly?
James.

ValleyForge

ValleyForge

Well - You Really Need To RTFM. Yes. Really carefully.

The two cameras took 2 hrs to install with the independent parking power supply. The WiFi setup is far from intuitive, and then setting up the Cloud connection is even more opaque.

But, now both cameras are working, I am amazed. They leave my dead Garmin camera for dead. The box has all you need; none of those 100cm long power cables which are useless. It even has spare adhesive pads & cable clips!

Blackvue Dashcam - Superior Product

Checked out multiple dashcams and in the end settled for the Blackvue 900s.

If you want superior video quality (day & night) with excellent features and user friendly this should be the camera of choice.

Was that impressed with the dashcam, I have booked in my second car to get the same camera.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi DC7, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're glad to hear how happy you are and that you've purchased a second unit.
Thanks again,
Tom.

Craig Mcasked

DR900S

Hi. I have a Dr900s 2ch. I was looking at the recorded files and noticed it only has every 2nd day on file and nothing for the days in-between. What causes that? I have looked at my settings and can not see why it is doing this. Calender selection highlights recordings as only available
every 2nd day and nothing to select on the other days.

Vladimir

What size and brand of card do you have? Do you have it set up for parking mode? It is highly recommended you get the Samsung endurance pro 128GB or the Lexar professional 128GB micro SD cards. Format the card in the camera in open space so it can lock onto GPS satellites as that is how it sets time and date. Please note that the 2 channel will chew up storage very quickly (4K plus FHD). Blackvue website has a chart that shows how many hours of recording for specific card sizes.

BTW, what types of recordings are the ones you see? In the app, there are labeled as E for event etc.

Hi Vladimir,
The card is a Blackvue 32gb. I think your suggestion to go a bigger card is the way to go. Thanks

Caz

Cazasked

DR900S

I recently purchased the DR900S-2CH and having trouble with making my phone the hotspot. I can connect my home wi-fi so when parked in the driveway it is fine but when I try to make my phone the hotspot I can select the Blackvue wi-fi on the phone and my select hotspot on my phone but when i go into the app it doesn't let me select the phone. What am I doing wrong?

David

Davidasked

DR900S

I have a Blackvue DR900S 2CH that was installed about 15 months now. Things had been OK and smooth until about 2 months ago, when I then could not view the files anymore. Since then, the symptoms are like this:
* It does record but seems like long delay for recording the very current time, ie when checking , see the clips taken until 2 or 3 minutes before current time.. looks like it take a while to update the recording,
which was a weird behaviour compared with how it worked before.
* When switching to Blackvue wifi to view the clips on my iPhone, only the very last clip can run and display, all the previous clips cannot, it displays the err msg: 'the camera is in use and/or cannot start this function'' .
I tried many times... updating the firmware - not working; then remove the Blackvue apps in my iPhone and then re-installed the Blackvue app - not working. Press and hold button on device to restart it - not working.. So, trying and trying this way and that way, but not working back yet.

What should I do now? Is there any Blackvue centres where I can bring my dash camera to, for some check/fix?
Thank you very much.
David

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives

Blackvue DR900S

If you’ve watched content on a 4K TV, you’ll know the stunning clarity that this innovative resolution can offer. Since the purpose of a dash cam is to record the finer details of road incidents, you can imagine that a dash camera equipped with a 4K front camera can offer peace of mind that footage won’t turn out blurry or pixelated.

Adding more points onto the ‘peace of mind’ angle, you can also zoom in on important details such as license plate numbers, and the DR900S is designed with Event File Overwrite Protection. This means that up to 50 video files of incidents can be saved – preventing the loop-recording feature from overriding important footage.

Video compression technology grants the same amount of recording time to this 4K dash cam as you’d get with a standard HD dash cam. Thankfully, this means you won’t run out of storage space on your SD card extra quickly.

BlackVue claims that combined with its fast shutter speed and 162-degree wide angle view, the DR900S is able to capture a wider range of accurate footage (this angle is more far reaching than the 129 degrees offered by the DR650S and 139 degrees of the DR750S).

With Native Parking Mode, the DR900S goes one step further than the regular Parking Mode offered by the DR650s and the DR750S. You won’t need to buy a separate external battery pack (called a Power Magic Battery Pack) or separate hardwiring kit (Power Magic Pro) – as a hardwiring kit is already included. In practical terms, this means that the dash cam will automatically switch to Parking Mode whenever you turn your car off, earning the DR900S extra points for convenience.

Compare both Blackvue DR900S
BlackVue DR900S-2CH (2 Channels)
  • Award Winner 2020

BlackVue DR900S-2CH (2 Channels)

4.3
BlackVue DR900S-1CH (1 Channel)
  • Award Winner 2020

BlackVue DR900S-1CH (1 Channel)

4.4
CategoryDash CamsDash Cams
Price (RRP) $799.00$599.00
Viewing Angle 162°162°
Camera Resolution2160p (4K Ultra HD)2160p (4K Ultra HD)
Megapixels 8 MP8 MP
Channels 21
FeaturesAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), GPS, Microphone/Audio Recording, Motion Detection, No Screen (Camera Only), Smartphone App and Wi-FiAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), GPS, Microphone/Audio Recording, Motion Detection, No Screen (Camera Only), Smartphone App and Wi-Fi
Memory TypeMicroSD cardMicroSD card
Weight116 g88 g
Dimensions Front: 36 x 118.5, Rear: 25 x 67.4 mm36 x 118.5 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare both Blackvue DR900S