Blinds Online Questions & Answers

4.8 from 3,018 reviews

100 questions from our users

Rhonda Lukies

Rhonda Lukiesasked

Hi there, I recently received some fabric samples for curtains, thank you. I really like the Bingham basket beige but have decided to go with blinds. Is this fabric available for blinds? Cheers Rhonda
rhonda_lukies@iinet.net.au

Nicol

Nicolasked

I'm looking at getting the Honeycomb blinds in a white just wondering about cleaning
Nicol

Jennyasked

Hi, I’ve been looking at alternatives for blinds on northern sliding doors and western facing windows. I came across zebra blinds. Seems like a great solution rather than double blinds or blinds plus curtains. But they don’t seem popular - I’ve never seen them anywhere and none of my friends know of them. I’m nervous about buying something that doesn’t seem to have founds a market? Anything you can tell me about these blinds and if they’ve been successful with customers. Thank you, Jenny

Hi Jenny,

Thanks so much for your question.

This product is a fantastic product for both privacy and dimming out the light. With the Double-layer, you can line up the sheer and opaque strips in any way you want to let in as much light as you need. That means you can enjoy the view, enjoy the sun or enjoy your privacy all with one blind. You can pick from our Enjoy Dimouts with Blockout backing or our regular Enjoys with lovely light filtering fabric.

If you go to our site https://www.blindsonline.com.au/zebra-roller-blinds and click on the colour you like you can order 10 samples for free, that way you can ensure you are choosing the right colour for your home.

If you need any assistance what so ever, you can contact us directly on 1300 761 179 or send us an email to sales@blindsonline.com.au and we will help you as much as you need.

Have a lovely and safe day.

Kindest Regards,

Matthew Walsh

Jenny

Thanks Matthew. Sound like the perfect solution so am surprised ive never seen them anywhere. I guess I’ll think about it.

Vipul Behl

Vipul Behlasked

Hi Everyone,

Can someone show me the 'Eternity Linen Biscuit Roman Blind' ? I just wanted to know how does it look like on a wall. I have a sample but that doesn't really reveal how its gonna look like on the wall?

Peterasked

Where are your blinds made.

Anne E
Anne E

www.blindsonline.com.au

Happy customer NSW
Happy customer NSW

From the contact information on the website I presume it was in Victoria.

Peter

Given the website doesn't mention where to blinds are made I suspect it is China.

Mick

Mickasked

I have just received my roman blind. Ordered thermal as I assumed this meant blockout with thermal properties. This was assumed as it is named after blockout, not after light filtering which is what thermal is. Can these blinds be retrofitted with blockout material? Very disappointed.

Jen
Jen

Their customer service may me able to assist you with this, I have found them quite helpful.

Anne v.

Anne v.asked

Do you have any pictures of 'Face' mounted roman blinds showing how they sit on the mounting brackets please

Katy T.

Katy T.asked

I'm looking for information about the electric smart rise. I can't see pictures of the battery pack, or figure out if they can be operated in several different rooms from seperate remotes, how quiet they are etc. Can you please point me in the right direction?

We are happy Jan.asked

Can you please tell me is the 10% of ALL blinds this weekend?

Brooke G
Brooke G

Until today (Sunday)

We are happy Jan.

No it's not right...it's only off certain blinds ....not ALL.

Leanne R

Leanne Rasked

Hello, I am looking at purchasing motorised roman blinds. How long does the battery last? and are quiet ?

Ming

Mingasked

Is there any review regarding your motorized blinds?

Adriana S.

Adriana S.asked

I would like to see a photo of Roman blind installed with the chain mechanism - all photos on website show no chain.

Meg

Megasked

We are looking at a motorised roller blind - has anyone self installed using the Blinds Online motor?

Matiu M.

Matiu M.asked

What brackets do blinds online use, do they have slimline brackets? They don't seem to have hardware a catalogue

Karyn
Karyn

All the hardware comes with the blinds and very easy to install. Not sure what you mean by slimline but it seems to be very unobtrusive.

Jennasked

Hi, I want to purchase curtains for my children's bedroom. We are currently looking at Bijou - Linen Oatmeal. Both block out and thermal performance are very important - we live in Tasmania and the glass is 60's plate glass (not double glazed). Do I select thermal or blockout?Looking forward to getting the answers so we can hit send!
Regards

BrolgaB
BrolgaB

We live in Northern Victoria and our nights can get down to less than 0°C in the winter and the days more than 40°C in the summer. We also have 60's glass. The blockout seems adequate at the moment. Our (grown up) kids like the bedrooms to be darker at night so that is why i chose the blockout. I have never used thermal. The blockout seems adequate for both hot and cold weather. Spend the money on an electric blanket to take the chill off the bed before bedtime and then use a good doona. Our house is not a cold house though. Hope this experience helps. I could use some Tasmanian weather at the moment. We are about to have six days with an average temperature of 42°C. Good luck with your decision Jenn.

Jenn

Thank you for insights Brolga, I think I will go with the blockout. Hilariously I have been inn Albury since Sunday so I know exactly what you are saying about the heat and the need for some Tasmanian freshness :)
Keep cool today
Regards Jenn

Mel L

Mel Lasked

Will it make more of a difference of I add a block out blind and a blockout curtain (drapes) to make a room cooler?

Chalice M

Chalice Masked

Is there a way to get the pin back in if it has extended too far out?

Good afternoon Chalice,

Thanks so much for your question.

The pin drive that you have has a transparent cog on it. It extends in 1 mm increments and extends fully at 8mm. Once you go past the 8th click it simply springs back to the original setting.

If you have any issues what so ever doing this give us a call on 1300 761179 and I will en devour to help you.

Have a great day.

Matthew Walsh.

MarkJ

MarkJasked

Hi, we bought some roman blinds with thermal lining from you and we've now realised that we should have got them with blockout lining. Is it possible to order just replacement blind material that we could attach to the existing blind mechanism? On your website you only seem to have complete blinds (e.g. material & mechanism).
Regards, Mark.

kyo

kyoasked

the bottom metal piece that seals the bottom of the blind fell out and does not seem to go back in without falling out continuesly ... what’s the trick? ty

Good afternoon Kyo,

Thank you for your question.

Could you please send your order details through to me directly matthew@blindsonline.com.au.

I will get this rectified for you straight away.

Thanks in advance.

Matt Walsh

Jamie

Jamieasked

I have a one panel master bedroom window over 3000mm and want to put two black out blinds on a easy link but with no gap between the blinds. Is this possible, or must there be a gap?

Good morning Jame,

Thanks so much for your question.

When butting two roller blinds together you will have a gap between the fabrics. The reason for this is that from the edge of the fabric to the edge of the roller blind bracket is approximately 15mm on one side. So when two rollers are butted up you will have a gap of approximately 30mm between the fabrics. The Easy-link system reduces that gap to just 20mm as only one bracket is required in to support both blinds. As the Easy-link system is not on our site, you can give us a call and we will process the order for you.

Otherwise if the gap is too large for you, you can use other products such as Roman blinds or Honeycomb blinds as they will sit pretty much flush to one another. You will simply need a small app to stop the fabrics from rubbing on one another.

If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to give us a call on 1300 761179 and we will take you through products that could work well for your scenario.

Have a wonderful day.