Blanco BWC6X / BWC9X / BWCE6X / BWCE9X

5 questions from our users

Mui

Muiasked

BWC9X

letter "F" appears on the range hood indicator. what does it mean?

paul

It probably means it will be "F' d" in a few years. Mine is!

heinoasked

my blanco rangehood light & fan do not work i need a new board that sits behind the switched, but am unable to find one. Any help?
Heino

Anon
Anon

Go to http://www.agw.com.au

It is not just a new board. The replacement unit contains the lightbulb fittings and the switchboard (it is all one unit). You will need the exact model number but but before you go and buy it, remember that it will cost you $150 dollars and IT WILL inevitably blow up again.

Also, the job to change it is dirty and difficult for one person.

My advice would be to get a new rangehood and avoid Blanco at all costs. This is a fault which Blanco fail to acknowledge. For a premium brand, they have the worst support and I will never buy their products again.

Good luck.

heino

at the moment am unable to get the part still hoping

paul

Hope you bought a better brand. Old ones are not usually worth repairing now days.

dave

daveasked

BWCE9X

How much is a new light switch for a blanco bwce9x cooker hood

M> Linden

My Rangehood is the 6x and the switch mechanism was about $250 the guarantee on this was about6 mths. I decided not to throw good money after bad and did not get it fixed.

Rungi

Rungiasked

BWCE9X

Was using Rangehood and suddenly was loud bang and the lights went out on the Rangehood. I put new tube bulbs in 250v 40w but did not work.
My Question is there a fuse somewhere or trip switch?
All help will be much appreciated

M> Linden

This is what happened to both my blanco rangehoods.in one kitchen it is ducted and the other is recirculating.it is not the light bulb but the switch mechanism behind the front buttons.
This is what was quoted as $250 to fix.
This rangehood is just a dud product and its even worse that I purchased them for both kitchens based on a choice product review!

M> Linden

Both my blanco rangehoods ( one ducted,the other recirculating) had the lights blow repeatedly.It is not a light bulb replacement issue but the central light switch behind the button panel needs replacing. This costs approx.$250.I have not bothered to do this but will instead replace both hoods with a better product.This is a totally dud product made worse as I based purchase on basis of Choice product review!

Sparkey_22
Sparkey_22

I had exactly the same thing happen to my Blanco range-hood - A loud bang and the lights go out and all the power in the kitchen went off - I had to reset the cut off switches in the meter box outside to get the power back on - Phoned my electrician and he say's because the switches are electronic they are not worth fixing.
I wrote to the distributors who never even bothered to answer my question as to a fix for the light switch yet they brag about the quality of their products and customer service.
The rest of the range-hood works ok - but just ok, the extraction of cooking steam etc is poor as most of it bypasses the range-hood and onto the kitchen ceiling - The units need a much more powerful motor.
Would I recommend these units - definitely not.

Stan

Stanasked

Bwc6x is this value for money?

Renovation Bloke
Renovation Bloke

Depends what you're paying for it. Shop around and no doubt you will find a good price. All I can say is we have had good experience with Blanco and we believe they represent good value. I'm sure brands like Meile maybe of slightly better quality but one must ask themselves, is it really worth paying over inflated prices just for a name when a good German appliance like Blanco won't break the bank. Stay away from Nobel, terrible brand but you may wish to look at Beaumatic, they're not that we'll known but my brother has this brand as they came with the home he built and I must say they seem to cook really well. When I house sat for him while he was away I cooked each night and the oven and cooktop work a treat as did the Rangehood. The Rangehood was a little noisy on full power but the same applies to my Blanco. If you want good extraction you must expect some noise.

M> Linden

My experience with the kitchen rangehood BWCE6X by BLANCO is DON"T TOUCH THIS PRODUCT WITH A BARGE POLE!!.It is total rubbish! lights failed twice in 2 years, extraction poor, very noisy!

Get an answer from our members and Blanco representatives