Blanco BRU53X / BRU70X

2.8 from 5 reviews · View Details

2.8

AHA.

AHA.South East Queensland, QLD

AHA . Generally very satisfied with the operation of the Rangehood.

It was installed in our new home approximately five years ago and has not given any operating problems to date. At high speed, the fan tends to be rather noisy. Replacing a globe can be tricky as the globe housing is a snug fit. Cleaning the filters is a straight forward operation , But care must be taken not to bend the lightweight frames. Other than we are happy with the unit.

Purchased in June 2015.

Flimsy filter

The aluminum filter has only 2 protruding parts while the body of the rangehood has 4 slots. The protruding parts are made out of the very thin aluminum frame, which breaks very easily, for me just after 2 washes. You can easily break that protruding parts by just looking at it. It's of inferior quality. I am sure it's not up to the industry standard. It's so fragile that if you accidentally push the protruding part, it may fold then it breaks.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

love the flashing light for cleaning

I have had this product since October 2013, love the flashing light telling me when to clean panels also great to set fan on after for fifteen minutes, also have ducted outside, not going into roof space to make it greasy up there. Found the fan speed was acceptable for use .

Range Hoods

Find out how Blanco BRU53X / BRU70X compares to other Range Hoods

Useless exhaust fan Blanco BRU70X

BRU70X thought we were paying for quality exhaust fan, as was recommended by sales person, only to find it is the most useless piece of junk we have ever purchased. Even on full fan the condensation drops from the filters back into the food on the stove. Would not recommend to anyone!!!!
Hidden from view
Not at all efficient

KarenS.

KarenS.AU

Am happy with this product

TraceyAJ
TraceyAJ

Clovellycasked

BRU53X

My question is to renovator. Have you contacted Blanco to check it out? I have exactly the same problem with BRu53X. My father's $150 unit from bunnings works 10 times better. I called Blanco and they said they can send someone to check it out but I don't want to waste my time if they're going to tell me it does what it's meant to do. You are right, it is absolutely useless. I can't cook a pasta without literally getting a bathroom towel to wipe the cupboards and that's while it's on speed 3. I'm sure I paid over $500 so I really should do something about it while it's still under warranty.

renovator
renovator

As mine was still under warranty I had the local service guy have a look. He checked the air flow & flue to see if there was any obstruction and said it was working as it should. I did not contact the manufacturer, but probably should have. I feel I received the wrong advice when we purchased and probably should have got a different type of exhaust. Not too sure where this one would actually work the way you would expect it to, as really is totally useless!

Clovellyc

That's exactly what I'm worried they'll say. I Should follow it up with them and see what happens. I bought mine from Harvey Norman. 2 out of my 4 kitchen appliances were duds. The other one was the Samsung dual oven.