Tuiss Blinds Online

Tuiss Blinds Online Questions & Answers (page 2 of 6)

108 questions from our users

Meg

Megasked

We are looking at a motorised roller blind - has anyone self installed using the Blinds Online motor?

Matiu M.

Matiu M.asked

What brackets do blinds online use, do they have slimline brackets? They don't seem to have hardware a catalogue

Karyn
Karyn

All the hardware comes with the blinds and very easy to install. Not sure what you mean by slimline but it seems to be very unobtrusive.

Jennasked

Hi, I want to purchase curtains for my children's bedroom. We are currently looking at Bijou - Linen Oatmeal. Both block out and thermal performance are very important - we live in Tasmania and the glass is 60's plate glass (not double glazed). Do I select thermal or blockout?Looking forward to getting the answers so we can hit send!
Regards

BrolgaB
BrolgaB

We live in Northern Victoria and our nights can get down to less than 0°C in the winter and the days more than 40°C in the summer. We also have 60's glass. The blockout seems adequate at the moment. Our (grown up) kids like the bedrooms to be darker at night so that is why i chose the blockout. I have never used thermal. The blockout seems adequate for both hot and cold weather. Spend the money on an electric blanket to take the chill off the bed before bedtime and then use a good doona. Our house is not a cold house though. Hope this experience helps. I could use some Tasmanian weather at the moment. We are about to have six days with an average temperature of 42°C. Good luck with your decision Jenn.

Jenn

Thank you for insights Brolga, I think I will go with the blockout. Hilariously I have been inn Albury since Sunday so I know exactly what you are saying about the heat and the need for some Tasmanian freshness :)
Keep cool today
Regards Jenn

Mel L

Mel Lasked

Will it make more of a difference of I add a block out blind and a blockout curtain (drapes) to make a room cooler?

Chalice M

Chalice Masked

Is there a way to get the pin back in if it has extended too far out?

Good afternoon Chalice,

Thanks so much for your question.

The pin drive that you have has a transparent cog on it. It extends in 1 mm increments and extends fully at 8mm. Once you go past the 8th click it simply springs back to the original setting.

If you have any issues what so ever doing this give us a call on 1300 761179 and I will en devour to help you.

Matthew Walsh.

MarkJ

MarkJasked

Hi, we bought some roman blinds with thermal lining from you and we've now realised that we should have got them with blockout lining. Is it possible to order just replacement blind material that we could attach to the existing blind mechanism? On your website you only seem to have complete blinds (e.g. material & mechanism).
Regards, Mark.

kyo

kyoasked

the bottom metal piece that seals the bottom of the blind fell out and does not seem to go back in without falling out continuesly ... what’s the trick? ty

Good afternoon Kyo,

Thank you for your question.

Could you please send your order details through to me directly matthew@blindsonline.com.au.

I will get this rectified for you straight away.

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

Jamieasked

I have a one panel master bedroom window over 3000mm and want to put two black out blinds on a easy link but with no gap between the blinds. Is this possible, or must there be a gap?

Good morning Jame,

Thanks so much for your question.

When butting two roller blinds together you will have a gap between the fabrics. The reason for this is that from the edge of the fabric to the edge of the roller blind bracket is approximately 15mm on one side. So when two rollers are butted up you will have a gap of approximately 30mm between the fabrics. The Easy-link system reduces that gap to just 20mm as only one bracket is required in to support both blinds. As the Easy-link system is not on our site, you can give us a call and we will process the order for you.

Otherwise if the gap is too large for you, you can use other products such as Roman blinds or Honeycomb blinds as they will sit pretty much flush to one another. You will simply need a small app to stop the fabrics from rubbing on one another.

If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to give us a call on 1300 761179 and we will take you through products that could work well for your scenario.

Have a wonderful day.

Kind regards,

Matt Walsh.

Pamelaasked

Which are the cheapest timberlook 50mm venetions?

Good afternoon Pamela,

Thanks so much for your question.

Our 50mm Classic White is our best priced Faux wood blind. It has a 40% off offer on it right now as well.

Have a wonderful day.

ros

rosasked

Hi, we purchased linked roller blinds and think you have included the wrong bracket, should we have two control brackets for each end - instead of pin end bracket?

Good afternoon,

Thanks so much for your question.

Could you send me a photograph to matthew@blindsonline.com.au along with your order number.

I can then let you know exactly what should have been supplied.

Thanks so much.

Matthew Walsh

Pamelaasked

Full range of roman blinds in washable / wipe material?

Good afternoon Pamela,

Thanks so much for your question.

Our Roman blind fabrics are to be dry cleaned only. To remove surface dust, you can vacuum the blinds gently.

If you have any more questions you can email us on sales@blindsonline.com.au or alternatively give us a call on 1300 76 11 79

Have a great Day.

Mathew Walsh

Pamela

Thank you for your prompt response.I am waiting for the Hen sample to arrive at my address - 16 Naas Street Tenterfield 2372.I am hoping to order 2 x Roman blinds in the Hen fabric.
Regards,
Pamela Parker

Pamela

Thank you for prompt response to my query.

