Blanco BWCE9X

Blanco BWCE9X

1.0 from 1 review

1.0

1 review

Never recommend this product to anyone who cooks

Date PurchasedOct 2013
See all Blanco BWC6X / BWC9X / BWCE6X / BWCE9X reviews

dave

daveasked

BWCE9X

How much is a new light switch for a blanco bwce9x cooker hood

M> Linden

My Rangehood is the 6x and the switch mechanism was about $250 the guarantee on this was about6 mths. I decided not to throw good money after bad and did not get it fixed.

Rungi

Rungiasked

BWCE9X

Was using Rangehood and suddenly was loud bang and the lights went out on the Rangehood. I put new tube bulbs in 250v 40w but did not work.
My Question is there a fuse somewhere or trip switch?
All help will be much appreciated

M> Linden

This is what happened to both my blanco rangehoods.in one kitchen it is ducted and the other is recirculating.it is not the light bulb but the switch mechanism behind the front buttons.
This is what was quoted as $250 to fix.
This rangehood is just a dud product and its even worse that I purchased them for both kitchens based on a choice product review!

M> Linden

Both my blanco rangehoods ( one ducted,the other recirculating) had the lights blow repeatedly.It is not a light bulb replacement issue but the central light switch behind the button panel needs replacing. This costs approx.$250.I have not bothered to do this but will instead replace both hoods with a better product.This is a totally dud product made worse as I based purchase on basis of Choice product review!

Sparkey_22
Sparkey_22

I had exactly the same thing happen to my Blanco range-hood - A loud bang and the lights go out and all the power in the kitchen went off - I had to reset the cut off switches in the meter box outside to get the power back on - Phoned my electrician and he say's because the switches are electronic they are not worth fixing.
I wrote to the distributors who never even bothered to answer my question as to a fix for the light switch yet they brag about the quality of their products and customer service.
The rest of the range-hood works ok - but just ok, the extraction of cooking steam etc is poor as most of it bypasses the range-hood and onto the kitchen ceiling - The units need a much more powerful motor.
Would I recommend these units - definitely not.