Tuiss Blinds Online

Tuiss Blinds Online Questions & Answers (page 3 of 6)

108 questions from our users

Sal

Salasked

I'm interested in your double roller blinds but wondering if they can be fixed at the bottom as our windows slide open across the window and I don't want them to bang in the wind ??

Hi Sal

Thank you for your inquiry.

Our Roller blinds are not designed to be held down at the bottom rail.

What I can suggest is to purchase small furniture felt stoppers and stick them on the back ends of the bottom rails. It won't stop the blind from banging but it will reduce the clanging.

Hope this has been helpful.

Eleni

Eleniasked

Hi, I'm after blockout venetian blinds. Any in your range that I should be looking at in particular? Cheers, Eleni

Hi Eleni

Thank you for inquiry.

All our Venetian blind blades are 100% blockout. The wider the blade the less light gap you will get on your window. We also offer a privacy blind which I have copied details below.

Privacy Slats - Limited Availability
We offer Privacy Slats (no holes) as an optional extra to achieve better light control and to have the ability to remove the individual slats for cleaning

Simply select this feature in Step 4 when completing the Design & Order details.

Privacy Slats add 20% to the total price of a blind.

NB. Due to being unable to match the ladder tape, we do not do Privacy Slats for the following colours.

Timber Style Putty
Timber Style Jarrah
Timber Style Ash
Timber Style Pumice
Timber Style Oyster
Decor Range
Mahogany blinds will have a brown ladder tape for privacy slats only.

Below I have copied a link to our Venetian blinds. Please take advantage of ordering up to 10 free sample for you to feel and look at.

If you have any other questions, please email to sales@blindsonline.com.au

Panayota

Panayotaasked

I live on the Gold Coast and need to replace all my blinds, They are motorised and the mechanism works fine, It is just the blinds are looking shabby as they are 15 years old. Do you have anyone who can come and measure and fit as I am a lady on my own and will not be able to do the job myself.

Kind regards
Panayota 0417775027 or email tpanayota@gmail.com

Hi Panayota

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are a DIY company, so we don't have anyone we can recommend to measure and install. You maybe able to find a handyman in your local area.

However, you can send some photo's through of your existing blinds. We will be then able to let you know if our blinds would be suitable. Please email to sales@blindsonline.com.au.

Have a great afternoon.

Keith

Keithasked

I am about to install a 2.1 x 2.1 aluminum sliding door in a bedroom where a person is bedridden. I would like to fit vertical blinds and wish have those vertical blinds to be motorized, to enable the patient to have control of them, is that possible please.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your inquiry.

It certainly is possible. You can find our Verticals at the link below, and as you go through the "Design & Order" process you get to select Motorisation.

Might I suggest you grab some free samples, so you can get just the right fabric, and if you've any questions at all, feel free to call (the number's on the top of our page).

Pat

Patasked

Is backing colour of a roller blind affect the heat coming to the house? We focus on reducing the heat and cold, what sort of materials we should concern? PVC? Polyester? Or???

The blinds I ordered were sunscreen, so they let the light in but block a percentage of heat, a bit like shadecloth on a pergola. I rang Blindsonline and asked questions about what was best for my situation, they were very helpful in clarifying the difference in materials and their applications. I would suggest you do the same and get some free samples of fabrics, they arrived in the post promptly and gave me a great idea of each fabric.

Matey00
Matey00

blinds online incorporate their blockout in the material they use, not specific to a colour

Hi Pat

Thank you for your inquiry.

To help with heat and cooling, I would recommend a white coated backing fabric, which is available as an option in most of or blind products. This finish will reflect some of the heat away from your window.

Honeycomb blinds are another product we offer online. This is the most energy efficient blind we have available in a light filtered and blockout finish.

Most of our fabric are made of up of polyester. For more information you can go online and click on the fabric sample itself. This will take you a pop up page which will give you more information the fabric you are interested.

Please take advantage of ordering some of our free fabric sample and if you have on our site.