Ron W

Ron Wasked

How do i remove micro venetian blinds inpurchased from you ..one side is a bit loose and insuspect the internal spring may be faulty.cheers ron

HI Ron,

Thanks for your question.

All you need to do is push back on the headrail box where the bracket is placed, and then rotate the back of the headrail down and it will unhook the blind from the brackets. If you struggle at all with this give us a call on 1300 761179 and ask for Matt and I will give you a hand.

liuroy

liuroyasked

Do you do free measure and quote?

Matthew W.Tuiss Blinds Online

Hi, we're actually a DIY store. All of our measuring instructions are on our site, and if you need any further assistance, you can always call our Customer Service team on 1300 761 179. I hope this helps,

Terri

preader

preaderasked

Hi blindsonline.com.au, I've looked through your website and pages of questions, but can't seem to find any information on the difference between the blockout and thermal lining for curtains. We are mostly interested in heat retention properties for winter, as we are planning to install a recessed sunscreen inside the frame to help deal with summer heat and airflow. Could you please advise the better backing product for winter/summer, thanks

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your question here on product review.

Our thermal lining is made of a poly-cotton with one side brushed, giving the fabric a fleece like finish. This traps the air in-between the Lining and the colour fabric creating a thermal barrier. This lining still allows lots of light to filter through into the room.

Our block out Lining is 100% Polyester, and as the name suggests, blocks out all the light. It also has the thermal properties as the above lining as an added bonus.

We do currently have a Free upgrade to the block out lining available on our website. This is a great saving as it is our most expensive lining. We recommend jumping on the deal to lock in that special price.

I hope this is helpful, please feel free to contact us on 1300 761 179 with any other questions you may have.

Vikki H

Vikki Hasked

Do you do inside curtains with blockout?

Matthew W.Tuiss Blinds Online

Hey Vikki, we certainly. In fact, right now, our blockout backing is free.

You can find out curtains here: https://www.blindsonline.com.au/curtains/

Sue S

Sue Sasked

Are there any reviews in Plantation shutter?

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your question.

I've had a look through the reviews and found the following:

Teaswizzler
Perth
2 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2015
We were very happy with the ongoing communication, timeliness of production and the price of a range of products, including shutters, PVC blinds and curtains. They answered several questions patiently via email. We paid a handyman to install them, and overall saved a lot of money compared to the quotes from the blind and cutain companies.
2 people found this helpful.

Steve and Michele
Steve and Michele

Excellent Product Excellent Customer Service
5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2016
We Recently purchased shutters and vertical Blinds form this company. We were very impressed with the customer service...every one including the gentleman who did the measure and install for the shutters were very professional...and you delivered on time..and we are very happy with the shutters and blinds. We will recommend your company to everyone...It was a pleasure to do business with this company

adrienne

Insulate roller shutters were a fantastic improvement to my home, well worth the investment
5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2016
very happy with amazing electronic roller shutters, fantastic insulation for windows for light, heat , sound and storm protection, the company were brilliant with a local rep who had great knowledge about his product. Didn't just want to sell something, gave us ideas about what combination would save money, and what to think about before signing anything.

we have has guests ask about the shutters, which has made a huge difference to a room we could not use all the time

(There may be more on there, I did a 'ctrl+f' and searched for the word Shutter.

I hope this helps.

Riv

Rivasked

Hi there, we are interested in having a curatin made, do you supply the track as well? If we decide on rod instead, do you supply that? I just couldnt see it on your website, many thanks :-)

Matthew W.Tuiss Blinds Online

Hi and thanks for your query.

We only supply the curtains, not supply rods or tracks. They can usually be sourced locally from a fabric or curtain manufacturer. We find they don't travel well via Freight Companies unfortunately, so we've stopped supplying them.

Deb

Debasked

Can you please guide me to where i would find the colour choices online please.?

Hi Deb,

Thanks for your inquiry.

You can find our blinds at: https://www.blindsonline.com.au/

If you're after roller blinds, they're here: https://www.blindsonline.com.au/roller-blinds

As you scroll down the page, you can see all the fabrics/colours available, or you can filter by colour at the top of the page.

I hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Terri

Sofie Evangelou

Sofie Evangelouasked

Do you install blinds as well?

Hi Sofie

Thank you for your question.

We are a DIY company and we have all of our [extremely] easy step-by-step instructions for measuring and installing on our site.

You can check it all out before purchasing.

https://www.blindsonline.com.au/ Have a look at "Measuring" and "How to Install" on the top menus, AND... If you have any other questions, please feel free to call us on 1300 761 179 or even send us an email to sales@blindsonline.com.au

Have a great afternoon.

Rod

Rodasked

looking for a price for shutters for interior use (dividing rooms)
1@2360w x 1315d
1@2060x1320d
Any ideas?

Hi Rod

Thank you for your inquire.

We have two styles of shutters available - PVC or Basswood.

Below I have copied a link to our shutter page where you can put your sizing in, and get a price straight away. If you require more information please email sales@blindsonline.com.au

Once you have chosen your style, all you have to do is key in your width and drop then click on update. The price will come up automatically below.

Sandra