Blackvue DR900S

4.4

• Readable Number PlatesYes (2) · No (0)
  • Video Quality
  • Battery Life
  • Audio Quality
  • Night-Time Video Quality
Jayasooriah

JayasooriahSydney, NSW

Customer Service DR900S-1CH

Some 22 months after I purchased DR900S-1CH camera with 128GB the SD card failed. I contacted customer service I was told the accessory warranty is only for 12 months. I was further told: BlackVue 128GB SD card for $159 this comes with a 1 year warranty; Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB SD card for $79 this comes with a 5 year warranty.

I said that I would not have purchased the BlackVue SD card at the premium price had I known about the Samsung Pro Endurance and asked for the decision to be reviewed. They promptly agreed send me a replacement Samsung card. I call that good customer service.

JamesVictoria

The software could be better

From a pure objective point of being a dash cam, this does exactly what I want. However, the software leaves a bit to be desired. There’s no easy way to transfer data to your phone short of a SD card adapter. Copy times over wifi are atrocious so you have to leave the car on and your phone nearby plugged in waiting for the download to complete. There’s no option for transfers over the Internet.

Purchased in July 2019 for $800.00.

James

Yeah, not looking to save in the cloud. Just locally.

ShanePerth, WA

Great set of cameras.

Great picture quality and incredible customer service.
Would like to see a YouTube of ALL its setup and functions.
As well, their installers (3 so far) are very professional.
More memory capability please.

Purchased in May 2019 at Hyundai Dealers.

Shane

Thanks for that. Will get to on line tutorials, hopefully soon.

Dash Cams

Find out how Blackvue DR900S compares to other Dash Cams

Great product! And great service!

Super clear images with 4K camera, great for actually getting plate numbers.
Just make sure you have the recommended micro sd card and possibly a spare in case of any issues

Purchased in December 2018 at Autobarn.

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Blake, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we're very happy to hear how pleased you are with the camera and our service, please get in touch if you ever need anything.
Cheers,
Tom.
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd

Craig Mcasked

DR900S

Hi. I have a Dr900s 2ch. I was looking at the recorded files and noticed it only has every 2nd day on file and nothing for the days in-between. What causes that? I have looked at my settings and can not see why it is doing this. Calender selection highlights recordings as only available
every 2nd day and nothing to select on the other days.

Vladimir

What size and brand of card do you have? Do you have it set up for parking mode? It is highly recommended you get the Samsung endurance pro 128GB or the Lexar professional 128GB micro SD cards. Format the card in the camera in open space so it can lock onto GPS satellites as that is how it sets time and date. Please note that the 2 channel will chew up storage very quickly (4K plus FHD). Blackvue website has a chart that shows how many hours of recording for specific card sizes.

BTW, what types of recordings are the ones you see? In the app, there are labeled as E for event etc.

Hi Vladimir,
The card is a Blackvue 32gb. I think your suggestion to go a bigger card is the way to go. Thanks

Caz

Cazasked

DR900S

I recently purchased the DR900S-2CH and having trouble with making my phone the hotspot. I can connect my home wi-fi so when parked in the driveway it is fine but when I try to make my phone the hotspot I can select the Blackvue wi-fi on the phone and my select hotspot on my phone but when i go into the app it doesn't let me select the phone. What am I doing wrong?

David

Davidasked

DR900S

I have a Blackvue DR900S 2CH that was installed about 15 months now. Things had been OK and smooth until about 2 months ago, when I then could not view the files anymore. Since then, the symptoms are like this:
* It does record but seems like long delay for recording the very current time, ie when checking , see the clips taken until 2 or 3 minutes before current time.. looks like it take a while to update the recording,
which was a weird behaviour compared with how it worked before.
* When switching to Blackvue wifi to view the clips on my iPhone, only the very last clip can run and display, all the previous clips cannot, it displays the err msg: 'the camera is in use and/or cannot start this function'' .
I tried many times... updating the firmware - not working; then remove the Blackvue apps in my iPhone and then re-installed the Blackvue app - not working. Press and hold button on device to restart it - not working.. So, trying and trying this way and that way, but not working back yet.

What should I do now? Is there any Blackvue centres where I can bring my dash camera to, for some check/fix?
Thank you very much.
David

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives

Blackvue DR900S

If you’ve watched content on a 4K TV, you’ll know the stunning clarity that this innovative resolution can offer. Since the purpose of a dash cam is to record the finer details of road incidents, you can imagine that a dash camera equipped with a 4K front camera can offer peace of mind that footage won’t turn out blurry or pixelated.

Adding more points onto the ‘peace of mind’ angle, you can also zoom in on important details such as license plate numbers, and the DR900S is designed with Event File Overwrite Protection. This means that up to 50 video files of incidents can be saved – preventing the loop-recording feature from overriding important footage.

Video compression technology grants the same amount of recording time to this 4K dash cam as you’d get with a standard HD dash cam. Thankfully, this means you won’t run out of storage space on your SD card extra quickly.

BlackVue claims that combined with its fast shutter speed and 162-degree wide angle view, the DR900S is able to capture a wider range of accurate footage (this angle is more far reaching than the 129 degrees offered by the DR650S and 139 degrees of the DR750S).

With Native Parking Mode, the DR900S goes one step further than the regular Parking Mode offered by the DR650s and the DR750S. You won’t need to buy a separate external battery pack (called a Power Magic Battery Pack) or separate hardwiring kit (Power Magic Pro) – as a hardwiring kit is already included. In practical terms, this means that the dash cam will automatically switch to Parking Mode whenever you turn your car off, earning the DR900S extra points for convenience.

Compare both Blackvue DR900S
BlackVue DR900S-2CH (2 Channels)
  • Award Winner 2020

BlackVue DR900S-2CH (2 Channels)

4.4
BlackVue DR900S-1CH (1 Channel)
  • Award Winner 2020

BlackVue DR900S-1CH (1 Channel)

CategoryDash CamsDash Cams
Price (RRP) $799.00$599.00
Viewing Angle 162°162°
Camera Resolution2160p (4K Ultra HD)2160p (4K Ultra HD)
Megapixels 8 MP8 MP
Channels 21
FeaturesAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), GPS, Microphone/Audio Recording, Motion Detection, No Screen (Camera Only), Smartphone App and Wi-FiAutomatic Incident Detection (G-sensor), GPS, Microphone/Audio Recording, Motion Detection, No Screen (Camera Only), Smartphone App and Wi-Fi
Memory TypeMicroSD cardMicroSD card
Weight116 g88 g
Dimensions Front: 36 x 118.5, Rear: 25 x 67.4 mm36 x 118.5 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare both Blackvue DR900S