Patty Tateasked

I need a price on some good rubber back curtains. Measurements 213 drop x 213 width

Hi Patty

Thank you for your email.

We have a great range of curtains styles and fabrics online, which all comes with a 100% block out lining and our 5 year warranty. Using your measurements 2310mm x 2130mm the starting price is $579.00.

Below I have copied a link to our Curtains.

Please take advantage of ordering some sample from our fabric selection.

If you have any other questions either call our 1300 761 179 or email sales@blindsonline.com.au

Cheers

lynne

lynneasked

Do you have a recommendation of someone to install the blinds in the Edithvale area please?

Hi Lynne,

Thanks for your inquiry. Due to us primarily being a DIY site, we're not really in touch with a lot of fitters. We do however, often have people from various 'Hire A Hubby' companies buying our blinds. Perhaps there's one near you that may be able to help?

kaiman

kaimanasked

If I order a set of vertical blinds, does it come with the track and all the parts?

Matthew W.Tuiss Blinds Online

Hi and thanks for your inquiry.

Yes! Our blinds come with everything you need in order to mount them. Including tracks, brackets and screws.

Patty Tate

That's what I was going to say that brackets, screws, track should be all included, in the whole package deal. I need an invoice for the price of my rubber back curtains that have to be left in a rental for my daughter, Unfortunately, the X boy friend through my daughter through the glass door which had to be replaced as well. Then my daughter kicked him out and I have to leave my own expensive curtains up there to replace the one's he damages. Is it possible to receive an in voice from you. please this would be just to show the owner what my curtains are worth. My email address: patty@oceanbroadband.net Thank you.

louise

louiseasked

Hi
Are the brackets for the roller blinds metal or plastic?
Can you order roller blinds without the cord ie that have a handle on the bottom or something similar.

Louise

Julie B
Julie B

The brackets are metal.I don't know the answer to your other question

Human Being

Human Being asked

Please supply your price , per square metre , for supply only aluminium ( white ) fixed plantation shutters . Thanks Serena

Hi Serena

Thank you for your inquiry.

At this stage we only offer Plantation Shutters in Basswood and PVC which is only suitable for indoors.

Please feel free to check out our Shutters online https://www.blindsonline.com.au/premium-plantation-shutters

Have a great day :)

Cheers

Anya

Anyaasked

Hello, Just a question regarding your panel blinds. Does the 4550mm blind open from the centre or to one end?

Thankyou in advance

Matthew W.Tuiss Blinds Online

Hi Anya, Thanks for your inquiry.

As a standard, our Panel Glide come with dual Wand control which allows the panels to stack either to the left or to the right. However, if you'd like centre opening, you can let us know in the comments field as you're checking out. There is an extra charge of $25 for us to make the required adjustments for centre opening.

Terri.

Ravi

Raviasked

Hi Blinds Online, Are there any health hazards of installing PVC plantation shutters in whole house? I heard PVC is made of toxic material which can lead to cancer. I want PVC shutters to install but I am bit concerned about health issues that come with PVC. Can you please give any satisfactory answer?

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your inquiry.

All our Shutters comply with Australia safety standards. I'm happy to send you out a PVC SGS REPORT if you like? You can email us at sales@blindsonline.com.au I'll send one through.

Steph

Stephasked

Could you please tell me is your delivery tie on 25mm venetian blinds still 10-15 working days over the Christmas period. Also, could you tell me in order, the lightest most white colour to the darkest.

Matthew W.Tuiss Blinds Online

Hi and thanks for your inquiry.

Our factory resumes production on the 4th of January. Any orders placed before will be manufactured in 10-15 working days from the 4th.

We offer three whites in our 25mm venetian range.
These are, in order of the whitest; Ghost, China White, and Snow White.

We do recommend that you order samples as each white has a different base colour, and can look different in different lights. We can send you up to 10 samples for free and you can order these online.

Ray

Rayasked

Do you do roller blinds to keep out the cold in winter?

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your question.

We do have blockout roller blinds that will help insulate against the heat and cold (https://www.blindsonline.com.au/roller-blinds/blockout-roller-blind ). However, if you're after something a little more effective, we always say the best way to keep the weather at bay is to stop it before it hits your window. Awnings are great for this, particularly in Summer. Otherwise, curtains are probably the best insulator, and next would be honeycomb blinds (https://www.blindsonline.com.au/honeycomb-blinds ).

Alanak80

Alanak80asked

what is difference between sunscreen and light filter on double blinds?

thanks Alana

Hey Alana,

Thanks for your question.

The basic difference is that you can see through Sunscreen blinds. They're great for cutting down on glare and UV, while maintaining views. They're kind of like a mesh pattern (but really nice).

Light Filter blinds are often opaque and thin fabrics, so light still can filter though them. You can't see through them (as a general rule), but when they're down, your room wont be completely dark.

CFM

CFMasked

Hi, im not sure how the transition roller works , is that means it consists of 2 blinds with 2 alternate stripe layers ? and as for the light filter transition blinds, it is see through from the outside at night ?

Matthew W.Tuiss Blinds Online

Hi and thanks for your question.

The transition rollers are made from one piece of fabric that's doubled over in a cassette at the top of the blind, so that when it's down, there are two laters that pass by each other as you use the chain. This way the horizontal solid stripes (either Dim Out, or Light Filter) can either line up giving an impression of a striped blind, or they one of the fabrics can be raised so that the strips become a solid piece of fabric.

The light filter fabrics can't be seen through, however, from the outside, a person may see a silhouette. We do have Dim Out which will give more light control, and more privacy.

millie

millieasked

i would like to order panel blinds that will block out the sun/heat but still be able to see through. Could you tell me which product i should be selecting please?

Matthew W.Tuiss Blinds Online

Hi thanks for your question. It sounds like you're after a Sunscreen roller blind. These cut down on UV and glare, while maintaining views.

You can find them here:https://www.blindsonline.com.au/panel-glide-blinds/sunscreen-panel-blinds

Gail

Gailasked

I wish to order an external, drop down blind. This would be attached to a steel frame - are your blind fittings suitable to attach to steel? And do they come with clips and fittings at each end at the bottom to hold them in place when they are down? They will be in quite a windy position.
Another question - am I able to order a blind that is 3.8m wide? It looks like your widths are a maximum of 3m. Thanks for your advice, Gail

Good afternoon Gail,

Thank you for your questions.

Yes, you can fit our outdoor awnings to steel, we only provide screws and rawl plugs for brick installation, so you will need to source your own fittings. All other components are supplied to fit your outdoor awning, this includes the brackets and for straight drop awnings the hold down clips, however, If it is very windy you will need to raise your blind as extreme winds can damage the blind.

Our maximum width is 3000mm due to freight restrictions, we are unable to freight anything over this size.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Matthew.

pez

pezasked

can roller brackets be screwed into side reveals as there is a steel lintel?

Good Afternoon Pez,

Thank you so much for your question.

You can use a timber packer to side fix the pin drive bracket. I would use MDF so you can paint it the same colour as your recess, it will then blend in nicely. Your more than welcome to give us a call when you are fitting and we can talk you through it.

Ali

Aliasked

Hi
We've just knocked out a wall and made our kitchen/lounge open plan with a Scandi/Beach feel (white with timber floors). I'm tossing up between Roman Blinds and Roller Blinds with relation to the practicality of having romans in the kitchen area and keeping them clean, especially as I'd go for a pale colour. What would you suggest?

Rosebud4u
Rosebud4u

if your look is for the Scandi/Beach feel. I would go for the fluid, clean flow & simplicity of a Roller Blind, you should go for a blind that is not heavy & let a soft light in, as to keep a sense of space, light & airy feel.
Light filtering blinds with or without a pattern is your go!
Also a lot easier to maintain then romans, which are way to busy & heavy looking for what you want to achieve.
This answer is a bit late though... hope you got the right one's!

Get an answer from our members and Tuiss Blinds Online representatives